AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly negative as well, im pretty sure my childhood was a positive experience :p

Wugz said:
Slightly negative as well, im pretty sure my childhood was a positive experience :p

Yeah, I had pirate parties "HArrrr" and lots of childhood friend, was always outside playing whenever possible and my mom was great. None can beat my childhood ^_^

Last Sunday I was watching Bored to Death on HBO and the main character had to erase a hard drive in an S&M dungeon so to get in he purchased a session with one of the mistresses there and when he commented that she had the same name as his mother she said “oh you’re an infantilist, I’ll go get some diapers.”

Fahari said:
Last Sunday I was watching Bored to Death on HBO and the main character had to erase a hard drive in an S&M dungeon so to get in he purchased a session with one of the mistresses there and when he commented that she had the same name as his mother she said “oh you’re an infantilist, I’ll go get some diapers.”

There was a guy in diapers and in either cage or crib seen later in the epi.

Did you know that Kyra Sedgwick from "The Closer" is a thumb-sucker? lol There was also an episode of CSI called "King Baby" that was an okay portrayal of *B/DLism

neonnoodle93 said:
Did you know that Kyra Sedgwick from "The Closer" is a thumb-sucker? lol There was also an episode of CSI called "King Baby" that was an okay portrayal of *B/DLism

Are you joking? An okay portrayal of Infantilism? That show made us look horrible. Every time I see that episode I cringe because it makes us look like a bunch of weird sickos that like to nothing other than babble like idiots and shit ourselves.

Yeah, people bring up that King Baby episode a lot on this thread. I have never seen it, nor do I ever want to see it.

If you ask me, I don't think I've ever seen a more realistic and fair depiction of *Bism than the Malcolm in the Middle episode where Dewey gets jealous of his baby brother, and gradually regresses himself. He eats baby food, drinks from a bottle, has his distracted father burp him, and eventually wears a diaper and footy pajamas while he tells his mom he wants to be treated like a baby from now on, lol. The only thing that was particularly unrealistic about it is that he is very open about it with his parents, which is definitely not common. Most of us who are purely into the lifestyle from a young age just suppress it and hide it throughout our childhood years.

Really, there aren't too many fair depictions of us out there. Heck, I saw that there was a play parody about Jerry Springer once, and in the play it had him decending into hell. In hell, there is an adult baby and his mommy. Sure, it was merely a comedy, but that's a pretty negative outlook on us just for being who we are. It'll be years before this changes, sadly.

spddan said:
If you ask me, I don't think I've ever seen a more realistic and fair depiction of *Bism than the Malcolm in the Middle episode where Dewey gets jealous of his baby brother, and gradually regresses himself. He eats baby food, drinks from a bottle, has his distracted father burp him, and eventually wears a diaper and footy pajamas while he tells his mom he wants to be treated like a baby from now on, lol.

Unfortunately, they never do actually show Dewey's diaper or him being diaper changed, other than that it was a wonderful episode though :)

(I was 13 when the show started airing I think)

This has probably been talked about before in this thread but I think that Michael Jackson (who is my alltime favorite singer) may have been involved in infantilism to an extent. Who knows, maybe he did wear diapers, but in all honesty, he did not have the greatest childhood(which a lot on this site can relate to) and he wanted to get it back. I am certaintly the same way to Jackson to an extent when it comes to having a crummy childhood. if you look at some of the things that surrounded Jackson, the childish things make you wonder if he knew or was an infantlist to an extent.

I'm sure Jacko's behaviour was down to lack of a real childhood and I can relate to missing childhood. But sleeping in the same bed as kids that aren't his own... come on!

I was watching the Cleveland Show the other day and I saw Cleveland as cupid and I think he was wearing a diaper too.

Thank you for the addition. However, may I suggest you look at our Greetings/Introductions subforum? Posting a thread there and telling us about yourself will help us a lot.

On BBC3 this Monday there is this show where they look at wierd habits and one of them is a girl who still sucks on a pacifier at the age of 18.

Wambles said:
In a king of the hill episode, Peggy was in a full body cast (long story) and she had to eat food through a straw. A baby moniter was by her so hank could hear her from the kitchen. Hank eventually fed her with a bottle because they were out of straws. She was humiliated and started crying while sucking on a bottle

King of the Hill FTW!

A couple more quasi-ABDL bits:

The story of how Cotton met DiDi...
In the episode "The Propaniacs", the chairman of the Texas Propane Gas Association wears diapers and is offended by a propane comedy skit which several characters take part in.
Neither of the above really, 100%, deal with ABDL. However, inferences can be made.

Unrelated: In a Jim Gaffigan comedy sketch, he said, "I'm not into wearing diapers." (He had been talking about why he wouldn't eat really spicy hot sauce.)

I saw an episode of 'Good Luck Charlie' were two of the characters (Gabe and PJ for those who watch it) come into the scene wearing very obvious makeshift diapers (shirt diapers). One said "Do you know how much time I'm going to save by not having to go to the bathroom?" to which the other character replied "I'm saving time right now if you know what I mean".

legokid said:
On BBC3 this Monday there is this show where they look at wierd habits and one of them is a girl who still sucks on a pacifier at the age of 18.
Not that unusual for older girls to do so. A guy on the other hand!

But more weird is the Extraordinary Breastfeeding documentary that was shown in the UK which amongst other things had an 8 year old girl still breastfed.

On a new episode of better with you (new show on abc if wrong title) two fiancés are sharing secrets and the future wife said she sucked her thumb till 13. More childish that Abdl, but worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back