AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather bizarre documentary coming up on UK TV. It's not *B/DL, but it's about weird breastfeeding.

"Extraordinary Breastfeeding - Tue 3rd Nov. 10pm (GMT) Watch
Women who continue to breastfeed their children beyond the usual age for weaning discuss their decision, including a mother who still feeds her seven-year-old daughter, and whose eldest has asked if she can be breastfed as a present for her 10th birthday. Meanwhile, 38-year-old Sophie is tandem-feeding two-year-old twins Zac and Molly on demand, and is feeling the strain"

dangermouse said:
Rather bizarre documentary coming up on UK TV. It's not *B/DL, but it's about weird breastfeeding.

"Extraordinary Breastfeeding - Tue 3rd Nov. 10pm (GMT) Watch
Women who continue to breastfeed their children beyond the usual age for weaning discuss their decision, including a mother who still feeds her seven-year-old daughter, and whose eldest has asked if she can be breastfed as a present for her 10th birthday. Meanwhile, 38-year-old Sophie is tandem-feeding two-year-old twins Zac and Molly on demand, and is feeling the strain"

Another one? quite some years ago their was one on Swedish television. if you search for Extraordinary Breastfeeding you can see some from the documentery, its quite something :sweatdrop:

Those mothers disgust me. D:

I say once your kid can name the breast, s/he really needs to be weaned, and fast. Bleh.

I remeber seeing someitng like that on TV. I remeber a mother saying that she breastfed her two kids until they were like 9. I remeber reading someting about breast being good for memory and that mothers may wean their children from breast feeding but still servet hem breast milk.

I was just watching "They Saved Lisa's Brain" of the simpsons and at 4:21 you see Kirk Van Houten wearing a diaper at a contest to do the stupidest thing to win a trip to hawii.

Takashi said:
I remeber seeing someitng like that on TV. I remeber a mother saying that she breastfed her two kids until they were like 9. I remeber reading someting about breast being good for memory and that mothers may wean their children from breast feeding but still servet hem breast milk.

I remeber reading about a mother who breast feed her daughter untill the age of 12 (!) for simaler reasons. However, this was a long time ago.

As for other stuff, im not really sure. The only other time I had heard of anything *B/DL was on CSI (that made me want to puke, and not because of the 'graphic forensic content'. I felt like such a freak after watching that).

not sure how many still watch zeke and luther on the disney channel, but tomorrow they are showing an episode where one of them wears a diaper because he was trying to win a skateboard. I believe it is going to be shown tomorrow, no idea when

moocow said:
not sure how many still watch zeke and luther on the disney channel, but tomorrow they are showing an episode where one of them wears a diaper because he was trying to win a skateboard. I believe it is going to be shown tomorrow, no idea when

I just checked the schedule again. It is on at 7:30 on Disney XD (Formerly Toon Disney)

Not My Sister's Keeper
Zeke is put in charge of watching his little sister when their parents go out of town, but he chooses to compete in a contest rather than babysit. When his sister disappears, Zeke must find her.

Video Link to Malcom In The Middle (Reese Rox Diaper @ Burning Man)

dub-o-u,dub-o-u,dub-o-u, dot.skatinplace. com /MalcomatBurningMan. htm
See Video @ 13 Secs - Gotta be the greatest show on earth!

Pojo said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet...The Burning Man episode of Malcom in the Middle has Reese with a couple other guys doing a kind of march with just cloth diapers on

Another Malcom in the Middle one..."Jessica Stays Over" has Reese in a box that he thinks will get him to China, and he has a package of adult diapers in with him among other things

In the movie Trekkies 2, one of the interviewees states "I did a wedding in a diaper"

There's a minor mention in the Charles Stross novel Accelerando. One of the minor background plot-points is that fetishes have become the norm while regular sex is something of a rarity, and one of the characters mentions that she'll have to try and convince the customs folks that the incontinence products in her luggage are for her elderly relative.

We also got a rather *ahem* scathing mention on Item Not As Described

MrSiltStrider said:
We also got a rather *ahem* scathing mention on Item Not As Described

I read the comments on that link... I'd say most of them came from small minded people.

-Gus

I left a comment on the page but it says it's waiting for moderators to approve the message so others can see it.

In Phineas and Ferb - That Sinking Feeling, Buford dresses up like cupid and wears a diaper. When the ship that they are on sinks he says "Well that's the end of this diaper."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaA8Yvkuf18

6:48 is the first time you see him and he says the line at 9:27.

It wasn't a pleasant mention but adult diapers got a shout out on a recent episode of the A&E show "Hoarders". The show concerns a mental illness which causes people to collect and/or save things that are worthless or possibly unsanitary. As a result, their homes are pig stys. One older woman could not get to her bathroom because of the clutter and used adult diapers instead. But she didn't throw them out, instead tossing them into the bathroom where they piled up for several years. When the clean-up crew got into the bathroom, they showed piles of used diapers. It was quite disgusting.

Also, "Let's Make a Deal" is back, unfortunately with Wayne Brady hosting. I tuned in for a few minutes one day and one of the female contestants was wearing a diaper over a striped outfit. I'm not sure exactly what she was going for. It looked like a disposable diaper.

Last edited:
ExtraFluff said:
It wasn't a pleasant mention but adult diapers got a shout out on a recent episode of the A&E show "Hoarders".

Watched that episode with my wife. Probably set me back a bit on telling her about my affinity for diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back