Did you think you were the only one?

Davvyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Since I first discovered I loved nappies many, many years ago I believed I was the only one. That thought stayed with me until the internet came along. How many others thought the same thing?

Reactions: LittleLeahx, BOXERSORBRIEFS, goodniteswearer89 and 13 others
I did since I was 5-6 yrs until I was 25 before I read others liked diapers, totally shocked, relieved, scared, but so so wanted to meet and talk to others into abdl!!!

Reactions: Thalie, NorthwestDiaperDude, theancientmariner and 2 others
This is how I developed the theory of the 'freak flag' and how the internet brought all the freaks of the same flag together. Twenty-five years ago, being a freak was social suicide. Now it is completely acceptable... online, anyway. Even online, I only fly the right freak flag for whatever forum I'm in. Mostly.

Reactions: MaengDa2992, neophyte, Chosen and 2 others
ARBBB2 said:
I did since I was 5-6 yrs until I was 25 before I read others liked diapers, totally shocked, relieved, scared, but so so wanted to meet and talk to others into abdl!!!
Thank you for your reply. It is enormously reassuring to know that other people around the world love nappies too . From this wonderful forum I’m realising that it’s okay to do what we do. We are a harmless, secretive bunch of diverse individuals.

Reactions: MaengDa2992, Napincolove, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Davvyboy said:
Since I first discovered I loved nappies many, many years ago I believed I was the only one. That thought stayed with me until the internet came along. How many others thought the same thing?

I didn't think I was the only one but I sure wasn't going to test the theory. My fascination with diapers began as early as ten but I had enough sense to keep my mouth shut around my parents. I only ever tested the waters with a friend or two here and there until the Internet came along and I was able to explore my fascination on a greater level.

Reactions: Pamperzonly, Napincolove, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
larikaz said:
This is how I developed the theory of the 'freak flag' and how the internet brought all the freaks of the same flag together. Twenty-five years ago, being a freak was social suicide. Now it is completely acceptable... online, anyway. Even online, I only fly the right freak flag for whatever forum I'm in. Mostly.
I personally don’t think we are freaks, just people with an alternative interest.

Reactions: Pamperzonly, Napincolove, Opi and 1 other person
I suppose not, I was in a bit of a different situation than most I guess where I was pretty open with my parents who were confused but supportive so we went to see a psychologist who did some research and told me and my parents what was going on was just a fetish and it was somewhat common not even the first time they had met someone with such interests. Went maybe 3 times and my parents set some pretty strict ground rules about privacy and when it was acceptable and that was that?

Reactions: Davvyboy and BobbiSueEllen
TheGrimmRetails said:
I didn't think I was the only one but I sure wasn't going to test the theory. My fascination with diapers began as early as ten but I had enough sense to keep my mouth shut around my parents. I only ever tested the waters with a friend or two here and there until the Internet came along and I was able to explore my fascination on a greater level.
Ha ha ha, that made me laugh out loud !! Brilliant reply !

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and TheGrimmRetails
Squirrely said:
I suppose not, I was in a bit of a different situation than most I guess where I was pretty open with my parents who were confused but supportive so we went to see a psychologist who did some research and told me and my parents what was going on was just a fetish and it was somewhat common not even the first time they had met someone with such interests. Went maybe 3 times and my parents set some pretty strict ground rules about privacy and when it was acceptable and that was that?
Sounds like you’ve got pretty cool parents. Did you openly admit to them that you liked wearing nappies?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Squirrely said:
That is … absolutely amazing. Your honesty with your parents. Their non-freaking-out supportive if confused reaction. And finding a psychologist who was aware and reassuring.

How old were you at the time?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Blekyss and Davvyboy
I definitely thought I was the only “messed up” kid who wanted to wear diapers. It was such a relief when I found other abdls online when I was in my late teens. Good old America Online chat rooms.

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, messydiaper, Davvyboy and 3 others
I had friends who seemed to be into it. When I was 11, I ran around with a kid who was a little older than me. One day we were using a public bathroom and he told me he liked to let a little pee go in his underwear because it felt good.

Later when I was in high school, my best friend's younger brother by one year was washing his underwear out in a bucket in the garage. I asked my friend about it and he said it was a private thing but I think younger brother was into peeing or messing his underwear and his mom was not happy, thus making him wash his own underwear.

Reactions: Pelusos, Davvyboy, TheGrimmRetails and 1 other person
larikaz said:
Well, I have my freak flag flying high RN lol I don't fly it on Reddit, only here

dogboy said:
I had friends who seemed to be into it. When I was 11, I ran around with a kid who was a little older than me. One day we were using a public bathroom and he told me he liked to let a little pee go in his underwear because it felt good.

Later when I was in high school, my best friend's younger brother by one year was washing his underwear out in a bucket in the garage. I asked my friend about it and he said it was a private thing but I think younger brother was into peeing or messing his underwear and his mom was not happy, thus making him wash his own underwear.
This is what my mom made my sister do when she was a kid. Looking back, that pisses me off. Is that really the right course of action for that situation? I might be opening a can of worms here, but it looks like more proof of how unloving my mom was.

• Wow
I thought I was the only bed-wetting teen, then I finally stopped. A few years later, the modern internet was "born", and then a few years later, Goodnites was introduced.

Last edited:
For about 38 years I thought that I was the only one, then I found DPF. That day, a tremendous weight was lifted from my shoulders. I kept it a total secret another 19 after that .

Reactions: WABX, messydiaper, chamberpot and 5 others
Davvyboy said:
Yup. Prior to puberty, I wasn't too hard on myself about it. I knew it was weird, but it also seemed pretty innocent. When puberty hit, diapers became a huge turn-on, and dealing with that led to a lot of guilt and feelings of aloneness. That was in the late 80's and very early 90's. Without any evidence of others, I figured I must surely be the only teenage boy who wanted to wear diapers. It wasn't until the fall of 1994, when I was 18 and starting my freshman year in college, that I found evidence of others. It was a complete accident, too. I was just scrolling through pages and pages of newsgroups on usenet (the younger members here may have no idea what those things even are, as usenet is long extinct), and I saw one named "alt.sex.fetish.diapers." I was totally blown away. By that time, usenet was already being spammed to death, and I was also pretty shy about talking sex with strangers, so I never posted anything to that group. Still, it changed my mindset in a big way. I felt a lot better about things.

Reactions: Davvyboy, BobbiSueEllen and littlemoosey
Yes, I thought that at first too, but I think almost everyone has felt that way. Probably just because it's different from the norm.

Anything that deviates from the norm isn't really discussed and swept under the rug. The internet is a big help here, it's more open but also more anonymous, which makes it easier to talk about something like that.

Reactions: TenaciousDL, Davvyboy and BobbiSueEllen
Me! I was sad to learn I wasn't alone 🤣

• Love
Reactions: TenaciousDL, Davvyboy and BobbiSueEllen
I found out when I was around 15 or so when I came across DPF when randomly searching how to get plastic pants. I was blown away that others had this desire too. DPF died unfortunatly, and for a long time I never really thought to search out any other place online as I mostly kept my desires tame to only using a few diapers a week.

Back