AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching an episode of Pimp My Ride (bear with me) and when Xzibit was checking out the inside of the girl's car he found a pack of depends in the back seat. Her excuse was she "volunteers at the hospital". Riiight.

But at the end of the show there was no mention of "Sup dawg, we heard yo like diapers so we put diapers in yo diapers so yo can wet while yo wet!"

Chillhouse said:
But at the end of the show there was no mention of "Sup dawg, we heard yo like diapers so we put diapers in yo diapers so yo can wet while yo wet!"

Lol...that would have been great. I can picture Xzibit saying that. ;)

Last night on Comedy Centreal Jim Gaffagen had a new special called King Baby.

This is so minimal that it hardly classifies as a *B/DL reference, but it involves a teddy bear and was kinda cute, so I figured I'd mention it.

In last night's Family Guy episode, Stewie transports the Star Trek cast into his house, and near the end Will Wheaton is shown cuddling a teddy bear he supposedly won at a carnival. ;)

Check it out at about 21:35 in this clip.

Hulu - Family Guy: Not All Dogs Go To Heaven - Watch the full episode now.

Chillhouse said:
I was watching an episode of Pimp My Ride (bear with me) and when Xzibit was checking out the inside of the girl's car he found a pack of depends in the back seat. Her excuse was she "volunteers at the hospital". Riiight.

I believe she said she worked, not volunteered there.

But I still don't get why she would be carrying them then.

Law & Order SVU: Brotherhood episode. There are some frat boys in diapers and with bibs, chugging bear outside a fraturnity

Pojo said:
Law & Order SVU: Brotherhood episode. There are some frat boys in diapers and with bibs, chugging bear outside a fraturnity

Bear or beer?

I was about to say chugging bears sounds dangerous

I found this on Youtube. I guess diaper discipline only works for cats Garfield

(Fine, Mandy found it >.>)

Pojo said:
I found this on Youtube. I guess diaper discipline only works for cats Garfield

(Fine, Mandy found it >.>)

I always liked that clip as a kid. ;)

UltimateZero said:
Sprint has a new commercial about their new 4G network that in the middle of it says "2 million people are sending a text message during a business meeting. Most Popular subject...diapers."

Here is the commercial.
YouTube - Sprint's Now 4G Network Featuring Palm Pre & The Most AMAZING Sprint Commercial EVER!

Yeah, I thought that was a weird reference when I first saw that commercial...when people think of random products, diapers usually aren't the first thing mentioned.

What's funny is that because they're in a business meeting and the people are texting under the table, for a second I thought that the reason why "diapers" was the most popular subject was because they couldn't leave the meetings to go to the bathroom. ;) Unfortunately, I think that theory is thrown out because they show graphics of baby diapers.

Jon93 said:
YouTube - "Lets Make A Deal" - early 1970's Pontiacs (part 1)

Go at about 4:38 and there is a couple dressed up as babies.

I found it kinda funny how a video related to cars would have a *b/dl reference.

I don't know anything about that show...it looks like there were a lot of people dressed in a lot of different costumes. I'm curious to see what the whole idea/theme of the show was in that aspect.

Jon93 said:
YouTube - "Lets Make A Deal" - early 1970's Pontiacs (part 1)

Go at about 4:38 and there is a couple dressed up as babies.

I found it kinda funny how a video related to cars would have a *b/dl reference.

teddy564339 said:
I don't know anything about that show...it looks like there were a lot of people dressed in a lot of different costumes. I'm curious to see what the whole idea/theme of the show was in that aspect.

During the beginning of the show the host would randomly, I believe, pick contestants out of the lower section of seats and give them either cash, or a prize. He would then offer to Make a Deal. They would trade their prize for some other, unknown prize. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. At the end of the show, one or two of the big winners would be offered to trade their prizes for one of three big prizes, usually cars, trips, that sort of thing, but one of the three was always worth less than what they had.

The story goes, and I am not sure if it is true, that one day someone showed up in costume, and the host thought that was interesting and chose him or her. Once this got around, more and more people began wearing costumes, until everyone did.

Often enough for me to remember the cheap were adult sized baby furniture, complete with costumed girl. I always wanted to win those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back