• Depends

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • Other comment here

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • Generic baby brand

Votes: 12 3.3%

• Total voters
Harleyrider89 said:
Voted depends that was the first diaper that i wore but when I was 8 years old I saw my cousin who was still wearing pampers even though he was about the same age and that is what started it. Now I wear megamax and supremes full time

Depend is regarded as the first-call adult sposie favored by die-hard Huggies fans.

BabyTweetyBird said:
1979 was Attends' first year of production.
Boy did I miss out on those early thick Attends ....If they had those out nowadays I'd so stock up. They were so thick and crinkly! I was too young to buy those off the shelf back then and it seemed they were so available. Yes theres so many type AB DL diapers to choose from nowadays but they just arent like those original thick Attends ones. I wish they would make a replica version ....I have 2 from a sample pack from early 80s I got on Ebay years back. I bit the bullet at the time and spent a little extra for the vintage diapers. I hate to use them though because they are so rare now and want to kind of keep them original looking.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
Well, I have always had ic issues (never out of diapers) and recall real well starting school in Pampers (cloth at home) they actually did fit right with no "hacks" up until about 4th-5th grade (we are talking about the old plain white plastic backed fan-fold tape on ones).
BUT I don't think it was actually a diaper that had anything to do with it - more like a series of events in High school, involving a girl.
AB items around just because it made things much easier on everyone, including myself. They had more medical sounding names, and looked slightly different - but if you looked at the actual function...(example, while don't recall the term used now a bottle that was square instead of round, that sort of thing). Anyway, all through school it was no real secrete from anyone that I needed diapers, everything else though pretty much was, except for a small group of really close friends that were at my house all the time.
Fast forward to about 10th grade had this girl that we both seemed to click just fine (looking back I would say even if she didn't know at the time, young CG), came by the house, obviously expected to see diapers around, but spotted all that other stuff to. Started sort of friendly like teasing me about it, seemed like she was expecting me to get mad over it - and I likely would have if it was a guy doing it, or even a girl that I had no real attraction to, but her...It surprised me, but didn't really bother me.
Anyway, things just kept progressing from there. She even started doing some thing with the claim that I need the help anyway, nothing at all to hide from her anymore, and give mom a little break (actually more of an excuse to get some "alone time") - and that is when the playing REALLY started. At every step I'm pretty sure she expected me to object, but I never did (honest don't know why not, more and more she was treating me like an infant, and in a friendly way teasing me about it, but for some reason I just let it keep going).
Eventually Halloween was coming up, and she managed to convince me to go to a party with her dressed like a baby. At first I didn't want to do it, but she was VERY convincing - even pointing out that I already had most of what it would take to do that real well, just a few things to make it look extremely authentic, and it would be done really good. Finally I agreed.
Well, she was right, it was VERY good - I would say too good! EVERYONE took notice as soon as I walked in, but after about 5 minutes the guys just ignored it, but none of the girls would leave me alone all night! Well, that caused a BIG fight, I even pointed out that was her idea to start with, but she was fuming!
Fortunately after about two weeks, that was the end of it, not the last bit mad at me anymore, and things continued right where they left off, getting even more involved.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, BabyprinceS, GirlGirlBoy and 6 others
For me, without question, it was pinned on terry nappy and plastic pants. The desire was there from as early as I can remember but around the age of eight or nine my best friend's mum bought me a pair of extra, extra large child size plastic pants, He was a bedwetter and I was allowed to watch him being made ready for bed. Obviously I was excited by the whole thing in a completely innocent way and didn't tease him about the bedwetting. We had quite a lot of adventures in our den just wandering about in plastic pants but never any touching or wetting. It was just the joy of wearing them and the feel of pulling them up. Never really been without them since.

Reactions: Diprs2, sambus, sinceiwassmall and 3 others
I remember going back to my Barney luvs diaper box that was in my closet as a kid, probably around 6 idk but I was always interested in wearing them and did a few times. Then again I got my hands on a girls Pull-up from the nursery room at church as a Boy Scout, then I’d use my own money and bought Goodnites as a teen.

Reactions: Diprs2, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
MikeDJ said:
Boy did I miss out on those early thick Attends ....If they had those out nowadays I'd so stock up. They were so thick and crinkly! I was too young to buy those off the shelf back then and it seemed they were so available. Yes theres so many type AB DL diapers to choose from nowadays but they just arent like those original thick Attends ones. I wish they would make a replica version ....I have 2 from a sample pack from early 80s I got on Ebay years back. I bit the bullet at the time and spent a little extra for the vintage diapers. I hate to use them though because they are so rare now and want to kind of keep them original looking.

The plastic on mine had a subtle shade of pale baby blue.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
I'm curious about those Thrifty fanfolds, though.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
jamiejamie said:
My cousin’s Pampers. I wondered what it felt like so I took a couple and put it inside my underwear. I think I was like 11 years old at that time.

I, too, stole a couple of Pampers from my much younger cousins at about that age. I didn't do anything with them during the visit, but I flew home with the contraband hidden in the legs of my jeans folded in my luggage. I was a nervous wreck. :)

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, jamiejamie and BobbiSueEllen
MikeDJ said:

True but these earliest Attends sposies lacked off the 6-tab design and waistband. Tabs were plain white with the early Attends logo embossed in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Diprs2
BabyTweetyBird said:
True but these earliest Attends sposies lacked off the 6-tab design and waistband. Tabs were plain white with the early Attends logo embossed.
Thick > 6-tapes. 🥳🥰🤗🥴

• Love
Reactions: nwm and Deleted member 56273
Pull-ups I used them on occasion until I was thirteen so that is what has me go back to a comfort zone. They are basically the thing I used when I was so apathetic towards potty traing.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Fleetwoodmac32192 and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Thick > 6-tapes. 🥳🥰🤗🥴

Mine were thick, crinkly and bulky except they lacked off the aforementioned features above. 6 tabs and waistband didn't came into surface until 1993.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: redbullfiend, Rezzu, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I was always a Pampers kid and they're the nappies I most remember wearing as a child. However it was probably the first Huggies Pull Ups that released in the UK I found a particular love for. I remember seeing the advert on TV for them when I was about 6 and my Mum saying that we'd try them as an alternative to nappies which she was keen I move away from. True to her word when we next went shopping she bought a pack and I wore them on and off for the next few years. The first ones were very similar to nappies in a way, thinner but still very much looked like a nappy. When they started making them look more like regular underwear with improved designs I didn't like them as much.
In my early teens though it was Pampers Baby Dry nappies that I started buying and wearing in secret thus I'd attribute them to "activating" my ABDL

Reactions: Diprs2, Brumas94, bobbilly and 2 others
I have zero memories of what I used as a kid and youngest so I used my cloth training pants I had for my dolls (size 0 because I decided before I was 2 I wasn’t going to use diapers anymore ....). And wet my panties sitting on toilet. But then I got excited to start babysitting - my favourite diaper were the Huggies convertible ones - pull on or tape up like a normal diaper , the kid was a toddler so size 5/6 and they fit me since they had so much stretch. And by now I had money so I could bike and buy size 6 or pull ups from the store for me - goodnites were scary to buy from store since 5hey knew they were for tiny me and much more expensive than pampers baby dry or pull ups.

I was wearing pull ups for occational IBS and when I ordered from north shore they would send a sample of usually a tab diaper. The megamax started the obsession. The bulky crotch and the waddle it induced really was erotic.

Pantyman said:
I was wearing pull ups for occational IBS and when I ordered from north shore they would send a sample of usually a tab diaper. The megamax started the obsession. The bulky crotch and the waddle it induced really was erotic.

Are you talking about the all-white MegaMax or the whole range?

BabyTweetyBird said:
Are you talking about the all-white MegaMax or the whole range?
The samples were blue and one white. I like colors. Pink is my favorite

tiboonti said:
Mine was a pampers trainers, this exact one.
My little brother was like 2 and I was 10.
we received a sample in our mailbox and I asked my mother if I could take it.
she said yes without further thinking...
Kept it for soooo long ;)
I thought I’d never see one of these diapers up close.

When I was in my late teens I snatched a Pampers from my parents' friend who had a toddler still in diaper and slipped it into my underwear. I was in heaven.

It then took me about 20 years to go buy a pack of Depends and I was so disappointed. I then ordered from a medical website for comfi dry 24/7. They were great and got me hooked. I then found the Rearz and ABU sites and I am now in heaven again.

The put me in another world and frame of mind that washes away my anxieties and stresses. Love them.

• Love
Back