Northshore supreme light brief discontinued

Reactions: Remington1911
Better dry - “day” is a perfect replacement. Crinkles and elastic waistbands included. And cheaper I’m sure than northshore.

Reactions: keepitonDL and jdinvirginia
keepitonDL said:
I was on healthwick when I found it . My heart sank

Are you located in Canada?

I looked on the NorthShore website and the 2 authorized Canadian web vendors are Healthwick and AgeComfort. I did a quick visit to both of their websites.

AgeComfort does not offer either the Supreme Lite or the Supreme in any color.

Healthwick offers the Supreme Lite and the Supreme.

According to the NorthShore website, only the size medium white Supreme Lites are unavailable. There is nothing about the size large or any of the other colors being discontinued.

It appears that Healthwick doesn't care to continue to offer the Supreme Lite in any color.

I have not tried the Supreme Lite, but I really like the Supreme, so I would suggest that you give them a try.

Reactions: ElPulpo
KeepitonDL, thanks for posting the discontinuance notice from NorthShore.

I am sorry to see that diaper go. I am bowel incontinent and use the Supreme Lite as an "in-between" diaper when I need something between major diaper changes. The breathable version is a good product, but, as someone who is bowel incontinent, not my first choice.

Reactions: keepitonDL
jdinvirginia said:
KeepitonDL, thanks for posting the discontinuance notice from NorthShore.

I am sorry to see that diaper go. I am bowel incontinent and use the Supreme Lite as an "in-between" diaper when I need something between major diaper changes. The breathable version is a good product, but, as someone who is bowel incontinent, not my first choice.

Ya, I am very sorry to hear that also! It was a product that I developed a trust for on days when I really needed it. I have used BetterDry, but for away from home, the Supreme Lite was best for me.

I am getting ready to order diapers and both Better Dry and Better Dry Day will be among my selection.

NorthShore Care offers their NorthShore AirPremium diapers that seem to be the breathable equivalent to the NorthShore Supreme Lite. In size Large, by the case, they cost $104.99 or $1.72 per diaper. As I mostly was using the NS Supreme Lite as an "in-between" diaper between major diaper changes of my Better Dry diaper, that is somewhat pricey as a Better Dry costs less.

The Better Dry Day is a plastic-backed diaper with a maximum ISO capacity of 2500ml or 87 oz. The capacity under pressure (usable capacity) is 730ml. or 24 oz. I am not sure of the accuracy of this latter figure although it has been advertised.

At XP Medical Better Dry Day costs $94.99 per case of 72 diapers in size Large or $1.30 per diaper. That price is more competitive and much more attractive.
LL Medico offers the Better Dry Day for $99.99 per case in size large but the cost offers free shipping.

So, the diaper with the better "bang for the buck" is the Better Dry Day and that is the one I shall order.(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
jdinvirginia said:
I am getting ready to order diapers and both Better Dry and Better Dry Day will be among my selection.

NorthShore Care offers their NorthShore AirPremium diapers that seem to be the breathable equivalent to the NorthShore Supreme Lite. In size Large, by the case, they cost $104.99 or $1.72 per diaper. As I mostly was using the NS Supreme Lite as an "in-between" diaper between major diaper changes of my Better Dry diaper, that is somewhat pricey as a Better Dry costs less.

The Better Dry Day is a plastic-backed diaper with a maximum ISO capacity of 2500ml or 87 oz. The capacity under pressure (usable capacity) is 730ml. or 24 oz. I am not sure of the accuracy of this latter figure although it has been advertised.

At XP Medical Better Dry Day costs $94.99 per case of 72 diapers in size Large or $1.30 per diaper. That price is more competitive and much more attractive.
LL Medico offers the Better Dry Day for $99.99 per case in size large but the cost offers free shipping.

So, the diaper with the better "bang for the buck" is the Better Dry Day and that is the one I shall order.(y)
Healthwick in Canada does not offer the BetterDry Day (at least not yet). Their current selection leaves me the choice of a premium brief or Tranquility ATN or Slim Line. Ug. So at the moment, it will be a BetterDry or Tranquility. The Tranquility is ok for me for U-IC but if I feel a chance of F-IC, then I guess I will have to go with the extra padding of the BetterDry.

IC management is precarious enough without losing access to the products that you've learned to trust. 🤬

Reactions: Subtlerustle
if u dont like a thick diaper but want crinkles, I like the peekabo, plus they are white with the cute front. Welcome to this site, glad u have joined us!!!

Reactions: Diaperman95
jdinvirginia said:

I use to buy my abenas from XPMedical Gary I think is the name of the owner he is a good guy and a incontinent person as well and he uses diapers himself. So I really liked doing business but I found the total dry X plus and I could not go back to abena or molicare. Then after poor customer service from the total dry after 4 or 5 years and spending 1000's of dollars I found Mega max. I like diapers with the reinforced landing strips. I really had no complaints on XPMedical though.

You should check out the InControl products. The active air you can get 60 diapers for $102 That is $1.7 per diaper!
The InControl essential is 69 for a case of 36. That is $1.91 per. I love the elite diaper too. They have free shipping if you spend $70 or more,.

Diaperman95 said:
The active air you can get 60 diapers for $102 That is $1.7 per diaper!
Have you actually tried these? They're terrible!

LePew said:
Have you actually tried these? They're terrible!
Really. I have not tried them yet. I was going to order a bag this month but my daughter keeps going to the "Bank of Dad" for her money needs. 😆 She just had my grandbaby Monday, so it is hard not help her out.
It really surprises me because I really liked the Elite I a whole lot. I was going to get a bag of the airs and the essentials but Now I need to watch my spending. I did try the overnight black one too.

What is it you hate about them?
Thank you for letting me know. Nothing I hate more than having high hopes for a diaper and get shit that sucks instead!

Diaperman95 said:
Really. I have not tried them yet. I was going to order a bag this month but my daughter keeps going to the "Bank of Dad" for her money needs. 😆 She just had my grandbaby Monday, so it is hard not help her out.
It really surprises me because I really liked the Elite I a whole lot. I was going to get a bag of the airs and the essentials but Now I need to watch my spending. I did try the overnight black one too.

What is it you hate about them?
Thank you for letting me know. Nothing I hate more than having high hopes for a diaper and get shit that sucks instead!
incontrol Active Air is crazy thin for a 1400ml (real world capacity) diaper, basically it's prob like 97% SAP so pee basically sloshes around in there like gel in a bag. Problem is that this is a ventilated diaper so that pee gel gets cold, like really really cold and there's press out after just 400ml so your constantly being drenched in cold pee with a slightest bit of pressure. I basically want out of this thing after the first wetting, and after the second wetting, I really want it off. Now imagine filling this thing to 900, 1200, 1400ml? But that's not all! They also vent/sweat liquid and do so heavily. After just the second wetting I feel dampness all over my inner legs, my jeans literally get wet and they transfer a strong pee smell to them after just 2 wettings.

I literally can't get over how bad they are lol, now I've got a whole bag of these crap diapers.

Please do yourself a favor and don't order a bag of them, just satisfy your curiosity with a sample if you must. All the other incontrol products are great except that one. Do yourself an even bigger favor and order a bag of Tena Slip Ultimas from there instead; the description they have is wrong, they're full plastic. This is a lot better than my molicare pullup recommendation, trust me ;)

Last edited:
Sad

LePew said:
incontrol Active Air is crazy thin for a 1400ml (real world capacity) diaper, basically it's prob like 97% SAP so pee basically sloshes around in there like gel in a bag. Problem is that this is a ventilated diaper so that pee gel gets cold, like really really cold and there's press out after just 400ml so your constantly being drenched in cold pee with a slightest bit of pressure. I basically want out of this thing after the first wetting, and after the second wetting, I really want it off. Now imagine filling this thing to 900, 1200, 1400ml? But that's not all! They also vent/sweat liquid and do so heavily. After just the second wetting I feel dampness all over my inner legs, my jeans literally get wet and they transfer a strong pee smell to them after just 2 wettings.

I literally can't get over how bad they are lol, now I've got a whole bag of these crap diapers.

Please do yourself a favor and don't order a bag of them, just satisfy your curiosity with a sample if you must. All the other incontrol products are great except that one. Do yourself an even bigger favor and order a bag of Tena Slip Ultimas from there instead; the description they have is wrong, they're full plastic. This is a lot better than my molicare pullup recommendation, trust me ;)
Thank you so much. "I will try a bag of the essentials next month & skip these. I think I am going to buy a case of the Elite next month too. I am looking for a cheaper option than Mega max for day use. I never have fund a single cloth back I like. The mega max air seamed like it might be worth another try when they get the l ang zone and tapes. I just did not like it because it sagged so bad when wet.

Adam told me they just ordered a new batch they will have the same tapes and landing strip as the original Mega Max. So I am excited to try them. He said it would be a few months before they are available. I love the fact they listen to their customers and really are trying to make quality products.

Yea the elite hybrids are great, I really love those. The essentials have a baby diaper scent so I've avoided them for that reason.

I'd really urge you to pick up a bag of Tena Slip Ultimas as well, that UK imported Tena Slip lineup is not like the USA store bought diapers, I prefer them over the elite hybrids (partially for discretionary reasons and partially because I like how the tena padding feels when wet), if taped up right, I think the tena odor control is slightly better than hybrid elite. And lastly, the Tena padding gets densely packed when wet but that density is balanced vertical not just mostly horizontal so it doesn't spread out your legs like the hybrid elite does and cause waddle; they're a lot easier to walk in when wet basically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 39193
LePew said:
Yea the elite hybrids are great, I really love those. The essentials have a baby diaper scent so I've avoided them for that reason.

I'd really urge you to pick up a bag of Tena Slip Ultimas as well, that UK imported Tena Slip lineup is not like the USA store bought diapers, I prefer them over the elite hybrids (partially for discretionary reasons and partially because I like how the tena padding feels when wet), if taped up right, I think the tena odor control is slightly better than hybrid elite. And lastly, the Tena padding gets densely packed when wet but that density is balanced vertical not just mostly horizontal so it doesn't spread out your legs like the hybrid elite does and cause waddle; they're a lot easier to walk in when wet basically.
Well Shit now I have another diaper to try. 😂🤣InControl has them they are $50 bucks for 21, $133 a case of 63. They look pretty good. Next month I might get a bag of these and a case of essentials. I am pretty stocked on mega max. I have about 2 1/2 cases right now.

Last edited:
To be fair, I should note that, since my previous post, NorthShore Care has reduced the prices on several of their diapers. This may affect your comparison of the cost-competiveness of their diapers versus others.

Cost has increased 43% for them so I found alternates. The tapes never popped off on them or leaked for discrete wearing.

1675519093060.png

Reactions: jdinvirginia
I used the supreme light a few times, but I just don’t order from North shore anymore since the prices skyrocketed. Everybody seems to be talking about InControl and between them and Rearz those are the diapers that I use now. I like the reinforced learning zones on all that stuff, that’s why I no longer order stuff from Xpmed medical. my diaper of choice from InControl would have to be the original, they are a very good quality diaper that works for both day and night. It might need to change a little more often with those but at least you get better bang for your buck. At some point for a thinner option, I will eventually get a case of the Tana Ultima. I tried a bag of these ones and they are awesome. Although right now I am pretty stocked up on diapers and the next things I order will probably end up being a case of the violet seduction just because purple is a great day for color and then on the last batch of those. I also need to get, a case of the mega Safari luckily, I have some tax refund money in my future so it might make diaper buying a little more easier.

nikthewerelion said:
I used the supreme light a few times, but I just don’t order from North shore anymore since the prices skyrocketed. Everybody seems to be talking about InControl and between them and Rearz those are the diapers that I use now. I like the reinforced learning zones on all that stuff, that’s why I no longer order stuff from Xpmed medical. my diaper of choice from InControl would have to be the original, they are a very good quality diaper that works for both day and night. It might need to change a little more often with those but at least you get better bang for your buck. At some point for a thinner option, I will eventually get a case of the Tana Ultima. I tried a bag of these ones and they are awesome. Although right now I am pretty stocked up on diapers and the next things I order will probably end up being a case of the violet seduction just because purple is a great day for color and then on the last batch of those. I also need to get, a case of the mega Safari luckily, I have some tax refund money in my future so it might make diaper buying a little more easier.
I liked the purple seduction also. But to be completely honest I have not found any thing I truly like better than the mega Max... But rearz and incontrol are a close second to them.

Back