Please only use adult pacifiers

lokisvixen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I so want to tell every new little I meet only use adult sized pacis they will save your teeth this is coming from someone who has spent thousands and countless painful years in orthodontics because of pacifier use

Reactions: Diaperboy27, CrazySmoker, littledreamers333 and 1 other person
They do seem like a recipe for braces, especially if you suck the nipple in and then hold it in your teeth, at which point it’s pulling your teeth forward. I actually really like the baby-sized MAMs, but I always upgrade the nipples to adult-sized ones.

Reactions: DBabygirl2, PaddedPonyboy, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
I agree... even from a comfort perspective, its better to use an adult pacifier. Safety+comfort.

I regularly use an adult pacifier, and switching to an adult one a while back was a genuine improvement.

Reactions: lokisvixen
Cottontail said:
They do seem like a recipe for braces, especially if you suck the nipple in and then hold it in your teeth, at which point it’s pulling your teeth forward. I actually really like the baby-sized MAMs, but I always upgrade the nipples to adult-sized ones.
I have an oral fixation so didn't give up my paci till late in life I wish I had known what being a little was sooner so I could have avoided the trauma

Reactions: Pacifyingmyautism
am1248 said:
I agree... even from a comfort perspective, its better to use an adult pacifier. Safety+comfort.

I regularly use an adult pacifier, and switching to an adult one a while back was a genuine improvement.
I have an oral fixation so didn't give up my paci till late in life I wish I had known what being a little was sooner so I could have avoided the trauma

lokisvixen said:
Do you use an adult-sized one now, or have you given them up entirely?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
lokisvixen said:
I gave it up relatively late in life (age 6-ish, and by then it was limited use)... but I only used an inappropriately sized one when I was older for a few months before switching to a proper one.

Cottontail said:
Do you use an adult-sized one now, or have you given them up entirely?
I started using adult ones after I became an adult and had my own money but gave them up entirely for a few good years because of braces

Reactions: Cottontail
am1248 said:
I gave it up relatively late in life (age 6-ish, and by then it was limited use)... but I only used an inappropriately sized one when I was older for a few months before switching to a proper one.
I was 14 sad to say the forced metal in my mouth made me give up my paci and put me though years of pain I'm 28 now so I have my own choices I can make but I did have to give them up for years

Reactions: am1248
lokisvixen said:
I started using adult ones after I became an adult and had my own money but gave them up entirely for a few good years because of braces
Unfortunate but understandable. I never had one as a child, and am a relative newcomer. I’ve been using them for a couple of years now, mainly while working (from home), and I rarely sleep with one. So far, no questions from the dentist, but if she ever says anything, the pacifiers are gone and I’ll find some other oral stimming solution.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Rusher
Cottontail said:
Unfortunate but understandable. I never had one as a child, and am a relative newcomer. I’ve been using them for a couple of years now, mainly while working (from home), and I rarely sleep with one. So far, no questions from the dentist, but if she ever says anything, the pacifiers are gone and I’ll find some other oral stimming solution.
Try your best to keep good oral hygiene sweets plus paci isn't the best it's a recipe for cavities. Personally I have slept with one on long car rides but never overnight

Cottontail said:
I also use one while working (at home)... at least I'm not destroying my keyboard and electronics with "other" forms of stress relief.

Reactions: lokisvixen and Cottontail
This is why we designed our Fixx pacifier, as it was designed with the adult mouth in mind. Making things bigger so you are not using force to hold the pacifier in your mouth reduces the strain on your teeth and jaw during use.

If you have not already seen them, I will attach some images. You can order them from our official pacifier website or Rearz - https://pacifieraddict.com/fixx/

Attachments

• Purple-FIxx-model.jpg
    Purple-FIxx-model.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Dinosaur-Red-FIxx-model.jpg
    Dinosaur-Red-FIxx-model.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Mouse-Fixx-Male.jpg
    Mouse-Fixx-Male.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: suckababy
I highly recommend the FIXX size 10 for adults. Overall, it reduced my snoring and I do get better sleep. None of the issues one might have with a Nuk size 6 pacifier teat. It may look a little big at first, but it is engineered and designed well. Fits perfect into my mouth and I can fully "latch" on this pacifier with ease. They are also easy to clean and Rearz sells replacement teats if something happens.

If you have not tried this pacifier, I would.

For me, the Fixx size 10 and size 8 from PacifierAddict are too big, too wide specifically. I have a narrow face and my upper teeth are close together. A longer stem size 6 would be perfect for me, but I have never found one unfortunately. Bigger teats are always wider.

I’ve been using mam toddler pacifiers since my mid-teens so probably about 25 years now and i have any dental/ orthodontic issues. Personally I find adult pacifiers uncomfortable. I’m not aware of there being any actual research or evidence to show whether adult pacifiers are any better than baby pacifiers and you don’t know that your dental issues would have been any different had you used a different kind of pacifier. I think if an adult wants to use a pacifier they should use whatever is most comfortable for them, I don’t think there is a right or wrong, for me Mam pacifiers which are designed for babies are right for me and better than adult pacifiers.

Reactions: longallsboy
My "adult pacifier" is a pipe stuffed with my favorite tobacco. Cigars work as well, but they are frightfully expensive these days.

• Love
Reactions: CrazySmoker
I started to use adult pacifiers in my twenties and no more sore teeth.

Reactions: CrazySmoker
RearzJacob said:
This is why we designed our Fixx pacifier, as it was designed with the adult mouth in mind. Making things bigger so you are not using force to hold the pacifier in your mouth reduces the strain on your teeth and jaw during use.

If you have not already seen them, I will attach some images. You can order them from our official pacifier website or Rearz - https://pacifieraddict.com/fixx/
I love these sizes and can’t wait to try and purchase the cherry pop one to try. Looking to give myself a proper shave and try their latex size twelve. I find that using a pacifier with full beard doesn’t feel right sensory wise and know with the amount of grinding need to start using my pacifiers a lot more.

RearzJacob said:

i think i will try one of these for my next paci, because i've found that other adult pacifiers are a bit too small and like you mentioned, i have to use my teeth and jaw to hold it in place. i love my current pacifiers but from what i've heard, these would be a definite upgrade for what i need. thanks for the reminder!

Reactions: suckababy
Back