Looking Younger Than You Are

LittleJ123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was at the grocery store last night, doing some shopping at the self checkout. For context, I was wearing an astronaut t-shirt with stars and planets on it with light blue jeans and converse shoes. Among my groceries was a bottle of ready to drink margarita mix (watermelon flavored). The self checkout machine announced that I needed associate approval to confirm my age (21 or older here in the USA) before I could finish checking out. A clerk in her late sixties came over and I showed her my ID. "I just need to make sure..." she started - inspecting the card "...because you look about twelve years old." I laughed at this. She suddenly realized how outspoken that must have sounded "I don't know, was that an insult or a compliment?" She asked me. "I'm sure it will pay off even more later on - when I'm older." I replied and smiled. "Have a great one!" I waved to her like a little kid, and she said goodbye. A lot of people might have been insulted by a comment like that - especially when it delays something they feel entitled to - like getting a drink. Honestly though, I really appreciated hearing that from her. Definitely made me feel little - even when I was trying to purchase groceries like an adult! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, babyscotty37, sylveonkitty and 12 others
Probably the most memorable time something like that happened to me was when I was driving once as a teenager and another teenager crossing in a crosswalk in front of my car looked at me and very loudly yelled something about how I was clearly not old enough to be driving.

I got carded pretty frequently until I was around 34 but I guess unfortunately I finally look old enough to clearly not need to be a carded.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diaperboy27, LittleJ123 and 1 other person
I've had a few of those moments over the years. Not "you look like you're twelve" but compliments here and there about looking younger than my chronological age. I don't have a "baby face", but I guess so far I'm aging gracefully.

@LittleJ123 I love how you handled that situation with a good-natured grace!

Reactions: LittleJ123, PadPhilosopher and Diaperboy27
I'm always getting carded when we are having a few adult drinks !
When I shopping for clothes for myself in the teen section, more then a few times I'm been ask if it for my kids !

• Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, PadPhilosopher, Diaperboy27 and 1 other person
I get that a lot. I'm in my mid-twenties but people guess my age to be anywhere between 12 and 20 and seem really surprised when I tell them they're wrong. My brother's fiance thought that I was younger than him for a very long time before somebody told her. It usually feels like a compliment so it doesn't bother me and it usually doesn't cause any problems either since I don't drink or smoke. I'm not sure why people think I'm younger than I am but I imagine it's probably because I'm fairly short and tend to dress very casually, a t-shirt and jeans, rather than dressing up.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diaperboy27, longallsboy and 1 other person
28 here and still get carded at the supermarket even with facial hair grown.

When shaven, I definitely look younger.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diaperboy27
🥹

Reactions: Diaperboy27
I’m 22, but get mistaken for 14-16 most of the time, tho sometimes younger. Over the past few years I’ve started wearing really big eyeliner and even dyed my hair recently and thought that would change people’s perception of my age but nope, it still happens, haha.
I’ve gone through TSA and have been asked who I’m flying with or where my adult is at because they assume I’m a minor who can’t fly alone. I’ve gone to bars with my friends and have had hosts look at me and then turn to my friends to tell them I couldn’t sit at the bar or be there with em before they even thought to ask for my ID, haha. Most recently a cashier sprung up conversation with me and said something like, “one day, when you’re in college…” not knowing I am a junior in college, and if it weren’t for a gap year I would’ve been graduating this year, haha.
I don’t mind it, I know it’s not a bad thing. I guess personally I don’t think I look that young but I guess I’m a lil biased.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, babyscotty37, Diaperboy27 and 6 others
LittleJ123 said:
"I just need to make sure..." she started - inspecting the card "...because you look about twelve years old."
lilbabyjooce said:
I’ve gone through TSA and have been asked who I’m flying with or where my adult is at because they assume I’m a minor who can’t fly alone.
D'aww. I'm really quite jealous. I'm one of those who's always looked older. I remember going to movies as a younger teen and being denied the child ticket price even though I was entitled to it.

In college I did several times get away with purchasing alcohol despite being underage. If there was a silver lining, I guess that was it! But now, looking back, that's just another one of the many dumb things I did when I was younger, heh.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diaperboy27, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
lilbabyjooce said:
I’m 22, but get mistaken for 14-16 most of the time, tho sometimes younger. Over the past few years I’ve started wearing really big eyeliner and even dyed my hair recently and thought that would change people’s perception of my age but nope, it still happens, haha.
I’ve gone through TSA and have been asked who I’m flying with or where my adult is at because they assume I’m a minor who can’t fly alone. I’ve gone to bars with my friends and have had hosts look at me and then turn to my friends to tell them I couldn’t sit at the bar or be there with em before they even thought to ask for my ID, haha. Most recently a cashier sprung up conversation with me and said something like, “one day, when you’re in college…” not knowing I am a junior in college, and if it weren’t for a gap year I would’ve been graduating this year, haha.
I don’t mind it, I know it’s not a bad thing. I guess personally I don’t think I look that young but I guess I’m a lil biased.
You have the rest of your life for everyone to assume you're an adult so enjoy it while it lasts imo

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, LittleAndAlone and lilbabyjooce
I'm usually mistakened for a 12 yr. old by most people, but I'm 23. I only sometimes get kids meals but often I don't.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, PaddedRita and longallsboy
I have the opposite problem. I go to pull out my id and cashiers are like "Sir, put that away, I can clearly tell you're old enough." Considering most places around here card until you're 40, I must look terrible (I'm over 40, but not THAT much over, lol).

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Been a long time since anyone carded me. But back in my 20's I could easily pass for a teenager.

Most people never guess my age correctly.
I've had people younger than me tell me "when you get to be my age..." and in my head I'm think I was your age about 10 or so years ago.

I use to work at a major social media company. My first day I'm excited, I'm working for this major social media company! The next day I'm thinking I might be the oldest person here. The third day my team was talking about sporting events that we didn't see when it happened, and only thought videos, streaming and such. They assumed I was close to their ages. When I did the math in my head, I realized they thought I was maybe barely 30. I learned if I don't talk about my love of 80s music, they couldn't tell. Eventually someone asked me straight out. I showed them I was almost 50 at the time.

I'll be 52 this summer.

I think being a Little keeps my soul/energy/vibe younger.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, babyscotty37 and lilstevie56
All the time! Most annoying one was when j was quite sick with a chest infection ( got asthma and was on steroids and anti biotics) and I got id’d for cough syrup, except I hadn’t taken my id because who knew you had to be a certain age for it? So I had to leave empty handed 😭😭

• Sad
The same thing happens to me! I guess it's just my body language or something. Sometimes it is annoying because I don't always get treated fairly like other adults. For example, I will be in a group of other people and never get selected to demonstrate the task at hand. On the other side, people tell me I look young and it does actually make me feel more little. ☺

That remark that a youthful look will come in handy later on, I get told that, too. TBH, overall, I am glad that I still have boyish features and traits. Whatever it is that comes across as young. It is all natural, but I am not naive! 🤪

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and ShyBoo81
LittleJ123 said:
I was at the grocery store last night, doing some shopping at the self checkout. For context, I was wearing an astronaut t-shirt with stars and planets on it with light blue jeans and converse shoes. Among my groceries was a bottle of ready to drink margarita mix (watermelon flavored). The self checkout machine announced that I needed associate approval to confirm my age (21 or older here in the USA) before I could finish checking out. A clerk in her late sixties came over and I showed her my ID. "I just need to make sure..." she started - inspecting the card "...because you look about twelve years old." I laughed at this. She suddenly realized how outspoken that must have sounded "I don't know, was that an insult or a compliment?" She asked me. "I'm sure it will pay off even more later on - when I'm older." I replied and smiled. "Have a great one!" I waved to her like a little kid, and she said goodbye. A lot of people might have been insulted by a comment like that - especially when it delays something they feel entitled to - like getting a drink. Honestly though, I really appreciated hearing that from her. Definitely made me feel little - even when I was trying to purchase groceries like an adult! :ROFLMAO:
Its not all that.. I am in my 50s and i get it every time i purchase alcohol. Self Checks are automated to alert for a associate to confirm so minors dont use it to check out..

As a passing thought, Ive always wondered if induldging in diapers was the secret to a youthful appearance (as silly as that is). When people usually guess my age they're always between 5-10 years off. Currently 33.

Last edited:
At my previous job as a delivery driver, once in a while people would point out that I look way too young to be driving the huge vans I drove at work. Then they get surprised when I tell them my age (28) It always made me smile when they say that lol. Also, once in a while people will ask me what school I go to, even though I already graduated college.

Im pretty proud that people still think Im younger than my actual age. I hope to keep my teen boyband look well into my 30s. Theres a female cosplayer I follow on Instagram who's in her 30s but still looks adorably youthfull, so I know its achievable!

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Sourpants
Therin said:
@LittleJ123 I love how you handled that situation with a good-natured grace!

Thank you! I'm sure she meant well.

Reactions: PaddedRita
Back