How do you throw your diapers out?

well, i just put them in a garbage bin with a bag and then get hauled out to the garbage. I've never hid them, even at a hotel i just put them in the bin in the bathroom. I dont leave them on the floor for the staff to pickup, but i just put them in a bin and it all done.

I have in the past when just using at night would bag them when staying at someones place that didnt know, but most people did know as it were to me wearing diapers at night, i was not one to really hide it, it was just was something i always had.

When i was young, my close friends knew as did my family, and i'd often have friends over for long stays at the cabin in the summer or even at others cabins in the summer quite often, that said there was always a few that didnt know and i'd worry about getting teased and then getting into a fight, but i usually would give it back just as good as i;d take it, noone wins a fight.

But, i see if you were not needing them and hiding things it would be bard to hide things, but id think a backpack and some bags would work pretty good and there is ussually a dumpster someplace.

Reactions: Woncrinklz and xux
Bigbabybret said:
well, i just put them in a garbage bin with a bag and then get hauled out to the garbage. I've never hid them, even at a hotel i just put them in the bin in the bathroom. I dont leave them on the floor for the staff to pickup, but i just put them in a bin and it all done.

I have in the past when just using at night would bag them when staying at someones place that didnt know, but most people did know as it were to me wearing diapers at night, i was not one to really hide it, it was just was something i always had.

When i was young, my close friends knew as did my family, and i'd often have friends over for long stays at the cabin in the summer or even at others cabins in the summer quite often, that said there was always a few that didnt know and i'd worry about getting teased and then getting into a fight, but i usually would give it back just as good as i;d take it, noone wins a fight.

But, i see if you were not needing them and hiding things it would be bard to hide things, but id think a backpack and some bags would work pretty good and there is ussually a dumpster someplace.
So true. And that made me see dumpster diving in a whole new light.😄😜when you don't want to be caught.
But yes, if not needing diapers, per se', the unloading times are challenging, if not heart-poundingly "Captain Paranoia" time. At least for me, since I know the type of community I live in. Very harsh.😊

I rather enjoy rolling up the totally soaked nappy and taping it back to its self in a perfect parcel.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, slimjiminy and SparkyDog
It depends on the kind of diaper and on what I did in it. I spend most of my time in traditional cloth diapers, and I seldom do more than wet them. My wet cloth diapers go into a pail and get washed every 2-3 days. I presoak in water and borax, so there's practically zero smell. Occasionally I will mess a cloth diaper, and when that happens I get what I can into the toilet and do laundry immediately. I don't presoak messy cloth diapers. (I don't want a messy diaper pail!) I usually wear disposable diapers one day per week. The wet ones get rolled up and placed in a plastic grocery bag. At the end of the day, I'll tie the bag shut and bring it to the outside trash bin. Here again, I'll occasionally mess. If I do that, I take the bag outside as soon as I've cleaned up. I live with muggles, some of whom don't know I wear diapers, so I try to maintain a low olfactory profile. :)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
SparkyDog said:
For those who use disposable diapers how do you throw them out?

Do you push them down and put them in the garbage?

Do you untape and throw them loosely into the garbage?

Do you untape and neatly wrap the diaper into a tight ball using the tapes to hold it together before placing it in the garbage

Other?

I always untape and wrap into a tight diaper ball

Curious what others do
Ye ol' garbage bin

Reactions: Woncrinklz and BobbiSueEllen
MajesticHamster said:
Ye ol' garbage bin
and do you role them up first? just throw them away loose?

Reactions: MajesticHamster, Woncrinklz and BobbiSueEllen
It's 2:33 a.m. now, raining, and I have about 40+ pounds of "buns" to toss. I don't want to ruin my good shoes, and never bought rain boots in my life. So as an additive to this inquiry, night stealth gear for wearing whilst dumping in harsh weather and prudent foot attire for a quick escape would suffice now.🤨🤬😮‍💨But right when I order the required attire for these situations, the sun shall shine indefinitely in retaliation to spite my reality.
I'm just going to run for it now and drag a pound or more water back on me as the wet rat I'm going to be. It'd be easier if it was snowing instead, but it doesn't here at my elevation.🌧️🌧️🌧️💦💦💦💦💦

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and MajesticHamster
SparkyDog said:
and do you role them up first? just throw them away loose?
I do roll them up first, and double bag them when I throw them out.

I would say like this when my diaper pail don`t have room for any more diaper`s or i notes that it starting to get out of space.

Attachments

• photo_2023-09-20_15-51-01.jpg
    photo_2023-09-20_15-51-01.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Woncrinklz and MajesticHamster
Obviously it’s a rare occurrence for me to throw out any of my cloth diapers, especially as they work so great as polishing cloths and general purpose rags when they’re getting soft and worn out, but the times that I’m wearing disposables (Abena, MegaMax, or InControl Elites) I use the throw away plastic grocery bags, that I unashamedly ask for at the supermarket, to wrap up, tie off, and dispose of in my wheeled, covered, plastic garbage tote. I can’t remember my wife or I ever throwing a used disposable diaper from our children away anywhere but a trash bin of some type and it always leaves me shaking my head when I see how insensitive, inconsiderate, and obtuse some people reveal themselves to be by where they choose to throw used diapers. If I remember correctly we only purchased disposables a couple of times when we were traveling otherwise it was cloth prefolds swaddling our children’s backsides so there wasn’t a lot of “disposable” involved.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Woncrinklz
Zeke said:
Obviously it’s a rare occurrence for me to throw out any of my cloth diapers, especially as they work so great as polishing cloths and general purpose rags when they’re getting soft and worn out, but the times that I’m wearing disposables (Abena, MegaMax, or InControl Elites) I use the throw away plastic grocery bags, that I unashamedly ask for at the supermarket, to wrap up, tie off, and dispose of in my wheeled, covered, plastic garbage tote. I can’t remember my wife or I ever throwing a used disposable diaper from our children away anywhere but a trash bin of some type and it always leaves me shaking my head when I see how insensitive, inconsiderate, and obtuse some people reveal themselves to be by where they choose to throw used diapers. If I remember correctly we only purchased disposables a couple of times when we were traveling otherwise it was cloth prefolds swaddling our children’s backsides so there wasn’t a lot of “disposable” involved.
Hi.
You mean like at a mall or store parking lots? Those are the worst.:unsure:

Reactions: Zeke and BobbiSueEllen
I use BOS bags from Amazon. They are excellent at containing poopy diaper smells.

Reactions: geka, BobbiSueEllen and Woncrinklz
I use my diapers mostly for poop so I roll it up and use the Northshore disposal bags

James1234 said:
I use my diapers mostly for poop so I roll it up and use the Northshore disposal bags
Hi. How do Northshore brands look, work? Are they see-through? Are they thin, thick, basic?
I'm asking because I never tried them, and bags are expensive.

I throw out my dirty diapers in a green trash bag into the dumpster here in the trailer park I live in.

I personally use diaper dust and then put them in a small trash bag then into the trash can just to make sure smell is minimal. Diaper dust is a miracle product. Look it up on Amazon.

Woncrinklz said:
Hi. How do Northshore brands look, work? Are they see-through? Are they thin, thick, basic?
I'm asking because I never tried them, and bags are expensive.
It's more to the thin site, it's work very good to hide the smell, I'll check tomorrow if you can see the diaper through

I just put my used diapers in a plastic bag and take them out and toss them in our dumpster.

Fold into 1/3rds from front to back, fold across right wing loosely placing right tapes and then roll-up from right to left tightly if not over-saturated and secure tapes.

Used to then double bag with large diaper sacks but have found very cheap transparent grip seal bags from my local cheap store far easier and quicker to use. Contains smell well.

Then dispose in a very large peddle bin in my bathroom (kitchen bin size) which has a regular black bin liner which is discrete and won’t rip apart when decanting to outside wheelie bin.

In UK we’re able to register for a larger wheelie bin to accommodate disposal of incontinence pads/diapers.

James1234 said:
It's more to the thin site, it's work very good to hide the smell, I'll check tomorrow if you can see the diaper through
Yes, if you look closely you can see there is a diaper in the bag, the bag has the NorthShore symbol on it

Reactions: geka, Woncrinklz and BobbiSueEllen
Back