Who is able to transition between bedwetting and being dry?

iampadded said:
I’m surprised a Goodnite alone will contain all your adult output so you won’t get the sheets wet. Don’t you find the rise too low?
That is a problem sometimes. The nee XLs help. I have also found that a snug Goodnite can hold a lot because they will fill all the way from the front to back.

BTY, I stayed dry last night.

Reactions: wettingagain
Josh24 said:
That’s great … really is. If you don’t mind, how many times did you get up for the bathroom?

Josh24 said:
And what different thing did you do that would produce that result?

WBxx said:
That’s great … really is. If you don’t mind, how many times did you get up for the bathroom?
I got up 3 times, I did have a very small amount of moisture.

iampadded said:
And what different thing did you do that would produce that result?
Not much different

Training to be dry is more than a several nights / weeks process IMO. When I was about 9, my accidents at night dissipated enough to maybe only 1 or 2 times a week (I think?). I recall trying to go to bed with only my training underwear on and no plastic underpants (my logic was maybe my plastic underpants made it too easy for me to wet myself at night instead of holding it or waking up) and sometimes I would make it several nights OK, then have multi nights of wet pjs and I would put on my plastic underpants again. A few times I recall partially waking up and my mother was checking beneath my plastic underpants to see if if I was wet before they went to bed (about 3 hours after my bed time). I asked my mom about this at one point and she said that I used to be wet sometimes even after only going to sleep for a few hours, but as I became older, if I did wake up to being fully wet in my plastic underpants, it seemed to only happen well after my parents went to bed. My mom said that was a good sign as the doctor thought that was my body on its way to becoming drier longer at night without having an accident while I slept.

I remember being somewhat dejected when I was about 10 and still occasionally wetting myself at night and still wearing plastic underpants but my mom was always supportive and just told me "some young boys take longer than others to be totally over bed wetting and it will happen at some point for you too".

If I did not have an accident for about a week I would try again to wear only my training underwear. Sometimes success was not being totally dry but maybe only a base ball size wet spot on my trainers early in the morning. It basically took about 2 years to finally get to the full dry at nights goal when I was about 11 / 12. I think at some time around age 11 - 11.5 my plastic underpants were gone out of my underwear drawer but I still wore training underwear until age 12 / 13. The plastic mattress cover came off by age 12.

As an adult, do you think this process of reverse training can be much quicker?

Jockman - thanks for the description of what you went through to have dry nights. Since I was fully potty trained and never had an accident after 2, I probably don't appreciate the difficult times others went through. I am now learning the frustration others did go through when they were trying to get over bedwetting. I can see where this training to get back to dry nights may take a while, especially since I still like some nights of on purpose wetting.

I used to be able to drink a lot and just go to sleep, like what you said, but I ended up having too much bladder control.

I often had wetting problems, on prescriptions, which I didn't mind nearly as much as I let on. I had other side effects, so I really wanted off of them.

My question to you is, do you think the hypnosis tapes really work? I'm told I'm very resistant to hypnosis but it'd be interesting to see if any licensed hypnotherapist has weighed in on the quality of these tapes.

Josh24 said:
Jockman - thanks for the description of what you went through to have dry nights. Since I was fully potty trained and never had an accident after 2, I probably don't appreciate the difficult times others went through. I am now learning the frustration others did go through when they were trying to get over bedwetting. I can see where this training to get back to dry nights may take a while, especially since I still like some nights of on purpose wetting.
You are definitely in a bit of a dilemma! Controlling your desired result of being not in control and wetting yourself at night. For me and 2 years of time it was about limiting nighttime fluids and getting a full night's sleep and wearing my protection so I did not have to worry about wet sheets. Over months my nighttime wetting began to slacken off for periods. However by age 12 /13 I was dry at night, but you do not necessarily want this. Hmmmmm, I do not see a final solution to have both worlds.

Maybe just wear your nighttime protection each night and if NE comes each time then be happy you can keep your bed and pjs dry. Maybe fall back that you can elicit full control of your daytime activities and not have an accident is the other half of this "win"?

ThatGuyFromThatThread said:
I used to be able to drink a lot and just go to sleep, like what you said, but I ended up having too much bladder control.

I often had wetting problems, on prescriptions, which I didn't mind nearly as much as I let on. I had other side effects, so I really wanted off of them.

My question to you is, do you think the hypnosis tapes really work? I'm told I'm very resistant to hypnosis but it'd be interesting to see if any licensed hypnotherapist has weighed in on the quality of these tapes.
I believe the hypnosis/subliminal tapes really work for me. I wet pretty close to 100% of the time when I listen to them while I sleep.

Reactions: ThatGuyFromThatThread
Update on goal to be able to control nighttime wetting: Since I was never a bedwetter after age 2, I thought I should be able to get back to totally dry nights. This past 6 weeks I have not taken any of the steps to bedwet, and instead have tried to stay dry by limiting fluids, listening to youtube files to help stop bedwetting, and even tried a bedwetting alarm. If I wear a diaper and don't limit fluids, I end up wetting it 30-40% of the time. If I drink nothing the last 3 hours before bedtime and don't wear a diaper, I still wet like 10% of the time. So, I am scared now to not wear at nights.

It sounds like it's more than just having worn diapers all the time. You might want to see a urologist and have some things checked out.

Josh24 said:
Update on goal to be able to control nighttime wetting: Since I was never a bedwetter after age 2, I thought I should be able to get back to totally dry nights. This past 6 weeks I have not taken any of the steps to bedwet, and instead have tried to stay dry by limiting fluids, listening to youtube files to help stop bedwetting, and even tried a bedwetting alarm. If I wear a diaper and don't limit fluids, I end up wetting it 30-40% of the time. If I drink nothing the last 3 hours before bedtime and don't wear a diaper, I still wet like 10% of the time. So, I am scared now to not wear at nights.
I’d be interested in how things have been going for you as far as your bedwetting? I’ve had a handful of random night time accidents, but never had multiple in a row. And didn’t seem to catch on much. Mostly they where after I had started training and then drank alcohol While out and ended up wetting in my sleep.
how Fast did you switch from a couple random wettings to more regular episodes?

I have gotten to where unplanned wetting is rare. I keep the planned wettings to once or twice a week.

What did you finally do to stop it? did the alarm work?
was it scary enough that you suggest turning back while it’s an occasional thing?
do you still wet unconsciously when you wear diapers.
was trying to decide if you found a way to only wet while diapered? Or if getting dry again out weight the possibility of getting stuck as a bed wetter?
ps I use to live in Utah for a while as well.

First, give me a little background on your situation and desires.

Reactions: fluffyprison
Josh24 said:
First, give me a little background on your situation and desires.
Ive been wearing at night about 80% of the time for years. Most of the time I wake up wet from choosing to go. It took me quite awhile to just learn to wet while lying down. I have that down pretty well now.
ive had very sporadic wettings that mostly involved alcohol, after lots of untraining first.

i would like to experience having it happen more often. I have wore and wet at nights for years now. I did try to maintain some of the first years by fully waking up before wetting. But after doing it this long i feel comfortable excepting it fully into my life.

some nights I wake up and wet easily and some times it can still be tricky and I can get locked up. I’m diaper trained enough that the minute my diaper is taped on I get an urge to go while laying down.

I have used some hypnosis including babypants bedwetting file. And a bedwetting conditioning file a Well.
just want to experience what you did. It sounded very excited and really got me more motivated to make it happen this time.
I could use more info on how you first started to have true accidents. How long till you had multiple in a week or in a month.
one post made it sound like you went 6 weeks strait wetting at the beginning, before you attemptEd to stop or slow it down. Is that correct?

fluffyprison said:
Ive been wearing at night about 80% of the time for years. Most of the time I wake up wet from choosing to go. It took me quite awhile to just learn to wet while lying down. I have that down pretty well now.
ive had very sporadic wettings that mostly involved alcohol, after lots of untraining first.

i would like to experience having it happen more often. I have wore and wet at nights for years now. I did try to maintain some of the first years by fully waking up before wetting. But after doing it this long i feel comfortable excepting it fully into my life.

some nights I wake up and wet easily and some times it can still be tricky and I can get locked up. I’m diaper trained enough that the minute my diaper is taped on I get an urge to go while laying down.

I have used some hypnosis including babypants bedwetting file. And a bedwetting conditioning file a Well.
just want to experience what you did. It sounded very excited and really got me more motivated to make it happen this time.
I could use more info on how you first started to have true accidents. How long till you had multiple in a week or in a month.
one post made it sound like you went 6 weeks strait wetting at the beginning, before you attemptEd to stop or slow it down. Is that correct?
Yes, I went 6 straight weeks a couple times (wearing nearly 24/7, listening to files at night etc). It was after the 2nd time of doing the 6 weeks, that the bedwetting did not stop after stopping the steps to bedwet. I got worried that I would no longer have a choice about wearing. It took maybe 2-3 months before the bedwetting accidents stopped. I do still have an occasional unwanted accident now. Having the ABDL desires for years though, resulted in a fulfilled feeling as I felt like the actual bedwetter I was always so curious about. I didn't use the alarm much. It added to "little" feeling of being a 12 year old that is trying everything possible to stop bedwetting so he can be a big boy and not wear pull-ups on sleepovers, sports camps, or other trips. About once a week I take my steps to bedwet and I am able to wake to a soggy diaper nearly every time.

Reactions: fluffyprison
how long into the 6 weeks till it started happening or the very first experience that you realized you wet the bed?

Back