Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleRascal

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I don’t see this talked about enough it seems obvious but not unless you know.

When changing in public take scissors! You can cut the tapes and save a lot of unnecessary attention as it makes no sound people will just think you’re doing your business.

I’ll open this thread up to ask how have you reduced noise in the public toilets or to draw away unnecessary attention?

Reactions: ChrisK, Prairie, ReluctantAdult and 4 others
I'm only allowed to use the safety scissors. O:

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy, GoodboyN, skylanderpamp and 3 others
PoofsNFloofs said:

Love it 😂 they should do the job though! 🙈🥰🤗

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
So how do you ball the used diaper up without the tapes?

Abdlchriscrinkle said:
So how do you ball the used diaper up without the tapes?

Tie it! quite easily pull the two sides together to form a knot half of my dipees are velcro and don’t fasten anyway

• Love
Reactions: ReluctantAdult and BobbiSueEllen
PoofsNFloofs said:
LOL. I feel ya. No matter how quickly I jump up from my seat and run, somebody always beats me to the lefty scissors. I end up having to use righty scissors in my left hand, and all my cuts are poop. (True horrors from Cottontail's childhood. Although that other left-handed kid became my best friend.)

LittleMonsterUK said:
Right. Any diaper can be treated like a Snibb if you pull hard enough. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Cottontail said:
LOL. I feel ya. No matter how quickly I jump up from my seat and run, somebody always beats me to the lefty scissors. I end up having to use righty scissors in my left hand, and all my cuts are poop. (True horrors from Cottontail's childhood. Although that other left-handed kid became my best friend.)

What’s a Snibb 🙈

Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, RoseofThorns and BobbiSueEllen
They look horrendous 😂 definitely not for me! But yes I’ve had no issues tying off dipees 🙈

LittleMonsterUK said:
They look horrendous 😂 definitely not for me! But yes I’ve had no issues tying off dipees 🙈
The appeal is certainly lost on me as well. The outer plastic of Snibbs is supposed to be reusable, but when I look at them, I find your scissors idea more appealing than ever! :)

I don't think it's legal to carry scissors

DiaperedElmo said:

What a load of bollocks 😂 getting arrested over scissors 🤣

Reactions: RoseofThorns
DiaperedElmo said:
Well as long as you don't run with them...

It’s perfectly legal anywhere I’m aware of to carry scissors, but I just do my changing anyway. It’s not like anyone is really coming to care, it really is imagined embarrassment. Lots of things sound like diaper tapes!

Clever idea, it y’all are too little to be trusted with scissors! ✂️

Cottontail said:

Ooh, a fellow lefty!

PoofsNFloofs said:
Ooh, a fellow lefty!
It would seem so! I’m not the pure lefty I was as a little kid, though. Thanks to the general lack of consideration for lefties, I’ve learned to do many things right-handed.

At least diapers are fastened on both sides. They’re sort of an equalizer that way, fiddly regardless of handedness.

Turfy said:
It’s perfectly legal anywhere I’m aware of to carry scissors
Until you get to airport security. Then it’s down to blade length. Maybe stick with the tiny scissors like you find in beard and mustache trimming kits.

Last edited:
I don't know about most but I don't have room in my pockets to carry scissors with me. I've found private bathrooms on my daily route where I can go to change and wash up if necessary.

Reactions: iluvdps2
Dome said:
I don't know about most but I don't have room in my pockets to carry scissors with me. I've found private bathrooms on my daily route where I can go to change and wash up if necessary.

“Public toilets” doesn’t appear to private ones

LittleMonsterUK said:
“Public toilets” doesn’t appear to private ones
On my route is a public restroom which is a single user bathroom with a locking door.

LittleMonsterUK said:
What a load of bollocks 😂 getting arrested over scissors 🤣
Section 139 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 makes carrying "any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed" an offense in a public place, unless you have good reason. Good luck explaining to the police officer about how you use your scissors to reduce tape noise...

In the area of London I live in, stop and search is a very common thing. Just sayin'

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: iluvdps2 and littleph0enix
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back