Has anyone here ever seen or been in a tornado?

I live smack in the middle of Oklahoma. So yeah I have seen far more than my far share. I use to sell and install storm shelters too.

Look up May 3rd1999 in Oklahoma. It does not get much worse than this day.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and KBoy
Hurricanes, really fast wind, water spouts, big ones. But no tornadoes, they are dangerous, But what fascinating weather.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
This was close enough to me at one point I'll say I was in it. Houses less than a mile from me were piles of rubble and I'm still finding pieces of them in my yard occasionally.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Wow
I wanna thank everyone who has shared their stories here. It means quite a lot to me as I have never had the opportunity to hear people’s tornadic experiences first hand.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and jamiejamie
Ohwhy10 said:
I wanna thank everyone who has shared their stories here. It means quite a lot to me as I have never had the opportunity to hear people’s tornadic experiences first hand.
It’s not pleasant! But I can say is less stressful than hurricanes cuz you spend days prepping for it and then wait it out. Tornadoes is quick and fast- happens in minutes but scary experience.

Ohwhy10 said:
So I'm really into extreme weather and i really want to go storm chase tornadoes. I'm wondering if anyone here has seen, been near or has been caught in a tornado?
Nine !!!!

• Wow
Back