How do you throw your diapers out?

SparkyDog

Full Time U-IC DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
For those who use disposable diapers how do you throw them out?

Do you push them down and put them in the garbage?

Do you untape and throw them loosely into the garbage?

Do you untape and neatly wrap the diaper into a tight ball using the tapes to hold it together before placing it in the garbage

Other?

I always untape and wrap into a tight diaper ball

Curious what others do

Reactions: diaperedmom, MajesticHamster, paul484819 and 3 others
I roll them up and tape them. Then fill a shopping bag and tie it shut. I have a can outside just for my diapers.

Reactions: LittleLeahx, diaperedmom, diaperlover1773 and 7 others
Untapped wrap in ball put in small bag , throw in dust bin

Reactions: diaperedmom, BigAl2, Edgewater and 1 other person
At least 65% of my soiled diapers removed when at home. I have a diaper pail. The rest I have a Boss disposable bag that I drop in any garbage or I keep them until I get home.

Roll up,tape, put it in a bag. Bag goes in a bin bag and when half full goes to a nappy/ic container.

Roll it up and throw away in my diaper pail, then when it's full, I put them in a trash bag and haul it to the outside trash.

Remove, fold front over the back, gusset folded up over the front and fold the sides over the gusset and place in the trash container.

Trash gets picked-up once a week and taken to the Trash-To-Energy Facility where it is turned into stream that heats my Attorney's office this time of year! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: diaperedmom, FeistyPants, Dry247 and 7 others
I rarely wear outside of home, unless it's a quick trip somewhere local to pickup food or something I'm likely to stay in the car for or just run in and run out sorta thing, or a roadtrip alone I did wear for the heck of it but didn't use the diaper d/t leaking concerns using while sitting. So almost all like 95% of my diapers are disposed of at home.

I only wet, never mess and obviously they still stink after a few days so getting them contained and wrapped up and bagged immediately after use is my method...

Roll it up and tape it shut then place it inside a IC/nappy purposed plastic disposal bag then put it in the trashcan. I don't have concerns about others finding my used products so that's not a huge concern to me. Surprised the number of diaper pails I'm reading, maybe I'll look into getting one meant for adult products and try it but they're pretty expensive and I might use 2-3 diapers a week so I still think my method is the best for my use-case...

What bags are you guys using to put them in? I'm using the X-Large Heaven Scent branded bags that are pretty thick but I just think they're slightly too small for a full diaper /w a booster? I can't get it to tie shut without still being exposed to air and obviously letting odors out. Diapers that are only wet once are no problem at all with these bags but for more heavily wet or longer worn diapers it is?

Anyone?

Reactions: SparkyDog and Edgewater
Roll up, tape and place in small ‘nappy bag‘ which is tied-up tightly. That bag goes into the household waste bag, which again is tied. This in turn goes into the large black refuse bag in my outdoor general waste bin (trash can for those who live 3000 miles to my west), which when full with mixed waste, is also tied-up tightly.

All of our general waste goes to energy recovery so I can be sure that it is dealt with efficiently, hygienically, and with little impact on the environment and in a small way, depending on which of the three facilities it goes to, it will help to power between 19,000 and 21,000 homes with electricity and the residual post-processed product will likely find a use in civil engineering projects.

Reactions: SAPexpanded, Seabear, Edgewater and 1 other person
Squirrely said:
I rarely wear outside of home, unless it's a quick trip somewhere local to pickup food or something I'm likely to stay in the car for or just run in and run out sorta thing, or a roadtrip alone I did wear for the heck of it but didn't use the diaper d/t leaking concerns using while sitting. So almost all like 95% of my diapers are disposed of at home.

I only wet, never mess and obviously they still stink after a few days so getting them contained and wrapped up and bagged immediately after use is my method...

Roll it up and tape it shut then place it inside a IC/nappy purposed plastic disposal bag then put it in the trashcan. I don't have concerns about others finding my used products so that's not a huge concern to me. Surprised the number of diaper pails I'm reading, maybe I'll look into getting one meant for adult products and try it but they're pretty expensive and I might use 2-3 diapers a week so I still think my method is the best for my use-case...

What bags are you guys using to put them in? I'm using the X-Large Heaven Scent branded bags that are pretty thick but I just think they're slightly too small for a full diaper /w a booster? I can't get it to tie shut without still being exposed to air and obviously letting odors out. Diapers that are only wet once are no problem at all with these bags but for more heavily wet or longer worn diapers it is?

Anyone?
A short walk down the trash bag roll will quickly overwhelm you as to the number and variation is sizing available. Find a size that fits the container you have and life is sweet. :ROFLMAO:

Unless you place a hole in the bag after closing it, the smell should stay inside it.

Reactions: SparkyDog
Edgewater said:
A short walk down the trash bag roll will quickly overwhelm you as to the number and variation is sizing available. Find a size that fits the container you have and life is sweet. :ROFLMAO:

Unless you place a hole in the bag after closing it, the smell should stay inside it.
Yeah I just was wondering if anyone knew a specific IC/diaper product that was intended more-so for this, a lot of bags at the store are pretty thin and not odor proof in my experience. I haven't done a lot of shopping or looking yet but the thought popped up while reading and figured I'd ask here since someone else probably had a solution or product that works.

Reactions: Edgewater and SparkyDog
Edgewater said:
Trash gets picked-up once a week and taken to the Trash-To-Energy Facility where it is turned into stream that heats my Attorney's office this time of year! :ROFLMAO:
Jealous
We have bi weekly garbage pickup
in winter it's fine but summer it gets smelly.
Bin just holds 2 weeks worth
which is why I ball everyone super tight to take up least space possible

Reactions: Edgewater
@Squirrely
There isn't really a IC specific bag
What I do is in my bathroom I have a lidded garbage bin with "odor blocking" bags I get from Costco. They do help the odor some. I empty this into my main garbage every 2-3 days and then that's collected every 14 days.

Now these bags are white and you can definitely see the stripes from my Abena diaper through it.
If I am out and need some more privacy the diaper gets placed in a small black garbage bag and that hides the contents way more.

Seems like rolling & taping the diaper into a tight ball is basically everyone's disposal method

wonder if that's because how our parents did it with our baby diapers and we just kept up that tradition...

Reactions: Kayleigh and Edgewater
BigAl1 said:
I roll them up and tape them. Then fill a shopping bag and tie it shut. I have a can outside just for my diapers.
This is literally exactly what I do lol At least when I'm at home. If I'm at a place where I don't have to hide it then I'll just roll it up and tape it into a diaper burrito as per usual then just put it directly in the trash can or diaper pail or wherever they normally go for wherever I'm at.

Reactions: Edgewater, BigAl2 and SparkyDog
Half the time I don't even untape them and slide them off and they go into the trash or Janibel pail the same way. I used to get all technical with them but after years of wearing, I don't see the point anymore. I will often place them in a walmart type shopping bag in the summer to cut down on odor but other than that nothing special from me. Now, if I have the very rare "soiled" diaper, that will be triple bagged. My main trash is in my garage which is attached to the house. I used to leave that can outside until bears got into it and thankfully they only spilled it in my back yard and didn't drag it down the street like they usually do to the neighbor's cans! I was up early that day and was able to clean everything up before any neighbors left for work LOL. There were chicken bones in with the diapers, and they got every last one!

CptKirk

I double bag all of them. I've had issues where the automated truck has spilled the contents of my garbage can onto the street.

• Wow
quartz200420012 said:
I double bag all of them. I've had issues where the automated truck has spilled the contents of my garbage can onto the street.
Is it one of those automatic pickup trucks where a mechanical arm lifts & dumps your bin?
I've never head them spilled out
but there are about 8-12 per bag so if one did spill out it make quite the mess 😬

quartz200420012 said:
Don't they have to pick them up if that happens??? We have just been switched to automatic cans that we had to buy and now, 2 years later, our trash fee/year has more than TRIPLED! Even with my disabled discount I still had to shell out $540! I have had a month from hell! New burner for my furnace, another couple thousand worth of unexpected bills and now the fucking trash! i swear they're not going to be happy until the middle class is all in the poorhouse!

• Love
@CptKirk
I hear ya bud garbage collection is expensive
I pay $588 (Canadian) per year for garbage pickup every 2nd week
Thankfully the city provided us bins
but if they break or walk away we have to pay to replace them
We get 1 garbage bin and 1 compost bin
recycling just goes in bags
I can get a larger garbage bin but it's an extra 10 dollars per month
or go smaller bin & save 2 dollars a month

we used to pay a flat monthly fee and you could put out as many bags as you like
I miss that system
now if the lid on the bin isn't completely closed (even one inch open) it won't be collected

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Back