Crinklz pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre-ordered a couple cases of Crinklz and they arrived this week. They are thicker and heavier than Bellissimos, weighing in at 210g each (compare to 195g for my latest batch of Bellissimo). Both are size medium.

I think part of the cost of Crinklz is the fact that they are imported from Europe to Canada (Rearz), then shipped again to the U.S. Rates of currency conversion, shipping, it all adds up.

Crinklz is based on Comficare (a newer diaper, from Germany). I have used Comficare too, and they are functionally identical to Crinklz. It is also very expensive to buy Comficare in the U.S.; Rearz is the only redistributer I know of in North America that will ship to the U.S. The only other option is getting them directly from Europe in smaller quantities than what Rearz can import, which is even less cost effective when it comes to shipping.

FWIW, I purchased 2 cases of Crinklz (60 diapers) from Rearz, paid $204.82 including shipping, for a final cost of $3.41/diaper. Pricey to be sure, when the somewhat lesser-performing (but still excellent) Bellissimo can be had for $1.95/diaper.

However, Crinklz is a niche product, high quality, and adorable. If the price is too steep, don't buy, but don't bash the company or product--especially without trying it. Also, after test running these diapers--the prints do NOT smudge or rub off. Top quality, all around.

I was just trying to link someone in chat to them but all the product links to Crinklz are 404'ing on me, and they're not listed under disposable products anymore. The only place Crinklz are showing up right now is in their "variety case". I hadn't seen that before - and several of their other pages are being weird and not filling in images etc. I assume they're doing a web page update today and the Crinklz are just being shuffled around a bit.

Or they got bombarded with orders and are about out of their first shipment and had to remove the order links to save their remaining inventory for mixed cases...

They sold out a few days ago(one week). Will restock in July.

The offical web site is up though! http://www.crinklz.com/

bambinod said:
Well startups are expensive. Money doesn't fall from the sky. It's the early adopters that float a company long enough to get off the ground, and then prices can come down. But if nobody is willing to help them get started, they will fail, and then you will never have the opportunity later.

I'm not berating you for your choice, if you can't afford it that's ok, but it's important for the others that can afford it to realize that everyone is depending on them. So support them if you can, so we can all enjoy them later when they are a success. :)

I think that this is just such an awesome thing they're doing, that they're worthy of our strong support. (these and Snuggies, support them instead if Cuddlz is a little too much for you right now)

Exactly this. No one can expect a budding company to be able to mass produce a product like this for dirt cheap right from the get go, the initial start-up hurts the most for sure. The price currently sucks a bit, yes I agree! But this is a VERY quality product from another company who finally understands us! I'm willing to pay/share the expensive start up costs to help support a company who wants to offer us a VERY long overdue cute product. I long for the day products like these are available just from your local medical supply store (I wish)!

I've shown my support to Thrust Vector, and have made a large purchase C: Keep the momentum going!

I posted a few pictures modeling and comparing these diapers to other diapers.

https://twitter.com/AitoKitsune/status/599018810121723906

https://twitter.com/AitoKitsune/status/599057188330450947

Last edited:
Crinklz has my vote! I do like the Snuggies look but I personally find them too thin, and the plastic backing seems to stretch and tear easily :/ I'm sure the Snuggies team is working on addressing those issue for future runs.The overnights will fix the thickness issues for sure :p

Don't you just love how many products are popping up for us to chose from these days? Bambino has been quiet for some time...I wonder if they are up to something!

However You wont be disappointed with the Crinklz C:

Last edited:
Happy to hear that they sold out and that people are buying them as I do really like the look of these diapers and want to try them sometime. I just wish I wasn't so damn poor so I could buy these.

There was a (lively) discussion in the chat the other night concerning this, and I thought I'd share some of what was debated.

The biggest issue that came up was essentially "Crinklz are too expensive, and they're never going to come down in price, so I'm never going to buy them. They're the only furry diaper available so they have no reason to stop gouging on price, they're going to keep it at $3 forever".

I expect we will see Crinklz come down in price fairly soon. My bet was a 15-25% price drop within a year. Every startup has loans and investors to pay back, and the first shipment needs to be a success to start the loan paydown and to boost investor confidence, in addition to paying for the actual startup costs and several months of operations and payroll. Every product is going to have a "sweet spot" price, where dropping the price increases the sales or raising the price increases margin, but sales x price ends up falling as a result. Right now they're significantly above that point. This isn't just necessary because they're a startup. The reason is they have a limited inventory. Their first production run probably cost them everything they could afford to invest. If they could have bought more product for the first run, they would have, and they would have been able to sell at a lower price, and end up netting more money. But the inventory wasn't a bottomless pit, and so they set the price higher to start with to make the most out of their limited inventory. They're hoping for the "early adpoters" to help them get more sales at the higher price for right now, so they can roll that money back into the business and pick up some inertia.

I heard that their first run sold out in a week. (they are already very low on stock, check their site, Crinklz were removed from the product page and are now only available as part of the variety cases) So that's very good news for us. It means they got all the "round 1" return they were aiming for, very quickly, and can jump right into the next order. This saves them money because they don't have to sit around waiting for the first shipment to sell, while they pay rent and payaroll. I'm sure the next order has already been placed, it may even be in production as I type this. The nice thing about selling a disposable product is the demand remains constant. It's impossible to sell someone another toaster who already bought your toaster a month ago. This first shipment had to fill a lot of backorders, in addition to the current "mobbing" they got when they were announced last week. (and with so little advertising too!) Hopefully the next order will be larger, and they can start looking at dropping price, moving closer to that "sweet spot". This means more profit for them, and lower prices for us, at the same time. They weren't able to do this on the first order because of the limited inventory, but soon they will be able to. With more inventory on-hand, they'd be stupid to keep the price at $3/pc because it would keep the sales below optimal. (if you can sell 3 melons at $2/pc, or 10 melons at $1/pc, it's easy to see how it'd be stupid to keep your price at $2)

If anyone is still doubting this, look at Snuggies, those are the perfect example. Their initial order sold out fast too (not AS fast, but fast) and they are already introducing two new products, and lowering the price (considerably) on their original Waddlers. This is exactly what we all like to see! More products, in stock, at lower prices. Everyone wins. I hope Cuddlz is on the exact same path. Support them if you can.

Crinklz is not a start up, they are not owned by Rearz. The same company that makes ComfyCare is making Crinklz. Crinklz is by all means owned by a large diaper company. This means that they probably will not understand the community in the same respect as Bambino. They come out with something good, cute and then make a few changes here and there but generally that is it. The reason the price is so high in Canada is probably more to do with the volume or lack of volume Rears is or can buy at any one time. A retailer can charge whatever they want much like a company selling to a retailer can charge whatever they want to them. Usually when you sell to a company who is going to resell you sell it to them on a tiered scale. If you buy 1 this is the price, if you buy 100 this is the price. If you can not afford to buy in large volume you end up paying higher for the product for lower quantities, thus the price is marked up higher.

Snuggies didn't sell out, not sure why you thought that. There is still original Waddlers left, that is why the price was dropped. But I do not think Rearz bought multiple 40HW containers of each size, so selling out is relative. If I bring 10 in and sell out but another person brought in 10,000 and didn't sell out, they probably sold just as fast just had WAY more to sell to begin with.

The price for Crinklz in Europe is much, much lower (I'm paying about $1.88/diaper for a case, before shipping) - so I'm inclined to think the additional cost is coming from Rearz importing them, etc. rather than the manufacturers themselves raising the price. It's really interesting how we've seen barely anything about these diapers as a European product, when they really are. USA ABDLs are having to pay a premium for these because they are imported, yes, but the diapers themselves are really not that expensive for a premium product.

Ordered some today! *jumps up and down exitedly* can confirm they are much cheaper in europe, I hope they become cheaper for everyone else soon too!

todaler said:
Crinklz is not a start up, they are not owned by Rearz.

I think you misunderstood several things in my post, you (or I?) got waddlers and Crinklz confused. ie Crinklz sold out in a week, not Snuggies.

The gallery is working again and I've uploaded my pics of the Crinklz. Includes shots of all the characers, and all the major angles of the diaper.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1707

Testing my inline-image bbcode-foo...

Bag:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

First Impressions:

attachment.php

(that absolutely pins my "cute looking diapers" meter)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Chacters:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Outside Features:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

(wetness indicator: look closely and you'll see a light yellow horizontal band just left of Leah's face)

attachment.php

(the tape panel's art (on transparent backing) makes a mess when it overlays the art on the shell)

Inside Features:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Refolded:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have never been to a AB/DL store front. I called the other day and they are open M-F, so I thing I am going to take short trip to see the place for my self. Has anyone been there?

FWIW I tried to remove the tape panel to see if the artwork looked better. Bad idea. The heat gun worked but left the adhesive behind, and I ended up having to cover the front with packing tape because it was super sticky. It's see-through now though...

Hi there
Love the look of these, Ive been using Comficare for quite a while now and know these are made by the same team, but is it basically the same nappy/diaper or are the materials different i.e is it slightly thicker/thiner or noisier/quieter?

I can confirm that these are awesome! I've had the chance to wear a couple over the past 2 nights and they look, feel and sound great!

we should hand out awards for "best new *b*/d* diaper of the year". Crinklz would get my vote. (Waddler Overnights would get runner-up)

Bambinod, there are still several months left in the year. Let's wait and see if we get anything else before we crown a "Diaper of the Year".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back