Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
This is just me grumbling.
But I hate the fact that stores carry bad diapers, they don't fit right, leak, or worse just fall apart. Most of us know this and so we buy direct from companies we trust.
So why do mainstream stores not carry good products? I just don't get it.
Good products- *existing
Stores " naw let's sell the worst ones instead

Reactions: OmiOMy, littledreamers333, soggybottoms8882 and 12 others
CrinkleBear said:
This is just me grumbling.
But I hate the fact that stores carry bad diapers, they don't fit right, leak, or worse just fall apart. Most of us know this and so we buy direct from companies we trust.
So why do mainstream stores not carry good products? I just don't get it.
Good products- *existing
Stores " naw let's sell the worst ones instead
Tell me about it! You think you're getting a deal whenever you go to buy from the store until you open the package and are met with absolute disappointment. Anyone find any good brands from their local pharmacy? Ie., Walgreens, CVS, etc.,

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
CVS used to have some that were less disappointing than others, but not great, and I think I heard they cheapened those. It's all about sticker price wars. Their bean counters don't use them, and as long as they keep their margin up and keep them selling, they don't care if people have avoidable extra laundry. 🙄

In fairness, most of those products aren't meant for people who never make it to the toilet, but for people who leak a little. For them, they may be adequate.

Reactions: 12srepaid, Kellycares, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
And they need to carry more larger diapers! The Easy Ups I got today didn’t fit me because I had to go down a size since 5T-6T wasn’t available! 😭

• Sad
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, southeastlittle and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
In fairness, most of those products aren't meant for people who never make it to the toilet, but for people who leak a little. For them, they may be adequate.
I wear for anxiety reasons so I don't have to use them but I wouldn't trust store brands. They literally fall apart after a few hours. The glues and materials are too weak and get worn too quickly. I don't know if they work for anyone. Possibly elderly who can't move?
But your right they don't have to wear them and as long as they sell...

Reactions: ItsyBitsyBabySara, yellowcrayons and PadPhilosopher
CrinkleBear said:
I wear for anxiety reasons so I don't have to use them but I wouldn't trust store brands. They literally fall apart after a few hours. The glues and materials are too weak and get worn too quickly. I don't know if they work for anyone. Possibly elderly who can't move?
But your right they don't have to wear them and as long as they sell...
Just make them back to the way they used to be: thick and highly absorbent with plastic backing equipped with 6 tapes, and problem solved. That’s what Attends has to do at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: soggybottoms8882, SnepperStepper, Lostdiapersboy and 3 others

theancientmariner said:
Just make them back to the way they used to be: thick and highly absorbent with plastic backing equipped with 6 tapes, and problem solved. That’s what Attends has to do at least.
Ah, the good old days.....

Reactions: messydiaper, Diaperman95 and theancientmariner
Agree completely. It would be so much more convenient to simply pick up a quality diaper at the store. Even the medical store in my area doesn't care anything worth buying.

Reactions: NihilisticPuppet, Diaperman95 and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
Ah, the good old days.....
those days are gone. I remember using depends over night that was 30% thicker than the standard at the time and had wider better tapes. I loved the fit and the light green color. I keep trying to talk myself into trying the trest brand as they have that light green. But I am not paying $4.50 a diaper. Ever since cloth back and pull ups came out the incontinent industry thinks that people only want thin discrete protection. But I am here to tell them nothing is discrete about a leaky diaper that falls apart. I wish they would at least carry something abena L4 worthy at the local stores. Everyone time I see a older person buying pull ups or briefs at walmart I alway wonder if they even know better products do exist.

Like my dad he is not incontinent but he will not buy nothing it can not hold in his hand first. Every once in a while he will ask me or my sister to order him something. Many seniors are that away.

I do miss the classic attends too... So soft and the smell was perfect.

Reactions: artemisenterri, soggybottoms8882, denimchicken and 1 other person
I was reminded of the disappointment that is store brand diapers yesterday. I didn't even bother going to the Walgreens. I installed went to the thrift store because I know there is at least a chance of finding something better there. Unfortunately I didn't find anything this time. I'm not going to waste my money on the store brand so I will simply have to do without 😞

• Sad
Reactions: CrinkleBear and PadPhilosopher
The good ol' days are gone. Quality diapers are purchased (mostly) online now. And there are some QUALITY diapers out there that are way better than classic Attends and Depends. Don't get me wrong, I would kill for some classic Attends and Depends because it's what I wore back the day, but today's diapers available online kick @ss to what was available back then. Good diapers now are not available in the stores.They're online.

Reactions: denimchicken and PadPhilosopher
I think that most stores should start looking into carrying ABDL diapers because not everyone likes having to wait for their diapers to arrive.

• Love
Reactions: artemisenterri, BabyCyclist, ryan8710 and 3 others
messydiaper said:
The good ol' days are gone. Quality diapers are purchased (mostly) online now. And there are some QUALITY diapers out there that are way better than classic Attends and Depends. Don't get me wrong, I would kill for some classic Attends and Depends because it's what I wore back the day, but today's diapers available online kick @ss to what was available back then. Good diapers now are not available in the stores.They're online.
Gary, former owner of xpmedical.com, just might have your classics. https://vintagediapers.com

Reactions: messydiaper
NihilisticPuppet said:
And they need to carry more larger diapers! The Easy Ups I got today didn’t fit me because I had to go down a size since 5T-6T wasn’t available! 😭
I'm sorry! It always is a major disappointment when a diaper doesn't fit and the money wasted is a real sting. Did you try the Gentle Steps yet?

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and NihilisticPuppet
southeastlittle said:
I'm sorry! It always is a major disappointment when a diaper doesn't fit and the money wasted is a real sting. Did you try the Gentle Steps yet?
Not yet, but I’ll look for them next time I go to the store!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and southeastlittle
Those early 90s Attends where so awesome. Was my first adventure into adult sizes that actually fit when I wasn't quite a little kid anymore. Was really disappointed when they just vanished from shelves over night.

• Sad
Reactions: artemisenterri, Kayleigh and PadPhilosopher
NihilisticPuppet said:
I think they're like $7-8 for a bag so it's a pretty good deal considering they fit me better than Pampers size 8.

For me it's about the rise AND wing stretch. I have an athletic build but my butt's kinda big due to cycling (lol) so if the rise is too low and you have a booty, it won't go well

Reactions: NihilisticPuppet and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
Stress incontinence is the most common type and it mostly affects women. You’ve probably noticed that pull on products are usually marketed as gender specific and they are mostly marketed towards women.

Basically these companies have figured out how to make the least amount of product, market it like it’s discreet underwear, say it’s super absorbent, and label it mostly for women. People must be buying them because they keep doing it.

I have urge IC and I do use Depends pull ups when exercising, but that’s it. I don’t stay in a Depends for very long because they don’t hold much and leak terribly. The vast majority of time I use a premium diaper I buy online and I’ve been doing that for about 25 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellycares and PadPhilosopher
For reference, my hip measurement taken at butt-level is 38". This seems like a lot considering my pant size is 30 and even that feels loose sometimes.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
NihilisticPuppet said:
Because girls, on average, train younger than boys, a lot of stores don’t stock the largest sizes of girls’ training pants. You might have to find your inner boy. :) Also, training pants tend to run smaller than baby diapers, believe it or not. They’re going for a trim, underwear-like fit, so not only are they shorter, most of them are about 40% narrower in the crotch. Crazy but true!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, NihilisticPuppet and southeastlittle
Back