Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleRascal

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So for the past 6 months I’ve gone 24/7 and it sounds exactly like it is wearing/using diapers/nappies for 24 hours a day 7 days a week I’ve compiled a list of pros and cons to this I’ll start with the pros!

Pros
* Comfortable (seriously!) it’s like a continuous hug!
* Ease of use/not having to get up to use the toilet (this is good if you’re into video games)
* Might be subjective but they help me get to sleep easier and to sleep for longer
* Surprisingly easy to hide or at least people don’t care like we often think we do (spotlight effect) I’ve not had one person mention it.

These are subjective could be pros/cons depending on what you want to achieve

* My privates have genuinely shrunk (this isn’t a joke wearing 24/7 certainly shrinks male parts) if I was to guess by about 50%! Not a con for me as I like feeling little.
* Sex drive has dropped significantly/low libido (I’m 22 for context) this is probably a result of the shrinking
* Mild incontinence (not really much because I still hold it but it’s not as easy to hold anymore as it once was)
* They do what they’re supposed to and have regressed me physically and mentally

Next are the cons

* They stink! (Seriously you will have to throw them out regularly!)
* Cost! (This could be subjective but they’re not cheap depending on the brand)
* Living arrangements (Thankfully I have very supportive people and it’s not an issue but it could be!)
* Can’t not wear them! (On the very few times I don’t wear them at the doctors for example I want nothing more than to put one on)

With that there’s the pros/cons to wearing 24/7 I don’t think I could stop now even if I wanted to I’ve just come back from a hospital appointment and I’m about to change into my little apparel I wouldn’t say it’s an addiction it’s more of a genuine need but a comforting one at that it’s amazing but once you start you can’t stop so it really is a commitment.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences on going 24/7

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, littlefun, babyamelia and 21 others
Having never quite gone 24/7, I wouldn’t presume to debate any of your points, however I suspect the sexual side effects are not universal. I spend about half my waking hours in diapers and also maintain and active sex life. In form and function, my boy parts are pretty much as they have been since my teens.

I’ll offer one of my own ‘cons’ though, which is not exactly a 24/7 con, but rather an almost-24/7 con—an issue for those of us who wear often but not always: Diapers have conditioned me to pee well before my bladder is full. That’s of course no problem when I’m in a diaper. When I’m not, it’s annoying. I can still hold my pee, but I’m more aware of my bladder than I used to be. The biggest casualty of this has been the quality of my sleep. I’ve had to be more careful about drinking before bed, because the slightest fullness will keep me awake. At some point I’m sure I’ll talk to my wife about sleeping in diapers, but I’m also not eager to need them for sleep, so… 🤷

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, douglasfir77, medfet878 and 6 others
I just did a trial of 24/7 for a week straight. Not long enough for more long-term outlooks, but here are some immediate things I noticed.

Pros
  • Really, really comfortable. Both physically and mentally. Physically, a wet diaper feels like a warm hug, and especially a messy diaper. Mentally, wearing diapers and using them like a toddler made me feel really little and comforted.
  • Most people don't notice. When they do, they don't care enough to say anything.
  • My hygiene "down there" was BETTER than when I wasn't wearing, despite the fact that my diapers were constantly wet and I was messing in them. When you wear often, you fully clean that area every couple of hours, so it makes sense why.
Neutrals
  • You get used to peeing whenever, wherever. I found myself peeing in continuous small wettings. And I barely had to put any thought into doing it either. Over time, this could lead to incontinence.
  • You're going to have embarrassing moments (I had a really bad leak in public). However, this also acts as a great confidence booster too.
Cons
  • Cost, cost, cost. Seriously, 24/7 is really expensive. Not only diapers, but changing supplies too: baby powder, disposal bags, and ESPECIALLY baby wipes.
  • Changing in a public restroom. You need really high confidence to do this. Even in bathrooms where there's no stalls, just one room, you have to worry about lines forming outside. Over time, you get better at doing it, and you're confidence increases. But man, is it difficult in the beginning.
So that's about everything for me. Thanks for reading my essay! 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater, swirrll and 11 others
DiaperedElmo said:
I just did a trial of 24/7 for a week straight. Not long enough for more long-term outlooks, but here are some immediate things I noticed.

Pros
  • Really, really comfortable. Both physically and mentally. Physically, a wet diaper feels like a warm hug, and especially a messy diaper. Mentally, wearing diapers and using them like a toddler made me feel really little and comforted.
  • Most people don't notice. When they do, they don't care enough to say anything.
  • My hygiene "down there" was BETTER than when I wasn't wearing, despite the fact that my diapers were constantly wet and I was messing in them. When you wear often, you fully clean that area every couple of hours, so it makes sense why.
Neutrals
  • You get used to peeing whenever, wherever. I found myself peeing in continuous small wettings. And I barely had to put any thought into doing it either. Over time, this could lead to incontinence.
  • You're going to have embarrassing moments (I had a really bad leak in public). However, this also acts as a great confidence booster too.
Cons
  • Cost, cost, cost. Seriously, 24/7 is really expensive. Not only diapers, but changing supplies too: baby powder, disposal bags, and ESPECIALLY baby wipes.
  • Changing in a public restroom. You need really high confidence to do this. Even in bathrooms where there's no stalls, just one room, you have to worry about lines forming outside. Over time, you get better at doing it, and you're confidence increases. But man, is it difficult in the beginning.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. I’ve not even managed a week full-time yet, the longest I have done was a four-day long weekend, (24/4?) - about 100 hours actually, from around midday on the Thursday to around 4pm on the following Monday. Reading your thoughts and feelings I have to say that your observations are pretty much identical to my experiences - but I had no leaks thankfully!

I have just spent a further weekend in nappies last weekend, around two and a half days, and I think these relatively short periods work well for me within a quite busy work/social environment. But, having said that I would like to try and make time to explore a longer spell, maybe by combining a couple of weekends with the days in between to allow for a period wearing and using for ten or eleven days straight perhaps? My major concern would be ’other people’, but as you have mentioned, ‘most people don’t notice’ so maybe I’m worrying a bit too much! Thanks again for posting your thoughts, it’s been very helpful! 😊

Reactions: Edgewater, medfet878, Blekyss and 2 others
DiaperedElmo said:

Pros
Neutrals
Cons

When out and about the absolute quickest and most silent change without taking off trousers and shoes is Tena Flex.

Not the cutest diaper but definitely the easiest to do standing or in a public type situation (stall/cubicle)

Reactions: diaperdude, Edgewater, medfet878 and 2 others
One public changing scenario I’ve found that’s easy is to go to a hospital or a clinic and use their restrooms. The best scenario would be a location with multiple single-room bathrooms, so you can be certain you’re not impeding access through a single choke point, but if necessary, changing in an accessible stall in a normal bathroom probably won’t cause anyone to batt an eye. You’re also likely to find they care less about finding a diaper in their trash, so long as you don’t walk in wearing full ABDL regalia.

Here, I’ll go back to the general advice to have at least as much discretion as an incontinent person.

Reactions: Edgewater, YakuiAndOzoi, medfet878 and 3 others
I'm not quite at that point yet, so far only on day 12 of 24/7 and for me and my circumstances at times this means still using a toilet here and there, for example I only really get the opportunity to change once at work without questions being asked so I use the toilet while changing on my lunchbreak and then my second nappy I try to only leak little bits at a time and if I start feeling like there is a really big wee coming use the toilet to let it out and then go back to small spurts. The rest of the time I just go whenever it needs to.

Also While I enjoy messing, depending on what nappy I'm currently wearing and what my plans for the next couple hours are (and whether it feels like a looser or really smelly BM) I might go to the toilet for that.

Pro's
  • Definitely more comfortable as has been said for the same reasons but also the fact that I normally would hold on for a while untill I really needed to go before using a toilet and by letting little bits out regularly I get less twinges in the bladder department.
  • More contented/relaxed, I feel genuinely better and happier in the day and less prone to stress.
  • Not having to stop what I'm doing to go to the toilet or leave where I'm working.
  • Nobody has said anything or shown any sign of noticing yet
  • Better sleep
  • I can now pee much more easily while actually walking without having to stop moving to let it out, still have to concentrate on it a bit though to get started.
  • Agree with @DiaperedElmo about hygene, I've had issues with very sensitive skin down there and easily prone to rashes the last couple years but even being in a wet nappy for longer periods at work unable to change I am washing more and using moistuisers more and my skin is less itchy than it has been for a while now.
Con's
  • yeah definitely cost, I'm using cloth which works out cheaper over time but more expensive to start, also extra diaper specific detergent, wash cycles, creams etc.
  • Washing them all the time, Using cloth means I generally have a full load to go in every 3 days, aside from the cost of this (still cheaper than disposables) is the hassle of doing it all and having nappies on the line/radiator al the time
  • Smell, nobody has commented yet but I do notice a bit of a smell coming off after a while in a wet one at work sometimes (usually when I havn't drunk a lot of water but more water means I would need more changes which isn't possible.)
  • while it hasn't happened yet (only 12 days in) something that will be a con is always carrying changes (don't drive so can't keep things in a car) and finding somewhere to do so. though changing in public is not so bad using the threaded armor that I have as they snap in and out very quickly and quietly.
  • Not having had enough experience yet with exactly how far I can push these threaded armors I am constantly worrying if the next little spurt will cause a leak. So far I have found if I already wet my second work quite a bit and started using the toilet thinking more would just leak after getting home and letting go to see how much more I could have done they have held up and I regret having gone to the toilet but I still worry about it a lot, hopefully this will lessen as I get more used to them.
This is not exactly a con but something heavily on my mind this week, on the 23rd this month I have a hospital appointment for an MRI for my high blood presure and I am in two minds about whether I should wear one to it or take the afternoon off. In theory I should be fine and if I have to spend at least 2 hours (what they say to expect) in the hospital, especially laying still on the machine, it's the perfect time to be padded.

But all the trousers I own have zips and that little metal hook thing so they may tell me I need to take them off and I'd rather not have to explain the nappy to them, even if I don't have to remove the trousers the bulge/any "wet" smell may be more obvious as I am laying there. at the same time they are probably used to seeing people wearing nappies and are not all that interested in questioning it, so I don't know what to do.

Reactions: Edgewater, medfet878, Blekyss and 3 others
Cottontail said:
Having never quite gone 24/7, I wouldn’t presume to debate any of your points, however I suspect the sexual side effects are not universal. I spend about half my waking hours in diapers and also maintain and active sex life. In form and function, my boy parts are pretty much as they have been since my teens.

I’ll offer one of my own ‘cons’ though, which is not exactly a 24/7 con, but rather an almost-24/7 con—an issue for those of us who wear often but not always: Diapers have conditioned me to pee well before my bladder is full. That’s of course no problem when I’m in a diaper. When I’m not, it’s annoying. I can still hold my pee, but I’m more aware of my bladder than I used to be. The biggest casualty of this has been the quality of my sleep. I’ve had to be more careful about drinking before bed, because the slightest fullness will keep me awake. At some point I’m sure I’ll talk to my wife about sleeping in diapers, but I’m also not eager to need them for sleep, so… 🤷

Yeah half your waking hours will give your parts time to breath believe me full 24/7 doesn’t hold that option 😂 very valid point though I know exactly what you mean by that I’m currently fitted to a life card monitoring my heart rate so can’t shower/bath for the next 24 hours so I’m deciding not to wear (it’s affecting me a bit mentally 😂) but anyway I needed to do my business 1 and 2 and my goodness I had to bolt to the bathroom and genuinely almost didn’t make it. My bowels are more incontinent than my bladder! I did though thankfully but my goodness.

Reactions: Edgewater and medfet878
Belarin said:
I'm not quite at that point yet, so far only on day 12 of 24/7 and for me and my circumstances at times this means still using a toilet here and there, for example I only really get the opportunity to change once at work without questions being asked so I use the toilet while changing on my lunchbreak and then my second nappy I try to only leak little bits at a time and if I start feeling like there is a really big wee coming use the toilet to let it out and then go back to small spurts. The rest of the time I just go whenever it needs to.

Also While I enjoy messing, depending on what nappy I'm currently wearing and what my plans for the next couple hours are (and whether it feels like a looser or really smelly BM) I might go to the toilet for that.

Pro's
  • Definitely more comfortable as has been said for the same reasons but also the fact that I normally would hold on for a while untill I really needed to go before using a toilet and by letting little bits out regularly I get less twinges in the bladder department.
  • More contented/relaxed, I feel genuinely better and happier in the day and less prone to stress.
  • Not having to stop what I'm doing to go to the toilet or leave where I'm working.
  • Nobody has said anything or shown any sign of noticing yet
  • Better sleep
  • I can now pee much more easily while actually walking without having to stop moving to let it out, still have to concentrate on it a bit though to get started.
  • Agree with @DiaperedElmo about hygene, I've had issues with very sensitive skin down there and easily prone to rashes the last couple years but even being in a wet nappy for longer periods at work unable to change I am washing more and using moistuisers more and my skin is less itchy than it has been for a while now.
Con's
  • yeah definitely cost, I'm using cloth which works out cheaper over time but more expensive to start, also extra diaper specific detergent, wash cycles, creams etc.
  • Washing them all the time, Using cloth means I generally have a full load to go in every 3 days, aside from the cost of this (still cheaper than disposables) is the hassle of doing it all and having nappies on the line/radiator al the time
  • Smell, nobody has commented yet but I do notice a bit of a smell coming off after a while in a wet one at work sometimes (usually when I havn't drunk a lot of water but more water means I would need more changes which isn't possible.)
  • while it hasn't happened yet (only 12 days in) something that will be a con is always carrying changes (don't drive so can't keep things in a car) and finding somewhere to do so. though changing in public is not so bad using the threaded armor that I have as they snap in and out very quickly and quietly.
  • Not having had enough experience yet with exactly how far I can push these threaded armors I am constantly worrying if the next little spurt will cause a leak. So far I have found if I already wet my second work quite a bit and started using the toilet thinking more would just leak after getting home and letting go to see how much more I could have done they have held up and I regret having gone to the toilet but I still worry about it a lot, hopefully this will lessen as I get more used to them.
This is not exactly a con but something heavily on my mind this week, on the 23rd this month I have a hospital appointment for an MRI for my high blood presure and I am in two minds about whether I should wear one to it or take the afternoon off. In theory I should be fine and if I have to spend at least 2 hours (what they say to expect) in the hospital, especially laying still on the machine, it's the perfect time to be padded.

But all the trousers I own have zips and that little metal hook thing so they may tell me I need to take them off and I'd rather not have to explain the nappy to them, even if I don't have to remove the trousers the bulge/any "wet" smell may be more obvious as I am laying there. at the same time they are probably used to seeing people wearing nappies and are not all that interested in questioning it, so I don't know what to do.

Anything medical/hospital related I just take them off I don’t count medical needs or things out of my control as my 24/7 it’s important to not get into the I must 24/7 role because then it takes away the comfort and just adds stress. In my opinion take it off if something causes worry and or doubt just don’t do it.

Reactions: Edgewater, blaincorrous, medfet878 and 3 others
LittleMonsterUK said:
Anything medical/hospital related I just take them off I don’t count medical needs or things out of my control as my 24/7 it’s important to not get into the I must 24/7 role because then it takes away the comfort and just adds stress. In my opinion take it off if something causes worry and or doubt just don’t do it.
It's not even a worry really, closer to nervousness but not even that, more like confusion over whether it would be a bad idea or not or if it might cause issues down the line.

Belarin said:
It's not even a worry really, closer to nervousness but not even that, more like confusion over whether it would be a bad idea or not or if it might cause issues down the line.

Exactly so just avoid the issue to begin with or if you want to do it then do it but they definitely tell you to take off your trousers it’s standard procedure I believe

My list as a 24/7’er

Pro: Actually being able to be my full self.

Cons: chaffing

Reactions: Edgewater, BabyHailey1977, robdl15 and 2 others
i wear for pleasure. 24/7 during the cold weather and always at night. Years ago I banished the cats from the bedroom because they kept me up. Diapers allow me to get up, pee, and go back to bed. If I use the bathroom, they will demand to be fed and create a scene outside the bedroom.

Reactions: Edgewater, medfet878, Blekyss and 1 other person
Seasonedcitizen said:
i wear for pleasure. 24/7 during the cold weather and always at night. Years ago I banished the cats from the bedroom because they kept me up. Diapers allow me to get up, pee, and go back to bed. If I use the bathroom, they will demand to be fed and create a scene outside the bedroom.

I wear for pleasure too, and have done a few days of 24/7. I also wear at night sometimes, but I find one of the best benefits is NOT having to get up! 😊

Reactions: diaperdude, Edgewater, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
Str88jacketabdl said:
My list as a 24/7’er

Pro: Actually being able to be my full self.

Cons: chaffing

Oh yes chaffing 😬 I forgot about that but such an obvious con it can be reduced by learning to create a better fit and I can get away with it 9/10 but on the odd occasion it happens and drives me crazy!

Reactions: Edgewater, Seasonedcitizen and medfet878
Seasonedcitizen said:
I know all about that one! Thankfully the one cat who follows me into my room every night has learned to sleep next to me rather than demand to be petted for hours and get in the way of my diapering. I actually got back into diapers as a way to stay in bed and not have to open my door and let the cats in.-

Reactions: Edgewater, Seasonedcitizen and medfet878
Yeah I agree! When I went twenty four hours for I think a couple months or so, I experienced all of this. When I was out of them for even an hour I had to pee every five minutes. When I put underwear on I felt kinda naked. I got really used to having them on. I had some accidents as well. I like this list couse it really helps me think about and process my experience. I don't think I consider the intense feeling of needing to wear them a con. I would consider it neutral.

Reactions: disabledinconben, Edgewater, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
LittleMonsterUK said:
So for the past 6 months I’ve gone 24/7 and it sounds exactly like it is wearing/using diapers/nappies for 24 hours a day 7 days a week I’ve compiled a list of pros and cons to this I’ll start with the pros!

Pros
* Comfortable (seriously!) it’s like a continuous hug!
* Ease of use/not having to get up to use the toilet (this is good if you’re into video games)
* Might be subjective but they help me get to sleep easier and to sleep for longer
* Surprisingly easy to hide or at least people don’t care like we often think we do (spotlight effect) I’ve not had one person mention it.

These are subjective could be pros/cons depending on what you want to achieve

* My privates have genuinely shrunk (this isn’t a joke wearing 24/7 certainly shrinks male parts) if I was to guess by about 50%! Not a con for me as I like feeling little.
* Sex drive has dropped significantly/low libido (I’m 22 for context) this is probably a result of the shrinking
* Mild incontinence (not really much because I still hold it but it’s not as easy to hold anymore as it once was)
* They do what they’re supposed to and have regressed me physically and mentally

Next are the cons

* They stink! (Seriously you will have to throw them out regularly!)
* Cost! (This could be subjective but they’re not cheap depending on the brand)
* Living arrangements (Thankfully I have very supportive people and it’s not an issue but it could be!)
* Can’t not wear them! (On the very few times I don’t wear them at the doctors for example I want nothing more than to put one on)

With that there’s the pros/cons to wearing 24/7 I don’t think I could stop now even if I wanted to I’ve just come back from a hospital appointment and I’m about to change into my little apparel I wouldn’t say it’s an addiction it’s more of a genuine need but a comforting one at that it’s amazing but once you start you can’t stop so it really is a commitment.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences on going 24/7
I have been incontinent for 30 years and I don't think I could ever feel safe without them anymore. After all this time, it is just natural and safe place. Not many people care what you wear under your normal clothes so don't worry about others. Incontinence is not what many think it is but it's also not over burdening.

Reactions: BabyLouise, Edgewater, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
pdiapered said:
Yeah I agree! When I went twenty four hours for I think a couple months or so, I experienced all of this. When I was out of them for even an hour I had to pee every five minutes. When I put underwear on I felt kinda naked. I got really used to having them on. I had some accidents as well. I like this list couse it really helps me think about and process my experience. I don't think I consider the intense feeling of needing to wear them a con. I would consider it neutral.

I suppose yeah it’s not actually a bad thing but to me it’s a con because I hardly have the option of underwear anymore 😂

Reactions: Edgewater and Seasonedcitizen
For me it is the psychological side. I can no longer trust my body. So if I don't wear I am frittered that I will wet,

I don't know if that is a pro or a con where ever I go for more than about 6 hours I have my changing bag with me, this includes going to work.

I still enjoy the confort diapers give me even though I am in them everyday.

Reactions: Edgewater and Seasonedcitizen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back