I struck gold!

Squishynappy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Firstly I should say hello, this is my first post. I used to be a frequent poster some years ago but had lost interest in engaging with the community but now feel like i would like to come back, but I probably wont post as frequently as I used to.
So I am very excited today as i have just bagged myself a pack of vintage Ultra Pampers nappies, I have a thing for vintage disposable nappies especially Pampers and have lusted after getting some, I already have a few single vintage nappies, mostly Pampers, a few Peaudouce and some other brands I cannot identify but because of the high price even for single nappies I have refrained from wetting them, there has always been a strong urge as i want to experience how they feel wet, have not wet a Ultra Pampers for like 37 years so I have forgotten, although I guess I enjoyed it as that's why I still love wearing and wetting disposable nappies. I tried old fashioned terry nappies as that's what my mum (my real mum) said I wore as a baby, showing my age now! she said there were no disposables back then but I have since found out there were, they were just expensive and not widely available in the UK, especially in more rural communities. I have found ways to enjoy the vintage nappies I have which hasn't involved wetting them which is effectively ruining them, I suppose that's would be the equivalent of a comic collector having a rare comic and then just ripping it and throwing it in the bin! but nappies are supposed to be wet and I have 35 to play with, its not a whole pack, 5 have been removed so I think for sure I am going to be wetting 1 or 2! To say i am excited about their arrival is an understatement, I should have them by Thursday.

• Love
Reactions: oldskool, theancientmariner, LaLoneDigi and 8 others
Congrats! I am also a vintage diaper collector! Nice to meet someone else with that passion.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Squishynappy
Hello and welcome. Congratulations on scoring the vintage Ultra Pampers.

Sorry, no pics, no believe.
Seeing is believing.

Reactions: Squishynappy
Nowididit said:
Sorry, no pics, no believe.
Seeing is believing.
Oh believe me, there will be pics, once I have them!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Can’t wait to see them!

I have a box of toddler pampers ultra from 1987. I wear one every few years for special occasions.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, GabyinPurple and Squishynappy
babybobby said:
Can’t wait to see them!

I have a box of toddler pampers ultra from 1987. I wear one every few years for special occasions.
That's what I plan to do, the price I paid for them I want to ration them but I can enjoy just seeing the pack, seeing those ultra pampers and thinking those are my ultra pampers just the thought of it makes me happy! They are girl Pampers and I'm not a sissy baby but it doesn't matter, it's not as if I am going to be showing them off to anyone! other than on here. Despite my best friends and most of my family know I am ABDL I just don't think they would appreciate or understand why I would pay so much for a bag of old nappies, especially ones that I can't even wear!
I am not sure what year these are from, I know they did not arrive in the UK until 87 I am not sure when they dropped the ultra but from old adverts I have seen they were still ultra in 91 but not in 92 so mine could be from 87-91 it might say somewhere on the pack.

congrats i want to buy some vintage pampers but the price of them and not knowing if they would fit me puts me off as i dont know what waist size they would fit xxx

😘😘😘josiexxx

babybobby said:
Can’t wait to see them!

That's what I plan to do, the price I paid for them I want to ration them but I can enjoy just seeing the pack, seeing those ultra pampers and thinking those are my ultra pampers just the thought of it makes me happy! They are girl Pampers and I'm not a sissy baby but it doesn't matter, it's not as if I am going to be showing them off to anyone! other than on here. Despite my best friends and most of my family know I am ABDL I just don't think they would appreciate or understand why I would pay so much for a bag of old nappies, especially ones that I can't even wear!
I am not sure what year these are from, I know they did not arrive in the UK until 87 I am not sure when they dropped the ultra but from old adverts I have seen they were still ultra in 91 but not in 92 so mine could be from 87-91 it might say somewhere on the pack.
DLJosie said:
congrats i want to buy some vintage pampers but the price of them and not knowing if they would fit me puts me off as i dont know what waist size they would fit xxx

😘😘😘josiexxx
Yes they certainly are not cheap. I paid more than I really wanted to but I had to have them, they rarely are available in my country it seems that a lot are purchased by people in the US and imported, then I have to pay the shipping costs and VAT so at least I was finally able to get some in my own country! as for fit, well the nappies back then did seem larger but I would think that even the largest size would not truly fit an adult, even a slim adult, there was no stretch to them like todays nappies, they could be perhaps modified. Before Pampers switched to the cloth feel covers I used to cut some slits into the wings and thread a elasticated strip of fabric though which I attached popper fasteners to to attach them, basically a elasticated belt, it worked to a degree, as in it held them in place but they never really truly fitted, much like today even with the stretchy sides I can actually just about stretch them round my hips to attach the tabs but not on the character panel, the little flap bits on the side, which tear of after a while! they make red marks on my hips but I still do it now and again because in my mind I am wearing real pampers so therefore I am a baby! but if you were planning on buying vintage nappies with the intention of actually wearing them, without modification I would revaluate your plan.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and DLJosie
Squishynappy said:

Yes they certainly are not cheap. I paid more than I really wanted to but I had to have them, they rarely are available in my country it seems that a lot are purchased by people in the US and imported, then I have to pay the shipping costs and VAT so at least I was finally able to get some in my own country! as for fit, well the nappies back then did seem larger but I would think that even the largest size would not truly fit an adult, even a slim adult, there was no stretch to them like todays nappies, they could be perhaps modified. Before Pampers switched to the cloth feel covers I used to cut some slits into the wings and thread a elasticated strip of fabric though which I attached popper fasteners to to attach them, basically a elasticated belt, it worked to a degree, as in it held them in place but they never really truly fitted, much like today even with the stretchy sides I can actually just about stretch them round my hips to attach the tabs but not on the character panel, the little flap bits on the side, which tear of after a while! they make red marks on my hips but I still do it now and again because in my mind I am wearing real pampers so therefore I am a baby! but if you were planning on buying vintage nappies with the intention of actually wearing them, without modification I would revaluate your plan.
thankks for the reply and yeah i will have to re-evaluate my plan and not bother as i wouldnt want to waste the nappys as i have never modified any b4 xxx

😘😘😘josie xxx

My treasure has arrived, will post more pic of the nappies themselves at some point. Some appear to have greyish spots on them, I think those are going to be the sacrificial lambs. Ultra Pampers 1.JPGUltra Pampers 3.JPGUltra Pampers 2.JPG

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, DiaperLifer, theancientmariner and 4 others
will you use them?

What years were these ? Were these around early 90s perhaps?

JayJay19 said:
will you use them?
Some will be used, actually without going into to much detail, I have already used one but not in the way that they were intended for! I will leave that to your imagination! As for wetting them I will use them sparingly on special occasions, Christmas is coming up so I might be waking up on Christmas day in wet Pampers!

MikeDJ said:
What years were these ? Were these around early 90s perhaps?
From what I can tell from adverts the gender specific Pampers were introduced in 89 (in Europe and UK) I think my particular nappies might be from 91 when they introduced compact Pampers as my package looks more like the ones in the advert . I thought there might be a date on the code on the package, there is a time but I cannot see any date. By 92 they had been phased out when they introduced Pampers phases (see what I did there) not the gender specific nappies (they went on until 97) but seems to be when they dropped the ultra.

Any change you can do a side by side comparison with todays pampers size 8?

Yes I can do that.

I have these same diapers in my collection too! Love the plastic feeling.

Its the best!

do you have more pictures of them?

Back