Which would be more embarrassing as an older child? Wearing Diapers or Getting Your Diapers Changed or Both.

Which would be more embarrassing as an older child? Wearing Diapers or Getting Your Diapers Changed

• Wearing Diapers

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Getting Your Diapers Changed.

Votes: 168 68.6%
  • Both

Votes: 74 30.2%

• Total voters
AJFan2020 said:
Given the choice standing diaper changes are much less embarrassing.
Especially if the child can change a pull-up by him or herself. My biggest attraction to Goodnites, and other similar underpants. Protection + Independence.

Last edited:
12srepaid said:
I think getting my diapers changed would be more embarrassing than just wearing diapers.
Ditto. I like the way you think!

Reactions: Palle, mistykitty and 12srepaid
Changed for sure I remember up until about I was 10 my parents made I rule with me because I have really bad bladder issues from a mishap in a surgery when i was one that on week days u can change yourself but on weekends it’s whoever wants to do it with mom and’s permission can soo I was never allowed to where anything covering the diaper during weekends either (just inside our neighborhood) I remember one Christmas she sat me on a really heavy unopened present and changed me there I still have photos from that

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and 12srepaid
littebabby said:
Changed for sure I remember up until about I was 10 my parents made I rule with me because I have really bad bladder issues from a mishap in a surgery when i was one that on week days u can change yourself but on weekends it’s whoever wants to do it with mom and’s permission can soo I was never allowed to where anything covering the diaper during weekends either (just inside our neighborhood) I remember one Christmas she sat me on a really heavy unopened present and changed me there I still have photos from that
That's really sad that your parents treated you that way, especially after a surgery mishap. :(

Last edited:
Being changed would certainly be more embarrassing. Growing up I struggled with both daytime accidents as well as bedwetting, but my parents bought me pull-ups/ goodnites and changing was my responsibility. I would've been mortified if my mom or dad had to change my diaper like a baby.

Reactions: wetaccident and 12srepaid
12srepaid said:
That's really sad that your parents were like that, especially after a surgery mishap. :(
I agreed to it because because the gave me a choice that or where to school and they put me in the special needs program and i was about 5 when they asked me that question because i didn’t want to lose all my friends and get made fun at school and my to older siblings help make the decision cause i wanted to see them and they wanted to see me soo ya

Reactions: cmon6969
Hell2DaNaw said:
Being changed would certainly be more embarrassing. Growing up I struggled with both daytime accidents as well as bedwetting, but my parents bought me pull-ups/ goodnites and changing was my responsibility. I would've been mortified if my mom or dad had to change my diaper like a baby.
I had the same problems, but Goodnites were not even thought of. I had to deal with a wet bed and clothes. Mom would be called to be a clean pair of clothes to school.

Reactions: wetaccident
littebabby said:
I agreed to it because because the gave me a choice that or where to school and they put me in the special needs program and i was about 5 when they asked me that question because i didn’t want to lose all my friends and get made fun at school and my to older siblings help make the decision cause i wanted to see them and they wanted to see me soo ya
I understand, but the weekend treatments still seems pretty harsh.

AJFan2020 said:
Given the choice standing diaper changes are much less embarrassing.
That's really not how I remember it.
During the day I sometimes sat on a fresh diaper that my mother had spread out on one of her knees, while she was sitting on the toilet lid or whatever. Me facing the same direction as she did.
This was very efficient and less embarrassing than standing up. At least as I remember it.
Even less embarrassing was being diapered in bed for bedtime. But since I was a bedwetter that tas routine, daytime not so much, I had a small bladder so I sometimes needed protection until I was 10 or 11...

But absolutely, changing was much more embarrassing since it was a proof you you not only wearing a diaper, as in my case "just in case", you did so because you did need it. I felt so ashamed when I wet myself, and even more when I was changed...

Last edited:
I mean it's kind of a situational question in a way but I had to vote for getting changed for similar reasons stated before. Wearing it isn't seen and is unnoticed. Changing is in view at least to some extent no matter how you do it.

12srepaid said:
I understand, but the weekend treatments still seems pretty harsh.
That’s who they are your typical strict Cristian parents I still love them to this day ones still with us the other one isn’t soo ya remember having to get a pizza for my mom once in a diaper and my dad’s oversized shirt that was fun another time I remember was when my mom invited a friend over for some whine I asked to cover up she said yes but only if I willing to wait till she finished talking and finished her drink soo she changed me on the couch right there infront of everyone

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Diaper2023 and 12srepaid
littebabby said:
That’s who they are your typical strict Cristian parents I still love them to this day ones still with us the other one isn’t soo ya remember having to get a pizza for my mom once in a diaper and my dad’s oversized shirt that was fun another time I remember was when my mom invited a friend over for some whine I asked to cover up she said yes but only if I willing to wait till she finished talking and finished her drink soo she changed me on the couch right there infront of everyone
Were you able to use the toilet for No #2's? Which diapers did you have to wear?

12srepaid said:
Were you able to use the toilet for No #2's? Which diapers did you have to wear?
I can’t remember if I did or didn’t I wor i believe Huggies

Reactions: 12srepaid
Getting a diaper change in public would definitely be more embarrassing as an older kid. Wearing one would be embarrassing if bending over exposed the top of the diaper to like another kid.

Reactions: jamiejamie, 12srepaid and mistykitty
JazzBaby said:
Getting a diaper change in public would definitely be more embarrassing as an older kid. Wearing one would be embarrassing if bending over exposed the top of the diaper to like another kid.
Yup. Kids are just the cruelest people!
That’s cause they’re immature

Both are pretty bad embarrassing for kids but at varying degrees. Getting changed when you're older makes sense for being the worse of the two given kids alreaedy associated diapers with being a baby, adding on the fact that you cant even deal with your own clothing just adds more humiliation to it.

jamiejamie said:
Yup. Kids are just the cruelest people!
That’s cause they’re immature
I would say brutally honest and talking without thinking of, or even knowing, the consequences due to lack of experience.
But sometimes those brats are just cruel because they can, and never did get any common sense from their parents...

Last edited:
Reactions: 12srepaid and jamiejamie
Palle said:
I would say brutally honest and talking without thinking of, or even knowing, the consequences due to lack of experience.
But sometimes those brats are just cruel because they can, and never did get any common sense from their parents...
.....and that's only if the parents had any common sense.

In other words there is more to it, than just labeling kids as cruel.

Last edited:
12srepaid said:
.....and that's only if the parents had any common sense.

In other words there is more to it, than just labeling kids as cruel.
It was implied, but yes, very true...

There were these 3 girls at my elementary school that wore diapers. 2 of them in wheelchairs and 1 with a limpy leg. Always heard her diaper crinkle whenever she walked and it was always something I liked hearing. They all went throughout the day to the nurses office to get their diapers changed, but 4th and 5th grade me couldn't comprehend that because the subject of diapers was totally unknown to me. The class we were in could all hear her diaper crinkle, but never saw it except me one day when I saw one of the wheelchair bound girl stuffing her backpack full of diapers. I only caught a glimpse of it, but I knew they were white diapers of plastic in there because this was in the 90s. I don't think they made any cloth backed diapers for 10 year old kids back then. I know she was embarrassed from me looking at the spectacle but I couldn't help it. I was totally fixated on anything that had to do with diapers. This was from a time where my desire for diapers was on the back burner, but still on my mind and whenever I saw one, it was like a glowing treasure chest in an RPG. It's so sad I couldn't have one at all ever growing up. I had to wait till I was around 23 or 24 to finally get my own. this was years and years of suppressing my strong as ever desire for just one little diaper.

I used to watch my young cousin get his diaper changed my my aunt whenever we were together. I didn't know why, but I just wanted the same treatment too. From what little I can remember, my changes were harsh, and I remember crying a lot. Could've been from rashes, or my mom wiping me too hard, but whenever I saw my aunt changing her son, it was always joyous and full of love and care. Something I was never shown. That's probably why I was always drawn to it. I just wanted the same love she showed her kids.

Reactions: knottylego
Back