Biggest obstacles of being incontinent/wearing diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinylfeet, from the sound of it you're way past the threshold for needing tape on plastic diapers.

Vinylfeet said:
For me it's that public bathrooms are too quiet and really could offer a lot more privacy.

Isn't that the truth!?!?!

Public bathrooms of all places should be the ones with background music and fans to help cloak noises. No one wants to hear their stall neighbor splattering into the pot! And it would help us crinkle brethren as well!

I actually just heard a podcast about this topic - why there is no music in bathrooms - I think it was 99 percent invisible??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems pretty common that changing diapers is the challenge. Having a pretty awesome diaper bag definitely made that easier for me. I have a backpack style one I picked up from babies r us that is amazing. I can put everything I need for the day plus a night in there and it eased my changing troubles. The only hang up I get it with it once in a while is having it around when its not exactly convenient to carry anything.

babyblueblanket said:
Seems pretty common that changing diapers is the challenge. Having a pretty awesome diaper bag definitely made that easier for me. I have a backpack style one I picked up from babies r us that is amazing. I can put everything I need for the day plus a night in there and it eased my changing troubles. The only hang up I get it with it once in a while is having it around when its not exactly convenient to carry anything.

For me cleaning a bm it's still hard, I'm pretty equipped with a diaper bag, but still cleaning a bm isn't simple, plus I'm obsessed with cleaning which might sound ironic but I try to avoid rashes/infection as much as possible and so far I've been successful.

miapeters said:
For me cleaning a bm it's still hard, I'm pretty equipped with a diaper bag, but still cleaning a bm isn't simple, plus I'm obsessed with cleaning which might sound ironic but I try to avoid rashes/infection as much as possible and so far I've been successful.

Doesn't sound ironic at all. Im heavy on the wipes as well. I can't relate to BM but being a stickler for avoiding diaper rash is big thing in my book. Your bag has to have the convicts. Powder, cream, and wipes. We should start a thread "Whats in your diaper bag"

babyblueblanket said:
Doesn't sound ironic at all. Im heavy on the wipes as well. I can't relate to BM but being a stickler for avoiding diaper rash is big thing in my book. Your bag has to have the convicts. Powder, cream, and wipes. We should start a thread "Whats in your diaper bag"

Yeah, I have several bm's a day so avoiding rashes is such a priority, especially in the morning, i have a bm in the night. when I've slept in a bm filled diaper and rashes used to come a lot when I was smaller, then everyday I got up at around 5 or 6 in the morning to change, it works, I don't wake up for the bm but I wake up early enough to stop any rash possibilities.

I think I've mentioned before what is in my diaper bag, but yeah, it'll be useful to see if there is room for improvement.

Probebly the two biggest barriers to me wearing diapers full-time are the following.

1. The stigmatizum surrounding wearing diapers as a adult as people who don't know me think I am some sort of pervert which I am not and to combat this I have to mention that I am disabled.

2. The cost of adult diapers in the UK a single pack can cost me anywhere from £20.00-£60.00 or more depending on the brand and the level of absorbancy.

3. My pearents aren't exactly supportive of the fact that I need to wear diapers and this sucks because it causes big arguments every time I am caught wearing my diapers, although I am set to move out at some point next year into care mostly because of my disabilities and the fact I don't want to burden my pearents who are nearly in their 70's with looking after me forever, read my blog for further details.

4. The shame and embarrassment of having to wear diapers at my age when it really shouldn't be happening to me although I have little or no control over this fact because I am partially incontinent.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

Slomo said:
Vinylfeet, from the sound of it you're way past the threshold for needing tape on plastic diapers.

if vinylfeet is so am i... i can get about 3 hrs out of most any pull up but messes are becomming a weekly issue, and given anything unpredictable ill soak through my pull up with a stuffer im already diapered at night im just not ready to let bygones be bygones.. and let go of that what if i make it moment i can still go in the toilet.. even if those moments are less and less every time i try...

Chinababy888 said:
Probebly the two biggest barriers to me wearing diapers full-time are the following.

1. The stigmatizum surrounding wearing diapers as a adult as people who don't know me think I am some sort of pervert which I am not and to combat this I have to mention that I am disabled.

2. The cost of adult diapers in the UK a single pack can cost me anywhere from £20.00-£60.00 or more depending on the brand and the level of absorbancy.

3. My pearents aren't exactly supportive of the fact that I need to wear diapers and this sucks because it causes big arguments every time I am caught wearing my diapers, although I am set to move out at some point next year into care mostly because of my disabilities and the fact I don't want to burden my pearents who are nearly in their 70's with looking after me forever, read my blog for further details.

4. The shame and embarrassment of having to wear diapers at my age when it really shouldn't be happening to me although I have little or no control over this fact because I am partially incontinent.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

4, it's definitely true, it's something i always think of. I think of it more when I have an accident, when I was small I felt so singled out because of it, I still feel it a little cause it's just me and it's sometimes a lonely feeling.....

cm90210 said:
Isn't that the truth!?!?!

Public bathrooms of all places should be the ones with background music and fans to help cloak noises. No one wants to hear their stall neighbor splattering into the pot! And it would help us crinkle brethren as well!

I actually just heard a podcast about this topic - why there is no music in bathrooms - I think it was 99 percent invisible??

I like Cracker Barrel bathrooms because they are all built the same and they always have music playing.

I have to echo the sentiment that having to change outside of one's home is the biggest challenge. Especially considering that I need help to do it these days, it can be a bit of a struggle. I have arrangements with a local coffee shop at my university, so if I'm not in class I'm usually there, and they let me and my wife take care of things there without any problems. But it's still a bit of a scare having to do it in the public restrooms on campus or elsewhere for fear someone is going to freak out. I keep my handicap placard(I also have the car tag so I don't necessarily need it for my rearview) in my diaper bag and being able to hang it on the outside of the stall, or show it to a manager for "proof" has made a big difference in that regard. The couple of times I've been confronted (weirdly it's been at a fast food place every time, something to think about with regard to psychology and those places now that I think about it) management being on my side kept everything going smoothly.

Biggest issues- 1. having my diaper leak when I am not close to a place that I can change conveniently.
2. having a messy accident in public and not being able to conceal it.

For me, its the occasionally lack of understanding from my wife, that unless I wear a diaper I'll end up in wet pants. Although she's understanding I sometimes sense, that she really not accept the fact that I need diapers

NotTheAverageMan said:
For me, its the occasionally lack of understanding from my wife, that unless I wear a diaper I'll end up in wet pants. Although she's understanding I sometimes sense, that she really not accept the fact that I need diapers

That must be tough. My family, at least my parents and my brother have been very supportive, it really helps to have that...

NotTheAverageMan said:
I guess for some it is hard to accept. I am lucky my wife is fine with me being in nappies 24/7.

ST50 said:
I guess for some it is hard to accept. I am lucky my wife is fine with me being in nappies 24/7.

There are lots of people who have brushed me off because of it. It sucks but it's happened a lot. I have to tell them eventually if we ever go out, and most know about it. I know there are people who might accept it, but I don't know. I feel like being single forever -.-.......

MaurepasGnD said:
The couple of times I've been confronted (weirdly it's been at a fast food place every time, something to think about with regard to psychology and those places now that I think about it) management being on my side kept everything going smoothly.

People actually confront you? Why, and what for? I can't imagine the kind of person that throws a fit because someone else changes in a handicap stall in a restroom. Some people are just awful human beings.

I can probably answer that. It's because when you wear a diaper 24/7 you eventually learn you shouldn't have to go out of your way to hide you're wearing a diaper. (Though at the same time you try not to expose them if it can be helped).

And yes, with this approach, sooner or later someone will eventually notice (like changing in a public stall). It's the people who confront you about it that automatically assume you're wearing a diaper because you're a pedophile or some other creap who wears them as part of a fetish. (Note; this is part of why its so important to separate an ingrained compulsion for diapers from a sexual fetish).

Wen this happens to me I just school them to try and shut down those misconceptions, then turn my back and ignore them as best I can. It can still get to you though.

Slomo said:
I can probably answer that. It's because when you wear a diaper 24/7 you eventually learn you shouldn't have to go out of your way to hide you're wearing a diaper. (Though at the same time you try not to expose them if it can be helped).

And yes, with this approach, sooner or later someone will eventually notice (like changing in a public stall). It's the people who confront you about it that automatically assume you're wearing a diaper because you're a pedophile or some other creap who wears them as part of a fetish. (Note; this is part of why its so important to separate an ingrained compulsion for diapers from a sexual fetish).

Wen this happens to me I just school them to try and shut down those misconceptions, then turn my back and ignore them as best I can. It can still get to you though.

Would be really awkward if anyone approached you! Do people really? The last time anyone criticised or picked on me for it was middle school, since then no ones actually approached me. It's actually kind of hard to imagine.

Firstly Im not incontinent in any way, but I do like to wear to wear as often as possible like many people that come to visit this site. Often I do wear when Im out and about going around my daily business.

Like many others have previously stated in posts before mine, changing in public because of direct conflict with other people is my biggest obstacle. I always tend to use the same places where possible where I know the facilities are good. Like disabled toilets for example. I have only ever had one instance when I was questioned by somebody why I was using a disabled toilet. I think I may have mentioned this story previously in a thread but I think its relevant to tell it again.

I was travelling to visit a friend and stopped off somewhere for a break from driving, at the time I decided I would have a change because I was a bit wet. I went into the disabled toilet to change. When I was changing, somebody tugged at the door, so I knew somebody was waiting so I was as quick as possible. The person waiting was a rather "large" older lady. She said "your toilets are over there". I said "excuse me?" she said it again. At this point I felt the need to defend my actions as to why I was using "not the right toilet". I was thinking I need to defend people that actually wear 24/7 from such small mindedness. So I took the approach that I was a 24/7 wearer and basically unloaded my trail of thoughts on the lady and that she shouldnt judge people on their abilities and looks etc. I must admit I did feel a little bad after but I think I made my point as she doesnt know me and as far as I was concerned I could have easily been a "genuine" wearer for a medical condition that she decided to cast judgement on. I dont think she will do it again in a hurry anyway. But yep thats my biggest obstacle, but Im always happy to tell somebody my thoughts if need be lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back