Status
Not open for further replies.

miapeters

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys, mia here.

(If you are in a sharing mood)
Share your biggest obstacle/obstacles of being incontinent or wearing diapers regularly,

Feel free to ask questions or for advice, it's all about sharing

Probably having to change while out or getting to the bathroom while wearing, also determining how much assorbency I'll need if my overactive bladder is acting up, am I diapered heavily enough I can get through an evening hanging out with my friend watching a movie/surfing the web, remembering to check myself at those times when I am distracted and noi have had some gushes. Having a bowel accident while out is another pain as it means an asap trip to the bathroom and an emergency cleanup

Changing away from home.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Changing away from home.

Agreed, changing away from home for me is still a huge pain in the butt.
Especially if your only option being a port-a-potty, it's just the worst. 1'x2' standing space(2' wide cause of the built-in urinal port) is absolutely one of the most challenging places I have changed in.
If you get lucky and they have one of those awesome handicapped ones then that's a little better.
Still, changing away from home is not a great experience for me.

How do you go about changing in public miapeters, do you use the stall wall to hold up the back of the brief?
How do you manage small changing spaces with having your bag and such?
I keep a small door hanger(over the door hook) in my bag so if the stall doesn't have a coat hook I can hang my bag and not set it on the dirty floor.

Jonnythepony said:
Agreed, changing away from home for me is still a huge pain in the butt.
Especially if your only option being a port-a-potty, it's just the worst. 1'x2' standing space(2' wide cause of the built-in urinal port) is absolutely one of the most challenging places I have changed in.
If you get lucky and they have one of those awesome handicapped ones then that's a little better.
Still, changing away from home is not a great experience for me.

How do you go about changing in public miapeters, do you use the stall wall to hold up the back of the brief?
How do you manage small changing spaces with having your bag and such?
I keep a small door hanger(over the door hook) in my bag so if the stall doesn't have a coat hook I can hang my bag and not set it on the dirty floor.

That's exactly what I do :p, then I empty the bowels into the toilet and put it into the open ziplock I've kept ready, then I start cleaning, lots of cleaning.... changing just a wet diaper is easy, bm's require cleaning and dealing with the "stuff", I actually have a really small body size, there was a point where I just stopped growing, yes the bag can take extra space but I manoeuvre pretty well, the only thing I haven't been able to do is airline toilets, although I also get airsick sometimes and I don't want to vomit as well so... If there is a possibility I'll try it this time I fly home...

Last edited:
miapeters said:
That's exactly what I do :p, then I empty the bowels into the toilet and put it into the open ziplock I've kept ready, then I start cleaning, lots of cleaning.... changing just a wet diaper is easy, bm's require cleaning and dealing with the "stuff", I actually have a really small body size, there was a point where I just stopped growing, yes the bag can take extra space so I manoeuvre pretty well, the only thing I haven't been able to do is airline toilets, although I also get airsick sometimes and I don't want to vomit as well so... If there is a possibility I'll try it this time I fly home...

Mia, why are you incontinent if you don't mind me asking?

Jonnythepony said:
do you use the stall wall to hold up the back of the brief
With some practice that's actually not necessary. Pull it up with your dominant hand grasping the front and other hand grasping the back. Once you have the front and back positioned in terms of height, brace the front of the brief with your forearm to hold it up. That leaves your dominant hand free to work the tapes, which you can bring over by working your other hand around the back. It sounds awkward to describe, but it's extremely fast to do once you get the hang of it. Plus you don't need to lean up against a dirty restroom stall divider or worry about people wondering why your feet are pointed in an odd direction as viewed from under the stall door.

Jonnythepony said:
That's actually a really good idea, I'll have to try it.

I worry about odours if I have a soiled brief.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tyler007 said:
Mia, why are you incontinent if you don't mind me asking?

It's a medical issue, I don't want to get into the medicine behind it right now but I've had it since childhood, basically I can't control my bladder and bowels during the day and night 24/7.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Changing away from home.

Yes, changing my diaper away from home.
Many public bathrooms are not very clean.

irnub said:
With some practice that's actually not necessary. Pull it up with your dominant hand grasping the front and other hand grasping the back. Once you have the front and back positioned in terms of height, brace the front of the brief with your forearm to hold it up. That leaves your dominant hand free to work the tapes, which you can bring over by working your other hand around the back. It sounds awkward to describe, but it's extremely fast to do once you get the hang of it. Plus you don't need to lean up against a dirty restroom stall divider or worry about people wondering why your feet are pointed in an odd direction as viewed from under the stall door.

True, although I've dealt with it for such a long time I've been comfortable changing that way, I guess eventually I'll get used to doing it if I tried it more often, but changing a bm filled diaper isn't easy....

I really don't go anywhere by myself I either with my parents or taytay or Haylee. If get go my friends house I usually wait till get home or if really bad my friends help me.they understand I have disability it's hard to grasp things

carrying stuff. concealing diapers, changing in public restrooms. It's just a pain in the butt.

As someone who has no control and doesn't toilet at all, I can definitely say that bowel accident away from home and cleaning it up. This happens about once a month.

Biggest difficulties/struggles for me.

1. Being stuck in places where I can't easily change (small boats for example).
2. Skin rashes.
3. Making sure I budget for diapers and keep enough on hand.
4. Staying hydrated. I tend to dehydrate myself. I think I do this subconsciously because my OAB becomes manageable when I'm dehydrated.

rennecfox said:
Probably having to change while out or getting to the bathroom while wearing, also determining how much assorbency I'll need if my overactive bladder is acting up, am I diapered heavily enough I can get through an evening hanging out with my friend watching a movie/surfing the web, remembering to check myself at those times when I am distracted and noi have had some gushes. Having a bowel accident while out is another pain as it means an asap trip to the bathroom and an emergency cleanup

I'm OAB and IBS..... So I mirror those same obstacles. Can be frustrating to find a place to change depending where I'm at. How long my diaper will last. I have sever urge incontinence so my frequency to go. Many times I want to change at home and just waist a diaper so I don't have to deal with it in public.

Even though I have daytime stress incontinence, the worst part is at night, when I sometimes wet the bed. Usually it's whenever I drink, and I sometimes have to wear diapers to bed on those nights. My girlfriend is understanding about my incontinence, and we don't drink alot because of it. One of the most embarrassing moments was when we were at dinner one night with a group of friends (who all know I'm incontinent) and she innocently said something about not wanting to stop at walgreens on the way home if I ordered another glass of wine. I was only wearing guards during the day at the time, and she knew I was out of diapers. Everyone except the waitress knew what she meant, and I was quiet after. And that made it worse because my friends started talking (loudly, they were drunk) about how it was okay that I had "issues with wetting" and nobody would mind if I needed to get up to use the restroom (we were sitting in a booth, and I was in the middle). It felt like the whole section of the restaurant was listening (and pretending not to) and I ended up faking a phone call to go outside and wait for my girlfriend. I was already embarrassed and insisted that we didn't need to go to walgreens, and then I ended up wetting the bed. We had a really long talk about it that evening, and I told her that it was getting worse. She said she knew, and I started wearing pull-ups the next week. Which I knew I needed, but was embarrassed to have to talk about. So it was good overall I guess. It forced a conversation, and feel like I can be more up front with her about my issues now.

I'm only urinary incontinent, so changing isn't too much of a problem. Only on a plane or boat, but that's seldom. I'm also quite confident so I don't worry about trying to conceal my diapers too. My worst is probably dealing with leaks, drying out my pants (or changing them if I can). Luckily I've learned to use Confidry24/7, so leaks are also very seldom.

I recently started using Abu diapers and it does really well with wettings, I definitely recommend it if it's affordable, I doubt it leaks easily and it hasn't yet for me, and my abena m4's used to leak at night but the ABU's do really well.

For me it's that public bathrooms are too quiet and really could offer a lot more privacy. I'm also at that point where it can be difficult to judge what I can get away with. I've gotten very comfortable with Depend Real Fit as something that can take most or all of what my small bladder needs to release in order to calm down, but that's one shot and I'm constantly trying to save it. In the mornings, I find that I have to head to the bathroom every 20 minutes. My experience with all other pullups is that while they technically can handle more, they fail so easily. So really my biggest problem with it is that I'm at a threshold where it would help a lot to move up to decent diapers that I know can handle it much better, but I don't see how I could get through a work day without changing. I'd never be able to keep it completely hidden and I know I would have to just accept that.

Then there's the special situations where I have to decide to wear a diaper. Movies are miserable without one. I dislike long drives down interstate highways that have had rest area funding pulled over the years. I know any jury duty I would ever get would require them. I have to do it when entering the attic or crawlspace of my house, too. I could go on, but any situation where I can't be really sure of easy bathroom access causes some pre-worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back