Snuggies S. Ex And Overnights Review With Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy46

Est. Contributor
Messages
152
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone

I have noticed that there is not alot of quality information or pictures regarding the new diapers which address the new improvements over the older snuggies waddlers so i have decided to make a review to provide this information in an attempt to fill this information gap.
So here we goes!

IMAG0067.jpg

Thickness and looks: The S. EX or scene extender diaper is the same thickness as the Overnights, the only difference is obvious, one is white and one looks awesome and has fade designs. Here you can see how they stack up against each other and against the older snuggies. (due to issues with imbedding photos in the review most images will be via links)

(Over nights are on the left, original snuggies on right)
http://s14.postimg.org/70xfts2b5/IMAG0058.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/g2s0e69sr/IMAG0060.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/4vajevokh/IMAG0061.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/cp71hbmeb/IMAG0062.jpg

and here you can see the S. Ex vs Overnights Vs Snuggies Original

http://s1.postimg.org/qm37smuyn/IMAG0063.jpg

Compared to bambino Teddys: The bambinos are slightly thicker than the overnights

http://s18.postimg.org/gjvi8921l/IMAG0071_1.jpg

The Inside: The inside is very much the same as the original in terms of the blue extra absorbency zone, on the overnights you can see they have a dark blue lining on the inside and the white S. Ex diapers are ... well white everywhere except the blue pad inside.

Original
http://s18.postimg.org/4ek332rh5/IMAG0068.jpg

Overnights
http://s3.postimg.org/hqz1lul0j/IMAG0069.jpg

S. Ex
http://s16.postimg.org/6cwodm95h/IMAG0070.jpg

Tapes: On the Overnights and the S. Ex diapers it seems they have drifted away from the original tape zone which had a very glossy finish to it as seen in the following pictures. Some people think that the new tape zones dont work as well but so far i have had no issues. However i would prefer the original style tape-zone anyway.(here you can tell the diffrence between the old tape zone (right) and the new one ( left)) ***** EDIT***** After wearing the overnight for a while i can confirm that the tapes do suck, they come loose rather easily while moving around, unlike the previous snuggies

http://s22.postimg.org/xabnrj78h/IMAG0065.jpg

http://s2.postimg.org/greyt2ji1/IMAG0066.jpg



While this review fails to compare the diapers in a way some of you would like such as absorbency in ml/oz, and thickness when wet, ect it does provide a good idea of the cosmetic improvements of the diapers such as thickness compared to one another and looks. I hope you all like the review and i hope it helps at least one person decide whether to buy some new diapers or not!
(its my first time doing pictures on here so if the don't work at first bear with me)
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for the pictures. The Overnights look amazing :)
 
Great review! Thanks! If they are not even as thick as the Teddy's (which aren't as thick as the Bambino Bellisimo's) then I'll pass.
 
bambinobaby said:
Great review! Thanks! If they are not even as thick as the Teddy's (which aren't as thick as the Bambino Bellisimo's) then I'll pass.

yeah, they arnt :/ which for me is good for daytime use because they arnt as bulky under clothes however the tabs suck they wont stick even if i dont put em on tight... truly disappointing, the original waddler tabs are amazing tho
 
thatguy46 said:
yeah, they arnt :/ which for me is good for daytime use because they arnt as bulky under clothes however the tabs suck they wont stick even if i dont put em on tight... truly disappointing, the original waddler tabs are amazing tho

The tabs work ok for me as long as I don't try to move them. Make sure you don't "contaminate" them, avoid touching the exposed adhesive with your fingers, and don't let any lotion or powder get on the front panel. (it's easy to transfer baby lotion to the panel by accident if it gets on your hands and then you handle the diaper before taping it on)

For some reason I was thinking the S.Ex were black diapers, I see now only the package is black, and the diaper is all-white like the bambino bianco (or close to the Superio) Thanks for the pics.

As for the images, try going to your gallery here, make a new album, and upload your pics to the album. (it will resize them, and you need to have your originals under 2mb) Then you can embed the images easily here with the [ img ] tag.

See here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/94165-Crinklz-pictures?p=1293687#post1293687
 
bambinod said:
The tabs work ok for me as long as I don't try to move them. Make sure you don't "contaminate" them, avoid touching the exposed adhesive with your fingers, and don't let any lotion or powder get on the front panel. (it's easy to transfer baby lotion to the panel by accident if it gets on your hands and then you handle the diaper before taping it on)

For some reason I was thinking the S.Ex were black diapers, I see now only the package is black, and the diaper is all-white like the bambino bianco (or close to the Superio) Thanks for the pics.

As for the images, try going to your gallery here, make a new album, and upload your pics to the album. (it will resize them, and you need to have your originals under 2mb) Then you can embed the images easily here with the [ img ] tag.

See here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/94165-Crinklz-pictures?p=1293687#post1293687

More's the pity that they're not black. That would make them a clear stand-out. I knew they were white when I ordered, so I'm not disappointed on that score but I think it would be interesting. I'm looking forward to trying them out.
 
Trevor said:
More's the pity that they're not black. That would make them a clear stand-out. I've got some on order nonetheless and look forward to trying them out.

Fabine did one run of them, they sold out pretty fast. Can you imagine that, black fabines? heh...
 
bambinod said:
Fabine did one run of them, they sold out pretty fast. Can you imagine that, black fabines? heh...

I remember. That was the first time they had really come to my attention and I didn't realize they cycled through different covers with frequency or I might have been more willing to try them then and there for the novelty. I was sorry to see them sell out and not be replaced.
 
I find the idea of black disposable diapers fairly humorous. The comparison to makeshifts is just too tempting. It's like--in Galaxy Quest, when the aliens mistake a TV show for a documentary, and pattern a real spaceship after a made-up one. Except, in this case, the aliens saw a poor, teenage DL wearing a bath towel with a garbage bag over it.
 
Cottontail said:
I find the idea of black disposable diapers fairly humorous. The comparison to makeshifts is just too tempting. It's like--in Galaxy Quest, when the aliens mistake a TV show for a documentary, and pattern a real spaceship after a made-up one. Except, in this case, the aliens saw a poor, teenage DL wearing a bath towel with a garbage bag over it.

I like the idea even though I never did makeshifts like that. The novelty appeals to me.
 
The thing is that i dont use powder, lotion or anything and i always take care to make sure i dont get my fingers on the sticky part. I am at this point 90% sure that its the landing zone material because i took the taps from the overnights stuck em on a waddle and tested the resistance then did the same test only w waddler tapes on the over night and what do ya know, not nearly as much resistance. So i can conclude its not the tapes themselves but rather the landing zone... it seems the landing zone isnt as smooth as on the waddlers if that makes sense.

bambinod said:
The tabs work ok for me as long as I don't try to move them. Make sure you don't "contaminate" them, avoid touching the exposed adhesive with your fingers, and don't let any lotion or powder get on the front panel. (it's easy to transfer baby lotion to the panel by accident if it gets on your hands and then you handle the diaper before taping it on)

For some reason I was thinking the S.Ex were black diapers, I see now only the package is black, and the diaper is all-white like the bambino bianco (or close to the Superio) Thanks for the pics.

As for the images, try going to your gallery here, make a new album, and upload your pics to the album. (it will resize them, and you need to have your originals under 2mb) Then you can embed the images easily here with the [ img ] tag.

See here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/94165-Crinklz-pictures?p=1293687#post1293687
 
The tape panel on the overnights IS different, it's textured, and that reduces the hold quite a bit. The original waddler tape panel was a smooth, harder plastic and those really work well for tape panels. (tapes stick really well to them, but they're really hard to tear so the tapes generally can be pulled off to move) The original's tape panel isn't as thick as some other brands (bambino for example uses a really thick tape panel) but it's pretty good.

The only problem I've had with the overnights is if I try to move a tape, it has to be duct taped down because it's very likely to pop after it's moved.
 
I'm mixed on these. They look great, they fit well, the packaging is awesome (my packaging fetish is almost as strong as my diaper one), but it leaked on me laying down when it shouldn't have been anywhere near capacity. It felt like the wetness that permeated one of the front wings just kept trickling out into the no-padding zone.

Now, it was the first one out of the pack, so maybe the positioning wasn't quite right, but I'll be staying with North Shore Supremes at night and have these for the daytime. The GF is super okay with my diapers, but has very low tolerance for leaks in bed.

The tapes seemed to hold through the night, except for the one that was repositioned, but after reading about other peoples' troubles I had gone straight to the old Dry 24/7 trick of rubbing the newly positioned tape until it got warm so that it sticks the best that it can.

Fantastic look, though. I'm not AB and I still love the prints.
 
Tungsten said:
but it leaked on me laying down when it shouldn't have been anywhere near capacity. It felt like the wetness that permeated one of the front wings just kept trickling out into the no-padding zone.

that's weird... you were on your back, and pointed down? How did you manage to get your front wings wet? You have to leave a little clearance in the crotch for drainage, maybe you had them pulled up too snug down below, with a "W" instead of a "V" shape to the paddinng in the crotch? That's all kinds of bad news for high-sap diapers that are going to swell when wet.
 
Yeah. I agree you need to be aware the tapes are the only problem. Very cute and comfy. Is it me or do the leggings feel kind of "waxy" ?
 
BabyBride said:
Is it me or do the leggings feel kind of "waxy" ?

Not entirely sure myself, the shell material appears to be identical (same mil thickness anyway) but it does seem to have a slightly different feel. More elastic in the legs maybe? I haven't compared it with the regular waddler there.
 
bambinod said:
that's weird... you were on your back, and pointed down? How did you manage to get your front wings wet? You have to leave a little clearance in the crotch for drainage, maybe you had them pulled up too snug down below, with a "W" instead of a "V" shape to the paddinng in the crotch? That's all kinds of bad news for high-sap diapers that are going to swell when wet.

On my back yes, pointing, well, it was 5am and I was still half asleep, so I suppose I don't know where things ended up after sleeping all night.

It was strange, because I felt wetness moving at the bottom, but then it leaked from the top.
 
Well my update on these glad i did not go over board and buy a case. Why why why do i expect all diapers to act like the bellissimo lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top