Anyone think a lot of this is tied to your childhood?

Stargazer93 said:
I have ABDL from two things:

1. Total neglect from my mother including as an infant. My grandmother kept me alive and showed me love, but its not the same as meaning nothing to your birth mother or father for that matter. So my whole life I was chasing this as way to relieve and close that hole in my heart and soul by engaging in AB.

It wasn't until psychedelic therapy that I finally felt some peace in that regard.

[...]

2. I have autism and I take great comfort in a wide variety of things that are physically soothing. This took a very long time to understand, but independent of childhood trauma, I just take comfort in how a diaper feels on me. The softness, the tightness, the security of it. Kind of like a teddy bear or security blanket, its a coping mechanism.

So for me there's always been such a strong pull toward this since its being approached by two different fronts.

Right now I've just been wearing bikini panties and I am happy to say that seems to be scratching the itch of the autism need and the psychadelic therapy has healed a lot of the childhood trauma, so at this point in time I don't even have any diapers. So if that lasts, cool. If not, at least I feel some growth and healing in who I am as a person.
Wow, that is remarkably similar. My neglect was my dad who was just like "Duh I guess my kid is just the dumbsawz!" despite my mom totally getting it, yeah That relationship did not last, it lasted for too long but eventually just fell to pieces over thinking I was dumb, my brother was dumb, everyone was dumb.

Also yeah a lot of this is because I am not surprisingly autistic.

treehopper said:
Was this rather common, for a boy to push a big turd out in his pants and shake it down his pants leg ?
It’s NOT something g I’ve been aware of except for that one incident. And in my own “fetish moments,“ one of which seems imminent since my wife just left for an appointment…

Penter P. P.

Reactions: treehopper
Oh man, yes. My early childhood wasn't the best, to put it mildly and my adult life isn't much better. However it definitely depends on the person. I have seen Abdls/Littles who didn't have a terrible childhood as well as some who has so it is a factor, just not a contributing factor.

Something must've happened, but I don't think it was a bad something. I feel like I had a pretty great childhood, yet some of my earliest memories are of diapers and wanting them. 🤷 Who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955
Cottontail said:
Something must've happened, but I don't think it was a bad something. I feel like I had a pretty great childhood, yet some of my earliest memories are of diapers and wanting them. 🤷 Who knows?
Yeah, I see what you mean. Even though mine definitely came up from abuse, I can see where it wouldn't.

Maybe. I was a bedwetter until I was about 13. I was never made to wear diapers and I didn't wet the bed too often. I didn't really think about diapers or anything as a kid. I'm my case it seems kinda iffy.

Stargazer93 said:
I have ABDL from two things:

1. Total neglect from my mother including as an infant. My grandmother kept me alive and showed me love, but its not the same as meaning nothing to your birth mother or father for that matter. So my whole life I was chasing this as way to relieve and close that hole in my heart and soul by engaging in AB.

It wasn't until psychedelic therapy that I finally felt some peace in that regard.

recently, I even had a woman offer to have some mommy sessions with me and I am finally at a point where I feel healthy enough mentally where I didn't need it. Before I would be down on my hands and knees begging, but Its doesn't own me the way it did. So now if I engage in it, then it can be by my own consent and on my own terms. This is am profoundly happy about.

Now to the 2nd reason for me:

2. I have autism and I take great comfort in a wide variety of things that are physically soothing. This took a very long time to understand, but independent of childhood trauma, I just take comfort in how a diaper feels on me. The softness, the tightness, the security of it. Kind of like a teddy bear or security blanket, its a coping mechanism.

So for me there's always been such a strong pull toward this since its being approached by two different fronts.

Right now I've just been wearing bikini panties and I am happy to say that seems to be scratching the itch of the autism need and the psychadelic therapy has healed a lot of the childhood trauma, so at this point in time I don't even have any diapers. So if that lasts, cool. If not, at least I feel some growth and healing in who I am as a person.
I don’t have autism, but I 100% agree with the physical comfort that diapers provide me.

I’ve worn diapers full time since I was five due underdeveloped bladder and bowels. For me, it was my special “underwear” and I loved the feeling how it shaped and hugged my body. I never thought about it as being a baby even though I knew babies wore them. It didn’t affect me emotionally until I was potty trained and wore regular underwear which was different and felt uncomfortable because I was used to the padding of diapers. When my father passed away from cancer when I was 11 and even when I was going to stress emotionally as a kid throughout adulthood diapers gave me comfort and security that I needed to help me de stress.

100%!!! My mom ran a daycare out of her house and I would get so jealous of the babies getting their diapers changed. How she made it fun, and tickled their tummies. They got all of the attention and I wanted it.

Honestly yes... Likely

Of course. For me, it's tied to a lack of love, and being potty trained at a very young age. My sister's, I'm sure we're potty trained very young as well. I went through my entire childhood wanting to wear diapers, but never did. It wasn't until I was 22 before I could buy my 1st pack, and they were Goodnights from 2010.

I suppose, since age regression is a way for me to escape hard feelings related to mental illness and trauma.

PeterPPeevy said:
It’s NOT something g I’ve been aware of except for that one incident. And in my own “fetish moments,“ one of which seems imminent since my wife just left for an appointment…

Penter P. P.
While it appears that shaking turds down the pants leg was not a common practice, except for that one bully, it also appears to have started you on a serial pursuit of that practice in your own habits ... :)

Last edited:
For me I have a super early (probably my first memory) of being told I was getting to old for pacifiers. And ever since then I never wanted to grow up. The older I got the more it was confirmed to me that growing up was a negative..

I linked diapers with being a baby because of the attention and freedom of responsibility. As I was super jealous of cousins that were still in diapers, even more so of ones older than me still in them.

I never knew what age to act growing up. Near always felt like I was pretending, still do.

Reactions: KittyninjaW
Everything about me is from childhood lol. 🤣

Except this cursed body. 🥺 Well could be worse I guess, nothing wrong with it, its actually ideal for many when I'm in shape. It's just too big for me!

Last edited:
It started for me when my mother put nappies and baby pants on me at the age of 13. I had had wet sheets every night up to then. Hated it at the time…. But little did I know !

Reactions: Wetshisbed
Elhon said:
For me, a lot of this stuff is kind of relaxing due to feeling younger. I am pretty incontinent and was in diapers full-time until I was ten and still regularly in diapers until thirteen. A lot of people think about how we got here and to me it is just giving up on something so basic. I knew most people could make it to the toilet even when I was a kid and even then I just kind of gave up on potty training.

People talk about the whole age regression aspect of this and I used to think I did not do it as I never went back to being "A baby" I just went back to being ten years old. Still in diapers full-time, still having random accidents. It is just kind of chill and relaxed ya know.
I think that it is different for everyone. There is a multitude or reasons why people wear diapers, but i think that most wearers find the experience to be relaxing and even therapeutic in relieving stress and anxiety.

It's the same with regressing everyone is different, and likes what they like. Some like to regress to toddler age, while some prefer to be an older age 10 -12 or somewhere in between. Also some dip in and out according to circumstances, while others are more 24/7.

Reading the replies on here and thinking back to discussions I've had with other people prior to joining this site make me wonder how I could've possibly wanted this for so long and never had bad experiences that could somehow explain this.

I got potty trained "early" at 2 years old. Every instance of having an accident I could think of happened before I entered grade school and were linked to having some sort of limitation preventing me from using the bathroom (either school not letting me use the bathroom for some reason or having to catch a train and the train's bathroom being closed/inoperable). I haven't had a single accident since then, at least none I can remember. I've had extremely close calls on multiple occasions, but if there's anything I can say for sure it's that my willpower has accomplished quite a few feats.

What I also know for sure is that I've always wanted to wear diapers again. My earliest memories date back to when I was 4 1/2 yo, and even back then I wished I could wear them again. I had to wait until I was 16 yo to get some tape diapers from the grocery store, though.

The only sort of "trauma" I could think of that would've caused this is the fact that I was a very, very easy baby and toddler to manage from my parents' perspective. I wasn't picky in any way, I was potty trained easily and actively wanted to use the toilet (ironic), and outside of the occasional "I want this" at the supermarket that'll happen no matter what kind of child you are, I was also very easy to put to bed and get to sleep.
Once I started going to school, though, violence became an issue. It was the only issue, but a pretty severe one. My parents tried to punish me, but they didn't actually know what to do since I was never problematic outside of school/interacting with other children my age. All they'd do is take video games away, which would worsen the problem. Maybe that's what caused it, but that's a tad bit too much of a stretch if you ask me.

treehopper said:
While it appears that shaking turds down the pants leg was not a common practice, except for that one bully, it also appears to have started you on a serial pursuit of that practice in your own habits ... :)
Guilty as charged. Good thing I don’t live in Florida!

PeterPPeevy said:
Guilty as charged. Good thing I don’t live in Florida!
Those turds would be floating on the high tide from some hurricane or another ... LOL

Definitely somehow tied to childhood. I remember being very young and being interested in diapers. I was never a bedwetter and was potty trained before 3

• Love
Back