Did you think you were the only one?

Like many of us older boys and girls, I knew I liked to wear and wet my diapers by the time I was 15 or 16. But I had no idea others did and once I finished college and left home for good, I found myself secretly wearing diapers and rubber when I could, which wasn't often. Sometime in the 70's I found stories or accounts of guys wearing diapers for fun, or women asking for advice because their husband/BF liked to wear diapers or liked to wet himself, or wanted her to join him in his fetish. Forum may have been my first real exposure to this, along with local SoCal newspapers that were on the fringe in places like Hollywood. In the late 70's I found a fetish supply business that sold real adult sized cloth diapers and plastic pants, and bought some. In the 80's I found one or more adult magazines like wetset that had photos and stories about ABDL stuff. Such things were rare and to be cherished when discovered. But not until the late 90's did I find that my diaper fetish, my love of wearing, wetting, and getting off with diapers was so commonplace.

Reactions: sissybaby34, Davvyboy, CheekyCharlie and 1 other person
Thank you very much for your reply. Do you think that there are many others out there that share our passion for wearing nappies?

Reactions: chrischrischris and BobbiSueEllen
Davvyboy said:
Thank you very much for your reply. Do you think that there are many others out there that share our passion for wearing nappies?
I meant to ask how many others can we presume are out there? For example I’m 56 and have never, ever met anybody that have even mentioned nappies, let alone wear them !!

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: chrischrischris, wiliawi and BobbiSueEllen
I'm sure there are many, many more. There are well over 50,000 of 'em registered here alone. 🥳

• Wow
Reactions: chrischrischris and Davvyboy
BobbiSueEllen said:
I'm sure there are many, many more. There are well over 50,000 of 'em registered here alone. 🥳
Wow, that’s astonishing!!

sinceiwassmall said:
I was 13 when I started, and spent about five years thinking I was the only kid in the history of the world to do this.

I started with wanting to be desperate and wet my pants like when I was a little boy. That immediately grew to include a total fascination with diapers — wearing and using them, seeing them on clotheslines and at the store, even just hearing the word. I didn’t have any but I sure improvised (and did a lot of laundry).

A couple of years in it all got even more embarrassing when I was drawn by irresistible curiosity about being a baby to do more than just wet. I liked that the best but it was also just unimaginably dirty and shameful and inexplicable if I was ever caught (which thankfully I wasn’t).

I was a very nerdy kid with good library skills. I used them in reading about diapers, accidents, bedwetting and toilet training, while also trying to find any hint of an explanation. All I found was some corners in psychology books that made me think there might be something badly wrong with me.

Lots of you understand the world-shifting relief of finding out I wasn’t the only one. The first thing I found, at a summer camp I worked at, was Nancy Friday’s book “Men in Love.” It had a whole chapter of breathtakingly honest, anonymous men’s sexual fantasies about wetting, watersports, diapers and even being a baby again. Around the same time I saw a copy of a Penthouse Forum type magazine with a letter in it titled “Adults in diapers.”

I was so messed up by the secrecy and the weirdness of those first few years of thinking I was the only one that it took me 20+ years after that to really start connecting meaningfully with people online. And then things got so much better…
Super answer, thank you very much. You are not alone !

Reactions: chrischrischris, sinceiwassmall and BobbiSueEllen
For me, it's was a complete accident, no pun intended! In the military hospital when I woke up, docs had inserted a catheter and told me about the internal damage, and would take years for me to regain normal bladder function. They said catheters, drugs, and physical therapy were my way to normalcy. And I had no choice being in the military, or taking a medical discharge, and that was not going to happen. So for about 18 months it was night pads, catheter, drug, and physical therapy. I was frustrated, and tried some adult briefs, crappy Depend briefs. But it was a relief not having a Cath in. In time, and as my discharge date approached, I tried other adult diaper products, and felt so much better not using medicines or cath..... After I was discharged, I continued with the adult briefs, and gradually began to wear more often, use them, enjoy them, and as time went by, went to 24/7 in about the year 2005. I have been 24/7 in diapers since, and use my diapers 100% of the time. And now I'm all in, onesies, plastic pants, footed pj's, bottles, etc..... I cannot imagine not being in diapers, ever! And honestly, I'm PROUD to be dependent on diapers ....

• Love
Reactions: messydiaper, Davvyboy and BobbiSueEllen
Davvyboy said:
Wow, that’s astonishing!!
Apart from this forum have you ever met anyone else into our thing ?

gregwearsdiapers said:
For me, it's was a complete accident, no pun intended! In the military hospital when I woke up, docs had inserted a catheter and told me about the internal damage, and would take years for me to regain normal bladder function. They said catheters, drugs, and physical therapy were my way to normalcy. And I had no choice being in the military, or taking a medical discharge, and that was not going to happen. So for about 18 months it was night pads, catheter, drug, and physical therapy. I was frustrated, and tried some adult briefs, crappy Depend briefs. But it was a relief not having a Cath in. In time, and as my discharge date approached, I tried other adult diaper products, and felt so much better not using medicines or cath..... After I was discharged, I continued with the adult briefs, and gradually began to wear more often, use them, enjoy them, and as time went by, went to 24/7 in about the year 2005. I have been 24/7 in diapers since, and use my diapers 100% of the time. And now I'm all in, onesies, plastic pants, footed pj's, bottles, etc..... I cannot imagine not being in diapers, ever! And honestly, I'm PROUD to be dependent on diapers ....
You are a star !!!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Davvyboy said:
You are a star !!!
Lyric said:
Like many of us older boys and girls, I knew I liked to wear and wet my diapers by the time I was 15 or 16. But I had no idea others did and once I finished college and left home for good, I found myself secretly wearing diapers and rubber when I could, which wasn't often. Sometime in the 70's I found stories or accounts of guys wearing diapers for fun, or women asking for advice because their husband/BF liked to wear diapers or liked to wet himself, or wanted her to join him in his fetish. Forum may have been my first real exposure to this, along with local SoCal newspapers that were on the fringe in places like Hollywood. In the late 70's I found a fetish supply business that sold real adult sized cloth diapers and plastic pants, and bought some. In the 80's I found one or more adult magazines like wetset that had photos and stories about ABDL stuff. Such things were rare and to be cherished when discovered. But not until the late 90's did I find that my diaper fetish, my love of wearing, wetting, and getting off with diapers was so commonplace.
It is so reassuring to know there are others out there that share our love of nappies. But more so that we have shared the stress, anxiety and secrecy and difficulty that this desire has brought. But long may it last !!

Reactions: Lyric and BobbiSueEllen
Davvyboy said:
It is so reassuring to know there are others out there that share our love of nappies. But more so that we have shared the stress, anxiety and secrecy and difficulty that this desire has brought. But long may it last !!
Do you agree Bobbi ( can I call you that ? ) ?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Davvyboy said:
Do you agree Bobbi ( can I call you that ? ) ?
I soitainly do! Poifect! Having worn big Pampers for the last 40 years, I am in no position to pooh-pooh the AB/DL lifestyle! 🤣🥳🥰

And you may call me Bobbi...or Bobbi Sue Ellen. I'm happy either way. But remember: my last name is Wetmore. 🤭

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: chrischrischris, sinceiwassmall, WABX and 1 other person
Goodnight from England my friends. Well wrapped up in a Terry towelling base late
BobbiSueEllen said:
I soitainly do! Poifect! Having worn big Pampers for the last 40 years, I am in no position to pooh-pooh the AB/DL lifestyle! 🤣🥳🥰

And you call me Bobbi...or Bobbi Sue Ellen. I'm happy either way. But remember: my last name is Wetmore. 🤭
ha ha ha ! Bobbi are you a boy or a girl ( in real life !)

• Wow
Reactions: chrischrischris
Davvyboy said:
Goodnight from England my friends. Well wrapped up in a Terry towelling base late

ha ha ha ! Bobbi are you a boy or a girl ( in real life !)
I'm bio-male but identify as agender. I'm all-girl when in diapers, however. 👧🤗🥰🥳

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, chrischrischris and Davvyboy
Sort of, I have a bit of a weird form of incontinence where I do typically get the urge to use the restroom but it fades in about 15 minutes and about half an hour after that I will just start to wet. As a result, when I was a kid I never linked the urge to wet with when I started to wet as they did not coincide. I recall I went to some kind of therapy to find out why I was still wetting at age six and two other kids would also be with me.

I knew from then I just did not mind being in diapers and found needing to use the restroom annoying and while I can not talk about the other kids I think the same was likely true of them though I do not know fully what kept them in diapers then again I was only six so I did not really think about it. All of us likely had autism of some form from what I found out after looking back into this, none of us got diagnosed with it at the time to my knowledge though.

I was not fully out of daytime diapers until thirteen and I have always wet the bed so it is hard to say exactly when I found out I liked diapers but there are several times possible to say when it was. When I was about eight my best freind knew I still used diapers and his younger brother was potty training and had us try to see who would use the potty more and for whatever reason, I liked the fact his younger brother would generally "Win" and wet less than I did. I also recall wetting when sick and not wanting to stop then finally I put on a diaper at 19 and realised again that using the restroom was just annoying to me.

Reactions: Davvyboy and BobbiSueEllen
I thought I was the only one or at least one of a select few up until the age of 12/13 when I started using the internet more and googling stuff and found ADISC and other forums.

Reactions: Davvyboy and BobbiSueEllen
I practically still think I’m the only one 🥺 it is so heavily male or AMAB women that being an AFAB cisgendered woman it feels lonely still… which translates internally to that old standby of “why am I like this, no one else is/what’s wrong with me”.

As a kid I figured I was just weird. Then it was just like why am I like this? Other people aren’t like this. What is wrong with me? The internet definitely helped but so much of what I found was initially so sexually explicit It didn’t mesh with my feelings, or was so predominantly male or sissy that it still left me feeling a bit alone.

Reactions: 70sPampers and Davvyboy
Allthatandthechips said:
I practically still think I’m the only one 🥺 it is so heavily male or AMAB women that being an AFAB cisgendered woman it feels lonely still… which translates internally to that old standby of “why am I like this, no one else is/what’s wrong with me”.

As a kid I figured I was just weird. Then it was just like why am I like this? Other people aren’t like this. What is wrong with me? The internet definitely helped but so much of what I found was initially so sexually explicit It didn’t mesh with my feelings, or was so predominantly male or sissy that it still left me feeling a bit alone.
Allthatandthechips my wife says you are not alone just the males have made it almost impossible for you ladies to participate in this world without being mobbed and not being respected. My wife developed the diaper kink because of me corrupting her when she was on FetLife she'd get many requests a day for a guy to be her daddy or request for her to be there mommy. When I was deployed with the navy years ago she had a guy just show up at our home trying to get a date with her.

Now if the guys were true gentlemen and behaved themselves it would be different

Reactions: Allthatandthechips, sinceiwassmall and BobbiSueEllen
Oh man , I thought I was the only sick messed up freak in the world that loved diapers, the smell of diaper ( pampers of the 70s ) the look of a diaper or anything diapers . I hated that part of myself but then in the late 90s I found the internet and realized I wasn’t the only person like myself the fact was their were many people who loved diapers and had loved diapers before me.
I wasn’t alone and I wasn’t the messed up weirdo I thought I was , just a little different as everyone is in their own way .
It’s been a long road to acceptance and I’m still working on it . It’s astounding how many their are of us and I thank the whole community for its bravery and the help it has given me toward tolerance of myself and others .

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, Davvyboy, sinceiwassmall and 1 other person
*Please pardon my "long-winded" introspection below. Posting long answers is simply the way that I am "wired. On a different note, I just discovered a new word during personal research into ABDL, which researchers call "Diaperism" so I am going to put it to use in this post. 🤓

After reading most of the answers in this particular thread, I think that most of us can agree that a common aspect of belonging to the ABDL community is living with the reality that when we were young we thought we were the only ones who liked diapers. It is only later that we found out (for most via some form of Internet resource) that there are literally tens of thousands--if not perhaps hundreds of thousands--of other adults in the world JUST LIKE US who enjoyed diapers as as children and still do in some fashion as adults!

However, even with the availability of the Net, studies would seem to suggest that, not only are there very many ABDLs present in the world today, but that there is a potentially large community of "future ABDLs" growing up all around us without the general public even knowing it! You're asking, "Huh? Future ABDLs?" Let me explain.

Remember, for a large portion of the current ABDL community, for the most part, the "world of diaperism" represents a harmless form of "coping mechanism" for dealing with all the crap that life throws at you, either when you were younger, or presently as an adult. And unfortunately, in 2021 life is still as crappy as it can get for many people. Thus, post infantile diaper-wearing doesn't seem like it is in any danger of disappearing any time soon. Personally, I can't help but wonder then, as I go out and about and see children, teens, young adults, older adults, etc., "How many of these people might, at this moment, be "into diapers" and yet they themselves likely do not know that sooooo many others are also "into diapers"?

I'm neither asking, nor expecting the wonderfully diverse world of ABDL to become mainstream or to become socially acceptable. I don't believe it CAN be socially acceptable because for a significant number of us who are ABDLs, diaperism is a private affair; other than those within the ABDL community, we generally don't want others knowing what we do in the privacy of our own homes. To invite the general public into our "safe space" is to invite all of the negativity and criticism and judgmental behaviors that diaperism helps us to escape from! In regards to the "diaper muggles" of the world ever finding out just how many of us there are among them, to borrow an immortal quote from the movie A Few Good Men, "You can't handled the truth!"

So in closing, perhaps one day, like the "emancipation" of the LBGQ community, and the evolution of an entire generation of folks who "came out of the closet" to express their desires to be accepted as "different yet normal," maybe, just maybe, diaper wearing past the age of infancy will one day be generally accepted simply as an "alternate form of clothing." Who knows? But for now, I'm happy enough knowing that ALL OF YOU HERE IN THIS SAFE ABDL FORUM know about this "secret desire" that I have for diapers.

Wearing diapers past the age of infancy... thinking I was the only one who felt this way... I may have felt isolated when I was growing up, but not any more! Diapers are my safe space. The folks in the ABDL community are also part of my safe space... and I don't want my diapers or my diaper community to ever disappear!

Today is December 25th here in South Korea! Happy Holidays everyone! 🥳🎅

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, Allthatandthechips, DLonly and 2 others
Back