Ever feel so ill that you use a diaper because you're too unwell to get to the toilet?

Cottontail said:
Well, first off, I’m really sorry you’re hurting so much. That sounds truly miserable, and I hope it lets up soon. In the meantime I’m very glad your littles are sharing.

Situations like that are what make me wish my wife embraced the ABDL thing just a little more. She’s been accepting, and I’m generally reluctant to complain, but there have been a few times when diapers would’ve really helped, yet I went without because I didn’t think she’d be ok with it.

The best example of that was my hernia. The hernia itself was uncomfortable, but recovering from surgery was extremely painful. Often, when getting up to use the bathroom, I’d end up frozen in a half-standing position, feeling like my abdomen was splitting open. The opiates clearly weren’t enough. I really wished I could just be in diapers. Even if I’d had to change myself, I’d have been spared many painful ordeals.
Man, that sounds like awful, horrendous pain.
And I know it can be disheartening when spouses or partners or someone you (and by you, i mean anyone) wish would be more open and more embracing of us wearing/using diapers.
It also really would be lovely to be cared for this way at times. It's comforting to imagine so I'm sure it would be even moreso to actually experience it.

I hope you are doing much better since your hernia!

And thank you for your get well wishes. 😊 I'm hoping it will be a lot better tomorrow. Thankfully, since my surgery, it hadn't been so bad like this. Hopefully it either won't happen this bad again or at least not frequently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail
ShyGirl91 said:

And thank you for your get well wishes. 😊 I'm hoping it will be a lot better tomorrow. Thankfully, since my surgery, it hadn't been so bad like this. Hopefully it either won't happen this bad again or at least not frequently.
I really hope things are better tomorrow. You've had an uncomfortable few months for sure, ShyGirl. 😬 May 2024 be a luckier year for your innards!

The hernia doesn't bother me often (it's been about seven years), but sometimes I'll be dumb and over-exert myself in a way that aggravates the surgery site. We recently got a ping pong table, and the assembly instructions indicated that two people were required. Unfortunately Cottontail had a bad case of "I can do it myself!" that day, ha ha. Ouch. That was uncomfortable, but thankfully nothing like the post-surgery pain. "Live and learn!" ("And get Luvs!")

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyGirl91
Aww I’m sorry to hear that you are in pain and I hope you get better soon and it’s a good thing you are wearing diapers for a short period it’s protecting you bed and your clothes you are wearing if you can’t get to the toilet in time

ShyGirl91 said:
That's been me lately. I have endometriosis (an awful and excruciating condition women deal with) and, starting Wednesday I was in so much pain that it was hard to hold my bladder. Haven't felt that much pain since before the cyst on my ovary was removed. While the pain did gradually get better over the next few days, I've still felt poorly and my entire body hurts for some reason. I don't think all these pains are from the endometriosis (such as my back and arms). My abdominal area keeps cramping and, combine that with the other body aches, and it hurts to get out of bed. Relaxing to relieve myself, just totally letting every muscle relax, helps with the tension and the pain that comes from tensing (such as holding my bladder). So I put on a diaper so that I could just lay in bed and let my muscles relax.

My littles are the ones who wear and use diapers. Today they're sharing them with me lol.

Sucks being in pain but at least I'm protected from wetting the bed. 🫠
Sorry to hear about your pain, body parts not functioning properly are never fun o_O.
Being divorced, I still remember my formal wife's pregnancies. Both ended up in preeclampsia :eek: and her being admitted to the hospital in mid december (both kids born just before and just after new year respectively, but three years apart). One time when I was visiting her at the hospital, which I of course did every day after work, she did one time make a sad face and showed me that she had an wetting accident, in her diaper. Not only did she wore diapers but also had a bed pad for some reason. Well she was bedridden som maybe that was a standard procedure. Anyways, This must have been during the very end of the first pregnancy so maybe the pad was for something else. However, she did know that I had some interest in diapers :rolleyes:, nothing we or even I acted on, but sometimes we talked about our fantasys and it came up, probably more than once. Sadly she never wore diapers at home :(, or it might have happened a couple of times...

Myself, being a DL for a very long time, I have never ever dared to wear diapers myself, until way after my divorce.
Nowadays I do wear and often use them when I have a migraine, I do the the really bad incapacitating ones 2-3 times a month.
Having protection does make it easier for a while, but sometime you got to change. But I can cope with that.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Well, first off, I’m really sorry you’re hurting so much. That sounds truly miserable, and I hope it lets up soon. In the meantime I’m very glad your littles are sharing.

Situations like that are what make me wish my wife embraced the ABDL thing just a little more. She’s been accepting, and I’m generally reluctant to complain, but there have been a few times when diapers would’ve really helped, yet I went without because I didn’t think she’d be ok with it.

The best example of that was my hernia. The hernia itself was uncomfortable, but recovering from surgery was extremely painful. Often, when getting up to use the bathroom, I’d end up frozen in a half-standing position, feeling like my abdomen was splitting open. The opiates clearly weren’t enough. I really wished I could just be in diapers. Even if I’d had to change myself, I’d have been spared many painful ordeals.
Man, that sounds like awful, horrendous pain.
I know it can be disheartening when spouses or partners or someone you (and by you, i mean anyone) wish would be more open and more embracing of us wearing/using diapers. It really would be lovely to be cared for this way at times. It's comforting to imagine so I'm sure it would be even moreso to actually experience it.

And thank you for your get well wishes. 😊 I'm hoping it will be a lot better tomorrow. Thankfully, since my surgery, it hadn't been so bad like this. Hopefully it either won't happen this bad again or at least not
Cottontail said:
I really hope things are better tomorrow. You've had an uncomfortable few months for sure, ShyGirl. 😬 May 2024 be a luckier year for your innards!

The hernia doesn't bother me often (it's been about seven years), but sometimes I'll be dumb and over-exert myself in a way that aggravates the surgery site. We recently got a ping pong table, and the assembly instructions indicated that two people were required. Unfortunately Cottontail had a bad case of "I can do it myself!" that day, ha ha. Ouch. That was uncomfortable, but thankfully nothing like the post-surgery pain. "Live and learn!" ("And get Luvs!")
Thank you! Yes, it been a little rough over the past few months but I know it will get better!

I'm glad the hernia doesn't bother you as often. Aw, you were excited about the ping pong table! I don't blame you! Poor Cottontail. 🥺

Yes, live and learn, and get Luvs! ☺️

Reactions: Cottontail
Palle said:
Sorry to hear about your pain, body parts not functioning properly are never fun o_O.
Being divorced, I still remember my formal wife's pregnancies. Both ended up in preeclampsia :eek: and her being admitted to the hospital in mid december (both kids born just before and just after new year respectively, but three years apart). One time when I was visiting her at the hospital, which I of course did every day after work, she did one time make a sad face and showed me that she had an wetting accident, in her diaper. Not only did she wore diapers but also had a bed pad for some reason. Well she was bedridden som maybe that was a standard procedure. Anyways, This must have been during the very end of the first pregnancy so maybe the pad was for something else. However, she did know that I had some interest in diapers :rolleyes:, nothing we or even I acted on, but sometimes we talked about our fantasys and it came up, probably more than once. Sadly she never wore diapers at home :(, or it might have happened a couple of times...

Myself, being a DL for a very long time, I have never ever dared to wear diapers myself, until way after my divorce.
Nowadays I do wear and often use them when I have a migraine, I do the the really bad incapacitating ones 2-3 times a month.
Having protection does make it easier for a while, but sometime you got to change. But I can cope with that.
Oh, pre-eclampsia is scary. I hope she and babies are okay.

I have also wondered what it would be like to be in diapers in a hospital. Not saying I want to, just wondered what it would be like.

I hear ya on migraines. I used to get them frequently. I'd be vomiting for hours, shaking, and it was hard to hold my bladder and bowels then because of how sick I was. Thankfully, they don't happen as frequently. I'm sorry you have them!

I remember the last time I had the flu, it was summer '14, and I had the wrong sized Molicare Super Plus. Had a few days off and man how lucky we were to have them off because I was in bed the whole time. The Molicare's were small, but still fit... Barely. Lesson learned. Always check the size before you place the order!!

Sending you a virtual hug @ShyGirl91 🤗🤗
Stay padded my friend.

ShyGirl91 said:
That's been me lately. I have endometriosis (an awful and excruciating condition women deal with) and, starting Wednesday I was in so much pain that it was hard to hold my bladder. Haven't felt that much pain since before the cyst on my ovary was removed. While the pain did gradually get better over the next few days, I've still felt poorly and my entire body hurts for some reason. I don't think all these pains are from the endometriosis (such as my back and arms). My abdominal area keeps cramping and, combine that with the other body aches, and it hurts to get out of bed. Relaxing to relieve myself, just totally letting every muscle relax, helps with the tension and the pain that comes from tensing (such as holding my bladder). So I put on a diaper so that I could just lay in bed and let my muscles relax.

My littles are the ones who wear and use diapers. Today they're sharing them with me lol.

Sucks being in pain but at least I'm protected from wetting the bed. 🫠
You ladies have a lot to contend with !
I hope you are better soon ☺️

ShyGirl91 said:
Oh, pre-eclampsia is scary. I hope she and babies are okay.

I have also wondered what it would be like to be in diapers in a hospital. Not saying I want to, just wondered what it would be like.

I hear ya on migraines. I used to get them frequently. I'd be vomiting for hours, shaking, and it was hard to hold my bladder and bowels then because of how sick I was. Thankfully, they don't happen as frequently. I'm sorry you have them!
Thank you for asking, but no worries. This happened almost almost 30 yeas ago, both children delivered by caesarian section and both turned out great. The wife got much better directly after each pregnancy.
My youngest, a girl, was a bedwetter for long and she actually ended up diapered at the hospital when she was 16 years old due to an appendicitis gone wrong and ending up in blood poisoning. But that was 10 years ago, and she has a real battle scar to show for it (but she's not impressed by it). Regarding migraines, I do get Botox injections every 6 weeks or so, and those really helps. without them I have 2-4 migraines a week. But with Botox, only a few times a month and they are much less intense. So it has gong from bad to actually pretty good...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Davvyboy said:
You ladies have a lot to contend with !
I hope you are better soon ☺️
Thank you! 🩷

Reactions: Davvyboy
theancientmariner said:
I remember the last time I had the flu, it was summer '14, and I had the wrong sized Molicare Super Plus. Had a few days off and man how lucky we were to have them off because I was in bed the whole time. The Molicare's were small, but still fit... Barely. Lesson learned. Always check the size before you place the order!!

Sending you a virtual hug @ShyGirl91 🤗🤗
Stay padded my friend.
It's awful when you buy the wrong size 😱
And thank you for the hug! 🩷 I return it! 🫶

• Love
Reactions: theancientmariner
Palle said:
Thank you for asking, but no worries. This happened almost almost 30 yeas ago, both children delivered by caesarian section and both turned out great. The wife got much better directly after each pregnancy.
My youngest, a girl, was a bedwetter for long and she actually ended up diapered at the hospital when she was 16 years old due to an appendicitis gone wrong and ending up in blood poisoning. But that was 10 years ago, and she has a real battle scar to show for it (but she's not impressed by it). Regarding migraines, I do get Botox injections every 6 weeks or so, and those really helps. without them I have 2-4 migraines a week. But with Botox, only a few times a month and they are much less intense. So it has gong from bad to actually pretty good...
Man, that is rough for both her and you!
I'm glad, though, that you both are doing better!

ShyGirl91 said:
Man, that is rough for both her and you!
I'm glad, though, that you both are doing better!
Many thanks for your kind words, but how about you ❓⁉️
- I really do hope that you are feeling a lot better today.
Keeping warm and hydrated 🍵 usually helps, so a snuggly diaper can sometimes make wonders 🤭 and can also be convenient 🤫

Reactions: ShyGirl91, mistykitty and StarryNight
Palle said:
Many thanks for your kind words, but how about you ❓⁉️
- I really do hope that you are feeling a lot better today.
Keeping warm and hydrated 🍵 usually helps, so a snuggly diaper can sometimes make wonders 🤭 and can also be convenient 🤫
Well, I'm a lot better today. Had some bad intestinal pain but apparently it was because I needed to poop, like 50 times. (Sorry for the TMI)! My intestines feel much better now! Lol and the pain I experienced last week is gone, thank God! Definitely a much better day!
Definitely need to keep hydrated. I have me some water I'm gonna drink.
Yes, probably gonna put on my littles' favorite diaper and snuggle in bed.
Thank you for asking about me! 🩷

Reactions: StarryNight, mistykitty and Palle
MrDiaperLoverUK said:
Aww I’m sorry to hear that you are in pain and I hope you get better soon and it’s a good thing you are wearing diapers for a short period it’s protecting you bed and your clothes you are wearing if you can’t get to the toilet in time
Thank you! Thankfully, I'm much better today!

Reactions: MrDiaperLoverUK, ajp22 and mistykitty
It's good to know you are feeling a bit better. Being in pain, sick, or some other thing to the point you can't really do anything is no fun at all.

ShyGirl91 said:
Thank you! Thankfully, I'm much better today!
I read this thread this morning hoping you'd get better. It sure sounds like it's the case. Glad to see you're recovering!

• Love
ShyGirl91 said:
Well, I'm a lot better today. Had some bad intestinal pain but apparently it was because I needed to poop, like 50 times. (Sorry for the TMI)! My intestines feel much better now! Lol and the pain I experienced last week is gone, thank God! Definitely a much better day!
Definitely need to keep hydrated. I have me some water I'm gonna drink.
Yes, probably gonna put on my littles' favorite diaper and snuggle in bed.
Thank you for asking about me! 🩷
Well, that's what I've learned, keep hydrated, diapered and that we actually give a damn and care💕💗 about each other👨‍❤️‍👨 in this forum♥️💕♥️, especially when nobody else cares IRL💔. I seriously don't know why I was afraid to join this forum for so long, but I finally managed to convinced myself and here I am, stronger than ever (mentally that is)❤️ As Leonard Nimoy's character wisely used to say: "Live long and Prosper" In this forum I actually might, how about you?

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty and ShyGirl91
mistykitty said:
It's good to know you are feeling a bit better. Being in pain, sick, or some other thing to the point you can't really do anything is no fun at all.
Thank you! 🩷 Yes, it can be the pits!

Back