recommended brands of plastic pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

User74975

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I bought some plastic pants from an incontinence supplier and im finding that within weeks the begin to split... Ive ordered some from anoter place , but wondering what brand other would recomend.. ideally under £15 per item

Reactions: Jorelaxed
If you’re based in the UK then Halan plastic pants from Amazon are very good.

Kin’s plastic pants are my favourites but the postage from Canada is very slow and a little expensive

Reactions: User74975, Trina, Lethdale and 1 other person
I live in the US so not sure if this will help, but I order my plastic pants through Amazon. I buy the Leakmaster brands and I think they're made by Gary which is a good brand. That said, the thinner plastic pants need special care. They don't like soap or oil as they are derived from a petroleum product. I rinse mine out when I'm in the shower, letting just water clean them off. I also pull the elastic parts out straight as the water needs to wash all the plastic. Never put plastic pants in the dryer. I hang mine up on a plastic hanger to air dry.

Reactions: sissysissy, User74975, infantdale and 2 others
I know that my favorite waterproof covers are the Silence Pants from Incontrol/Rearz. They hold up really well, and actually do help silence. The elastic is just the right width too!

Reactions: User74975 and Lethdale
Yet another US baby here. My current favorites are the Rearz DL Night Covers. They’re a high-waisted PUL pant, available in a variety of prints. I use them with traditional cloth diapers. Versus a lot of vinyl options, these are very accommodating of my chunkier thighs. I have a 36-inch waist and 27-inch thighs. In many vinyl pants, that means getting a 2XL just so my legs fit through the holes!

Anyway, I mention that because if this is your first time shopping for plastic pants, be sure you’re considering all of your measurements. Shopping for waist size alone can be a recipe for disappointment.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy, User74975, Sissybabyminky and 3 others
Cottontail said:
My current favorites are the Rearz DL Night Covers.
I have been itching to try those, I just have not been able to pull the trigger because of the price.

I have been having more leaks at night lately, so I may take the plunge of those soon...

Reactions: User74975 and Cottontail
dogboy said:
I live in the US so not sure if this will help, but I order my plastic pants through Amazon. I buy the Leakmaster brands and I think they're made by Gary which is a good brand. That said, the thinner plastic pants need special care. They don't like soap or oil as they are derived from a petroleum product. I rinse mine out when I'm in the shower, letting just water clean them off. I also pull the elastic parts out straight as the water needs to wash all the plastic. Never put plastic pants in the dryer. I hang mine up on a plastic hanger to air dry.
Leakmaster plastic pants, in several varieties including PUL, are available from Adult Cloth Diaper company. Gary is another brand, which ACD sells also. Their plastic pants are cut just a bit differently. Quality for both brands is very good. It's really a matter of personal choice, what works well for you

Reactions: User74975
Here in the U.S. I buy mostly from myprotex.com. I have their brand as well as Gary and Rearz. None are discreet at all though. For discreet (and surprising inexpensive - 3 pair for $7.99) I go to Save Rite. I'm not sure exactly the url, but if you google save rite medical or save rite diapers, you will find them. Unfortunately, they only carry a pull-up version. I like them and have several pairs, but the package says there is also a snap-up version available. I haven't found the snap-up version anywhere, but would love to.

Reactions: Angelapinks and User74975
diaperabigale said:
I bought some plastic pants from an incontinence supplier and im finding that within weeks the begin to split... Ive ordered some from anoter place , but wondering what brand other would recomend.. ideally under £15 per item
Haian, as mentioned by Forced.
You probably bought too small; plastic pants need to be big and puffy because the material doesn't have the strength of woven fabric and, if worn tightly, will tear at or around the seams during movement.

Tcsb a german Company , made in germany and the sheet is one ever the best ever

Wh
dogboy said:
at excellent advice I find the washing machine certainly does curtail the life of plastic pants.

Reactions: Angelapinks, dogboy and User74975
Cottontail said:
Yet another US baby here. My current favorites are the Rearz DL Night Covers. They’re a high-waisted PUL pant, available in a variety of prints. I use them with traditional cloth diapers. Versus a lot of vinyl options, these are very accommodating of my chunkier thighs. I have a 36-inch waist and 27-inch thighs. In many vinyl pants, that means getting a 2XL just so my legs fit through the holes!

Anyway, I mention that because if this is your first time shopping for plastic pants, be sure you’re considering all of your measurements. Shopping for waist size alone can be a recipe for disappointment.
Another excellent article ref plastic pants with sound advice thank you

babydave611 said:
Here in the U.S. I buy mostly from myprotex.com. I have their brand as well as Gary and Rearz. None are discreet at all though. For discreet (and surprising inexpensive - 3 pair for $7.99) I go to Save Rite. I'm not sure exactly the url, but if you google save rite medical or save rite diapers, you will find them. Unfortunately, they only carry a pull-up version. I like them and have several pairs, but the package says there is also a snap-up version available. I haven't found the snap-up version anywhere, but would love to.
The Save Rite brand is Fiberlinks. Very durable and inexpensive. and can be found on Amazon. I think the best are Gary and Rearz but more expensive.

Cottontail said:

Thanks for the info on the Rearz DL Night Covers. Several years ago I was looking for high back PUL plastic pants and couldn't find any. The high backs significantly help in stopping leaks while asleep and PUL plastic pants last for years.

Reactions: Cottontail
I have 4 pair of plastic pants from MYPROTEX.
Their ABDL line is BIG BABY GEAR.

Hi diaperAbigale, I have recently tried out the Eeost brand from Amazon, they are wonderfully soft and protect good against diaper leaks.

My goto was always the nylon(i think) pants from gary. They last a long time. I also have some from North Shore now too, sizing is different of course, but they seem to hold up good.

The true plastic pants, i always found to not last that long myself, but havent tried the auctual plastic pants in many years so maybe they are better now.

I also have some rubber pants as well, they work great as well, just rather heavy though.

Id say Haian plastic pants are pretty good. Well made from China not cheap thin types either. I have a 3 pack and were reasonable. Amazon has them.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Sissybabyminky said:
Wh

at excellent advice I find the washing machine certainly does curtail the life of plastic pants.
I always hand wash and hang to dry all my plastic and rubber pants but they will still tear eventually due to age or if urine and lotion get on them at some point. The plastic gets a little stiff and cracks or tears while rubber can also get the same way due to age. I find that most or my rubber pants, the heavier gauge ones are now splitting along the waistline and my thinner ones have torn.

Drylife make ones which are very like the ones of my childhood - plastic with elastics under the plastic so fewer leaks. The trouble is they are often out of stock so you have to buy them when you see them

Reactions: Angelapinks and Deleted member 39193
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back