Who makes the best plastic pants?

Littlebabymikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello, I’ve tried out a lot of different brands of plastic and rubber pants. Some were small and barely fit over my cloth diaper. Some had cute designs crinkle, but only lasted a few months before cracks and rips. I was wondering what type of plastic pants do you all wear, and also how do you care for them?

Reactions: Woncrinklz, DBabygirl2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Babykins

• Love
Reactions: leafgoalie, Rusher, WBxx and 5 others
I've had very good luck with Fetware

Reactions: Edgewater
ik02 said:
I have tried their rubber pants got a good 3-4 years out of them. Any ones you recommend particularl?

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, Angelapinks and Edgewater
BuffedBaby said:
I’ll check them out

I've had my Garywear plastic pants for years. Probably 6 years.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, tempestcd, dbcl92 and 3 others
Simply "google" adult plastic pants. They're everywhere. From vinyl to Pul pants.

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Edgewater
I’ll continue to throw Haian’s hat in the ring of best plastic pants (especially for the money) although I feel like a bit of a hypocrite as I’ve been wearing primarily those plastic pants from Protex Medical. They’re cut a bit fuller in the rear which allows them to cover my night weight prefold, folded terry bath towel as a soaker, and my folded terry hand towel as a liner. The Haian pants are great for use with cloth contours and cover well even with the two added terry towels, but lack the room in the seat to cover a night weight prefold with the same terry towels so the contours and the Haians get used together and the Protex Medical pants get used with the prefolds.

Reactions: leafgoalie, TheDideeboy, ILuvDiapers and 3 others
Clearly, this subject is highly subjective as each individual have their favorite brand and because their use runs everywhere from occasional to daily. Add, the vast variation in care (washing /drying) and the life of the product for each individual will be different. And, let-us not for get the Fetish Factor that comes with the various materials, colors, thickness and the vast variation in prints, which can and does come into play. I also add the comfort factor as the elastic bands can be very uncomfortable.

I have well over a year's use of Northshore's Trifecta diaper cover which I use to cover both NS's MEGAMAX disposable diapers (night-time) and cloth, pre-folded diapers (daytime).

Reactions: Rusher, Woncrinklz, Babybub and 4 others
If you want them for performance over appearance then I’d suggest Kins plastic pants.

Reactions: skylanderpamp, Littlebabymikey, DLPeakOut and 1 other person
Last edited:
Reactions: WBxx, Edgewater, Chrissie and 2 others
I've been wearing plastic panties most of my life, so I have much to say on this. Firstly, when you use the term "plastic pants," I interpret you to mean 100% PVC (vinyl) plastic. I refuse to wear anything else, so that's all I know. As for what is "best" - well, that's a big question. The short answer is, "It depends." (No pun intended, of course.) Question: How and when do you want to wear them?

If you're wearing an incon brief or pad in your underwear during the day, you can get away with a snug fit, a brief or low-rise cut. However, if you're wearing a proper diaper, you'll want something more generous, perhaps even with a higher rise. I usually wear cloth diapers to bed every night, for which I recommend a plastic pant with a fuller cut. This allows breathability and slightly better leakage protection. However, a garment of that type and size is difficult to hide under street-clothes.

Consider also plastic thickness. Thickness is measured in thousandths of an inch. One thousandth of an inch is one MIL. Most adult plastic pants generally run in the 3-mil to 8-mil range. Personally, I find 3-mil to be much too flimsy, and susceptible to puncturing or tearing. Four-mil is about the minimum for durability, especially if you are physically active. Personally, I prefer a 7- or 8-mil thickness but I understand that many people find that thickness uncomfortable. To each his own; you'll just have to experiment until you discover what feels best on you.

ADVICE:

1) Be careful about Asian vendors (e.g., Haian), and make sure to scrutinize their size-charts very carefully. To this end, and especially for us Yankees, make it a point to familiarize yourself with the Metric System, and learn what a centimeter is. Asian ready-to-wear stock sizes often run much smaller than in the West. An ill-informed size choice can lead to a pant that doesn't fit, and you can't return those garments, which means You Eat The Cost!

2) Fetware (www.fetware.com) went out of business some time ago when the proprietor(s) retired. This was a bitter, bitter loss. Some of my favorite plastic panties I bought from Fetware and these are now irreplaceable. Accursèd!

3) Cleaning: My own practice is to handwash my plastic pants in either Woolite or Dreft, rinse thoroughly and hang indoors to air dry. Do not use chlorine bleach or excessive detergents for these will break down the PVC. Do not use a heated mechanical dryer.

If you need additional advice, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jinks, TheDideeboy, tempestcd and 10 others
Fetware does not exist anymore.

Reactions: Littlebabymikey and Edgewater
Gary Manufacturing has a large variety that are sold by other companies (e.g Adult Cloth Diaper). Babykins pants are also very good. No plastic pant will last very long with regular wear. My Gary pants last about 3 to 4 months until they start getting too cracked and stiff and eventually get tears in them.

It’s trial and error to find what fits you. Never buy more than one during the trial period and measure your waist and legs carefully. Ideally you want to be exactly in the middle of the range for a particular size.

Reactions: DLBIG, Edgewater and chuck
jbond007 said:
I've been wearing plastic panties most of my life, so I have much to say on this. Firstly, when you use the term "plastic pants," I interpret you to mean 100% PVC (vinyl) plastic. I refuse to wear anything else, so that's all I know. As for what is "best" - well, that's a big question. The short answer is, "It depends." (No pun intended, of course.) Question: How and when do you want to wear them?

If you're wearing an incon brief or pad in your underwear during the day, you can get away with a snug fit, a brief or low-rise cut. However, if you're wearing a proper diaper, you'll want something more generous, perhaps even with a higher rise. I usually wear cloth diapers to bed every night, for which I recommend a plastic pant with a fuller cut. This allows breathability and slightly better leakage protection. However, a garment of that type and size is difficult to hide under street-clothes.

Consider also plastic thickness. Thickness is measured in thousandths of an inch. One thousandth of an inch is one MIL. Most adult plastic pants generally run in the 3-mil to 8-mil range. Personally, I find 3-mil to be much too flimsy, and susceptible to puncturing or tearing. Four-mil is about the minimum for durability, especially if you are physically active. Personally, I prefer a 7- or 8-mil thickness but I understand that many people find that thickness uncomfortable. To each his own; you'll just have to experiment until you discover what feels best on you.

ADVICE:

1) Be careful about Asian vendors (e.g., Haian), and make sure to scrutinize their size-charts very carefully. To this end, and especially for us Yankees, make it a point to familiarize yourself with the Metric System, and learn what a centimeter is. Asian ready-to-wear stock sizes often run much smaller than in the West. An ill-informed size choice can lead to a pant that doesn't fit, and you can't return those garments, which means You Eat The Cost!

2) Fetware (www.fetware.com) went out of business some time ago when the proprietor(s) retired. This was a bitter, bitter loss. Some of my favorite plastic panties I bought from Fetware and these are now irreplaceable. Accursèd!

3) Cleaning: My own practice is to handwash my plastic pants in either Woolite or Dreft, rinse thoroughly and hang indoors to air dry. Do not use chlorine bleach or excessive detergents for these will break down the PVC. Do not use a heated mechanical dryer.

If you need additional advice, please feel free to PM me.
Great advise thanks

Reactions: tempestcd and Edgewater
I think BabyKins, incontroldiapers and Protex Medical offer good range of plastic pants. If your lookong for greater diversity you can visit Save elExpress in Germany. They have an extensive factory full of choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlebabymikey and Edgewater
BuffedBaby said:
Bear in mind that Fetware closed this summer. Several vendors offer Gary plastic pants, which comprised most of Fetware's offerings. I have lots of Gary pants, both full and bikini-cut; quite a few from InControl, and some from Haian, as well as a scattering of other stuff...I've been a plastic pants lover for years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz, DLBIG and Edgewater
To all posters who referenced my post about Fetware, I'm sorry I missed their closing.
They were great to deal with and had great product quality and selection. Since I
switched to disposables many years ago I haven't needed plastic pants for some time.
I will cherish my Fetware plastic pants though.

Reactions: Littlebabymikey, vp39 and Edgewater
I am a really big fan of Kinky diapers latex pants.
They seem expensive, but they last much longer than most of PVC-pants wich in the end makes them very cost-effective.
I also really like the touch of the surface-treated Latex . They have different cuts for very wide diapers or more sneak cuts wich give them the ideal shape to wear over Pads or diapers on a daily basis.

#Inkoswiss #kinkydiaper

Reactions: Rusher, InkoBubi, DLPeakOut and 2 others
Back