Snuggies S. Ex And Overnights Review With Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They remind me of those very old (30+ years) baby diapers that were a sort of tanish-cream color and all plain, somewhere in between the classic "textured" hourglass pampers and the first diapers with prints, interesting...

Well I tried them, compared to the Bellissimo there probably within 10% of capacity. One thing I can say I like about these is this new Japanese SAP. Similar to the snuggies, this stuff is nice and squishy when it fills up, and, you can push on it (sit on it?) really hard and the sap does not press out like other diapers do. They feel softer to wear than the Bellissimo. The oversized leak gaurds are welcome as I like to use stuffers sometimes. Snuggies have an issue in my opinion of poor leak gaurds that lead to leaks, with or without boosters.

I might say the Bellissmo edges the DC Amor out on performance, but the DC Armor is by far 10 times prettier to look at.

Oh, Bellissimo tapes are superior :) But I use clear packing tape much of the time for re-inforcement so it doesn't much matter to me.

No to wait for those Rearz 2.0 ...

I wanted to share my impressions on the new overnights: they ARE AWESOME! I love them. They are my new favorite diaper, rivaling my vintage pampers size 6 collection: which I thought would never happen.

Snuggies - you have done it! What a fantastic diaper! My only complaint is in a separate thread - the tapes. If the tapes were more adhesive, or if the panel was more "sticky" for the tapes - this diaper would be 100%, instead of 99%.

If anyone has been on the edge, buy two packs like I did and sample them. I'm buying a case next.

Ehh... I'm a little disappointed to see that kind of landing zone. Cuddlz plain white/drydayz changed to a taping panel like that at one point and I absolutely hated it - ruined anything 'good' about the diaper to me. Hopefully the diaper's other features make it worth it. I'll still definitely give these a try, I'm just a little bit disappointed.

CharliePup said:
Ehh... I'm a little disappointed to see that kind of landing zone. Cuddlz plain white/drydayz changed to a taping panel like that at one point and I absolutely hated it - ruined anything 'good' about the diaper to me. Hopefully the diaper's other features make it worth it. I'll still definitely give these a try, I'm just a little bit disappointed.

That's interesting. I consider any diaper without a taping panel having a strike against it. I can see where they might be poorly implemented but they work too well in general for me to regard them as anything other than positive overall.

Trevor said:
That's interesting. I consider any diaper without a taping panel having a strike against it. I can see where they might be poorly implemented but they work too well in general for me to regard them as anything other than positive overall.

Once I get the taping points figured out I'm usually good. MOST diapers without retape panels have better-sticking tapes. Sometimes you'll get one that has too weak of a shell though that tears under strain from the tape.

For diapers that stretch, if I wear them for awhile I'll need to move them in though. Tena Slip Maxi cloth winged are bad that way. They don't have a tape panel, but do have double tapes, so I get ONE move.

Some tape panels are a bit too rough for my taste and can start to irritate my wrists while I sleep. I like my plastic sooooft :)

bambinod said:
Once I get the taping points figured out I'm usually good. MOST diapers without retape panels have better-sticking tapes. Sometimes you'll get one that has too weak of a shell though that tears under strain from the tape.

For diapers that stretch, if I wear them for awhile I'll need to move them in though. Tena Slip Maxi cloth winged are bad that way. They don't have a tape panel, but do have double tapes, so I get ONE move.

I don't miss much anymore when taping but I like knowing they're easy to move. I have low confidence in diapers with retaping strips because of consistent difficulty with the strips. I've had those come loose or tear because the adhesive isn't broadly enough applied to provide a good anchor. Panels resolve this for me and have the added bonus of very rarely rupturing integrity of the diaper when I take it off for disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back