Please help create a "brief" history of GoodNites/DryNites/UnderJams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mattew said:
Ohh yeah, I forgot. For anyone interested, here's a picture comparing the thickness of the old Goodnites to the new ones.

View attachment 25457

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! Really GoodNites?! You made stupid poor choices here. :confused:

I just don't see why a company would do that. Yeah they "save" money, but they probably also lost more than just a few customers, which slashed their profits and made that "saving" money null.

edit:

Thanks for all of the pictures of the different ones there were. I didn't know there was that many different versions through the years.

Mexico still sells those all white goodnites, they're LXL but they're fairly thick and absorb quite a bit.

Can u look at the standing leak guards on the 90's version. I remember them being plastic instead of cloth.

Mattew said:
Ohh yeah, I forgot. For anyone interested, here's a picture comparing the thickness of the old Goodnites to the new ones.

View attachment 25457

- - - Updated - - -

I have uploaded a few pictures. Might not be the full 5 inches on both the front and back. But at least 3 inches on the front and 3 inches on the back higher, for at least 6 more inches. It could have been a bit more. I was comparing an older one that was a bit squished to a newer one. I've got pictures up showing the size different. Also shows how much the old L size is compared to the new ones. They've really shrank them. Basically there were 3 sizes. M, L, and XL. The current L/XL is about the size of the old M. It's sad that they've shrunk them so much. Also lost a lot of padding. Half of the old Goodnites, either the front of back, had more padding in them than the current Goodnites have total in them.

A couple weeks ago I was watching really old commercials for Pull-Ups on YouTube. I noticed how wonderfully thick they seemed compared to today's offerings. Back in 2014, despite not being able to do anything but lay them in my underwear, I picked up a pack to assuage my childhood fascination. Absorbency was pretty bad. :/ You think they would make training pants able to hold up to at least one accident from a child-sized bladder, as that's kind of the point.

KimbaStarshine said:
A couple weeks ago I was watching really old commercials for Pull-Ups on YouTube. I noticed how wonderfully thick they seemed compared to today's offerings. Back in 2014, despite not being able to do anything but lay them in my underwear, I picked up a pack to assuage my childhood fascination. Absorbency was pretty bad. :/ You think they would make training pants able to hold up to at least one accident from a child-sized bladder, as that's kind of the point.

The absorbency was bad? I wonder if that was a problem with their age. I remember being able to go more in the old ones than the newer ones we have today.

- - - Updated - - -

hunter1070 said:
Can u look at the standing leak guards on the 90's version. I remember them being plastic instead of cloth.

Yeah. I'll look & report back.

Mattew said:
The absorbency was bad? I wonder if that was a problem with their age. I remember being able to go more in the old ones than the newer ones we have today.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I'll look & report back.

I meant the absorbency was bad in the ones I got in 2014. I never had any prior to that; never wore them as an actual toddler.

Mattew said:

That looks like quite a difference, but I wonder if the old ones didn't use SAP and the new ones do? That may account for the difference.

There's a few stores near me that have a very low turn over of the Goodnites. They're smaller grocery stores, & larger stores like Walmart are near by. I was in one the other day & saw that they had several different Goodnite prints for both boys & girls. The oldest boy print dated back to 2009. There was 3 or 4 different S/M boy prints & 3 different L/XL prints.

If anyone was looking to collect, & are near any small communities, or small stores, you might check out those stores. I'm not needing more of them. I've got several packages still of each.

the originals had SAP but, along with most other types/brands of absorbant underwear, they became more reliant on it over time. a good comparison of the absorbancy difference is that of the last hourglass-shaped version of [euro] Attends and it's trimmer-fitting replacement which, while being significantly more absorbant, had an awful cut and fixing method, leading to leaks and discomfort.
some Drynites pics from the change-over, in the UK:
View attachment 25464
newer 'trim-fit' pack at the top of the pic.

View attachment 25465
the old 'guess which is which?' game.

View attachment 25466

View attachment 25467
some compy tishun.

View attachment 25468
Libero Night Comfort, to the left, beside Drynites of the time (2010-ish).

Last edited:
Aww all these 90's designs and kid diaper pics make me feel so fuzzy inside :3
Thanks for sharing!!

hunter1070 said:

I haven't forgotten about this. Just haven't had a chance to get them back out. There's a bunch of storage tubs that I have to move to get back to the one that has those in there. If I'm remembering correct, they were sort of cloth-like, just not as soft as the ones they have today. But I will hopefully be able to look soon.

Mattew said:
I haven't forgotten about this. Just haven't had a chance to get them back out. There's a bunch of storage tubs that I have to move to get back to the one that has those in there. If I'm remembering correct, they were sort of cloth-like, just not as soft as the ones they have today. But I will hopefully be able to look soon.

Ok thanks

Aww man, this takes me back. The Goodnites back in the 90's were the best.

Hi Guys,

I'm in the UK and I've been buying Goodnites or Drynites as they are called outside the US, since they came out. I have a few packs of unopened XL originals, the white ones. I also have a few partial packs of girls XL ones from through the years, the old light pink packs, then the deeper purple ones and finally the current white pack. I also have a few packs of US XL Girl Goodnites that I've brought back from trips to America, about 4-5 years old.

I can send you some pics if you like.

celticbabyboy said:
Hi Guys,

I'm in the UK and I've been buying Goodnites or Drynites as they are called outside the US, since they came out. I have a few packs of unopened XL originals, the white ones. I also have a few partial packs of girls XL ones from through the years, the old light pink packs, then the deeper purple ones and finally the current white pack. I also have a few packs of US XL Girl Goodnites that I've brought back from trips to America, about 4-5 years old.

I can send you some pics if you like.

Cool. Yep. Feel free to share. I still need to upload more of the pics I have. Have the prints for the US Goodnites & UK Drynites ever been different? I know some of the Drynites in other countries have had different prints than the Goodnites in the US.

Mattew said:
Cool. Yep. Feel free to share. I still need to upload more of the pics I have. Have the prints for the US Goodnites & UK Drynites ever been different? I know some of the Drynites in other countries have had different prints than the Goodnites in the US.

Far as I'm aware, they only really started differing a couple of years ago; prior to that, they did use a lot of the same prints the US did. If you want to bring Australia/New Zealand into it, they're actually using the 2013 variant of the S/M Disney Fairies prints on their small size.

Ohh ok. Thanks.

Any History of Goodnites needs to include all the Drynite versions from around the world.

This is what I've been trying to find for awhile. OK, so there are internet archive sites where you can view old saved versions of sites. I was just looking through different years of the Goodnites site. I knew that they used to say that Goodnites are plain white, no little kid prints or colors. I finally found that.

Goodnites Webiste3.jpg

This was on their site in 1999, just a few years before they started putting prints on them.

celticbabyboy said:
Hi Guys,
I also have a few partial packs of girls XL ones from through the years, the old light pink packs, then the deeper purple ones and finally the current white pack.

Please share some of these, including the packages. I like to see the designs that weren't in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back