Medical diapers or ABDL diapers?

LifeInPlastic said:
I beg to differ. Northshore is a mediacal supply company https://www.northshorecare.com/
Thus the Megamax is a medical diaper. It might be one of the few remaining high quality diapers but only because most manufactures spew out garbage doesn't mean the rest is all DL. That's flawed reasoning.

Cheers
I'd like to add this, if I may:

The designation of North Shore as a medical supply company may be useful for those of use who are incontinent, regardless of whether we're buying their brand, or other brands they may sell. Many insurance plans don't cover diapers (mine doesn't) for outpatient/at-home use - which is where virtually all my diaper use happens. In the event I might want to/need to itemize my expenses for tax deduction purposes, having proof I bought them from a medical supply company would be easier to justify if the Internal Revenue Service questioned my diaper purchases.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Pino and slimjiminy
Specifically with the Megamax, and, to a lesser degree, now that Garry left,the XP5000, an ABDL friendly company, saw the opportunity to make money off being ABDL friendly, and took it. Intelligence. I don't think they realized they had an everybody product, though. That word, medical, is important. I know. My sister gets the state paid garbage. My fiancé pays for better. Medical means someone might reimburse you. Yes, it's important.

Being a medical company, doesn't keep you from manufacturing for the weirdos, it just makes it safer.

That's why Rearz and Incontrol are, "separate."

Not being protected by that word, doesn't mean you don't make incontinence supplies, because everything not marketed for children under 5, is. Being protected by medical, is also brave, because it's refusal not to help everyone.

When it's being ordered, manufactured, and shipped, if it fits adults, the word that gets written on paper, is incontinence brief, cute, cool, or not. Uncle Sam doesn't care about prints, he cares how much he pays.

I'm old enough to remember when even ABDL diapers were garbage. It takes a level of mental energy most vanilla don't have, to make a better mousetrap. Be glad for the 3rd category.

Last edited:
Reactions: moorey, BabylinoAddict and AttilaThePun
(pardon and ignore any lazy typing i make) As i wear for IC, and on rare occasion just because I need to anyway, I am one of those people who are all "Well if i need them I'm going to get what I want, reguardless of the cost". Can you guess what I'm gonna say? Yup, only ABDL diapers MOSTLY. Like 95% of the time.

Now depending on the activity, location, or what is going on, I may choose a thinner more discreet diaper or a thicker one with a booster if I feel want to wear that. I am not afraid to go to work, school, or most any public places wearing one as long as I am very confident that it has a very low chance someone would accidently see my diaper if my shirt pulls up, I have an accident, or something crazy were to happen. If i go out, sometimes I may take 2 extra diapers, one thinner and one thicker, just to give myself options. Generally its only a thinner one i will keep on me in case i do need it while i am out.

At night at home, usually i will wear a thicker ABDL diaper overnight, and for the day, a thinner one such as the little builders or rebels by rearz. I like the ones that have velcro tapes over the stick on tapes. That is just my personal preference, velcro tape, plastic backed are what I like best. I like that if a velcro tape starts to come off, i can easily re-stick it, granted my only con is that they irritate the legs if they rub anywhere odd. Both velcro and stick on for me seem to be great, and usually never have any issue with any tapes.

I figure if im going to be wearing diapers, it may as well be something I enjoy looking at, such as the printed ones are what I mainly seek. I may occasionally wear a plain white medical one and do keep some med diapers around all the time. Personally I dont mind anything really, state paid, out of pocket, whatever. It doesn't matter how many diapers I do or do not buy, I got no issues. I prefer ones with characters and designs, but that is just me, and I can respect what others have been saying on the other pages of this thread. I hope to one day have even just one of my designs be printed onto a diaper, that would be so cool I think!

Reactions: AttilaThePun
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Str8ups, Trest Elite, is it spelled Sunkissed? Am I missing anymore?
I think it's "Sunkiss". Their "Masterpiece" model is a plastic-backed diaper which is available in pink, I believe, as well as white. I can't recall whether they offer other colors. I just remember they came up when I searched for plastic-backed adult diapers.

Reactions: Edgewater
I am urinary incontinent and in Australia, the only medical diapers/nappies are Cloth backed which irritates my skin hence I get Bambino Ultra stretch white or Magnifico (due to supply) as they are comfortable have the capacity as well as plastic backed with velco incase I dont get the tapes correct the first time.

So unfortunately only able to get non medical nappies in my country which the government pays for

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater and AttilaThePun
i think when it comes to diapers it is all about preference. what you like to wear and what works best for you. Quality and cost are a concern for sure. everyone has different style underwear they wear for various reasons, activities, and situations. underwear can also match a person's mood. It is all about having options. there are good and bad diapers in both medical style and ABDL style. a lot has to do with finding the diaper or pullup that works best for you at a given moment. I have a large variety of different diapers and pullups both medical style and ABDL. I like BetterDry, Crinklz, and Mega Max, but i also like Tykables, Rearz, and ABU. Mega Max is just as expensive as ABDL style diapers ($120 + for a case of 40 isn't cheap especially when you can get a case of 60 BetterDry for $105). I like ABDL style diapers they are very good diapers and playful and fun to wear and bring out various sides of my personality. mainly the kid in me and there is nothing wrong with that. I also wear pullups to the gym. i don't think the style diaper or pullup defines who you are. each to his or her own in the style diaper or pullup you chose to wear, but don't bash a certain style just because you don't like them or try to make others feel bad about choosing an ABDL style diaper as their go to diaper. besides who couldn't love a diaper with dinosaurs, teddy bears, pirates, animals, or space rockets on it (LOL). a diaper can set the tone for an adventure. for whatever reason you are wearing a diaper wear whatever you like.

Reactions: geka, InconLifer, LittleRugrat45 and 3 others
I get my diapers from the healthcare system, same as NHS in Uk. I worked with the continence nurse to find the right protection for me.
I do buy diapers my self too, but I prefer single color diapers (only color I don’t wear is pink), I don’t want to waste money on ABDL diapers with prints, as I’m the only one seeing my diaper and I always wear some sort of clothe on top, so why waste money on something I don’t get any benefit from.
Also, I find it ridiculous wearing a diaper with a capacity rate at 11.000ml. No one is peeing that much, although I do know that the practical capacity of such diapers are far less still. But as others have said, wearing a diaper weighing 3 kilos, of pee, that’s absurd.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Joeysms, InconLifer and 3 others
NotTheAverageMan said:
I do buy diapers my self too, but I prefer single color diapers (only color I don’t wear is pink), I don’t want to waste money on ABDL diapers with prints, as I’m the only one seeing my diaper and I always wear some sort of clothe on top, so why waste money on something I don’t get any benefit from.
That's a fair statement, I guess...the nice part is that there are all-white AB/DL diapers, the likes of which most hospitals, docs, nurses and caregivers have seldom--if ever--seen. It stuns them that better diapers exist. We're in the forefront on that.

NotTheAverageMan said:
Also, I find it ridiculous wearing a diaper with a capacity rate at 11.000ml. No one is peeing that much, although I do know that the practical capacity of such diapers are far less still. But as others have said, wearing a diaper weighing 3 kilos, of pee, that’s absurd.
Boy howdy, so do I. Thankfully, it's misleading advertising, since the testing methods & controls they use are not at all based on real-world usage conditions and can thus be fairly assessed as having, at best, 35-50% bragged capacity...which is still better than anything Attends, Tena and the like put out as their best. Our Diaper Wars have become, appropriately and ironically, one big pi**ing match.

Last edited:
Reactions: geka, InconLifer, Edgewater and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
That's a fair statement, I guess...the nice part is that there are all-white AB/DL diapers, the likes of which most hospitals, docs, nurses and caregivers have seldom--if ever--seen. It stuns them that better diapers exist. We're in the forefront on that.
The diapers I'm currently using are medical type with ABDL capacity, crinkly soft plastic backing, gentle double elastic gathers and a comfortable stretchy waistband on both sides; they even came fluffed from the factory for extra bulk and thickness which is a huge bonus.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
I use medical diapers primarily (Abena M4 to be specific and occasionally Seni Quattro). The reason being is two-fold. Most of my family and friends know I wear it because of various incontinence (fecal and urinary). However, if I come across a rare friend who doesn’t know or run into a work colleague and sees my diaper, I won't be as embarrassed as if I had some cartoon print and can say why I wear it. Secondly, medical diapers are more omnipresent than ABDL diapers. I can go to most pharmacies, discount stores, or medical supply shops and purchase a pack if I need one. Finally, I will not spend a fortune on a pack on a product that I use as a bathroom.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
I have IC and tend to see things more from the practical side. While I prefer a plain white medical style. If there was an Abdl style diaper that was of similar quality as a Megamax but at a better price point I probably switch for the cost savings.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Eclectic and Edgewater
Mike4978 said:
I have IC and tend to see things more from the practical side. While I prefer a plain white medical style. If there was an Abdl style diaper that was of similar quality as a Megamax but at a better price point I probably switch for the cost savings.
100% agree with this. I personally think the terms “medical” and “ABDL” are silly. They are all diapers to me and, if they fit well, absorb well, and are a decent price, I’ll wear them even if they have a pink faerie print.

• Thinking
Reactions: geka, BabylinoAddict, InconLifer and 2 others
NotTheAverageMan said:
I get my diapers from the healthcare system, same as NHS in Uk. I worked with the continence nurse to find the right protection for me.
As someone who wears nappies for a medical reason I would feel absurd talking to doctors and nurses if my nappy was printed with unicorns, puppies etc. I want to have a grown up and adult conversation about my symptoms, medication etc and how would this take place if wearing an ABDL nappy and glittery plastic pants ?? Whilst most medical staff have seen it all at some time or another, first impressions count and I do not want their first impression being that they are talking to a clown. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but it is the difference from wearing protection for need versus wearing for fun.

• Love
Reactions: geka, Jellyfish, SoggyPanties and 8 others
I started wearing diapers when I was 19 by choice, I’ve been a DL, my whole life and I am now 45. For most of this time it has been mostly medical Diapers, because there really wasn’t any other choice. It is only been in the past eight years or so that we’ve seen the rise of better quality Diapers with a B/DL. When I lost a whole lot more vision seven or eight years ago need for using Diapers became a lot more realistic rather than just, wear them just in case. This is also around the same time I got diagnosed with type two diabetes and started taking a bunch of pills for this, and I still do and some of the side effects of these are the possibility of diarrhea accidents which really sucks and that’s few and far between. But now since I have been. jardiance for the past three or four years. My uptick in urination has gotten ridiculous. Yes, that’s the point of this drug so it’s doing a good job. When you combine this over the years with stress incontinence, and probably a weaker bladder, and also a fading awareness of needing to go before I actually have an accident.this is how I’ve gotten to the point of just accepting needing Diapers on a 24/7 basis. this is when you start to realize that there’s a vast difference between the cheap Diapers that I used to use depend or abena and anything from North Shore or InControl or rearz tykables or abu. what I figured out from this is that there’s not a lot of price difference between non-printed really good quality diapers like the stuff from InControl versus the stuff like safari, when it really comes down to it you’re talking about. Very good quality Diapers versus very shitty quality Diapers and that’s really where you’re only gonna see a major cost savings. If you’re in Diapers 24/7 and you need good quality it will cost you there’s just no way around it. My thinking is if I’m gonna spend about $300 or so every other month on good quality Diapers I may as well get the ones that represent me, basically anything with lions on it , and that is plastic backed so for me it’s safari and tiny tails. Because I am wetting myself at least once or twice an hour and it’s mostly in the sitting position. The extra thickness in these quality Diapers mean that there’s a pretty good chance that I’m not going to leak , especially if you wear plastic pants over it and the onesie over that which is the other things I’ve adopted on a regular basis. I am blind so I don’t really care whether people end up seeing my diaper with cute animals on it if I end up going to the doctors or the hospital or anything like that, I’m in Diapers because I need them and in that situation I’m probably gonna already be soaked anyways at that point so who cares. people complain about the thickness and the bulge, I don’t care about that either because I would rather be in a diaper. That’s gonna give me the confidence of not leaking then something that is so thin that I have to worry about it leaking or anything like that during the time that I’m gonna be out and about if I happen to piss myself a few times and I’m sitting the whole time that’s just that much worse of a situation. Most of your fear of people, noticing or commenting on the possibility of you wearing diapers is all in your head because as a blind person, I realize that nobody says shit about this at all , they may think it but nobody is going to be enough to say it to your face at least not in a medical setting and even there they would probably be professional. So for me it’s about how the diaper functions first and foremost and the added bonus is just that it has lions or bears, or whatever on it.

• Love
Reactions: BabylinoAddict and BobbiSueEllen
I wear both medical and ABDL. Being incontinent doesn’t mean I have to be just limited to only medical diapers. In fact I wear ABDL diapers more because I’m ABDL and it helps me cope.

• Love
BabylinoAddict said:
The diapers I'm currently using are medical type with ABDL capacity, crinkly soft plastic backing, gentle double elastic gathers and a comfortable stretchy waistband on both sides; they even came fluffed from the factory for extra bulk and thickness which is a huge bonus.
What brand and model?? If you found a good one, please share

IWannawear said:
What brand and model?? If you found a good one, please share
Indeed! Name-dropping, in this instance, is a noble thing! 🥳🥳🥳

Reactions: Edgewater
BobbiSueEllen said:
Indeed! Name-dropping, in this instance, is a noble thing! 🥳🥳🥳
It’s the mythical diaper unicorn. A very rare thing best spoken in hushed voices in the back room of out-the-way taverns. 🦄

• Haha
Reactions: DLPeakOut, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Medical only. I wouldn't buy underwear (or any other item of clothing) with baby prints on them. Unfortunately I don't buy regular underwear, but diapers are just a special version of the same thing. So for me the same style rules/preferences apply - to the extent possible anyway.

The logical extension to that is that I wish diapers would do away so much stripes and printing all over them ("MEDIUM" "MAXI" etc..). Just plain colors are fine, thank you. I do like that MegaMax comes in other colors besides white. The navy and black are really neat IMO, but the cost of them is not worth it to me and I have about a jillion cases of ID Slip to use up - purple stripes and all. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, slimjiminy and Constantlydamp
Such a negative view about needing diapers in the USA. Like anyone wearing a diaper is deffective somehow. So the big companies try to make them like underwear as much as possible

Reactions: mightytoddler and BobbiSueEllen
Back