• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Autism and incontinence

Acepup19

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
I'm just curious about how many people here have autism and incontiance like myself.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers and Edgewater
Many! 🥰

Reactions: Edgewater
Pretty sure a good 30% of the forum has autism lol

Reactions: Edgewater, MetalDan86 and LePew
I’m not incontinent, but I’m on the spectrum (high-functioning). I’m not sure if it’s because I was traumatized, or just my neurodiversion.

I am not autistic, but it exists within my historical families (mother and father) and forward within brothers and relatives.
My Incontinence was as a result of a car crash, as a result, autism has not had a background effect for me.
That said, the number of other members here that have both imply a strong link!

Yes, I have urinary incontinence and am autistic (also have ADHD). I was toilet trained early and successfully but always had trouble knowing when I needed to go (would miss out on regular urges and only get the emergency urge) and suffered terrible constipation (was even hospitalised once for it) as a child and young adult. My doctors believe that between the constipation, holding on to urine for way too long and a handful of pelvic surgeries I have had for issues unrelated to incontinence I have developed OAB, have a hyperactive pelvic floor (both of these things resulting in urinary urgency and an inability to hold on to get to a toilet in time) and have slightly less control over bowel movements than I should resulting in frequent faecal urgency and very occasional faecal accidents. I also experience stress urinary incontinence when exercising, probably because of the hyperactive pelvic floor. I really wish I had been diagnosed with my conditions earlier in life so I could have had help with therapy and a toileting plan to manage these things, but my parents had pretty complicated lives and weren’t able to pay a lot of attention to my issues as a kid.

Belated welcome, @Acepup19! I hope you find the site fun and supportive. I'm not autistic myself, although my daughter is. I have some familiarity with it! This community definitely leans autistic. I don't know about NyaNyaMrrpMeow's 30% figure, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. I know of other autistics here who are medically incontinent, and from what I understand, many more suffer from some level of functional incontinence because of differences in how they perceive the need to go. In short, I think you're in good company.

Reactions: KBoy, Edgewater and michaelmc
Acepup19 said:
I'm just curious about how many people here have autism and incontiance like myself.
Firstly Hello and Welcome to this site from the West/South West region of the United Kingdom and secondly I’m just mildly autisim but not incontinence

Me:
Autism.
Cerebral Palsy.
24/7 in diapers.
Totally incontinent.

Acepup19 said:
Btw there is an option to make polls when creating posts. You would probably get more answers that way ^^

Last edited:
I haven't been diagnosed... But I'm trying to save up money to do so... I started reading about it and hearing people's stories and for once in my life things made sense... It was like people were telling my story

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-27-19-00-15-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-27-19-00-15-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 3
Hi Acepup19, welcome to the forums, and the community. I hope you enjoy yourself here, and make new friends also. Have Fun! (y) :giggle:
To answer your question, yes many within the community have Autism, not sure as to the actual numbers? :unsure: However everyone is made to feel welcome here. :giggle:

Reactions: UnderTheRadar and Edgewater
Back