Medical diapers or ABDL diapers?

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
We see many IC people on our forum saying ABDL diapers are a waist in $'s. I agree. Are they really better than medical diapers? No. Megamax are medical. And there are several other medical diapers that work fine. For myself I wear Abena (plastic back). For sleeping I simply add a booster and plastic pants. I'm a teacher and I prefer to add a booster during the day so I don't have to change right away. The rest of the time I change when wet (~ 4 hours.). People who like their ABDL diapers, I think they say they are more absorption. In my opinion, they just cost more. But hey, if you like your ABDL diaper, fine. No problem for me. Do your own thing.

Reactions: Lethdale, Dry247, Neroforte and 8 others
The only time I would wear a ABDL diaper is at home or at night ,
Day to day life they’re to impractical due to the amount they swell up when wet

• Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, LifeGoesOn223, michaelmc and 2 others
Personally I like medical diapers with ABDL capacity fluffed from the factory such as these ones:

183755.jpg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, moorey, LifeGoesOn223 and 1 other person
There's maybe a case to make for single tape diapers which tend to only be ABDL (Sounds like rearz is 86'ing the "select") I tend to find them less restrictive for the plumbing. You know, if something comes up, seems less likely you'd get woken up with from a kink in the line.

I've personally almost never had an unboosted Abena I tape a bit looser for overnight leak anyway.

Reactions: moorey
I prefer abdl diapers over medical cuz medical diapers don't have cute prints like the abdl diapers do

Reactions: NabePup, jp95409, pamperbud20 and 3 others
littledreamers333 said:
I prefer abdl diapers over medical cuz medical diapers don't have cute prints like the abdl diapers do
(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the ABDL prints, but my wallet does not.

• Haha
Reactions: NabePup, TenaciousDL, michaelmc and 6 others
I personally think the labeling of medical vs ABDL is a bit silly. They are both diapers, except one has babyish prints on them. You can usually find plain versions without the print.

I wear 24/7 and need fit and performance. If they have prints on them and I can get them on sale (I don’t buy them unless they are discounted), then I don’t care that much what they look like as long as they fit well and perform well. It just doesn’t matter that much to me.

Now Rearz Alpacas, they perform extremely well and I just like alpacas 😄 That’s the only print disposable I’ll make sure I have in my wardrobe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 247, Pino, MegaLugia and 4 others
I am incontinent not ab/dl the diapers serve a function I use Abena Abriform L4 with a booster pad I don't wear for looks

Reactions: Lethdale, Constantlydamp, MegaLugia and 2 others
It depends. I will usually wear crinklz to bed because they are a decent deal and I'll wear a boosted northshore supreme to work. Some brands, like crinklz, are on par price wise with a lot of medical brands.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I wear medical diapers everyday (Tena, Attends etc.) and northshore is not available as medical diaper where I live.
So, from time to time, when the wallet says go, I buy a couple of packages with ABDL diapers for when I want something
with more capacity and a more fun print or color.
Worth it? Well, it's the same with food and beverages, you don't need it, but it's nice with a little extra in the weekend.

Reactions: TeddyBunny and AttilaThePun
I still have a few cases of Confidry 24/7 but they won't last forever. That was one of the great values until they stopped producing. My second good medical diaper is Abena (plastic backed). I did take a sample of Megamax and they're pretty good. But...I wouldn't purchase them. Especially wearing them during the day. 8+ hours during the day? I'm fine with an Abena and simply change at ~4 hours. I don't want to wear a soaking diaper for 8 hours. Why? No reason. Plus I just don't like wearing a bulging wet diaper for that many hours. For sleep I simply wear a good quality booster (NorthShore
Eternadry 2-XL contour [10.5 x 27"] booster doubler). Using these under my diaper they rarely leak. And if they do I'm already using a large bed pad along with plastic pants when I'm sleeping. Besides, I prefer to wear a white diaper. My girlfriend might think ABDL diapers would be cute but I'm fine with white.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Lethdale, Neroforte and 3 others
DL opinion here: I prefer medical diapers. I think they’re better made, feel drier, don’t restrict movement as much (waddle effect), and of course cheaper. Also, I’d be mortified is anyone saw me in baby printed diapers, even my wife.

My favorites are Tena Slip Active Maxi / Plus, and dailee pull-ups. It’s a bit crazy but I order all my diapers from Europe shipped to the USA, that’s how much I love those medical Tena’s and dailee’s!

Last edited:
Reactions: TeddyBunny, Lethdale, littlefun and 8 others
LePew said:
DL opinion here: I prefer medical diapers. I think they’re better made, feel drier, don’t restrict movement as much (waddle effect), and of course cheaper. Also, I’d be mortified is anyone say me in baby printed diapers, even my wife.

My favorites are Tena Slip Active Maxi / Plus, and dailee pull-ups. It’s a bit crazy but I order all my diapers from Europe shipped to the USA, that’s how much I love those medical Tena’s and dailee’s!
I love how soft Tena diapers are. I used to buy the old Tena Slip Maxis until they stopped making them. I still have one of those diapers left that I won't ever use, as kind of a memento to an old favorite I can never get again. They felt really thin when dry, but swelled up quite a bit after a few wettings. Probably not as much as a megamax, but still to an interesting degree!

How does the active compare to the old version of the Slip maxi, in your opinion? I wish I could just buy one pack to try out, but I'm not ordering from Europe lol 😩

Reactions: TeddyBunny
Chimera said:
How does the active compare to the old version of the Slip maxi, in your opinion? I wish I could just buy one pack to try out, but I'm not ordering from Europe lol 😩
I was a huge fan of the original UK (PE backed) Tena’s but that was like 15 years ago so I can’t actually compare perfectly but what I think is that the Tena Active Slips are geared a bit more towards stand-up wear and don’t have quite as much bulk between your legs interfering with your walking. Same absorbency as before, but slightly improved shape imo.

Why not order them from Europe? If you get 3 packs of maxis they end being like $2ish per diaper after shipping. You’ll have 72 Tena maxis to go through - well worth it for your favorite diaper!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike123, PadPhilosopher, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
I get it but I just simply can’t afford Abdl diapers most of the time. Most of what I buy is going to be drugstore brand stuff of Walmart but every now and then I will splurge and get abenas, tena, north shore and attends. Good thing about the cheaper stuff is you know when you’re wet lol. On the other extreme from personal experience please don’t get the stuff they put in er rooms…they feel cheap and you will fully wet one without much effort they aren’t built for more than one wetting….some even that might be iffy but most are at least decent but don’t expect much

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and AttilaThePun
As someone who gets his nappies supplied from the NHS there is no choice but even if I was paying I would get medical white nappies. I am incontinent, not a baby or toddler (sorry ABDLs).

Reactions: NotTheAverageMan, CptKirk, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
I think choosing ABDL diapers is just like wearing fancy printed underwear. Currently I am wearing Star Wars panties from Torrid. I love the designs even though no one will see them but me ..

Reactions: moorey, MegaLugia, DLPeakOut and 1 other person
Fully agree with Constantlydamp, I'm IC and not a baby or toddler... The other point for me is the - partially absurd - saturation capacity of ABDL diapers. As a healthy, average adult my daily "output" of urine is something between two and absolutely max 3 1/2 liter. What should the hell be the the advantage of. (real life) capacity of 3 liters of an ABDL diaper?!? shall I wear it 24 hours without changing? at the end 3 kg between my legs? My quite discreet daytime diapers (Attends Flex) hold enough that in average I have to change only once after lunchtime, so I need two of them in 12 hours. My nighttime diaper (Seni Quatro) holds every amount I ever might loose overnight, so absolutely no need for me for a super-absorbent ABDL diaper (and babyish prints don't make them more attractive for me)

Reactions: Lethdale, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 2 others
so, I use megamax just about all the time, usually white, but have got some blue and tie-dye one too (all the same price).

I'm usually in a wheelchair, and depending on where I am, may not be easy to change for awhile, so need something that works good.

My ex did order some AB diapers a long while back, but they didnt fit well nor hold alot, so missing the 2 primary needs, that made it to the bottom of the closet.

I used to get albena L4's and also 24/7's but found the megamax fit better.

I'm not what you'd say a diaper lover, more love them to do the job they need to do.

Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 2 others
Back