Anyone think a lot of this is tied to your childhood?

Elhon

Baby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For me, a lot of this stuff is kind of relaxing due to feeling younger. I am pretty incontinent and was in diapers full-time until I was ten and still regularly in diapers until thirteen. A lot of people think about how we got here and to me it is just giving up on something so basic. I knew most people could make it to the toilet even when I was a kid and even then I just kind of gave up on potty training.

People talk about the whole age regression aspect of this and I used to think I did not do it as I never went back to being "A baby" I just went back to being ten years old. Still in diapers full-time, still having random accidents. It is just kind of chill and relaxed ya know.

Reactions: Prillprillprill, Canadianfalls, Teddy02 and 9 others
Lifelong DL from my first memory.
I’d definitely say that events that happened to me as a youngster shaped my thoughts on dominant females and being attracted to ladies in nappies and plastic pants

Reactions: Blekyss, Ortler and littlemoosey
Similar here - I've some early memories, which I can put in relation of my ABDL self.

almost 99% of my Diaper thingy is because of my childhood

For me it was an affinity for plastic pants as far back as I can remember. Although my mother offered to try diapers to deal with my bed wetting at around age 6 or 7 I wasn’t interested as I didn’t want anything between my tushie and my polymer pals. Through the years I’ve gone through binge and purge cycles every now and then with plastic pants, but when I became dual incontinent around 8 years ago I started wearing cloth diapers 24/7. Accepting that I have to wear diapers for my condition was far easier for me due to history of bed wetting as an adolescent and my love of plastic pants. After an early attitude adjustment about having to wear I’ve found myself becoming a DL and would now consider myself both a full fledged DL as well as a PPL (plastic pants lover).

Reactions: passion4life, Blekyss, Angelapinks and 4 others
I have ABDL from two things:

1. Total neglect from my mother including as an infant. My grandmother kept me alive and showed me love, but its not the same as meaning nothing to your birth mother or father for that matter. So my whole life I was chasing this as way to relieve and close that hole in my heart and soul by engaging in AB.

It wasn't until psychedelic therapy that I finally felt some peace in that regard.

recently, I even had a woman offer to have some mommy sessions with me and I am finally at a point where I feel healthy enough mentally where I didn't need it. Before I would be down on my hands and knees begging, but Its doesn't own me the way it did. So now if I engage in it, then it can be by my own consent and on my own terms. This is am profoundly happy about.

Now to the 2nd reason for me:

2. I have autism and I take great comfort in a wide variety of things that are physically soothing. This took a very long time to understand, but independent of childhood trauma, I just take comfort in how a diaper feels on me. The softness, the tightness, the security of it. Kind of like a teddy bear or security blanket, its a coping mechanism.

So for me there's always been such a strong pull toward this since its being approached by two different fronts.

Right now I've just been wearing bikini panties and I am happy to say that seems to be scratching the itch of the autism need and the psychadelic therapy has healed a lot of the childhood trauma, so at this point in time I don't even have any diapers. So if that lasts, cool. If not, at least I feel some growth and healing in who I am as a person.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, SissyDinNappies, LAD and 5 others
Yes my mom put me back into diapers at first or second grade.
From that moment on I wanted to be a baby. From being forced into a diaper and baby pants so yes it was from childhood.

Reactions: Blekyss and littlemoosey
Without any shadow of a doubt my childhood wetting has a lot to do with how I am today. I wet the bed. Not just now and then but every night. I often wet my pants during the day until I was about 10. Most days I had a wet patch in my shorts and honestly just didn't care. I stopped wetting during the day just before I was 11 but my bedwetting just continued until I was almost 22. Honestly it just never bothered me. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about.
When my bedwetting came back I decided I was just not going to fight it and slipped back in to my soggy, smelly habits and honestly couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, wetaccident and chamberpot
Elhon said:
For me, a lot of this stuff is kind of relaxing due to feeling younger. I am pretty incontinent and was in diapers full-time until I was ten and still regularly in diapers until thirteen. A lot of people think about how we got here and to me it is just giving up on something so basic. I knew most people could make it to the toilet even when I was a kid and even then I just kind of gave up on potty training.

People talk about the whole age regression aspect of this and I used to think I did not do it as I never went back to being "A baby" I just went back to being ten years old. Still in diapers full-time, still having random accidents. It is just kind of chill and relaxed ya know.
I wasn't in nappies at 10 but more often than not had wet pants at some point during the day.

Reactions: wetaccident and chamberpot
My DL side of things started early childhood and while the aspects of my DL have changed it definitely started back then. Wearing to school is still some of my most vivid childhood memories.
I know majority of people having to wear diapers for IC as a youth would be traumatic but I guess I was one of the lucky ones who likes wearing diapers. They kept my dry & I found them comfortable and felt aweful if I wasn't wearing one.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy and littledub1955
Elhon said:

I was in diapers till I was11, had a dry spell of 2 years and then back to wetting at 13. Early adolescence was so intensely emotional that I am still fixated at that level decades later.

The Op asked, “Anyone think a lot of this is tied to your childhood?”

My response? Nope, not a lot of it. All of it!
By age 14 I was hooked.

When I was only 4 or 5, I accidentally pooped my pants while I was outside playing. I don’t recall being embarrassed, but I didn’t have a plan when I went inside. I have only happy memories of the incident, from the enjoyable sensation when I climbed onto the kitchen counter to watch my mom making an apple pie. I don’t think that I remember how it felt “down there” when I sat down on the counter, but I know, from the thousands of pants poops I’ve enjoyed since then, that it felt just fine! My mother soon noticed the smell not from the cinnamon and apples that were going into her pie but from the little boy on the counter, although I don’t remember the moment. but I know that I wasn’t punished or even scolded But treated like a beloved son, which I was.

When I was in first grade, I was bullied by a neighbour kid who followed me home from school one day, threatening me all the way. I guess you could say that I stood my ground when I got home and turned to face him. He stopped, pushed a big turd into his pants, and shook it down his pant leg onto our lawn. Later in life I began enjoying doing the same thing, but in private, at least two or three times a month.

At about the same time, two older boys coerced me into peeing into an old bottle behind an old shed. I don’t have a “peeing in old bottles“ fetish, but old, abandoned buildings turn me on big time. Once, on a solo hike, I came across an abandoned house out in the middle of nowhere. Inside, I found a mattress with a new box of Kotex on it with a single unused pad inside. In moments, I had tucked the pad in my jockey shorts and was humping the mattress to orgasm.

There were other incidents, too. My paternal grandmother telling me how ladies used to pee by standing over a hole in the floor, or outside, I suppose, and pee. It seemed to me that she was telling me that they wet their undies, and that became something to try. I did. I loved it! I really loved it later when I peed and pooped in a pair of my sister’s panties that were on their way to the Sally Ann; that was when, for the first time, smearing myself with poop seemed like a good idea, and was, in our back yard where anyone walking past could have seen me. “Doing it” outside is one of my biggest turn-ons to this day.

I was also aroused — “incestualized?” — in my early teens, by my sister, who is five years older than me. She had invited me to go on a hike with her, on a hot summer day. On the way home, she complained that she was too warm and took off her blouse (but kept her bra on). I‘d never seen her nude or even with just a bra. Nothing ”happened” after that, but many times since then my mind’s eye will take me into bed with my sister, who was a beautiful girl and then woman, a woman without moral scruples who was screwing a neighbour the week after her honeymoon. We haven’t spoken in years. Surprisingly, my cross-dressing has never gone further than wearing panties except for very brief moments wearing of a bra, or a slip, or pantyhose, none of which did much for me.

I believe that my parents, who were, admittedly, products of their upbringing, are largely responsible for my skewed sexuality. They were modern-day Puritans who rejected sex as a pleasurable but evil necessity that was permissible only within heterosexual marriage. That placed an impossible demand on me, to remain a virgin until marriage while ignoring the overwhelming sexual desires that normal young men have nearly every waking (and sometimes sleeping) moment of every day. A psychologist told me that mt parents’ Puritanical attitudes toward sexuality, my sexuality in particular, amounted to psychological abuse.

Peter P. P.

Last edited:
Reactions: CLPP, Elhon and ianwee
Elhon said:

I'm sure you're right. Certainly things that happened during my childhood had a massive influence on all aspects of who I am today, not just the DL stuff.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, chamberpot and Brumas94
PeterPPeevy said:
When I was in first grade, I was bullied by a neighbour kid who followed me home from school one day, threatening me all the way. I guess you could say that I stood my ground when I got home and turned to face him. He stopped, pushed a big turd into his pants, and shook it down his pant leg onto our lawn.
Reading your post reminded me of the time when I was playing out with another boy (not a bully though), and he did just that: pooped in his pants and shook it out down his pants leg. I was kinda shocked, but I must admit that later on I did try it myself one time in our bathroom when I was alone in the house.

PeterPPeevy said:
There were other incidents, too. My paternal grandmother telling me how ladies used to pee by standing over a hole in the floor, or outside, I suppose, and pee. It seemed to me that she was telling me that they wet their undies, and that became something to try. I did. I loved it!
I remember hearing this too as a child: about women standing peeing through their knickers whilst wearing a long skirt so nobody could see anything. This is something I have enjoyed doing myself, though never in front of anybody else - only in private or where I cannot possibly be seen.

Forced said:
Lifelong DL from my first memory.
I’d definitely say that events that happened to me as a youngster shaped my thoughts on dominant females and being attracted to ladies in nappies and plastic pants
Ditto, one of my first vivid memories was being changed by my Mom and her smiling at me. I never wanted out of diapers, and now I pinch myself seeing where I have arrived.

I am a firm believer that our adult behaviors trace back to our childhood. This is based on my readings and conversations with others more knowledgeable than me. The intriguing part is trying to understand what events or experiences in our childhood now result in various aspects of our adult behavior. Which is also, I believe, the bread and butter of psychiatric work.
While major traumatic events stand out with more potentially obvious after effects, it is the more mundane, repeated behaviors of others around us as we grew up that shaped our learning of how to navigate in the world. An only child interacts with others generally in a way that was learned by by being that only child.
I, like so many of us, look to understand where our particular diaper and other interests come from. In my case I cannot recall any traumatic event or events so it had to be the drip drip drip of my parents and family behaviors that somehow resulted in my attraction to diapers. I now understand that my interests came from somewhere and only pay attention to its origins as a matter of curiosity and do not let it detract from the enjoyment I get from diapers and wetting.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Teddy02, littledub1955, ianwee and 1 other person
PeterPPeevy said:
He stopped, pushed a big turd into his pants, and shook it down his pant leg onto our lawn. Later in life I began enjoying doing the same thing, but in private, at least two or three times a month.
Was this rather common, for a boy to push a big turd out in his pants and shake it down his pants leg ?

Yes

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy
It definitely was tied to my childhood as far as liking diapers and even plastic pants. There wasnt any negative aspects causing it though. There was no diaper punishments or humiliations.. I potty trained fairly well and on time. It was a sensory aspect that did it. The shiny crinkly plastic was one appealing part to me. Everywhere I walked was loads of crinkle. Then the thickness and hugging feeling of the diaper. Even the tape sounds werre appealing. I also took a liking to plastic pants, they too had crinkle to them and had a swishy shiny plastic too them. So all these sensory things played a part in liking them from early on . Those sensory thing s still today play a part in me liking diapers today. I always must wear a plastic diaper and most of the time will slip plastic pants over the already plastic diaper. Plastic has a lot of sensory aspects to it, shiny, crinkly and soft. As a child I liked mattress covers, plastic bags, plastic covers( especially the umbrella cover outside, it was a vinyl shiny crinkly white color) also plastic shower caps. I even tried making plastic pants out of a few shower caps from my grandmother.

Reactions: Zeke and Pelusos
I have always wet, ever since my first memory of it, when I stopped wetting on accident maybe 4-6 I just started wetting on purpose, always have and always will, now more back to accidents but almost always in a diaper or pull up yet it is the wetting that I love. I really cannot link it to anything solid or traumatic growing up

Last edited:
Back