Help me through my first ever diaper experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started wearing at age 3. I basically refused to ever give them up. I am a woman, aged 41 now. I was tortured by family to try to get me stop the "diaper dillema". My dad gave me a diaper filled with dog poop and asked me if I like it. I thought my dad was so stupid, what in the world would I want with a diaper filled with disgusting dog poop? We never did connect on that one. Later, when I was 15 yrs old, my mom dug through the outside trash and found used diapers. They were Attends. This was before the explosion of ABDL culture. Now I wear exclusively Bambinos or Cushies. Only babyish adult diapers. I am telling my psychiatrist this week about my fetish. I am so curious to see what she will say. New to diapers? I have been in diapers forever although I am starting to lose interest whic is what I want to talk to my psychiatrist about. I have a huge bin right now filled with fresh diapers, baby powder, wet wipes (baby scented of course). Have fun.

EmanResu said:
Ok, i guess as long as no smell goes through any bag would work.

You're right, any plastic bag will work. Just make sure the bag does not have a hole in it. When I get groceries, sometimes the items will put a small hole in the plastic bag. This will allow the smell to escape.

Also dispose of the bag as soon as possible. Eventually, the smell WILL get through the plastic.

jkpullup said:
while you have the chance shower n them. Its just an idea!

That is a fun thing to do, If you do have the chance try it but make sure you get out before the SAP starts to swell too much

bowlduck said:
if you do have the chance try it but make sure you get out before the sap starts to swell too much

sap?

Super absorbent polymer. Its they crystals that suck up mousture. The other component is the pulp or fluffy part, mosty for quicker absorbing.

EmanResu said:

Super Absorbent Polymer. It's what soaks up the liquid, swelling to many times its dry size in the process. The most common polymer used is Sodium Polyacrylate.

Shower in a premium, SAP-heavy nappy, and within a couple of minutes, you'll feel as though you have a beach ball between your legs. And disposing of something so utterly saturated is a bit awkward. You'll probably need a bucket.

make sure you have a fine hair trap/strainer in your drain or you are in for a plumbing nightmare

Ok, thanks Mattymax and Akastus. I wore my first diaper (Tena slip maxi) a couple hours ago! The package arrived this morning, but i wasnt going to pick it up until my dad had left for his vacation. As i was running an errand, he called and said that he won't be home until the evening, so i came up with a place to hide the diapers and picked them up on the way home. Opening the box and seeing the diapers almost felt a bit unreal, haha. Like i said before, i had only seen pics and videos of them before, and i've had an urge to wear them for about 4 years. I have a closet in my room that leaves only an inch of space to the roof, so i slid most of the diapers between there. Perfect hiding spot! I put the rest of them as far in as possible on the highest shelf in the closet, and some stuff in front of them. I would be very suprised if my dad ever saw them, since he's shorter than me:cool: It was way harder to put the diaper on than i'd thought. I put it on a bit off-centre but it worked fine. Even though i thought it would be thicker (I've got the M4s for that though:) ), it felt reeally good:) It was a bit tight in the crotch, but it wasnt a problem. When i had just put it on i remembered that i had an appointment in 2 hours:( So i drank 3 large glasses of water and went out for a walk. I wet it ''almost'' 3 times, but it could still easily have taken one more. I was suprised at how much thicker it got when it was wet, but the feeling of a wet diaper was just as wonderful as i'd imagined:) I can't wait to try the other diapers, as well as the booster pads. The Tena went up to an inch below my navel, but i think that the padding in the front and rear was quite small. Is that just the way those diapers are, or would you recommend going up a size? It held a good amount, but i would still like the padding to go a bit higher in the front and wider in the back. It's a shame that i forgot my appointment, but i'm still very happy.

Putting on a nappy correctly does take a surprising amount of practise. I went through most of a two-dozen pack before I really got it right.

An inch below your navel is a little on the small side, but it can be difficult to choose when you're borderline between sizes.

And yes, the Tena Maxi does swell. A lot. It's why I like them. They're pretty SAP-heavy, compared to Abena, which have more fluff, and thus start out thicker, but don't swell as much. But if you think the Tena swells, you should see the Snuggies Waddler Overnight! :worshippy:

Glad that you're enjoying yourself! Just make sure that if you try sleeping in a nappy, you start out nearly dry, and make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to launder your sheets before your dad gets back. Just in case.

Last edited:
Akastus said:
An inch below your navel is a little on the small side, but it can be difficult to choose when you're borderline between sizes.

And yes, the Tena Maxi does swell. A lot. It's why I like them. They're pretty SAP-heavy, compared to Abena, which have more fluff, and thus start out thicker, but don't swell as much. But if you think the Tena swells, you should see the Snuggies Waddler Overnight! ��

Ok, i'll try a couple of large Tenas next time im order then:thumbsup: I didnt know diapers swell differently, good to know.

Exciting! Im glad you found a good hiding spot. Make sure your disposal is stealth too! You probably rather dad find a clean diaper than a dirty one! As for applying the brief, i like doing both bottom tabs first. Make sure its centered (Dont trust the center strips on Abena, sometimes they are off center) then do the top two tabs. Like Akastus said, it does take a lot of practice. Tight but not too tight.

EmanResu said:
Ok, i'll try a couple of large Tenas next time im order then:thumbsup: I didnt know diapers swell differently, good to know.

What's your waist size anyway? As an example, I'm currently wearing a medium Snuggies Waddler Overnight, which are known to run a little small, and I'm a 32" waist - yet the waistband just covers my navel when I'm standing. However, the last two inches of this particular nappy, front and back, are just elasticated plastic - the pad finishes lower down.

Different nappies have different designs. SAP absorbs far more liquid than fluff (cellulose fibres), but it doesn't distribute (wick) liquid as well, so there's a trade-off between absolute capacity and speed of absorption, which is critical to minimising leaks. Most premium nappies use "channels" of fluff to distribute fluid throughout the nappy, where the surrounding SAP absorbs it. The exact balance between fluff and SAP depends on the design, and which is best for you depends on your wetting behaviour. If you wet heavily, but infrequently, then speed of absorption is more important, so a higher level of fluff is required. If, on the other hand, you wet lightly, but often, then capacity matters more, so a SAP-heavy design is better.

Nappies are serious business. :graduate:

Last edited:
MattyMax said:
Make sure your disposal is stealth too! You probably rather dad find a clean diaper than a dirty one! As for applying the brief, i like doing both bottom tabs first.

Yes, it's easy to forget to make up a plan for disposal... I have some experience with that though, since i've wet my pants (on purpose) several times in the last couple of years. I've often wet pants that didnt fit me anymore anyways, and then thrown them away. I did actually do the bottom ones first, then the top ones. I wasnt sure if the tabs were refastenable, if i knew they were i would have gotten a better fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Akastus said:
What's your waist size anyway? Different nappies have different designs. SAP absorbs far more liquid than fluff (cellulose fibres), but it doesn't distribute (wick) liquid as well, so there's a trade-off between absolute capacity and speed of absorption, which is critical to minimising leaks. Most premium nappies use "channels" of fluff to distribute fluid throughout the nappy, where the surrounding SAP absorbs it. The exact balance between fluff and SAP depends on the design, and which is best for you depends on your wetting behaviour. If you wet heavily, but infrequently, then speed of absorption is more important, so a higher level of fluff is required. If, on the other hand, you wet lightly, but often, then capacity matters more, so a SAP-heavy design is better.

Nappies are serious business. :graduate:

I dont remember my waist size, i'll check tomorrow. Oh my god, you really know your diapers haha. Very useful information though. I like to wet alot at once so i can really feel the diaper swell and get warm. So if i want to flood my diaper right when i wake up (i ALWAYS have to pee when i wake up), the Abena M4 would be better since it's got more fluff? I did feel that i made a little pool in the Tena when i wet it quite fast, and it got me thinking that if i would do that while driving, i could easily have leaked? Hard to judge for you since you dont know exactly how i wet, but can you generally flood a diaper while sitting down without it leaking?

EmanResu said:
So if i want to flood my diaper right when i wake up (i ALWAYS have to pee when i wake up), the Abena M4 would be better since it's got more fluff? I did feel that i made a little pool in the Tena when i wet it quite fast, and it got me thinking that if i would do that while driving, i could easily have leaked? Hard to judge for you since you dont know exactly how i wet, but can you generally flood a diaper while sitting down without it leaking?

You probably would be better off in the M4, if that is your wetting "style". As for flooding without leaking... a decent premium nappy should cope with this, but it's only certain from dry or nearly-dry. If you've flooded it once already, then things become more dicey. Even with the best nappies, you may find some minor leakage via "sweating" (fluid pressed through the skin of the nappy). The only products that are immune to this are those with extraordinary absorbency and thick plastic, like the Rearz Spoiled, Comficare and the ABU Space.

Recommend baby oil.. If your getting a little excited and start humping (that's if you do), makes it slippery and NICE! Stops friction and protects your willy from excess rubbing and damage..

Other tips I use is getting hair removal cream (be careful make sure you get sentistive skin, READ instructions) it will get rid of all your pubes and make the feel even better..

Last of all have fun!!

Akastus said:
Even with the best nappies, you may find some minor leakage via "sweating" (fluid pressed through the skin of the nappy). The only products that are immune to this are those with extraordinary absorbency and thick plastic, like the Rearz Spoiled, Comficare and the ABU Space.

Measuring just under the top of the hip bone (?), i'm 32,5 inches. Measuring at my navel i'm almost 34 (my stomach is a bit swollen lol). So i guess my waist is 33 inches. Yup, i experienced sweating today. I couldnt resist wearing a Tena today as well, this time i wore it for almost 5 hours. I picked up my brother at daycare (he's only 3) in a soaking wet diaper, it was quite fun:) I wore a long jacket so no one could see the bulge. While at daycare i wet some more, it was super wet. Once i got home and took it off, i noticed that my fingers got wet when i ran them along the bottom of the diaper... I'm suprised that this happens, but i guess youre not supposed to wet that much. I'm glad i thought of tightening the tapes as it got really wet, it was SO saggy before i did that, and it was so much more comfortable when i got the diaper closer to my body.

- - - Updated - - -

SnugglePants said:
Recommend baby oil.. If your getting a little excited and start humping (that's if you do), makes it slippery and NICE! Stops friction and protects your willy from excess rubbing and damage..

Other tips I use is getting hair removal cream (be careful make sure you get sentistive skin, READ instructions) it will get rid of all your pubes and make the feel even better..

Last of all have fun!!

Thanks for the tips, but i'd rather just use a cream and shave:thumbsup:

Bodystockings - adult-sized onesies - are an effective way of dealing with sagging nappies. Alternatively, wearing soft cotton boxers over the nappy will support it to some degree, and absorb the "sweat".

But don't push the nappy to its limit when out of the house - a leak would be very difficult to explain. Especially to a three-year-old.

Akastus said:
Bodystockings - adult-sized onesies - are an effective way of dealing with sagging nappies. Alternatively, wearing soft cotton boxers over the nappy will support it to some degree, and absorb the "sweat".

But don't push the nappy to its limit when out of the house - a leak would be very difficult to explain. Especially to a three-year-old.

I'll check those out:thumbsup: I just like the idea of wearing only diapers as a replacement for regular underwear, but it is a bit annoying to have to pull it up all the time. Maybe i was pushing it a bit too far, but it would be a small leak on dark jeans so i think it would be hard to notice. Little kids can sometimes understand far more than you think though.
I noticed that you can order powder and baby oil from the site where i ordered the diapers. Would i be fine with just the oil, or does a cream work very differently? Any disadvantages to powder?
Thankyou everyone who has replied for taking your time!

I cant believe this sh*t. About a month ago, my dad went on vacation for a week. As i was going to be home alone, i looked for a website that could send diapers discretely and with fast shipping, and i found one (i was super excited that i would finally be able to try diapers). As i had placed my order, i saw a message on the site saying that the guy who runs the site was going on vacation the same week as my dad, and therefore couldnt ship packages until he came back... This was of course pretty damn annoying and irritating, as he very rarely leaves the country without me. Later my dad told me that he was going away for a week again in a couple weeks, so i thought i would just have my diaper fun that week instead (thats the week this thread is about). So i ordered diapers, picked them up and hid them, and started the long wait for him to leave. The day before he was going to leave, my dad tells me that his friend who was going with him suddenly got sick, so now he wont be able to go (MAYBE in about a month or two). I dont think i've ever been this unlucky tbh. I can still wear for short periods of time, but its obviously not even half as awesome as being able to wear almost every night and day for a week, without having to worry about anyone coming home etc. I just wanted you to know why i havent been giving an update on the situation. General diaper tips are still welcome of course:thumbsup:

EmanResu said:

If you get a diaper that swells a lot, you'll need to put on the lower tapes looser so there's room to expand when you wet it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back