Did you think you were the only one?

70sPampers said:
*Please pardon my "long-winded" introspection below. Posting long answers is simply the way that I am "wired. On a different note, I just discovered a new word during personal research into ABDL, which researchers call "Diaperism" so I am going to put it to use in this post. 🤓

After reading most of the answers in this particular thread, I think that most of us can agree that a common aspect of belonging to the ABDL community is living with the reality that when we were young we thought we were the only ones who liked diapers. It is only later that we found out (for most via some form of Internet resource) that there are literally tens of thousands--if not perhaps hundreds of thousands--of other adults in the world JUST LIKE US who enjoyed diapers as as children and still do in some fashion as adults!

However, even with the availability of the Net, studies would seem to suggest that, not only are there very many ABDLs present in the world today, but that there is a potentially large community of "future ABDLs" growing up all around us without the general public even knowing it! You're asking, "Huh? Future ABDLs?" Let me explain.

Remember, for a large portion of the current ABDL community, for the most part, the "world of diaperism" represents a harmless form of "coping mechanism" for dealing with all the crap that life throws at you, either when you were younger, or presently as an adult. And unfortunately, in 2021 life is still as crappy as it can get for many people. Thus, post infantile diaper-wearing doesn't seem like it is in any danger of disappearing any time soon. Personally, I can't help but wonder then, as I go out and about and see children, teens, young adults, older adults, etc., "How many of these people might, at this moment, be "into diapers" and yet they themselves likely do not know that sooooo many others are also "into diapers"?

I'm neither asking, nor expecting the wonderfully diverse world of ABDL to become mainstream or to become socially acceptable. I don't believe it CAN be socially acceptable because for a significant number of us who are ABDLs, diaperism is a private affair; other than those within the ABDL community, we generally don't want others knowing what we do in the privacy of our own homes. To invite the general public into our "safe space" is to invite all of the negativity and criticism and judgmental behaviors that diaperism helps us to escape from! In regards to the "diaper muggles" of the world ever finding out just how many of us there are among them, to borrow an immortal quote from the movie A Few Good Men, "You can't handled the truth!"

So in closing, perhaps one day, like the "emancipation" of the LBGQ community, and the evolution of an entire generation of folks who "came out of the closet" to express their desires to be accepted as "different yet normal," maybe, just maybe, diaper wearing past the age of infancy will one day be generally accepted simply as an "alternate form of clothing." Who knows? But for now, I'm happy enough knowing that ALL OF YOU HERE IN THIS SAFE ABDL FORUM know about this "secret desire" that I have for diapers.

Wearing diapers past the age of infancy... thinking I was the only one who felt this way... I may have felt isolated when I was growing up, but not any more! Diapers are my safe space. The folks in the ABDL community are also part of my safe space... and I don't want my diapers or my diaper community to ever disappear!

Today is December 25th here in South Korea! Happy Holidays everyone! 🥳🎅

Have a very Merry Xmas, pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and 70sPampers
Davvyboy said:
Since I first discovered I loved nappies many, many years ago I believed I was the only one. That thought stayed with me until the internet came along. How many others thought the same thing?
Humm - not quite sure how to put this...
I actually was never out of diapers at all (life-long ic issues) and had met a few others when I was very young, so already knew not the only one there. In the lower teen years, I still am not sure why me except perhaps he knew I had medical issues (as did most I went to school with or hung around for any real length of time back then) but this kid a few doors down had mentioned he did just because he found diapers comfortable, so I knew it was unlikely he was the only one. (After all I may have had medical reasons, but found them very comfortable myself) then around 16 - after again having other AB items around for practical reason like forever, got involved with this girl I can now say was a teen CG. (Some details here)
HOWEVER all through that, never thought it could be vary many - and never actually heard the terms AB, DL, or CG until my mid 20s in an internet search - not sure what I was actually looking for now, but all these AB/DL sites came up that also happen to have the info I was seeking. At that point after looking around them a bit - finally able to connect the terms, saw actually there were WAY more than I imagined, ex. So just sort of stuck around, at first just plain non-judgemental curiosity, saw more and more in common. Now you guys CAN NOT get rid of me! :ROFLMAO: Oh sure I have come and gone various sites for various reasons - but NOT going completely - occasional relocation, but no total exit.
(I wonder if I will ever run in to that kid on any of those sites, and if I would figure out who it was if I did.)

Reactions: Davvyboy and BobbiSueEllen
Never thought I was alone. World seemed to big I just figured it was rare, tho I did for long time think it was super wrong/bad.
I think first time I googled it was when i was 9 or 10.

BabyTweetyBird said:
Have a very Merry Xmas, pal.
And to you as well my "diapered friend in Greece!"

Oh, since I am a Pampers fetishist, when I saw this shirt image on the Net, I instantly thought of you! (You DO know that is Tweety Bird on the shirt, right?)

tweety bird Pamper Me shirt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stinkape and BobbiSueEllen
70sPampers said:
And to you as well my "diapered friend in Greece!"

Best wishes from the Babylino twins.

s-l1600-1~34.jpg
s-l1600-1~40.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers and BobbiSueEllen
70sPampers said:
Oh, since I am a Pampers fetishist, when I saw this shirt image on the Net, I instantly thought of you! (You DO know that is Tweety Bird on the shirt, right?)

View attachment 68879

Tweety is a newborn cutie.

Reactions: 70sPampers and BobbiSueEllen
Davvyboy said:
Since I first discovered I loved nappies many, many years ago I believed I was the only one. That thought stayed with me until the internet came along. How many others thought the same thing?
Raises my hand high in the air. I certain was one of those. I remember going to college and driving into the college town at night, seeing the lights of the town as I left the darkness of the mountains I had to travel through and thinking, God, there has to be others out there like me, right? Of all those lights and of all the folks out there, there just has to be, isn't there.

First time I found out I wasn't the only one was thanks to the internet, when it was in its own infancy. Found BitterGrey's Den and I owe a lot to BitterGrey for creating that site and bringing me to the knowledge that I am not alone.

I am indeed grateful now to ADISC, and I have been here for over a decade. I appreciate being part of the community and being around others who also have this same kind of like minded interest. But yet it has changed. sighs... And I guess the only constant is change, right? Seems a lot of sites have changed too. I guess that is inevitable. I remember when the site used to allow teens. That felt very awkward as it just didn't seem the right thing. I agree with the change to make it 18+. Yet I also know that this created the loss of a support site to those who weren't quite 18 yet. I remember when I was a teenager, I would have given so very much to have been able to be part of a support group and on a site that was moderated and safe to be there. (Of course I had no idea what a "web site" even was, as they didn't exist!

I remember so much the binge and purge and hating of myself for my diaper desires and if only I had someone I could have talked to back then and shared a glimpse of what I know now. Perhaps the darkness and loneliness and self hate I experienced for so long would have not been there had I just known I was not the only person who felt these things.

Anyhow, thanks for your post Davvyboy. You certainly are not alone with this experience.

Reactions: PDIAPER215, Davvyboy and nwm
I'm not the only one and I am the only one. Bit of a Zen thing there for 'ya. Something about something being a and not a at the same time.

Got this wonderful support community and there's been a bunch of sites so I know there's others. Kinda wonder what happens to a lot of them. Like where did ronikat and diapertech go?

However, where I am I'm the only one. I'm theoretically married and I don't want to cheat since I've been hurt by a cheater before and she's on the the other side of the world. When I got sick she threw me out and I get a Christmas card sometimes. Didn't this year. I don't drive and live an hour from anywhere even the bus stop that takes an hour to get somewhere by bus out in the country so I don't think random people are just gonna show up. It's obviously on me to do it, but right now having the energy to
do some kind of work would be nice.

• Thinking
Reactions: Davvyboy, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
70sPampers said:
*Please pardon my "long-winded" introspection below. Posting long answers is simply the way that I am "wired. On a different note, I just discovered a new word during personal research into ABDL, which researchers call "Diaperism" so I am going to put it to use in this post. 🤓

After reading most of the answers in this particular thread, I think that most of us can agree that a common aspect of belonging to the ABDL community is living with the reality that when we were young we thought we were the only ones who liked diapers. It is only later that we found out (for most via some form of Internet resource) that there are literally tens of thousands--if not perhaps hundreds of thousands--of other adults in the world JUST LIKE US who enjoyed diapers as as children and still do in some fashion as adults!

However, even with the availability of the Net, studies would seem to suggest that, not only are there very many ABDLs present in the world today, but that there is a potentially large community of "future ABDLs" growing up all around us without the general public even knowing it! You're asking, "Huh? Future ABDLs?" Let me explain.

Remember, for a large portion of the current ABDL community, for the most part, the "world of diaperism" represents a harmless form of "coping mechanism" for dealing with all the crap that life throws at you, either when you were younger, or presently as an adult. And unfortunately, in 2021 life is still as crappy as it can get for many people. Thus, post infantile diaper-wearing doesn't seem like it is in any danger of disappearing any time soon. Personally, I can't help but wonder then, as I go out and about and see children, teens, young adults, older adults, etc., "How many of these people might, at this moment, be "into diapers" and yet they themselves likely do not know that sooooo many others are also "into diapers"?

I'm neither asking, nor expecting the wonderfully diverse world of ABDL to become mainstream or to become socially acceptable. I don't believe it CAN be socially acceptable because for a significant number of us who are ABDLs, diaperism is a private affair; other than those within the ABDL community, we generally don't want others knowing what we do in the privacy of our own homes. To invite the general public into our "safe space" is to invite all of the negativity and criticism and judgmental behaviors that diaperism helps us to escape from! In regards to the "diaper muggles" of the world ever finding out just how many of us there are among them, to borrow an immortal quote from the movie A Few Good Men, "You can't handled the truth!"

So in closing, perhaps one day, like the "emancipation" of the LBGQ community, and the evolution of an entire generation of folks who "came out of the closet" to express their desires to be accepted as "different yet normal," maybe, just maybe, diaper wearing past the age of infancy will one day be generally accepted simply as an "alternate form of clothing." Who knows? But for now, I'm happy enough knowing that ALL OF YOU HERE IN THIS SAFE ABDL FORUM know about this "secret desire" that I have for diapers.

Wearing diapers past the age of infancy... thinking I was the only one who felt this way... I may have felt isolated when I was growing up, but not any more! Diapers are my safe space. The folks in the ABDL community are also part of my safe space... and I don't want my diapers or my diaper community to ever disappear!

Today is December 25th here in South Korea! Happy Holidays everyone! 🥳🎅
Diaper muggles! Omg I love it. That is forever how I will view things. Because of course there will be the petunias of the world who are secretly like us and lash out and others who think we are just crazy. Some who fear us. Some who hate us. Some who pretend we don’t exist. Many who obliviously go about their lives not knowing about this whole somewhat-secret world. Some loved-Ones who dismiss us and show disgust or contempt. Some who try to understand or even embrace our differences.

But I think an important thing that your metaphor hits on that relates to the heart of this
Thread is that there will still be those of our world growing up in the diaper-muggle world with this inside them who think they are broken, wrong, weird, alone or freaks. Those who will try to push it down even as adults in cycles of binges and purges. And those who may let this turn inwards on themselves at their own destruction and the destruction of those around them.

(I mean I’m still practicing the craft alone in my room under bedsheets by torchlight, waiting for the sound of creaky floorboards to announce my housemate on the stairs as I scramble to shove my contraband into my trunk out of sight… so who am I to say 🤷🏼‍♀️).

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, 70sPampers and BlueHama
srgsng25 said:
Allthatandthechips my wife says you are not alone just the males have made it almost impossible for you ladies to participate in this world without being mobbed and not being respected. My wife developed the diaper kink because of me corrupting her when she was on FetLife she'd get many requests a day for a guy to be her daddy or request for her to be there mommy. When I was deployed with the navy years ago she had a guy just show up at our home trying to get a date with her.

Now if the guys were true gentlemen and behaved themselves it would be different
I dunno, it isn’t really just guys making it tough, I actually feel like many guys have been really great especially on sites like this, and even on fetlife, but it still feels like maybe there *is* something wrong when the math objectively puts you as an outlier (it is so predominantly male). 🤷🏼‍♀️🥺😢. I really want to try to join in on an ABDL social scene but I’m having trouble figuring out how. The pandemic really doesn’t help.

Yes, I had always thought I was the only one. At the age of 3 or 4 I knew that I liked wearing diapers but I never really got my hands on any.

Then in my 30s (still thinking I was alone) I got my hands on a medical adult diaper, after all the years of waiting I finally got to wear one. Putting it on and wearing it was extremely enjoyable (non sexual). That quickly came to an end and I pushed the idea aside.

Then it happened, I DISCOVERED ABDL.

A few years ago I randomly stumbled upon Rearz.ca and my mind was blown. I kept digging and found ADISC and my mind blew up! I have been wearing diapers on and off since I discovered ADISC / ABDL.

THERE ARE OTHERS LIKE ME??

I learned a lot of things very quickly.
  • You don't need to change your wet diaper right away, sit and enjoy!
  • Cute baby'ish adult diapers are a thing and people love them!
  • 24/7 is a thing!
  • Sadly Binge/Purge is a thing
  • You can also buy and wear cute ABDL pajamas, pacifiers, bottles....

I believe that there would be even more members if there was increased awareness and education; I'm sure there are a lot of dormant ABDLs who are unaware that this world exists.

I freaking love sleeping with a diaper on, and other times I take a break and won't wear for a week.

I was in my late 20's when the internet took off, and discovered online that I wasn't the only one. Up until that point though, I had no idea.

Reactions: Davvyboy, BlueHama, nwm and 1 other person
Davvyboy said:
I'm glad I skipped this mostly. I knew I had a fascination with something bathroom related and I suppose I thought I was unique in that sense, but I found out about ABDL partially from stumbling across this site, so immediately I felt safer.

FatalGeometry said:
I'm glad I skipped this mostly. I knew I had a fascination with something bathroom related and I suppose I thought I was unique in that sense, but I found out about ABDL partially from stumbling across this site, so immediately I felt safer.
Yes, it was quite unpleasant at times.
So many questions, why, why me,
am I strange, have I got a mental health issue ?
ABDL was unheard of back in the seventies until much later when the internet came along.
I genuinely thought I was the only person in the world that liked nappies !!

• Love
Reactions: happynappychappy, Pelusos, tam1623 and 1 other person
Davvyboy said:
Yes, it was quite unpleasant at times.
So many questions, why, why me,
am I strange, have I got a mental health issue ?
ABDL was unheard of back in the seventies until much later when the internet came along.
I genuinely thought I was the only person in the world that liked nappies !!
Bam. Exactly how I felt. 1981.

• Love
Reactions: happynappychappy and Davvyboy
I found out I was not the only one in the 70s. Way before the internet. My first encounter was with a magazine called Forum here in the UK. There were articles and readers letters every now and then about the subject. Of course over the years the Internet has made a huge difference to how common it actually is.

My friend was into diapers at a young age from other siblings.
But it was not until I was in my 20s.
Did he open up to me of his liking diapers. He left out the DPF news letters in his house for me to look at while he was at work.
He thought I was maybe into diapers. Though I never wore them in public or around anyone.
But in my own bed room.
I did think I was the only one.
Almost all of us born a long time ago felt that way.Dpf was the first tommy was a brave man.
Then come the internet we are very blessed to have Moo and his moderaters present and past.
And we must not forget Bittergray for the work he has done.

Reactions: dogboy and BobbiSueEllen
I was sure I was the only one with these strange desires. There was no internet in my childhood and there was also no 'adult magazins' in a communist country. And I was not lucky enought to meet another DL person so I felt myself lonely. Everything changed when I was at middle of twenties, I saw photo series about diaper lovers in the World Press exhibition. Some mounth later I got a pc with net connection and now I'm here.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I was born in the early 1970s. Been. DL since I was 5 but my DL side fully blossomed in the late 1980s when I was around 14. This was pre-Internet but I knew my way around a library. I researched kinky desires and sexual fetishes and found all sorts of things about foot fetishes, BDSM, paraphilias, etc. I cannot recall finding anything about diaper fetishes and I know I didn’t find anything about ABDL but I knew that if all those other things were out there that I couldn’t be the only one that liked this. It wasn’t until the early to mid-1990s when I first watched the famous Phil Donahue episode (1991) and then a little later found DPF, Gordo’s diaper page, and others on Internet (took forever for those pages to load with my dial-up modem).

When I saw all that content I remember feeling vindicated that my theory proved true and also more comfortable than ever with who I was.

Reactions: tam1623, Pelusos and BobbiSueEllen
Maybe in the very very begining, but it wasnt very long before the "girls in diapers" google search became my jam. To be honest back then it was more likely a search on AOL.com lol. This gave me the impression that while I wasnt to only one in the world with a diaper fetish, these other people were unicorns... there would never be anyone in the same town or state. These days fetlife and this site make it clear that we're all over the place, and not all that uncommon.

• Love
Reactions: happynappychappy and Davvyboy
Back