avery
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• =-)

*one of the greatest bearhugs Titus have mustered in his entire corporal existence* (!)
    I'll take note, to take a helmet with me next time. To be able to withstand him coming onto me.
    I'm sorry to belatedly inform you that Peachy's light fixture isn't monogamous. I had a few dates with it too.
    New Radiohead album:

Radiohead - The King of Limbs (320).zip

It's... very strange.
    Ok, went and got some new stings. I asked about the twanging and the guy in the store says I should just cut a piece off a credit card and stick it under the bridge. So I'll do that.

I learned most of this song last night, but that's not much of a feat, really :p
    I'm only going like 10 mph over the speed limit :(

I would be going like 90 miles an hour but my acid dealer got busted and I haven't found a good one since.
    Did you like it? They've been one of my favorites for a year or so now. Sometimes it helps to use the related bands search in iTunes :)

They're fun to listen to while I'm speeding in my dilapidated old car :D

I figured you might know which sites were best, but now that I think about it, it doesn't make much sense. I'll just compare them. I'll let you know what happens - I'll try and go tomorrow, but I also plan to start selling blood plasma tomorrow so I might be too tired or too late :Y
    Also, mine only went for the first 5 strings, and I had to remember the 6th. Thanks for making my brain lazier :D
    Buh. Could you find me a decent guide for how to choose strings, and fix all this stuff? I'd mess around with it but I've had viola strings snap on me in 4th grade so I feel I'm cursed when it comes to strings!
    This is what I have in mind `-`
    YouTube - Circus Maximus - Abyss

Not really. Kind of. I mean, I want to get to the point where I can do stuff like that, but I know I need to learn simpler songs. And like I said, there are songs like this I'd like to learn:

YouTube - Andrew Bird - "Skin Is, My" (HQ)

I'll try the paper trick. Seems like, after just plucking through a few notes, A and D strings are buzzing no matter what, and it gets progressively buzzier (that is a word, Firefox) as I go down the board. Still not sure on the terminology of everything (I only remember the string names because of an inappropriate mnemonic I made), though. What's the nut? The white things at the bottom of the strings?
    What brought it on? I don't know really, I've wanted to compose some music but didn't feel that clarinet was something I felt like doing as a solo activity. There's some good music composed already but it's not the type of thing I wanted to do. I figured acoustic would probably be cheaper, but the guitar I have it pretty terrible. I don't know if it's a combination of that and me being a noob, but it's all twangy and buzzy and I don't know how to fix it in a way that wouldn't cost a ton of money.

There are only a few songs I can think of that I'd want to play at the moment and they seem kind of hard. Anyway, I'll keep playing the chromatic scale for a little while :p
    Recently started playing guitar. :)

I found a site that has some nice steps but I don't know if I'm taking it too fast, learning all this stuff before even learning how to properly pick:
    Guitar Lesson One - Music

Any tips for me, the noobling guitarist?
    G
    Awwww. But it fits in so well with the whole Maytricks thing. :p
    S
    I thought I sent my request to maytricks. Maybe I got you mixed up. Not sure. Anyway, I'm still waiting to join that one. I've joined a few others with no probs, which is why I thought SMD might be invitation only.
    S
    Hi. I'd like to join the Seattle Meet Discussion group. I didn't see a link to join, so I'm guessing it's by invite only? If so, would you be so kind as to invite/allow me to join. Thx :)!
    D
    "why you're nothing but a pack of cards"

I sooooo love the alice stories too!
    Also, I've been meaning to ask you, for next June I've laid some semi solid plans to attend and march at "The International Four Day Marches Nijmegen". Would that be something you might be interested in doing? (After marching across Japan, I wager it would be the equivalent to tying your shoelaces to you). Martin said that he would want to meet up there also. No need to commit to anything though, I'm just hurling that idea out in the open.
    Please believe me when I tell you that that is on my "Things to do" list, and its marked as extremely urgent. I need an adventure like that, I need it like I need enough air to breath or food to eat. Plus, being able to meet you is a bloody effective incentive to get of my arse and finally trudge out that door. :)
    However, not to cheapen my previous statements but both time and finance definitely stands in my way for the foreseeable future. I won't bore you with details, unless you ask for them, but I promise at some time or another I will definitely get myself over the great pond!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back