Wearing diaper past overnight as a kid?

I wasn't really a bedwetter but I was (and is still) profoundly incontinent. When I was around 8 or 9, my mom wouldn't change me until after breakfast. The only time she did this before breakfast was that I had a dirty diaper. I remember when during weekends I would sit in the couch and watching cartoons. I would complain about having to get cleaned up and shower. Sometimes my mom just let it go for an hour or so. My older sister would yell to my mom that I had messed my diaper. By then my mom would ask her to change me. She didn't like that but being a good kid she did. By the time I was almost 10, I was more independent and changed myself (as long she supervised). I was pretty good about changing myself but during the weekends, I would delay the changing. Then my mom would come near and smell the odor. She'd say "time to get that dirty diaper out right now." By the time I was 11 or 12, I would change myself before I was asked to.

Albertapampers said:
Anyone’s parents ever ok with you wearing your diaper or pull up past the overnight you needed it for bedtime ?
Nope, unfortunately for me

Albertapampers said:
I was pretty lucky. My mom never really cared how long I wore diapers for. I know she liked when I wore diapers for quite a while. She always bought pampers baby dry and phases when they came on sale and my underwear drawer always had diapers. If I wore them day after school she never cared. Say weekends if I wore them after I woke up and kept them on she would just ask me if she was changing me or not. I remember a few weekends she’d wake me up for breakfast or whatever she would ask if I peed the bed and if I said no she’d be like “ok so are you doing to keep the pamper on or no? Cause if you are you have to use it” . Usually that was fine for just do whatever you want with diapers but some weekends she’d tell me if I chose to wear diapers for the weekend I couldn’t come out of them. Maybe it was to get me to not use them and stop wearing but I really think she liked me in diapers. So when I would say I want diapers on then, she would change me into a dry one and she would always say…
“You know the deal if you want to stay in pampers then you gotta use them…no bathroom. Use that diaper you got on. If you poop take your jeans or pants off before you do”. Do it I had to poop I’d just unbutton my jeans and push them down and poop in the diaper. Wouldn’t take much effort as I usually can’t hold it long. When I did I’d just fill the back of the pamper and flood it then go see my mom when she was around. She usually changed me right away. One time I cuddled on the couch after I told her and she rubbed my back and cuddled me while I was full.
Pretty lucky! How old were you when all of this was happening?

Reactions: bedwetterdavid and Albertapampers
parktochter said:
I wish I knew, I never figured it out. I think they always wanted to see if I was any better and having smaller accidents. I got used to it being the norm sp never questioned it

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and parktochter
Albertapampers said:
Anyone’s parents ever ok with you wearing your diaper or pull up past the overnight you needed it for bedtime ?
I was a longtime bed wetter and didn’t potty train until I was 4, so I wore diapers all the time as a kid and my family had no issue if I was in one

Reactions: AJFan2020, Lyric, Sparrow75 and 1 other person
Not as a kid though, i dont have alot memories of me being a kid wearing diapers, but i do have a vague memory that i wore one over night diaper till the next noon, like when im 4 or 5 and have to wake up pretty early like 6 in the morning to catch a plane, and only changed out of it when i reached the destination's airport.

But for now, im more like wearing overnight diapers till morning especially when im on overseas work trip, its only me in the hotel and being incontinent, i prepare the best diaper for oversea work trips. and i dont want to waste a good diaper. For a good 3 month, i wore my night diaper till morning , go down the hotel lobby for breakfast, meet a colleague or two to chat bout work/life etc, then back to my room for work till noon before i have to go out to work, then only i will change out from the diaper i had on last night.

Reactions: Hell2DaNaw
My mom was pretty much ok with it. I think she generally looked at it as I might as well wear it until it’s used up/ maxed out. No sense in wasting. She tried to give me a lot of space with my diaper needs. She knew I got alot of teasing about my diaper use from my siblings and the outside world and so she tried not to make a big deal about it.

Reactions: AJFan2020, Albertapampers, hanbanan and 2 others
As a kid, I was always oddly jealous of the other kids who wet the bed, for the sole purpose of being able to do this

Reactions: LittleAndAlone, Waynelopen and Albertapampers
Yes but only in the time before I had to get ready for school or for the day. I was never told that I couldn't, but as a bed wetter my pull-ups were beyond full. I also felt ashamed so the first thing I did was rid my self of the obviously wet diaper.

Reactions: hanbanan and Albertapampers
Txdpboy said:
Pretty lucky! How old were you when all of this was happening?
I just asked her she figured 11 or 12 or so. Didn’t think it was younger than 11

CoastieKate said:
My mom was pretty much ok with it. I think she generally looked at it as I might as well wear it until it’s used up/ maxed out. No sense in wasting. She tried to give me a lot of space with my diaper needs. She knew I got alot of teasing about my diaper use from my siblings and the outside world and so she tried not to make a big deal about it.
Yeah that’s totally right might as well throw away a wet diaper not a dry one

• Thinking
Reactions: AJFan2020
Albertapampers said:
I just asked her she figured 11 or 12 or so. Didn’t think it was younger than 11
interesting, your mom seems to really liked having you diapered. Were there situations where you asked for the bathroom but she refused because of the diapers?

Reactions: Albertapampers
parktochter said:
interesting, your mom seems to really liked having you diapered. Were there situations where you asked for the bathroom but she refused because of the diapers?
Not really she never denied me of the bathroom unless say she was showering or something. But yeah we had a good talk about it the other day and she said she really loved those days and that I really loved diapers !

• Wow
Reactions: Rezzu, TigerDL, parktochter and 1 other person
I would sometimes keep my goodnite on long after I woke up, which lead to several embarrassing situations over the years. There was one time I woke up wet but thought it could take more and leaked while eating breakfast with my family (I didn’t do that again). A few times when I woke up dry I ended up wetting the goodnite later and kinda got caught… I had said I was dry but my goodnite showed otherwise.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and hanbanan
DiaperGirly said:
I would sometimes keep my goodnite on long after I woke up, which lead to several embarrassing situations over the years. There was one time I woke up wet but thought it could take more and leaked while eating breakfast with my family (I didn’t do that again). A few times when I woke up dry I ended up wetting the goodnite later and kinda got caught… I had said I was dry but my goodnite showed otherwise.
I’ve definitely lied about being dry many times as a kid, my mom always knew based on my diaper bulge and waddle. She would check me if she had a suspicion and I was caught lying to her before. I also leaked more times than I could count, either because I didn’t change and leaked into my pajamas later in the morning or because young me would use my diaper more after waking up

Reactions: MikeyD1981, Lyric, Sparrow75 and 3 others
CoastieKate said:
Exactly why waste them dry

Reactions: AJFan2020
I usually wore my pull-up or goodnite until after breakfast if I had been dry that morning. On weekends, I usually wore a lot longer. When I was around 10 or 11, I think I started noticing I liked diapers, and I have a vivid memory of trying to keep my goodnite on for as long as possible one morning :). I took showers in the morning because of my bedwetting (something I still do to this day), and so I would keep mine on until then.

Reactions: gobphus and BwBunny
Sgdlboy said:
I was a bedwetter till i was about 17 so diapers are needed pretty much every night , my mom even made sure i was wearing them at night and for overseas trips.
Me too. Nappies at night without fail until 16/17. Also made to wear in day on flights or long road trips as I was prone to accidents. Did not become dry until 17 and even then in early adulthood I had occasional accidents and wet beds. After a relatively dry time in my 20’s to 30’s I started bedwetting again and theh developed spinal issues with severe prolapsed discs that ultimately needed surgery in early 40’s. This caused a reoccurrence of incontinence and I’ve now been back in nappies at night for 20 years. I have no feeling at night of needing to pee and I also suffer with urgency and occasional accidents in the day due to the nerve damage. The fact that I was in nappies late in childhood and teenage years has made it easier to accept it now. I am fortunate in a way that whilst I need nappies for dignity I actually like wearing them for the sense of comfort and security that they offer, and my wife accepts it too and would rather I wore nappies that wet my pants, furniture or bed

Reactions: Lyric, PadPhilosopher and TigerDL
I kept them on often and sometimes i would change into a clean one just because i liked wearing them.

DLjoey974 said:
I kept them on often and sometimes i would change into a clean one just because i liked wearing them.

Lol I did the same thing for the same reason

Back