Little Feeling Sad🙍‍♀️Question

ShyGirl91

A sweet & innocent who just wants to be held
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
This is the first time in a long time my littles have gotten to wear diapers and use them for as long as they have this long weekend. Today, my two year old little is feeling so sad because she's wet and needs gentle, loving hands to change her.

I try to meet these needs; however I'm not a maternal figure to her.
While I'm thankful for the love and nurture she has/is receiving, it can be hard sometimes when one of her deepest needs isn't met the way she longs for it to be.

Is there anyone else whose heart sometimes aches for this? If so, is there a way to help ease the sadness that sometimes comes when feeling a deep realization that no one will meet this need except yourself?
How do I help comfort her about this?

• Wow
Reactions: dlboylife and Cottontail
I might know what you mean, although I guess I don't often pause and reflect on my dual role. Certainly I would enjoy a mommy other than myself. I'm cautiously optimistic that my wife might at some point decide to engage with my little side, although that might never happen. I've long since resolved to be happy with either destiny, but I won't say I'm not a little bit jealous when people share their experiences of being changed, bottle-fed, and so on. Sigh...

I'm afraid I don't have any advice per se. With respect to diaper changes specifically, I've wondered whether it would help me to get a changing mat, put some toys by it, and make the process a little more formal that I currently do--basically, embrace the mommy thing rather than try to pretend it's not something I have to do myself. Usually I just change my diaper in my home office, standing or sitting, and it's all very perfunctory and un-special. That's probably a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyGirl91
Yes, I understand what you mean with feeling a tad jealous. Mainly my heart just aches.
However, I'm trying to work through the possibility that I may not ever get to have that part of me experience this the way she longs to. 🩷

I think putting toys around a changing mat is a good idea.
Thank you for sharing your input with me. 😊

Reactions: Lyric and Cottontail
Back