Tips for hiding the diaper buldge when wet in public

Tori94

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What are some great methods for hiding my wet diaper buldge for when I start going out with them on in public?!

Reactions: diaperdude, TippingOver, jessraven and 2 others
Onesie to hold it up works good

Reactions: legojoker88 and chuck
Shaping panties. You can get a thong mesh one from Leonisa that help create a bit of a crease on the backside too.

Button down shirts untucked. Not the Untuckits because there's no tail. If you wear a large but an XL or tall. Covers the front and back and works like a charm. I'd also suggest a onsie with this too, it keeps the sag in check

Reactions: Kellycares, PaciBabyGirl, Sidewinder and 1 other person
Nowididit said:
Button down shirts untucked. Not the Untuckits because there's no tail. If you wear a large but an XL or tall. Covers the front and back and works like a charm. I'd also suggest a onsie with this too, it keeps the sag in check
Exactly this. Living in the Pacific northwest and the climate and casual nature we have here, untucked flannel or cotton long sleeve shirts and Levi's are my everyday wear, including to work. Same with cargo shorts. I'm in diapers 24/7, and my go-to are MegaMax with a booster and then plastic pants. So bulges up front happen. Especially with MegaMax diapers. Untucked shirts cover up the diaper bulge nicely!

Reactions: Pantyman and dbcl92
I wear pants that are 2 sizes bigger and have a belt on to keep them on. Makes the bulge less obvious. And of course shirts that are longer so it’ll cover up my front side.

Reactions: antte91, eddy200 and Diaperman95
Stretch pants always work for me, cheap to buy and very effective at "smoothing" out Nappy lines and keeping bulges contained.

Reactions: dbcl92
Honestly no one’s going to notice even if you do have one.. just act normal

Reactions: BabyLink9, LittleLeeInDiapers, legojoker88 and 7 others
I use a mix of baggy clothes cloth diaper cover and a onesie.

Reactions: legojoker88
I have tried baggy clothes, stretch pants etc. I've even tried tight pants to kinda squeeze in my diaper buldge over baggy pants but nothing seems to help!

Reactions: Andrewgdfw
During the winter, I go Megamax, Garywear PUL cover, a stretchy onesie, a pair of compression shorts 1 size too big, Wrangler Flex (stretchy) Jeans, and slightly loose button down shirt. If you can tell I have a soaked Megamax, I'd be surprised. ;) Also, you have to remember that most people in public are not looking for diaper bulge. Yeah, us ABDLs may recognize it, but most people wont notice. Confidence also helps... constantly arranging your shirt or pants, or keeping your hands over your crotch is suspicious. You have to think to yourself "my onesie is covering everything, there no chance people can see my diaper". Or you can change your mentality completely and think to yourself "I don't care if others know i'm in diapers", then it doesn't ever matter. haha. I'm still working on this last part myself.😅

Reactions: WillFord384
RukTheKansasDiaperLover said:
Honestly no one’s going to notice even if you do have one.. just act normal
I absolutely agree. People are not just walking around looking at your privates. Though I suppose there may be. I don't worry about a diaper bulge when I'm out in public. But I do worry about a waddle. I have to make a very conscious effort to walk normal but slower so I don't really look like I have something wrong with me.

Reactions: Deleted member 60181
I wear women's brief style panties over my diaper to keep it up and hides the bulge when my diaper gets full. It works well for me and I always liked wearing pretty panties anyway.

Reactions: legojoker88, star, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
+1 for the onesie, I have a couple in plain black which looks like I have a tee shirt on under an untucked shirt

Reactions: chuck and legojoker88
I wear onesies or boxer briefs to keep everything within shape as much as possible, and long loose untucked shirts that fall just below the padded area, so it's really difficult to notice anything at all.

However I like to wear BetterDry and Crinklz, which make a huge and obvious front-middle buldge after I've been peepeeing myself for awhile, so if I sit down I will need to cross my legs and cover the front of my pants with the shirt because otherwise anyone who has seen a toddler before will know for sure I'm wearing a soaked diapee underneath.

Whilst I'm no longer worried about who might notice my diapee, I always do my best to stay undercover when out and about (I only go overboard when around my parents and brother), so if somebody gets to see something it means they were being nosey and looking at me improperly, so the shame's on them.

Reactions: Gothmistress13
Tori94 said:
I have tried baggy clothes, stretch pants etc. I've even tried tight pants to kinda squeeze in my diaper buldge over baggy pants but nothing seems to help!

Hi Tori.
I just saw on your profile that you are doing a night-time diaper challenge. While that's great at night or around the house, if you've tried all these:
  • Onesie.
  • Boxer briefs or compression shorts.
  • Heavier weight, slightly larger pants.
  • Untucked shirts that cover your private parts.
....and you are still concerned about diaper bulge, try changing. A dry diaper is much less likely to bulge ;)

Trust me, the vast majority of people aren't concerned or will ever notice a bulge in your crotch. Then again, if you are like me and you've worn plastic pants and cloth diapers with boosters to work and in public thousands of times, well then, most people probably just think my waist and butt are a lot bigger than they really are 😄

• Love
Reactions: chuck, WillFord384 and Tori94
Eclectic said:
Hi Tori.
I just saw on your profile that you are doing a night-time diaper challenge. While that's great at night or around the house, if you've tried all these:
  • Onesie.
  • Boxer briefs or compression shorts.
  • Heavier weight, slightly larger pants.
  • Untucked shirts that cover your private parts.
....and you are still concerned about diaper bulge, try changing. A dry diaper is much less likely to bulge ;)

Trust me, the vast majority of people aren't concerned or will ever notice a bulge in your crotch. Then again, if you are like me and you've worn plastic pants and cloth diapers with boosters to work and in public thousands of times, well then, most people probably just think my waist and butt are a lot bigger than they really are 😄
A couple of days ago was my first time in a long time that I went out in overnight extra absorbency diapers in a long time! I wore compression shorts over tight shorts over my baggy sweat pants! I started seeing people starting to stare at my buldge and just had to act natural despite peeing from embarrassment all the meanwhile my buldge got bigger and felt weird being compressed! I couldn't change into a new diaper became I've never done that and my diaper wasn't at its max yet.

• Love
Reactions: ARBBB2
Nowididit said:
Both the tucked and un-tucked state of one's shirt have their own set of benefits and drawbacks.

Tucked in, can be sufficient in concealing the waistband, but adding to the bulk, whereas a shirt in it's un-tucked state can be beneficial in minimizing bulk, but makes one liable to have the waistband exposed for all to see.

Reactions: Gothmistress13
Tori94 said:
... I started seeing people starting to stare at my buldge and just had to act natural despite peeing from embarrassment all the meanwhile my buldge got bigger and felt weird being compressed! I couldn't change into a new diaper became I've never done that and my diaper wasn't at its max yet.

You just got a small taste of what it's like to be incontinent. I start peeing my diaper in pretty much any situation you can possibly imagine, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. I just hope that I have enough absorbency left until I can change. I don't get a thrill out of it. Sometimes embarrassment, but really most of the time I just make a mental note that I peed and I should probably check my diaper when I'm in a private setting and change, if necessary.

I wear one size up and a onesie its hard to notice the bulge but after 7 years of wearing 24/7 I no longer give the bulge a second thought :)

Reactions: Gothmistress13 and NorthwestDiaperDude
Back