Which would be more embarrassing as an older child? Wearing Diapers or Getting Your Diapers Changed or Both.

Which would be more embarrassing as an older child? Wearing Diapers or Getting Your Diapers Changed

• Wearing Diapers

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Getting Your Diapers Changed.

Votes: 168 68.6%
  • Both

Votes: 74 30.2%

• Total voters

12srepaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I think getting my diapers changed would be more embarrassing than just wearing diapers.

Reactions: JustAGirl and AJFan2020
At age 12 mom sat me down and said it's time for you to change your own diapers. This was before pullups / goodnites

I was starting puberty and mom said it will be less embarrassing for you & less embarrassing for me that you start to change your self
took me a little while but got the hang of it eventually
Im glad it switched to me doing it because diaper changes were making me excited and having mom there for that no boy wants

Reactions: Lyric, Someoneonline, zx670512 and 9 others
Getting spotted by another kid while my dad was changing my diaper in a very busy rest stop is what triggered my interest in diapers I think. I’ve shared this story on here before but it fits nicely into this post. I was about five when it happened and I only wore diapers while sleeping. This particular time we were on our way to the beach for vacation. My dad took me into the rest stop bathroom because he had to go himself. I must have been asleep in the car for a while stuck in summertime NJ Parkway traffic and my dad needed to change my leaking diaper. He brought me into the bathroom but all of the stalls were occupied so he brought me to the corner of the sink area to change me. Normally my parents were fairly discreet but I guess with the commotion in the busy restroom and the urgency of a very leaky diaper caused my dad to take care of it right there. I just remember holding up my own tshirt and my dad untaped my wet diaper. Another kid my age walked in and saw this. He exclaimed to his own dad “look! That boy still wears diapers!” Right then and there I felt a sting of shame and humiliation that I never knew before. I honestly never thought about why I still wore diapers to bed and that other kids didn’t. After that embarrassing diaper change, I felt different about diapers. It became a true fetish around puberty but that rest stop experience definitely planted the seed.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall, BlueDude, Someoneonline and 12 others
SparkyDog said:
At age 12 mom sat me down and said it's time for you to change your own diapers. This was before pullups / goodnites

I was starting puberty and mom said it will be less embarrassing for you & less embarrassing for me that you start to change your self
took me a little while but got the hang of it eventually
Im glad it switched to me doing it because diaper changes were making me excited and having mom there for that no boy wants
But been cool have mom change diaper

Lostdiapersboy said:
But been cool have mom change diaper
no 12 year old thinks it's cool getting change by their mom

• Love
Reactions: diaperdude, Woncrinklz, Freddie07601 and 7 others
SparkyDog said:
Definitely not the fit quiteria for the coolest kid on the playground.

I would say getting your diapers changed cause if you are wearing one you can at least hide it under your clothes whereas if you are getting changed you can’t hide it

Reactions: Woncrinklz
It would be really embarrassing if being changed like a baby, and having your legs lifted up, and your butt wiped....in public.

Last edited:
Reactions: LIDiaperBoy, Woncrinklz and AJFan2020
Getting diapers changed by parents is more embarrassing as an older child, definitely. I suggests your treated like a baby, even in other ways. (Certainly when your a kid “cool” is often things that show your more grown up, like if you had a late bedtime or no bedtime at all that’s pretty cool…. So if your parents are still changing your diapers, that’s about as uncool as you can get to other kids!)

Reactions: LIDiaperBoy, knottylego, Lyric and 1 other person
Of course both were embarrassing, at first. But then I got used to it and neither were a big deal.

I didnt have this issue because I trained in the normal age range. I do think though being changed in front of people at an older age would be somewhat embarrassing. I had a cousin who trained late and was getting changed at a fairly older age. My aunt though would always change him in a room and close the door or use the bathroom. I think she actually was more embarrassed at him wearing diapers still than he was. I did have a friend neighbor who was at a family birthday party at my house when I was young. His son also trained late and I remember him changing his son right there in the far corner of the room. It was out if the way but still could see him none the less. This was around 1980 when the diapers were still fairly thick and all white. As embarrassing as it was I was deep down slightly jealous he still got to wear those thick diapers.

Reactions: Someoneonline and JazzBaby
Getting changed for sure. Just wearing them you can hide them and deny and be discrete. If you're changed in front of people, that's it, youre a goner. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: knottylego, Woncrinklz and 12srepaid
When I became an IC at the age of 13, I found it embarrassing to wear diapers, much less have my mother change the diaper. Until I accepted that I had to wear diapers, I was very ashamed of changing diapers and would lie on the changing table with tears in my eyes. Later I liked diapers and discovered ABDL so I got used to the changes, but when I was 15 I started feeling embarrassed again when changing a diaper and asked my mother to teach me how to change it myself. My mother agreed to this with understanding, but on the condition that I had to inform her for some time that I had changed and show her the diaper so that she could check if it was fastened properly. From then until she moved out of the house, my mother did not interfere with diaper changes.

Hell the same question for our older incontinent Adults. I would much rather change myself than be changed. Like it can be fun for the wife to play but she really sucks when i need to count on no.leaks. I never have been I fan of being changed.

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Freddie07601
I always had to wait to get changed out of my bedwetting diaper until I turned 10, when I was trusted for the last few years. Getting changed with my youngest sister was so embarrassing for me. And it was always a big deal to put it on with my pyjamas. Once I had my night diaper on, I wasn't as bothered, unless it was summer and too hot for pyjama pants

Reactions: dlab1428, Lostdiapersboy and Palle
I've been IC since the beginning. I think I became more independent when I was around 8. My mom always watched or helped my diaper. But usually changed me if I was sitting in a dirty diaper. At least until I was 10.
SparkyDog said:
Especially when the school nurse or a babysitter changed me. I didn't really mind when they supervised but I was pretty good at doing it myself.

Reactions: Diaperman95
SparkyDog said:
You say this but I've been incon since birth.
I honestly grew up not knowing any different.
My mum would change me at 12 whenever i needed it.
Obviously if we were in public we'd go in a disabled toilet etc but at relatives homes it was a quick squeezey check and down on the floor to be changed.
Nurses at school no issue.
Yeah other kids would tease a bit but i was open as to me it was normal.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, sinceiwassmall and 12srepaid
Stevepw said:
You say this but I've been incon since birth.
I honestly grew up not knowing any different.
My mum would change me at 12 whenever i needed it.
Obviously if we were in public we'd go in a disabled toilet etc but at relatives homes it was a quick squeezey check and down on the floor to be changed.
Nurses at school no issue.
Yeah other kids would tease a bit but i was open as to me it was normal.
That suggests you had a family that were very accepting of your incontinence which allowed you not to shame. Most 12 year olds (if we use that as a kind of number to focus on) are starting to learn what “cool” is and cool is viewed as being as grown up as possible (so late bedtimes or no bedtime at all is a good example of something viewed as a status symbol as a 12 year). Having your parents still change you as a 12 year old and not really be discreet about is probably one of the more embarrassing things for a 12 year to have done. (I speak as a guy who wet his pants at the age of 12 at school, and it was really embarrassing… having a nappy on would have been less embarrassing, but having someone come in to change that nappy would have been the worst thing).

Reactions: Diaperman95 and 12srepaid
I really love it when parents don't make wearing/needing diapers a big deal, but only if it's in the proper attitude.
It can take a ton of stress off of having to wear diapers or pull-ups.

Reactions: kjluvs and AJFan2020
12srepaid said:
It would be really embarrassing if being changed like a baby, and having your legs lifted up, and your butt wiped....in public.
Given the choice standing diaper changes are much less embarrassing.

• Thinking
Reactions: Palle and 12srepaid
Back