Snuggies S. Ex And Overnights Review With Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capacity. Standing while peeing, letting it soak up, and then sitting down.

Starts to leak around 1.5 liters. That's up from the original at about .9 ti 1 liter.

They are easily a 50% improvement, and they are freaking adorable.

$130 a case of 80 makes them pretty competitive to a 48 case of Bellissimos for $100.

One quadro should bring it up to the capacity of a Bellissimo, but really this thing is probably as good as any Molicore or Abena Drycare 24/7, but it still can't touch the Bellissimo in capacity, which I can constantly get 2 full liters in the above mentioned peeing technique.

The fit? A large is in between a Medium 24/7 and a Large Bellissimo. I think the fit is perfect, it's the best fit I've ever had for my 42" waist. The material is soft.

The tapes do indeed suck, but, I also use clear packing tape on every diaper to re-enforce the tapes and make them super tight so this isn't really an issue.

I may just have to buy a case of these.

Very good.

Something that really helps the tapes is to make sure the front of the diaper is perfectly smooth, no wrinkles at all, before taping down. I've gotten them to bite so hard they pull plastic up when releasing them.

Just got home from a full day at work wearing an overnight waddler, as a "durability and extended comfort" test. Short of my sweat, I kept them dry. The padding didn't break down in back, the backing didn't split in the back nor appear to weaken. Padding in the front and back did a really good job of staying put. However the padding in the crotch did clump up quite a bit, but that may be due to my sweating. The thicker padding I enjoyed for the first half of the day, but became less so in the afternoon where I'd have preferred a regular waddler by that point. These also seem to make me sweat a bit moree

The tapes all held fine, and didn't start to pull loose from the back, and my diaper wasn't sagging when I got home and stripped down. So for daytime use I'll give them a 7. I think I'll stick with my totaldry plus and regular waddlers for daytime wear though. These would probably work very well though on a long car trip. The high sap and excellent leak guards should perform well while sitting.

I emailed snuggies and they said they hadent heard many people complain their tapes such... perhaps we should start emailing them and informing them so they can make a change in the future. If only a hand full of people tell them they wont change jack but it alot of people say something they may consider a redesign.

I'm hoping to have a full review posted in the next few days, but the short version is this:

They start barely thicker than the regular Waddler but swell like nothing else until they hold as much as a Bambino Bellissimo. I agree with complaints about the tapes - they seem to stick less well than on the regular version; also, you have to tape these much looser than you'd expect to not have them pop early into use. For a diaper that's going to have the backsheet stretch so much, the tapes are critical.

It's really a top-tier diaper, and it may be better than the Bellissimo, which is a huge breakthrough for ABDL diapers. It's a bit cheaper than it, holds roughly as much, and looks more authentic. A lot of the complaints one can have about this product are "1st-world ABDL problems" - e.g. the diaper expands so unusually much that it could use better tapes.

I overnighted again in a WO and did some more "science" to share...

Fruitkitty said:
They start barely thicker than the regular Waddler but swell like nothing else until they hold as much as a Bambino Bellissimo.

Surprisingly, yes. I had a leak on the first night I tried them but I think that was due to poor taping. I moved the lowers up a bit and they fit better. I didn't drink enough before bed to push them very near their limit though, I had a good 5" of dry padding in the back still when I got up in the morning. HEAVY diaper though, I think these are in the elite class of very high capacity diapers. And considering how thin they start out, yes, they swell enormously.

also, you have to tape these much looser than you'd expect to not have them pop early into use. For a diaper that's going to have the backsheet stretch so much, the tapes are critical.
It's really a top-tier diaper, and it may be better than the Bellissimo, which is a huge breakthrough for ABDL diapers. It's a bit cheaper than it, holds roughly as much, and looks more authentic. A lot of the complaints one can have about this product are "1st-world ABDL problems" - e.g. the diaper expands so unusually much that it could use better tapes.

I think that's a common theme with diapers that have front and rear elastic. All of them seem to be that way for me, I need to leave them a little looser. But the elastic keeps them fitting snugly. And I agree that the swelling of the sap aggrivates the popping problem.

And btw yes the stars are wetness indicators. They don't disappear, but smudge, shift from blue to yellow, and mostly fade away.

Plz, plz plz! What's the front cover of the S. Ex? Also yor thoughts on the possible tongue-in-cheek in S. Ex...rather presumptial perhaps seeing as for most it's just a comfort thing. bringmesunshine

Thank you for this!

Apart from looking amazing they have a downside, don't expect too much security from the tapes.

bringmesunshine said:
Plz, plz plz! What's the front cover of the S. Ex? Also yor thoughts on the possible tongue-in-cheek in S. Ex...rather presumptial perhaps seeing as for most it's just a comfort thing. bringmesunshine

It's all white, very similar to a Bambino Bianco, although not as thick to start out. P1010004b.jpg

I emailed them regarding the tapes, wicking and lastly if they'll ever do a pull up. This was their reply,

We have not had really any issues with our tapes but I will make note of it so that if there is a growing number of issues we can address it with our manufacture. One thing that we always suggest with tape issues is to make sure that there is nothing on your hands such as powder or oils. Also to rub the tapes as well once you stick them to the landing zone to ensure there is full contact and they adhere all the way. If I have misunderstood something please let me know or even take a photo to better explain what is happening as we can also use these when speaking with our manufacture. I am not sure if there is much that can be done to increase the wicking but will bring this up next time we speak to them for a production run. With regards to a pull up. This is probably one of the biggest request every ABDL company gets. The problem is that right now there is no machine out there that makes a product like that, so simply we have no way to do it. The closest we can come is a store brand design or something like the Depend RealFit which is NOT what we want nor what you are asking for . Another problem that people may not like is that with a Pull On style diaper the absorbance would not physically be able to be that high. While we could put the same amount of SAP in it, assuming the fills go from top to top front to back, the elastic would not support the same weight once used. So there are many obstacles and other factors to overcome in making such a product. If you have an adult product that is similar to what you are talking about please let us know and that may give us a starting place.

kashi said:
Another problem that people may not like is that with a Pull On style diaper the absorbance would not physically be able to be that high. While we could put the same amount of SAP in it, assuming the fills go from top to top front to back, the elastic would not support the same weight once used.

That would be a problem for daytime but not for overnight.

bambinod said:
That would be a problem for daytime but not for overnight.

Message them about it haha responding to me doesn't really accomplish much.

kashi said:
I emailed them regarding the tapes, wicking and lastly if they'll ever do a pull up. This was their reply,

We have not had really any issues with our tapes but I will make note of it so that if there is a growing number of issues we can address it with our manufacture. One thing that we always suggest with tape issues is to make sure that there is nothing on your hands such as powder or oils. Also to rub the tapes as well once you stick them to the landing zone to ensure there is full contact and they adhere all the way. If I have misunderstood something please let me know or even take a photo to better explain what is happening as we can also use these when speaking with our manufacture. I am not sure if there is much that can be done to increase the wicking but will bring this up next time we speak to them for a production run. With regards to a pull up. This is probably one of the biggest request every ABDL company gets. The problem is that right now there is no machine out there that makes a product like that, so simply we have no way to do it. The closest we can come is a store brand design or something like the Depend RealFit which is NOT what we want nor what you are asking for . Another problem that people may not like is that with a Pull On style diaper the absorbance would not physically be able to be that high. While we could put the same amount of SAP in it, assuming the fills go from top to top front to back, the elastic would not support the same weight once used. So there are many obstacles and other factors to overcome in making such a product. If you have an adult product that is similar to what you are talking about please let us know and that may give us a starting place.

they didnt offer you a free bag or anything? when i mailed them i got one free bag when i buy another and free shipping

thatguy46 said:
they didnt offer you a free bag or anything? when i mailed them i got one free bag when i buy another and free shipping

No I wasn't offered anything. I sent them a follow up message with a picture of a broken tab so maybe that will drive my point home. Not sure though. I also sent them this thread cause many people here have complained about the tabs

yeah i think the issue is that people are having these problems but snuggies doesnt realize how big the problem is because people dont let the company know. People with tab issues need to contact snuggles so they can work on fixing the problem

I have now posted an official review here.

It's a very positive review. This diaper rivals the best ABDL diapers out there at a better price than comparable products. I did have repeated problems with the tapes - I feel like they improved capacity a ton but neglected to fortify the tapes to match the task they now need to perform.

Overall, I recommend them highly.

Fruitkitty said:
I have now posted an official review here.

It's a very positive review. This diaper rivals the best ABDL diapers out there at a better price than comparable products. I did have repeated problems with the tapes - I feel like they improved capacity a ton but neglected to fortify the tapes to match the task they now need to perform.

Overall, I recommend them highly.

one typo. 135oz = 4000mL not 2000mL

babybobby said:

the way I remember that one is all the 2L bottles say 67oz

babybobby said:

Whoops. Good catch, fixed. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back