Stores need to start carrying better diapers

Eclectic said:
Stress incontinence is the most common type and it mostly affects women. You’ve probably noticed that pull on products are usually marketed as gender specific and they are mostly marketed towards women.

Basically these companies have figured out how to make the least amount of product, market it like it’s discreet underwear, say it’s super absorbent, and label it mostly for women. People must be buying them because they keep doing it.

I have urge IC and I do use Depends pull ups when exercising, but that’s it. I don’t stay in a Depends for very long because they don’t hold much and leak terribly. The vast majority of time I use a premium diaper I buy online and I’ve been doing that for about 25 years.

Next time you work out try these. Best pull up made hands down. I wear them to physical therapy and the doctor especially I I know they want me to take my pants off like the urologist. Just way easier. But these will hold 4 times that of a depends for me.

The tena super plus grey and white stripe for men are better than the depends by a lot but seni has the best pull up ever hands down. Better than NS even. And priced pretty far at amazon.

Then I also left a link to seni booster pads. OMG they are the best 25" long x 13" wide hourglass shape. But I leave the hourglass wings folded in between the guards. 1000% the most bang for the buck on booster pads!!! I really wish seni made a plastic back adult diaper. I bet it would be great.

Reactions: Eclectic, PadPhilosopher and southeastlittle
Cottontail said:
Because girls, on average, train younger than boys, a lot of stores don’t stock the largest sizes of girls’ training pants. You might have to find your inner boy. :) Also, training pants tend to run smaller than baby diapers, believe it or not. They’re going for a trim, underwear-like fit, so not only are they shorter, most of them are about 40% narrower in the crotch. Crazy but true!
That’s very interesting!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Eclectic said:
Stress incontinence is the most common type and it mostly affects women. You’ve probably noticed that pull on products are usually marketed as gender specific and they are mostly marketed towards women.

Basically these companies have figured out how to make the least amount of product, market it like it’s discreet underwear, say it’s super absorbent, and label it mostly for women. People must be buying them because they keep doing it.

I have urge IC and I do use Depends pull ups when exercising, but that’s it. I don’t stay in a Depends for very long because they don’t hold much and leak terribly. The vast majority of time I use a premium diaper I buy online and I’ve been doing that for about 25 years.
Everything is marketed toward women because macho men are insecure p******.

See any cute printed pajamas? Women's section. Gender neutral adult size footed pajamas? Women's section. Cute gender neutral childish looking shoes? Women's section. Go to men's section and it's all black and navy sports crap.

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, bigtoddler96 and southeastlittle
I honestly was hoping northshore would be able to start selling in stores, but pricing of new stuff probably wouldn't work in their favor.

I think their old pricing on some of the discontinued products, could have worked well.
Northshore would have raised the standard for store products tremendously, and I do think they deserve more publicity.

I once bought some in-store diapers that legit had no inner leak-guards. LIKE WHAT!!! that is and should be mandatory for a diaper.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, SnepperStepper and southeastlittle
The one time I bought adult diapers from CVS and wore them, they leaked immediately. I felt bad for whoever had to rely on such hot garbage.

At least some medical outlets sell Tranquility ATNs which are not perfect but are a much better diaper.

LittleAndAlone said:
Those early 90s Attends where so awesome. Was my first adventure into adult sizes that actually fit when I wasn't quite a little kid anymore. Was really disappointed when they just vanished from shelves over night.
I keep reading about these vintage Attends. What was it about them?

southeastlittle said:
I keep reading about these vintage Attends. What was it about them?
They were the closest thing to adult size Pampers. Very thick and shiny plastic and padding, crinkly, large blue obvious elastics and gathers that made the leg openings ruffle, etc. They even had a unique scent of their own, not quite Pampers but still mesmerizing on it's own merit. 3 tapes made them very snug like a tight fitting cloud of crinkly happiness. Basically large adult Pampers.

Nothing like the paper towel Depends that are out there today.

It was just blind luck that I picked them and got to experience them before they vanished. There didn't seem to be anything special about them then in the moment but they would later become a sought after legend in the ABDL community. I see people worshipping them and it reminds me that wow I used to sneak out to buy those and shove them in my back pack before taking them home not even knowing how special they would become. It's no wonder when I tried to find a replacement nothing else really ever came as close to hitting all the buttons back then.

We have all kinds of much better ABDL diapers now but back then it was like Attends or bust if you wanted the closest thing to legit Pampers that actually fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: messydiaper and PadPhilosopher
Genuinely, what I wouldn't do to get local stores to stock northshore megamaxes....

Reactions: 12srepaid and PadPhilosopher
I agree that general stores should start carrying again better diapers.
When I joined the ABDL community stores like (CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart) had the Depends Protection with Tabs line. That was as best they carried and I was genuinely happy with that (until I discovered the online world).
Then one day stores just slowly got rid of them and then I started to check out Specialized Medical Supply Stores near me.
All they had in terms of better quality was the Tranquility ATNs.

I don’t know if there is a way to petition those stores again to start carrying better diapers but I’d be all for it.
I’m tired of only seeing stores now carry only underwear based lines.

SlashofNight said:
I agree that general stores should start carrying again better diapers.
When I joined the ABDL community stores like (CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart) had the Depends Protection with Tabs line. That was as best they carried and I was genuinely happy with that (until I discovered the online world).
Then one day stores just slowly got rid of them and then I started to check out Specialized Medical Supply Stores near me.
All they had in terms of better quality was the Tranquility ATNs.

I don’t know if there is a way to petition those stores again to start carrying better diapers but I’d be all for it.
I’m tired of only seeing stores now carry only underwear based lines.
"All they had in terms of better quality was the Tranquility ATNs." That is a great option, actually. I've tried them off and on over the years, mixed in with some cheaper and some more expensive options, and they are just a standout value for their performance. I finally decided to stop fiddling with more expensive or less well made options when ATNs and topliner contour are US made, favorably priced, and work well for me. I'm ordering them by the case. If they were widely available in stores, they'd put the hurt on sales of the store brand garbage.....

Which is exactly why they're NOT. The margins are better in the garbage, and to protect that, they'd prefer people be utterly ignorant of their alternative options.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: artemisenterri and denimchicken
kratox said:
I honestly was hoping northshore would be able to start selling in stores, but pricing of new stuff probably wouldn't work in their favor.

I think their old pricing on some of the discontinued products, could have worked well.
Northshore would have raised the standard for store products tremendously, and I do think they deserve more publicity.

I once bought some in-store diapers that legit had no inner leak-guards. LIKE WHAT!!! that is and should be mandatory for a diaper.
Many less expensive diapers, including some that I considered decent, don't have inner leak guards. For some people's needs, they work fine without them.

Reactions: denimchicken
The thing is stores need to be profitable out else they go out of business. If the demand for better diapers isn't there then putting higher quality diapers on the shelf is literally a waste of time and money. I imagine they might be receptive to stocking better diapers but there needs to be demand for it and people would need to buy them for that to happen. Is there demand for better diapers? It sounds like the market has already spoken based on other people's replies.

I suspect the mediocre store diapers we see are adequate for most people. If not for the internet I think we might see better diapers in stores because how else would you find out about better diapers? If you genuinely need better diapers then You probably purchase online already, which in turn kills demand for better diapers in store.

I'm going to do some more speculating now.
The customer who buys diapers in person, currently might not be interested in the bulky diapers we enjoy. They're probably an older person who leaks a little and doesn't want to order online because why should they? If incontinence becomes more socially accepted by society in general, maybe we will see better diapers return to store shelves. In the future. However as the population continues to age we will see the people who are already comfortable shopping online continue to do so. Maybe we will see the low quality stuff from the store go away and we will only be left with slightly better brands, because why would a better informed customer intentionally but garbage?

Reactions: diaperbutt09 and PadPhilosopher
denimchicken said:
The thing is stores need to be profitable out else they go out of business. If the demand for better diapers isn't there then putting higher quality diapers on the shelf is literally a waste of time and money. I imagine they might be receptive to stocking better diapers but there needs to be demand for it and people would need to buy them for that to happen. Is there demand for better diapers? It sounds like the market has already spoken based on other people's replies.

I suspect the mediocre store diapers we see are adequate for most people. If not for the internet I think we might see better diapers in stores because how else would you find out about better diapers? If you genuinely need better diapers then You probably purchase online already, which in turn kills demand for better diapers in store.

I'm going to do some more speculating now.
The customer who buys diapers in person, currently might not be interested in the bulky diapers we enjoy. They're probably an older person who leaks a little and doesn't want to order online because why should they? If incontinence becomes more socially accepted by society in general, maybe we will see better diapers return to store shelves. In the future. However as the population continues to age we will see the people who are already comfortable shopping online continue to do so. Maybe we will see the low quality stuff from the store go away and we will only be left with slightly better brands, because why would a better informed customer intentionally but garbage?
The ABDL market is small compared to the incontinence market, which includes nursing homes and hospitals. The ABDL market is much larger online than what it would be if there were ABDL products in stores. It would be embarrassing, even for a lot of ABDLs, to buy stuff in regular stores. It would probably also be embarrassing for someone who needed thick quality diapers too. Hence, the store market sells thin pull up briefs marketed like underwear and the online market sells everything else. It makes sense economically.

By the way, before the internet, your options for higher quality diapers in the U.S. were mail or phone orders, medical supply stores, or the ubiquitous attends/depends diapers sold in stores. In comparison to the diapers I wear today, Attends weren’t all that great despite people waxing poetically about them. Sure they were comfortable, had nice plastic and a good, if not boxy fit, but their absorbency wasn’t that great and they had no leak guards. Not so great for me actually and I used to have leaks and blowouts in them quite regularly. When I finally found a supplier of Molicares from Europe, I was elated because they were much more absorbent and had leak guards.

Last edited:
LittleAndAlone said:
Those early 90s Attends where so awesome. Was my first adventure into adult sizes that actually fit when I wasn't quite a little kid anymore. Was really disappointed when they just vanished from shelves over night.
I too was disappointed that the stores stopped carrying them. Almost every chain drug store carried them, even Walmart had them.

CrinkleBear said:
This is just me grumbling.
But I hate the fact that stores carry bad diapers, they don't fit right, leak, or worse just fall apart. Most of us know this and so we buy direct from companies we trust.
So why do mainstream stores not carry good products? I just don't get it.
Good products- *existing
Stores " naw let's sell the worst ones instead
And they only have one option with superior absorbancy.

kratox said:

I think their old pricing on some of the discontinued products, could have worked well. well
Northshore would have raised the standard for store products tremendously, and I do think they deserve more publicity.tising

lI once bought some in-store diapers that legit had no inner leak-guards. LIKE WHAT!!! that is and should be mandatory for a diaper.

I have talked to Adam about this a couple times. They are planning on doing some advertising on the TV as well as building their own manufacturing facility in house. I don't know you will ever see them on a shelf in Walmart but they do have some stuff in the works to really grow and help break the stigma. I love NorthShore.

• Love
Reactions: SnepperStepper and PadPhilosopher
Suppliers is what i am told they get a list of so an so,
i have asked to some and the gist of it to some / was we would look into it if companys aproach us,

i did inquire on seeing if they would at least try to get incontrole and such ,

• Love
Large pharmacies, supermarkets and large box stores dont really have too much as far as diaper type incontinence products. Nowadays its all about being discreet and minimal mention of adult diapering. All you find on the shelves nowadays is pull on underwear , pads, or discreet pull ups. .....The only diapers you really see are crappy Depends or maybe generic store brand (all crap) ... Real thick adult diapers are strictly online only. I guess the thinking nowadays is bags of diapers on the shelves arent discreet enough and would not move off the shelves. I no longer find any appeal walking through the baby diaper aisles or adult diaper aisles ...everything is now is fragrance free or allergy aware.

• Sad
Reactions: artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
I agree, it would be so convenient to walk into a Walmart, Walgreens, Target. or other brick and mortar store and walk out proudly with several bags of NS diapers, or Crinklz, Might even meet other ABDL's.

Reactions: artemisenterri, Diaperman95 and PadPhilosopher
MikeDJ said:
Large pharmacies, supermarkets and large box stores dont really have too much as far as diaper type incontinence products. Nowadays its all about being discreet and minimal mention of adult diapering. All you find on the shelves nowadays is pull on underwear , pads, or discreet pull ups. .....The only diapers you really see are crappy Depends or maybe generic store brand (all crap) ... Real thick adult diapers are strictly online only. I guess the thinking nowadays is bags of diapers on the shelves arent discreet enough and would not move off the shelves. I no longer find any appeal walking through the baby diaper aisles or adult diaper aisles ...everything is now is fragrance free or allergy aware.
and like with a lot of things doing that "less is more" nonsense nowadays, its not enough. and buyers are sick of the trend. these places need to learn who is actually buying things there instead of guessing based on what shareholders say. sure, stores need to make something to keep them afloat, but even more important is customer opinion which can and will tank a business faster than a bad quarter even if they don't publicly acknowledge it happening. pleased customers who are getting what they want shop more frequently and buy more while staying with the store that gives them what they want, especially compared with those who aren't.

Reactions: artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
Back