Who is able to transition between bedwetting and being dry?

PetPuppyAlex said:
I have untrained to the point of bedwetting, but I am yet to have an accident on the very rare un-diapered night. When I am diapered, as per usual, I wake up wet. Not only have night-time accidents and waking up to some seriously full diapers at 4am because I wet in my sleep so much become a thing, but I am wetting my diaper during the day and not realizing it sometimes. But when I'm not diapered, it seems, control resumes. Or, at least, I've never had to go.. I dunno!
Being able to wet only when diapered was my goal. I am still having a hard time getting trained back to dry nights when I don't want to wear. Over the past 5 days, I wore diapers and took steps to have accidents and did have accidents. The other 3 nights I did not wear and wanted to just wake up dry; but, I was wet all 3 times. So, that is 5 out of the last 5 nights I wet.

• Wow
Reactions: chamberpot and SecrertSissy
Wow, make it 6 of 6 nights waking up wet. I had a protein shake late in the evening and so this time I wore a Goodnite. I didn't listen to the subliminal bedwetting sounds, but I did listen to plain ocean sleep sounds. I woke up to a soaked Goodnite. I had previously found 1 package of the new XL Goodnites. I can't find another package and with this frequent wetting, I am needing more Goodnites badly. I really don't like things like Depends or plain white diapers because that just seems like a true bedwetting adult.

Reactions: chamberpot
Seems your drive to bed wet is stronger than desire to sometimes not. Accept it, diaper up, and move on. Now 7 of 7?

Josh24 said:
I really don't like things like Depends or plain white diapers because that just seems like a true bedwetting adult.
LOL- News flash. The genie granted your wish. You ARE a bedwetting adult. If you don't want to be, i would stop now before its too late. In fact with 6 nights in a row, it probably is too late.

Last edited:
You're in worse condition than I am, friend. You did it—you're a bedwetter. The reason trying to make it happen is a bad idea is playing out with you.

You can attempt to re-train, but even if you pull it off, it will take months. That's IF you even can.

You might want to start buying better diapers for night wear. This is your life now.

WBxx said:
Seems your drive to bed wet is stronger than desire to sometimes not. Accept it, diaper up, and move on. Now 7 of 7?
Yes, it is now 7 of 7; but, I was wanting to wake to a full goodnite and so I had some subliminal/hypnosis files playing. Sometimes my drive to bedwet is stronger. But I don't want to be a bedwetter all nights.

iampadded said:
LOL- News flash. The genie granted your wish. You ARE a bedwetting adult. If you don't want to be, i would stop now before its too late. In fact with 6 nights in a row, it probably is too late.
I can't lie, maybe "I am a bedwetter" now. It is just really hard to say that. I will try to stay dry tonight.

OmiOMy said:
You're in worse condition than I am, friend. You did it—you're a bedwetter. The reason trying to make it happen is a bad idea is playing out with you.

You can attempt to re-train, but even if you pull it off, it will take months. That's IF you even can.

You might want to start buying better diapers for night wear. This is your life now.
OK - I am going to re-train. It just can't be that hard. I was potty trained by 2 and NEVER wet the bed after that. Do you think the Abena M4 is a "better diaper"?

Josh24 said:
OK - I am going to re-train. It just can't be that hard. I was potty trained by 2 and NEVER wet the bed after that. Do you think the Abena M4 is a "better diaper"?
Unfortunately, I know nothing about disposables. I've heard it's pretty good.

My experience is with cloth—contour pocket diapers to be specific.

Josh24 said:
Its a great diaper-If you can still fit into a goodnite without it leaking everywhere, I think an "M" may be a bit large. Maybe the S4

Josh24 said:

Hope fully you can retrain your self but unfortunately nocturnal issues are the hardest to stop and may not be possible to 100% dry nights retraining your brain and body as an adult takes longer then when you were 2. Be prepared for the possibility you are now a bedwetter for real and it may be permanent

Rob110 said:
Hope fully you can retrain your self but unfortunately nocturnal issues are the hardest to stop and may not be possible to 100% dry nights retraining your brain and body as an adult takes longer then when you were 2. Be prepared for the possibility you are now a bedwetter for real and it may be permanent
I did retrain about a year ago after doing a lot of 24/7 from Nov 2019 to Jan 2020. It took a while. I really want to be like some I have heard about that seem to wet only when they wear a diaper, not like an actual bedwetter. I was wet last night because I took steps to have a wet night. Now the tricky part is that the next 2 nights I will be sleeping in a different bed for the holiday weekend and I definitely can't wet the bed. Looks like I may be stuck sneaking on a Goodnite both nights in case i wet, like a bedwetter.

Reactions: wettingagain and chamberpot
Josh24 said:
I did retrain about a year ago after doing a lot of 24/7 from Nov 2019 to Jan 2020. It took a while. I really want to be like some I have heard about that seem to wet only when they wear a diaper, not like an actual bedwetter. I was wet last night because I took steps to have a wet night. Now the tricky part is that the next 2 nights I will be sleeping in a different bed for the holiday weekend and I definitely can't wet the bed. Looks like I may be stuck sneaking on a Goodnite both nights in case i wet, like a bedwetter.
We will be sitting on pins and needles waiting for your report. My money says you wake up wet.

iampadded said:
We will be sitting on pins and needles waiting for your report. My money says you wake up wet.
I'll take five of that

Josh24 said:
I wish you well. Good Luck, keep us posted. I've never been a bedwetter, and like you potty trained very very young. However; I'm really enjoying wetting my diaper in bed and would like to do it all the time; but If I do it all the time, I fear I will wet without a diaper and eventually become a bedwetter. I'm encouraged that you were able to retrain yourself a year ago.

CuteFantasy said:
this is kind of what i do. when i wear, i pee in bed pretty automatically, even though it does still wake me up most of the time. when im not wearing, its not the same. i peed the bed just a little bit a few months ago bceause i thought i was wearing but it wasnt that bad. over all, i prefer sleeping while wearing. going to bed and waking up is just a cozier thing in general, and relieving yourself while laying in bed is just sooo nice.
It is very soothing to wear at night. and I love "relieving myself" in bed, it's wonderful. Don't have to fully wake up and use the toilet- it's very nice.

iampadded said:
Argh, you win. I needed to stay dry since I am sleeping in a different bed for the weekend, but I still wet my Goodnite. I avoided fluids. Tonight I will set my phone alarm to wake me up after a few hours so I can use the toilet.

I have never been reliably dry at night, so transitioning to dry is impossible. :(

• Sad
Reactions: wettingagain
Josh24 said:
Argh, you win. I needed to stay dry since I am sleeping in a different bed for the weekend, but I still wet my Goodnite. I avoided fluids. Tonight I will set my phone alarm to wake me up after a few hours so I can use the toilet.
Avoiding fluids actually can make it worse, take it from me. It'll also result in more concentrated pee, which stains, smells worse, and sometimes just plain hurts.

Josh24 said:
I’m surprised a Goodnite alone will contain all your adult output so you won’t get the sheets wet. Don’t you find the rise too low?

Reactions: DLnerd2004
Back