Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

Northshore supreme light brief discontinued

Everybody that wants the Supreme Lite must be ordering them now. I see the White (cheaper) version is not even listed at healthwick.ca. And the green has been sold out, leaving only the Purple.

I didn't particularly like the Supreme Lites. No leg cuffs, and the tapes would rip the plastic cover.

Reactions: Diaperman95
12srepaid said:
I didn't particularly like the Supreme Lites. No leg cuffs, and the tapes would rip the plastic cover.
I used them a lot when I went out last summer. I had no problems with the tapes. I trusted them for my IBS-d, though thankfully never had a messing accident in them.

Reactions: keepitonDL
What is wrong with supreme? I don’t understand the craze .

I just received a case of BetterDry Day diapers to replace the NorthShore Supreme Lite diapers that are being discontinued.

The BetterDry Day is a tad less absorbent than the Supreme Lite's. However, the Day has very tall internal standing leak guards (2.1") that the Supreme Lite did not. These tall leak guards make the BetterDry Day very flexible as you can use it alone or with a substantial booster pad for more absorbency to tailor it for your needs.

I will use the Day diaper around the house but will continue to use the Better Dry L10 for nights or for when I need a longer period between changes such as when I am away from home.

The tall internal leak guards should benefit any wearer but they are of particular value to me as I am also bowel incontinent.

Reactions: diaperdude and Seasonedcitizen
slimjiminy said:
Everybody that wants the Supreme Lite must be ordering them now. I see the White (cheaper) version is not even listed at healthwick.ca. And the green has been sold out, leaving only the Purple.
The whit has been out at NS for at least several days and says it will not be restocked.

I bought a case of the BetterDry Day diapers and am very pleased with them. The tall internal standing leak guards are 2.1" high. For those of us who are bowel incontinent that is a significant feature. It may not be as significant for those who are only bladder incontinent, but the high leak guards help to keep urine over the absorbent mat until it can be absorbed. As I am both bladder and bowel incontinent it is doubly useful to me.

The extra high leak guards also are important to those who wish to add a booster pad for extra absorbency as the leak guards will be higher than the booster pad when it has absorbed its maximum. I keep an assortment of booster pads on hand with different absorbencies so that I usually can tailor the absorbency I need to the situation.

However, we should not expect the BetterDry Day to perform like a full premium diaper. I use it to supplement my premium diapers - usually Better Dry and MegaMax. Currently I am experimenting with the MegaMax Air (the breathable version of the MegaMax).

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
qwertyqwerty said:
I think supreme might be way more thick. Tough to hide under clothing and whatnot

MellowUrchin said:
Cost has increased 43% for them so I found alternates. The tapes never popped off on them or leaked for discrete wearing.

View attachment 102282
Where is this data coming from?

jdinvirginia said:
I bought a case of the BetterDry Day diapers and am very pleased with them. The tall internal standing leak guards are 2.1" high. For those of us who are bowel incontinent that is a significant feature. It may not be as significant for those who are only bladder incontinent, but the high leak guards help to keep urine over the absorbent mat until it can be absorbed. As I am both bladder and bowel incontinent it is doubly useful to me.

The extra high leak guards also are important to those who wish to add a booster pad for extra absorbency as the leak guards will be higher than the booster pad when it has absorbed its maximum. I keep an assortment of booster pads on hand with different absorbencies so that I usually can tailor the absorbency I need to the situation.

However, we should not expect the BetterDry Day to perform like a full premium diaper. I use it to supplement my premium diapers - usually Better Dry and MegaMax. Currently I am experimenting with the MegaMax Air (the breathable version of the MegaMax).
Just so you know Adam at NorthShore told me that the next batch of mega max air will have the same great landing strip and tapes as the normal mega max. The Velcro they used and the backing stretch and loosen just like all other cloth backed diapers without a landing strip I do feel the diaper was great if it just would stay snug and tight so I am excited for the to come out with this upgrade this summer.

Reactions: jdinvirginia and Seasonedcitizen
qwertyqwerty said:
Nothing is wrong with the NorthShore Supreme. It is a good diaper and, if it fits you well and meets your needs, buy it.

My preference for the BetterDry diaper is because 1) it costs a bit less and 2) it absorbs more.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
keepitonDL said:
Honestly I loved the crinkle of these , they aren’t bulky and since I use for comfort most of the time with a void occasionally if I can’t find a bathroom anywhere, they hold the perfect amount for someone with an over reactive bladder . It also has little elastic waist ripples or whatever you call them in the back which for me is perfect. I could talk about these all day how they are the best

As you can see, my favourite diaper is being discontinued :(

I noticed my other favourite diaper the Rearz in control + inspire brief is simply massive to put it . It only comes in medium as the smallest size and I wouldn’t be able to wear discreetly.

So I need help with finding the perfect dupe to this northshore diaper . Maybe something I’ll like even more who knows

Recommendos below ! :)
Try better dry “day”.

• Love
Reactions: keepitonDL
jdinvirginia said:
Nothing is wrong with the NorthShore Supreme. It is a good diaper and, if it fits you well and meets your needs, buy it.

My preference for the BetterDry diaper is because 1) it costs a bit less and 2) it absorbs more.
My only issue with better dry is I try to be a active person and they loosen and then sag. Also if they are very wet they start to clump. But I have only tried one bag. But they are a comfortable diaper. I just prefer diapers with a landing strip. But we are all different and have different needs. Mega max is awesome but not everyone can afford it. Hell I can't to be honest I just blindly buy and then adjust my spending afterwards. It is very hard to be incontinent on a fixed gov. income that is for sure.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
blaincorrous said:
Where is this data coming from?
Me recording it whenever I would check the site.

Better Dry is the one diaper I just don’t get the attraction to. Lame in my books. Lucky we have so much choice.

Subtlerustle said:
Better Dry is the one diaper I just don’t get the attraction to. Lame in my books. Lucky we have so much choice.
I kinda like the in-control products a lot better than better dryI mean Mega max is the best,but a close second the in control elite and their overnight black are pretty solid too.

Diaperman95, I agree that the In-Control products are of very high quality. The In-Control Elite Hybrid is excellent and I like the diaper. However, although it has about the same absorbency (ISO 5,428) as the Better Dry (ISO 5,128), it is more expensive.

BetterDry is my go-to diaper. It may not be the "best," but it provides high value for the cost. I have had no problems with it sagging and clumping, but that may be because 1) I always wear a onesie and 2) I almost always add a booster pad for extra absorbency.

Diaperman95 said:
I kinda like the in-control products a lot better than better dryI mean Mega max is the best,but a close second the in control elite and their overnight black are pretty solid too.
If I were bladder incontinent I would def opt for the Mega Max. It’s truly a great product. Fit, durability, colour options etc. The ABU simple ultra is probably my favourite white premium diaper. I find ABU to be a little narrower in the crotch area than the Rearz/In Control models. It’s thus just a little more comfortable to wear and move around in. I know most ABDLs covet the waddle but I guess I’m weird(er) lol.

With more absorbency diapers being made, why need ones that hold less?

Calico said:
With more absorbency diapers being made, why need ones that hold less?
More discrete and most lighter duty diapers cost less. People that use diapers for the intended use to treat incontinence normally go for only the level they need. Like if someone Normally makes it to the restroom when it is close but might leak a little in the process & wants more security than a pad but does not soak them with multiple full bladders. Like a insurance just incase they dump a lot.
Then some people are more about being discrete and willing to change more often too especially if they are around a private restroom all day. Me myself I have multiple little floods all day and I hate having to change especially in public or the middle of the night so I choose and love my mega max. But I am a bigger guy and can hide a bigger diaper with oversized relax fit jeans. But we all have different needs.

Reactions: jdinvirginia and slimjiminy
Back