ABUniverse Coming Back 4/22. Excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company is soiled and needs a change, huh?

If I have the money and I can find something that appeals to me, I'll give it a try. I had no experience with it before, so it's a fresh company to me

ABUniverse Returning

Just got a email from ABUniverse and as of April 22, they will be back online. According to the email, the new ABUniverse is run by 100% AB staff. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to offer when they reopen.

It's still gonna be the same products, maybe a few reprints in the future, I really couldn't care either way.

PaddedWife said:
im not spending my money there..maybe in a few years after a perfect track record..actually no i wont be using their products on matter of principle and ethics. that company is soiled imo..change the name

Casey here (New Owner) - Why do you think the name would need to be changed? It's just a name - it just happens that everyone knows it? I kept the name the same because I thought it would be deceptive to change it but still sell the SDKs/Cushies/Sissys.

Do you have any reason to believe that my ethics are NOT spot on? You shouldn't have any reason to believe they are...Yet. That I would understand - But why not give me the benefit of the doubt out of curiosity?

I'm going to do the very best I can, and can promise that I won't be perfect. If you have any specific beef or historical dealing that needs to be addressed, you can email me at [email protected] and I will work with you or invite you to call me.

-Thanks,
Casey.

InverseTundra said:
anyone else excited and also curious what the future is for them?

nope. i got their unsolicited e-mail, despite never having been a customer of theirs, and it does leave me awondering where they got my details from?
given such a lack of scruples, i wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole.

After some time, I will order. I'm usually cautious about this kind of thing. I haven't been burned by ABU, but I've heard stories. I'm happy that they are now under new ownership, and wish Casey the best with the new business. I'm going to wait a few months. I'm sure that when they first start back up, they're going to get flooded with orders.

I've still got a supply of SDK's, and will be happy to be able to get some more. I'd been saving the ones that I had, and didn't really want to use them much, because once they were gone, I'd never have anymore. But yeah, I'm very happy to hear that they are back.

Just had an email sent to me from these guys concerning the official re-launch. I can't believe it's been so long since the last time I ordered something from the site. I can't guarantee that everybody's going to express interest in ABUniverse, but because I enjoyed one of their diaper products, I'll probably order again once I have the sufficient resources and time.

Casey are you planning on doing anything for us Canadians? Any distributors here in Canada? (B4NS is really good...) Or atleast helping out with the shipping costs? Its not practical for us to order out of the US as typically they shipping amount to more than the actual product. Personally I think the shipping with most sites is heavily marked up to make extra profit but I am hoping you will be able to do better so I can order.

Cheers.

Pulluplover said:
I am excited. I just ordered many months supply of Snuggies, but look forward to see them come back with diverse offerings.

that can't have been cheap.... I really love everything about those except the price.

140.00 for 80.00 delivered. Seems to be about the going rate. I probably average 3 a week or so, even at 4 a week that would be 5 months. Of course I also will go through maybe 3 lg goodnites packs in the same time...

Rescue: Casey are you planning on doing anything for us Canadians? Any distributors here in Canada?

-Yes, We have a partnership in Canada, and we're going to announce this very soon.

Ade:
nope. i got their unsolicited e-mail, despite never having been a customer of theirs, and it does leave me awondering where they got my details from?

-Your email address was on the old subscription list that ABU had in their newsletter database. I apologize if you received it and didn't want it, and there is a very clear unsubscribe button. I am sorry about this.

I myself almost got burned by ABU once. I bought a entire case of sissy diapers and they never sent me a tracking number until over 2 months had passed after I was freakishly lucky to be home for the delivery which was on time. You see If I was not running late that day I would not have been able to pick up my order because I never did have the tracking number for that. Now if I was not home when the delivery was made UPS would have just stored it in their warehouse until I was able to present them a tracking number that never came until over 2 months later. I did get the order but because of that I never bought from them again because I don't want to waste money on something that takes that long to get when there are better alternatives. I am going to take a risk and see if they are able to demonstrate that they are not the same company as before and are able demonstrate they are a decent company.

ade said:

Agreed.

klo555 said:
Do you have any reason to believe that my ethics are NOT spot on?

Casey, where did you get these email addresses from?

I cant wait i cant wait to buy my diapys from here again!!!!! Abu and bambino all the way!!!!!

well it's 4/22 and they're still "coming soon", guess I'll have to wait till this evening to see what's new.

I also notice the page says that any orders placed but not shipped were taken, but to contact them for help. I'd imagine that means they'll cut you a discount on your first order. So if you were one of the people that got snatch-and-run'd, be sure and mention that to them, get something back. That's nice of them to do.

Moo said:
Casey, where did you get these email addresses from?

Pretty much 100% sure that as Casey said, they were ABU's old e-mail list and all assets were transferred to the new company when he bought it.

Good luck, Casey and ABU! Hoping the best for you all :)

Time will tell .
Bad stuff has a way of getting out there so if things are good then we will know.
Being they are AB/DL's that may be the thing that makes a difference.
If they hold to there word.
I have to say when things were getting bad in the end befor buy out .
Why did some of you order.

Last edited:
cool replys guys. im interested in some of the problems you all have had. i havent bought anything from them myself yet or before they went down. they are quite expensive ( at least free shipping in the US ). i think in general i will just wait a bit for them to get fully on their feet before buying something. but i do hope for the best with it all Casey. and hopefully if i do buy something from them in the future it will be good. :D

At the case size (80), these are $1.62/diaper, which puts them in line with other ABDL-specific diapers, in between Bambinos and Snuggies.

No medium SDKs at launch, which is unfortunate but is perhaps not surprising given that a huge backlog of orders is being fulfilled. I guess that means I get the benefit of seeing others confirm that all is well before I order anything myself.

ABU diapers were notable for being priced similar to Bambinos without really being "premium" diapers by capacity - so I'm interested to hear if there are active plans to bring them up to par with competitors in this or future runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back