How do you throw your diapers out?

I roll mine up and tape them, then put them in the bathroom garbage. In the morning this bag gets placed into the bigger bag in the kitchen, which gets put into a black bag and put in my bin outside each day. So my diapers end up spread out among the weekly garbage and triple bagged.

At work, I just untaped them & throw the opened, wet diaper in the bathroom trash.
At home, I roll up & tape the diaper, make sure the plastic bag is filled with wet diapers. But most of the time, I let them pile up before throwing them away, usually 3 plastic bag full of wet diapers go into the outside trash can at one time.

I roll my diapers up starting at the front, working back...then tie the back wings over the diaper into a cute bow-tie. My diapers look cute goin' out, too! 🥳🤭🥰

Reactions: thickdiapers
I put it in a kitchen trash bag and try to get all the air out that I can. Then I spin it several times to twist up the bag. Tie a knot in the twisted part and out in the trash bin it goes. I think getting out as much air as I can helps to cut down on the odor.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
I roll my diapers up starting at the front, working back...then tie the back wings over the diaper into a cute bow-tie. My diapers look cute goin' out, too! 🥳🤭🥰
That's how mine do too but never thought of it like a bow tie

As I am retired and only wear occasionally: I have never needed to change and dispose of my diaper outside of my home.

At home, I just roll up my diaper and use the diaper tapes to hold the diaper close. Sometimes these tapes don't hold well but I don't do anything special. I then place the rolled-up diaper in the kitchen trashcan. The trashcan is under my sink and lined with a plastic bag. Once a week I grab the trash bag, tie a knot in it and throw it into the outside trash bin for the trashman to come and dump the trash din into his trash. My trashman uses a automatic device to lift the trash bin into the truck.

I'm still trying to figure out how to properly roll up hook and loops lol. Currently, I untape, fold the back into crotch into the front, and then tape and roll forward, then if possible tape the remaining tapes (hook and loops don't stick tho).

The hard part for me though is getting it to the dump. If I can, I bag it in non-see through trash bags (screw trash bags that are see-through), and then throw it in the main outside bin myself, which can be pretty inconvenient. It's probably sus, but it's better than forcing other people to handle it and/or stinking up inside the building.

I roll it up double bag it if it's wet then put in trash bin out side, if it's messy put in a nappy bag then into smell proof bag size 24" by 12" then bag that then put it in outside trash bin seem to work the bin does not smell after two weeks works well for my hobby. by the way get the smell proof bags of amazon uk.

Wrap it up into a ball, put in plastic bag and tie it. Dispose in sanitary bin in toilet or in public bin in street.

Nothing out of the ordinary. I roll up my wet or messy diaper, put it in a plastic grocery bag, or in the trash bag in the kitchen, tie up the bag and the outside trash for Wednesday pick up. If I am at work and need to change my wet diaper because I suspect I am reaching "leak threshold" I close my office door, change, and put my rolled up wet diaper in my brief case sometimes just by itself. or sometimes again in a plastic bag then in my brief case. I throw it in an outside trash container right outside our building. No messy just wet diapers at work, but most of the time I can get through the day without changing at work and wait until I get home. There is a certain amount of skill knowing the capacity of each diaper brand I use. I don't flood my diapers but have smaller to moderate wettings throughout the day. This morning's Crinklz Fairytale diaper is wet and messy and will be going into the outside trash after I get around to changing.

I take my used nappies off in the bathroom. I roll them up and put them in a black plastic sack. then I leave that in the bath until such time as I have another one and do the same again. then when I have two or three dirty nappies I tie up the black sack and put it in the rubbish. it would seem a bit wasteful to use one sack per nappy. not sure how else to get rid of them really.

Fold it up, with a squirt of something to hide the smell. tie in a bag so it's not noticeable and throw in bin.

I use grocery store bags. I'll throw the usual stuff away and save some room for a diaper on the top if I'm going to wear one in the next 3 or 4 days. For messy diapers I have a roll of scented baggies that are designed for smelly items.

I wrap up the diaper and place it in a Northshore disposal bag. Then I take it with me to work and throw it in a city trash can. I am taking care of my elderly mom, who insists on taking out the trash. A week's worth of diapers would add 50lbs to the weight.

I roll mine up and use the tapes to secure it like a parcel then bag it up and put in outside bin and push it underneath other rubbish

Walmart bag and put it in the garbage. But my recent experience at the store where I had to change in public for the first time. I didn’t have any bag to put it in so I had to just fold it up and put it in the trash bin.

Wrap the diaper with itself at home and toss in diaper pail, when I'm not home I use those northshore disposal bags , if its messy, if its just wet I'll throw it in trash and cover it with paper towels

SparkyDog said:
For those who use disposable diapers how do you throw them out?

Do you push them down and put them in the garbage?

Do you untape and throw them loosely into the garbage?

Do you untape and neatly wrap the diaper into a tight ball using the tapes to hold it together before placing it in the garbage

Other?

I always untape and wrap into a tight diaper ball

Curious what others do
Adult diaper pail, Amazon $35.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240129_171541_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240129_171541_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1
JR1 said:
Adult diaper pail, Amazon $35.
I looked into it but the refills was more than the cost of my garbage bags

SparkyDog said:
@CptKirk
I hear ya bud garbage collection is expensive
I pay $588 (Canadian) per year for garbage pickup every 2nd week
Thankfully the city provided us bins
but if they break or walk away we have to pay to replace them
We get 1 garbage bin and 1 compost bin
recycling just goes in bags
I can get a larger garbage bin but it's an extra 10 dollars per month
or go smaller bin & save 2 dollars a month

we used to pay a flat monthly fee and you could put out as many bags as you like
I miss that system
now if the lid on the bin isn't completely closed (even one inch open) it won't be collected
That sounds a bit steep. In my area we only pay 16 USD a month for a 20 gallon trash can, once weekly pickup, recycling and organics are "free"

Back