Pros and cons of 24/7 for 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
CherryPie said:
I spent the month of January wearing 24/7. All in all a pleasant experience and no leaks to report. I think it’s important to use a diaper you have confidence in. Mines is the Tena active fit Maxi & Ultima which I have chosen to wear all the time based on comfort, reliability and discreetness. Not to mention they are competitively priced. I pay about £14 odds for a pack with a subscription from one of the online shops. Wearing 24/7, I genuinely feel happier in myself and it gives me a great sense of wellbeing.

That being said, I took a break for a week to see how I feel. As much as I want to wear 24/7, I don’t want my life to revolve around diapers. So I’m definitely going to continue wearing them to bed every night. And I feel fine to continue wearing 24/7 but I’m going to keep it in mind that if there’s a day where I don’t feel like wearing - then that’s fine I don’t need to. Also if it’s not practical to wear at times then that’s also fine. I appreciate that I have that choice and I would never want to become dependent on them.
This is a very sensible approach as it wouldn’t be good to feel stressed and pressured to try and remain strictly 24/7 if you have a day or two when you don’t feel like wearing, or where wearing may prove difficult or feel inappropriate and I’m sure your decision going forward will work well.

I would like to consider wearing more often eventually and if I do, I would certainly follow your lead on this.

Reactions: Edgewater
CherryPie said:
I spent the month of January wearing 24/7. All in all a pleasant experience and no leaks to report. I think it’s important to use a diaper you have confidence in. Mines is the Tena active fit Maxi & Ultima which I have chosen to wear all the time based on comfort, reliability and discreetness. Not to mention they are competitively priced. I pay about £14 odds for a pack with a subscription from one of the online shops. Wearing 24/7, I genuinely feel happier in myself and it gives me a great sense of wellbeing.

That being said, I took a break for a week to see how I feel. As much as I want to wear 24/7, I don’t want my life to revolve around diapers. So I’m definitely going to continue wearing them to bed every night. And I feel fine to continue wearing 24/7 but I’m going to keep it in mind that if there’s a day where I don’t feel like wearing - then that’s fine I don’t need to. Also if it’s not practical to wear at times then that’s also fine. I appreciate that I have that choice and I would never want to become dependent on them.
This is basically the approach I have been taking, I have been wearing overnight and throughout the day, when I get home most days I will have some time out of nappies, partly due to still building a good stock of cloth and partly to let things air but also just to have time out of them. And on weekends I don't always wear them all day if i'm not feeling it.

Moreover while I will happily wet the nappies I'm wearing wherever I am, I still use the toilet at times when it would be more inconvenient to use the nappy, or if I know it will be too much to be held I also mostly do no. 2's in the toilet unless I'm at home and feel like using the nappy. My thoughts with this are that while I am happy to be wearing close to 24/7 it doesn't mean I have to stop using the toilet completely.

So far the biggest problem encountered is having a full load of washing every 2-3 days and having to dry it all on a radiator because the weather is too cold for line drying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and Deleted member 39193
The one good thing about wearing 24/7 is that if it becomes medically necessary to do it, I have the materials and routine planned.

Reactions: Edgewater and BabyHailey1977
Seasonedcitizen said:
The one good thing about wearing 24/7 is that if it becomes medically necessary to do it, I have the materials and routine planned.
My therapist believes my diapers will be a medical necessity within a year. I have an initial appointment with a urologist on Friday.

• Sad
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Edgewater
Joediaper said:
I have been wearing almost every night for years. It's really not so bad. My mind and body are still in tune enough to wake me when I don't wear which is few and far between so if I have to go without I can.

Since I have started wearing almost every night my sleep patterns have improved a lot. I wake feeling much more rested and alert than I have in the past. My mind and body know I have one on and most times I don't even stir when I wet. When I do I usually wake only enough to know I'm going and fall back to sleep almost as soon as I'm done. I never thought I would end up relying on diapers for anything but good sleep is very important to me.
I actually did asleep study at the hospital last night. The lady conducting the study acted surprised I did not get up one time last night. Of course I did not disclose I was incontinent or wearing a diaper to the tech as it was not her concern and as my PJs covered me pretty good. The poor bastard in the room next to me I heard him go to the restroom about 4 times that I know of when I was awake. We had a bathroom in between our rooms we shared. I have pretty much slept in a diaper my entire life and 100% all of my adult life. I can only imagine how bad it sucks for most middle aged men. I mean I sometimes wake up as I am am peeing or shortly after but most the time I sleep through. It is sleep apnea and chronic pain that keeps me awake at nigh not my bladder.

BabyHailey1977 said:
I had a problem with chaffing until I started using Body Glide….it’s a life changer.

Hey Hailey how long does the body glide last I’m about to buy some but want to know if I should buy one 42g or two.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
I would hopefully want to wear 24/7 someday, not today though.

Having been 24 /7, U-IC for nearing 5 decades I can say that if you are not yet dependent, please do not proceed to that point. There are no hours off, days off, weeks off or vacation off. You have to wear them 24/7 regardless of where you are going and who you may see and whether there is any question, Yes, you will be wearing your diaper.

Play as much as you like, enjoy the comfort of wearing a diaper and being wet, but please do not cause yourself to become either of both U-IC and/or F-IC.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and DinoFrant
LittleMonsterUK said:
So for the past 6 months I’ve gone 24/7 and it sounds exactly like it is wearing/using diapers/nappies for 24 hours a day 7 days a week I’ve compiled a list of pros and cons to this I’ll start with the pros!

Pros
* Comfortable (seriously!) it’s like a continuous hug!
* Ease of use/not having to get up to use the toilet (this is good if you’re into video games)
* Might be subjective but they help me get to sleep easier and to sleep for longer
* Surprisingly easy to hide or at least people don’t care like we often think we do (spotlight effect) I’ve not had one person mention it.

These are subjective could be pros/cons depending on what you want to achieve

* My privates have genuinely shrunk (this isn’t a joke wearing 24/7 certainly shrinks male parts) if I was to guess by about 50%! Not a con for me as I like feeling little.
* Sex drive has dropped significantly/low libido (I’m 22 for context) this is probably a result of the shrinking
* Mild incontinence (not really much because I still hold it but it’s not as easy to hold anymore as it once was)
* They do what they’re supposed to and have regressed me physically and mentally

Next are the cons

* They stink! (Seriously you will have to throw them out regularly!)
* Cost! (This could be subjective but they’re not cheap depending on the brand)
* Living arrangements (Thankfully I have very supportive people and it’s not an issue but it could be!)
* Can’t not wear them! (On the very few times I don’t wear them at the doctors for example I want nothing more than to put one on)

With that there’s the pros/cons to wearing 24/7 I don’t think I could stop now even if I wanted to I’ve just come back from a hospital appointment and I’m about to change into my little apparel I wouldn’t say it’s an addiction it’s more of a genuine need but a comforting one at that it’s amazing but once you start you can’t stop so it really is a commitment.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences on going 24/7
About the diapers smelling. I suggest a diaper pail. They make diapers genies for adult diapers, and mine sits in my room and absolutley seals in the smell.

LittleMonsterUK said:
Hey Hailey how long does the body glide last I’m about to buy some but want to know if I should buy one 42g or two.
It goes on like deodorant and lasts me all day

BabyHailey1977 said:
It goes on like deodorant and lasts me all day

I mean how long does the actual product last sorry

Reactions: BabyHailey1977 and Edgewater
LittleMonsterUK said:
I mean how long does the actual product last sorry
Daily use about a month or so

So I’ve never gone any length of time diapered except for one or two at a time. I’m still living this out in secret. But I have dabbled in tight fitting briefs. Mostly sized for boys. Many of the store brands have XL or even XXL that fit just fine. Like an adult M in mens. I have had to cut back because my wife and I want to have kids and my sperm count is at 1% perfectly healthy and the clinic wants it at 4% or above. So loose fitting underwear is an easy lifestyle adjustment that may help. Taking this knowledge. It has also been proven that men who work in high heat environments tend to have lower sperm counts fewer perfectly healthy sperm. So temperature does affect sperm quantity and quality. Wearing a diaper has padding and a plastic liner (even if it’s cloth-like) traps heat doesn’t allow for things to breathe. I can’t remember if the testis being hot reduces testosterone production or simply just reduces sperm production. I’d imagine it likely does reduce testosterone production. Reduced testosterone will likely reduce erections intentional or unintentional. Which can cause atrophy. If the diaper is tight fitting. It’s likely that even if your body wanted to have an erection. There may not be enough room. It may act as a form of chastity cage. Enough time with high heat and restriction of the penis could account for reduced size and libido. A form of low key castration is maintained for a long enough time. Given all the right (or wrong depending how you look at it) conditions are met. Just understand that if you get it in your head that this sounds appealing to you. There may lasting or permanent damage done. Where things happen in our lives where we have a change of heart. Where somehow we decide we want to have a family or want to sexually please a spouse and share in the experience. Having a reduced size penis that doesn’t function fully sexually may complicate things. So I would advise against it if possible.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Edgewater and WillFord384
I've been mostly 24/7 for about 6 years now, with the first 3 of those years solidly 24/7, and the last three of them vacillating between long stints of 24/7 with periods of reverting to knickers, to long stints of 24/7 with periods of reverting to pullups.

I would say, right now, that I am very much nappy trained. I started 6 years ago having some bladder issues, with urgency and leakage, and decided at that time that I would entertain my love of wearing nappies by using my bladder issues as a bit of a push into seeing how 24/7 would work for me. I saw a urologist and an associate professor about my issues (which seemed to stem from my MtF surgery way back when), and decided to not proceed any further with investigations. I had also been seeing a continence nurse.

The 3 year stint in nappies went well, although I had increasing issues with constipation due to my fighting the bowel urges all the time. I would constantly attempt to delay doing a poop until nappy change time. This led to a lot of pain, and very hard poop at times.

Then COVID lockdowns hit. Perfect time to just go screw it, right? Go all in, and let it all out, right?

Well, no. The isolation of being away from the office, and the massive changes to one's daily routine, made me rather lazy. I started experimenting with how I did my nappies, for things like boosters, and clothing, and putting on a cloth nappy over my disposable for that extra bulk and "feel". My nappy change routine went out the window, and I would take over an hour to get changed, which made me lazier. Then one day, my mind popped up the question - "Would it just be easier to change into knickers?".

And that was the catalyst to start the last three years of vascillating back and forth between wearing nappies and "technically" not wearing nappies.

But here's the problem. I found that, yes, I could hold my pee, and for hours at a time too, but it was often painful, the urges were still there, the urges were sometimes totally out of proportion to the amount of pee I'd pass into the toilet, and I was constantly ending up in damp/wet knickers. I was also seeing increasing incidences of fecal smearing, so I'd decide to go back into nappies for a few months at a time, and get lazy at change time again, and go back into knickers.

I hated that back and forth. So I made an order I didn't think I'd make, and acquired a few boxes of pullups. I then hid all of my knickers away, so I would be less likely to revert to using them again. This strategy has worked so far. Crazily, although I was in pullups from time to time, I never was able to unconsciously wet them like I could in my nappies, and I would still go to the toilet to pee and poop. I think this has been due to my fear of overwhelming them in a flood and leaking. However, I'd still end up with wet and slightly messy pullups anyway.

About a year or so ago, I decided that rather than fight the bowel urges, and end up in lots of pain, I would just do my poopies into my nappies. I'm not a stranger to this, as I had huge problems with pooping my pants when I was young. I'm still ok with this decision, and would consider it a success when I wake up messy in the mornings, much like when I was young.

Today, after 6 years of wearing nappies, I wet pretty much anywhere, and at any time. I don't think I dribble, as I can still feel releases happen, but release happens at the time of an urge hitting (and by urges, I'd describe them as a weird tummy upset/flutter kind of, then feel the release), and am unable to stop them. I wet in bed (mostly waking up each time), standing up from sitting for a while, making coffee, drinking a cold drink, at the petrol bowser, driving, shopping, hand under running water, sometimes just hearing running water. I'll seemingly pee a fair amount, then ten minutes later pee some more, then some more again, then maybe nothing for a couple of hours. So weird, and yet so fascinating. I have also experienced times where I'm in the middle of changing my nappy, and I do a wee, or I finish changing into a fresh nappy and wee (so nice fresh comfy nappy is immediately a bit wet... sigh), or I'm standing in my ensuite bathroom getting cleaned up after taking off my wet/dirty nappy, and I'll pee onto the floor uncontrollably.

As for pooping, it's becoming easier to accept doing it into my nappy, and more out of my conscious hands to reject or fight bowel urges. My body sometimes does this spasm, and I end up pushing before realising I'm pushing. I'm finding that some days i'm pooping multiple times a day, which I've not had in the past. Do I regret that decision to do poopies into my nappy? No.

At night, I sleep wonderfully well. I'm finding that I can fall asleep really quickly, and sleep throughout the night. I often wake up in the morning to my alarm, and _immediately_ wet my nappy. I feel so comfortable in my nappies some times that I don't want to take them off and change.

Even now, 6 years later, I'm experiencing wonderful feelings wearing nappies. Up until recently, I'd always be wearing a disposable mostly with inserts, and depending on my mood, put a cloth prefold over the top. I found that the prefold, and the bulkiness of the combination plus plastic pants plus a onesie, at night, gave me reassurance I would not wet the bed if I wet in any position (I'm a side sleeper), so my night wettings have progressed. It's that confidence thing again. So recently I thjought I'd try just cloth nappies, and plastic pants (I love plastic pants), and wow! So comfy!

My cons about going 24/7? My main concern is whether I'll end up having fecal accidents at work, and how to deal with those. I've tended to wear disposables with velcro tabs, so the option to race off to the toilet and drop the nappy to do a poop is an option. Apart from that, maybe social impacts (though I live life as a hermit socially). Family all know I have bladder and bowel issues, but maybe not to the extent I am currently experiencing. Cost is not an issue to me, and I have a good supply of both disposables and cloth nappies and supplies.

What is frustrating is that changes are gradual, and very undefined, until you discover things have changed a lot further along than thought. Exciting too.

I'm looking forward to experiencing more changes to my continence levels. The thought of requiring nappies 24/7 doesn't scare me.

pdiapered said:
Yeah I agree! When I went twenty four hours for I think a couple months or so, I experienced all of this. When I was out of them for even an hour I had to pee every five minutes. When I put underwear on I felt kinda naked. I got really used to having them on. I had some accidents as well. I like this list couse it really helps me think about and process my experience. I don't think I consider the intense feeling of needing to wear them a con. I would consider it neutral.
It really shrinks male sex organs??? How does that work?

• Love
I've been wearing diapers 24/7 for 3 1/2 years for wetting only. Since I don't mess, I pretty much have got really good at untaping one side of the diaper (usually the right side) then I'll let my diaper sit inside my pants until I'm finished on the potty, then I'll tape it back on assuming the diaper isn't so wet that the padding falls apart. If the padding does fall apart, I'll put a fresh one on.

I don't feel like doing a pros/cons format, so I'll just say this: I wouldn't have it any other way, diapers make me much happier and calmer. Unlike with underwear, you are basically wearing a brand new pair of underwear after every change and that feels very nice. And not needing to stop what I'm doing just to go pee is also great. Those of us who are gamers know exactly what I'm talking about. As well as those who go to the imax/theater for a 2-3 hour movie. No worries if you are wearing a megamax to the movie and order the extra large soda or iced tea and drink the whole thing, right? hahaha.

Really, the worst downside is the cost, especially now with the cost of everything going up. All I've done to mitigate that is wearing ABDL diapers a lot less and wearing medical a lot more. I mostly order my diapers from Northshore and since they raised the free shipping threshold from $100 to $150, I will order extra diapering supplies with my orders, so I get the most for my money (never hurts to have extra wipes, boosters, or disposal bags on hand anyway)

Simply put, do what makes you happy and you can't go wrong. I am not trying to become incontinent one bit, but my bladder has definitely increased in it's sensitivity to fullness, just like some of you have experienced. But I don't worry about it since I am padded all the time anyway. There are still some areas of improvement for my diaper use, for example I cannot wet myself while driving, no matter how hard I try to. I'm guessing that's because of nervousness. Otherwise, wetting is usually pretty easy. But I still find it interesting that I've been in diapers this long and I still have pee shyness going on.

Last edited:
disabledinconben said:
It really shrinks male sex organs??? How does that work?
I know that continus use of a chacity cage has that effect of making things shrink back, so I am guessing that while wearing a diaper 24/7 means that having an reaction become uncomfortable as it got nowhere to go.

And after a while it starts the shrink back.

But that is my gess and I'm Asexual so what do I know. Can any one else inlighten us.

Hugs

siysiy said:
I know that continus use of a chacity cage has that effect of making things shrink back, so I am guessing that while wearing a diaper 24/7 means that having an reaction become uncomfortable as it got nowhere to go.

And after a while it starts the shrink back.

But that is my gess and I'm Asexual so what do I know. Can any one else inlighten us.

Hugs
Yeah I had never ever heard that about diapers before. That’s horrifying. I would definitely like more info

LittleMonsterUK said:
So for the past 6 months I’ve gone 24/7 and it sounds exactly like it is wearing/using diapers/nappies for 24 hours a day 7 days a week I’ve compiled a list of pros and cons to this I’ll start with the pros!

Pros
* Comfortable (seriously!) it’s like a continuous hug!
* Ease of use/not having to get up to use the toilet (this is good if you’re into video games)
* Might be subjective but they help me get to sleep easier and to sleep for longer
* Surprisingly easy to hide or at least people don’t care like we often think we do (spotlight effect) I’ve not had one person mention it.

These are subjective could be pros/cons depending on what you want to achieve

* My privates have genuinely shrunk (this isn’t a joke wearing 24/7 certainly shrinks male parts) if I was to guess by about 50%! Not a con for me as I like feeling little.
* Sex drive has dropped significantly/low libido (I’m 22 for context) this is probably a result of the shrinking
* Mild incontinence (not really much because I still hold it but it’s not as easy to hold anymore as it once was)
* They do what they’re supposed to and have regressed me physically and mentally

Next are the cons

* They stink! (Seriously you will have to throw them out regularly!)
* Cost! (This could be subjective but they’re not cheap depending on the brand)
* Living arrangements (Thankfully I have very supportive people and it’s not an issue but it could be!)
* Can’t not wear them! (On the very few times I don’t wear them at the doctors for example I want nothing more than to put one on)

With that there’s the pros/cons to wearing 24/7 I don’t think I could stop now even if I wanted to I’ve just come back from a hospital appointment and I’m about to change into my little apparel I wouldn’t say it’s an addiction it’s more of a genuine need but a comforting one at that it’s amazing but once you start you can’t stop so it really is a commitment.

Let me know your thoughts and experiences on going 24/7
I’m intrigued by your comment about your privates shrinking, is this genuinely a thing? I wear every night and any chance I get during the days but this concerns me a little.
If it is a thing is it reversible or permanent?
I would be interested in hearing if anybody else has experienced this?

Bby said:
I’m intrigued by your comment about your privates shrinking, is this genuinely a thing? I wear every night and any chance I get during the days but this concerns me a little.
If it is a thing is it reversible or permanent?
I would be interested in hearing if anybody else has experienced this?

Mine have genuinely shrunk I don’t know if it affects everyone but it’s certainly affected me I’ve only been wearing on occasion now when I want to regress as I’ve been too fatigued to maintain 24/7 and they don’t really show signs of reverting but I feel like they would given time.

Without being too NSFW it’s a muscle at the end of the day and if it doesn’t get erect atrophy will kick in seems as diapers prevent this from happening it’s logical and for some reason when I apply baby powder on my parts they pretty much shrink instantly I don’t know if it’s something that’s happened subconsciously but that stuffs like magic as soon as I put it on my parts I’m definitely feeling little 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: siysiy and Edgewater
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back