Has anyone here ever seen or been in a tornado?

CutestPaddedFemboy

Always diapered when drawing
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
So I'm really into extreme weather and i really want to go storm chase tornadoes. I'm wondering if anyone here has seen, been near or has been caught in a tornado?

Reactions: babybenji, Angelapinks, LaLoneDigi and 1 other person
I've never been in one proper, but I was once within half a mile as one passed by. It was a hail and high winds. Everything not nailed down was flying sideways. Advice: Where's the best place to be during a tornado? - Somewhere else.

• Love
Reactions: babybenji, skunk053, Jorelaxed and 3 others
We saw one at the Colorado/Kansas border late in the evening while returning home from vacation. The police had closed Interstate 70 and each time there was a lightning flash you could see it in the distance. Lucky for us it was moving away.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and Edgewater
One tore through our small town once. I was in a commercial building which I guess it went over. I was in the back of the building and there was only a small window in a garage door. I heard the wind then all of a sudden it turned pitch black. I heard a loud noise then a couple of minutes later all the office workers upstairs came running down to get to the basement. It was already passed by then. It took off part of the roof and and bunch of trees were down blocking roads. I had to walk home. I don’t remember any deaths or injuries being reported but it destroyed our town bowling alley.

Reactions: KBoy, LaLoneDigi and Edgewater
I’ve been in several when I lived in Kansas. One side of the street in shambles. While the other side untouched. Nasty things to be in

Reactions: KBoy, skunk053, LaLoneDigi and 2 others
Have been in or near several and as many water spouts!
Very dangerous and one should have several skills that a Chase Group requires.
If you have limited skills your not going to be on a paid Chase Group and likely does not have the equipment to both chase and run!
Safety of the Team is critical and newbies tend to be in the way.
The season is slowing and you really want to place your efforts targeting and joining groups as they form for next years chase.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and TeeMousy
I was in an EF2

Reactions: LaLoneDigi, TeeMousy and Edgewater
I was in the center (more or less) of an F1 tornado. I was working in our church in Ohio, accompanying a tenor who was being taught several pieces we'd use in church. We were in a basement area of the church but the windows looked out on the street. Suddenly it seemed like a summer storm was blowing up and you know how in a thunderstorm, it will get windy and you'd see leaves blow buy. It was like that except we were seeing trees blow by and it sounded like a freight train was passing through.

Fortunately for us, the tornado had lifted up as it passed over the church and then lowered down. It hit a bank and afterward, the shell of the building consisted of twisted steel beams. It hit the Oldsmobile dealership and dropped 7 or 8 big old Oldsmobiles into the Cuyahoga river. It was one of those things you never forget.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi, TeeMousy and Edgewater
I almost did. I remembered 12 years ago, it was a EF3 tornado outbreak in Springfield, MA. I lived in eastern Massachusetts so, didn't hit us but, we were scared. Almost I had to go to our basement. We just had a tornado 2 weeks ago at the Rhode Island and Massachusetts border.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Two tornadoes and one waterspout, and a boatload of other severe marine weather. I chase weather all the time, but don't have the opportunity to go on long tornado alley storm chasing trips. So I wait until weather is in the area. It's worth it to see different severe weather even if it's not tornadoes!

Last edited:
Ohwhy10 said:
So I'm really into extreme weather and i really want to go storm chase tornadoes. I'm wondering if anyone here has seen, been near or has been caught in a tornado?

Reactions: LaLoneDigi
Nope, as close as I came was seeing Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton in “Twister”.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: babybenji, SofiaInPampers, LaLoneDigi and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
Have been in or near several and as many water spouts!
Very dangerous and one should have several skills that a Chase Group requires.
If you have limited skills your not going to be on a paid Chase Group and likely does not have the equipment to both chase and run!
Safety of the Team is critical and newbies tend to be in the way.
The season is slowing and you really want to place your efforts targeting and joining groups as they form for next years chase.
I'm from the uk so if i want to chase i have to be really prepared as i would only have a short time to do it. also tornado season never really ends, it just moves.

Last edited:
Reactions: babybenji, LaLoneDigi and Edgewater
TeeMousy said:
One tore through our small town once. I was in a commercial building which I guess it went over. I was in the back of the building and there was only a small window in a garage door. I heard the wind then all of a sudden it turned pitch black. I heard a loud noise then a couple of minutes later all the office workers upstairs came running down to get to the basement. It was already passed by then. It took off part of the roof and and bunch of trees were down blocking roads. I had to walk home. I don’t remember any deaths or injuries being reported but it destroyed our town bowling alley.
what is the name of the town? I wanna find this tornado

Reactions: TeeMousy
Erm. I live in the UK so we don't have tornados as such so I have never experienced one. I have seen them on TV though and in movies. People must be crazy to want to chase these things. Aren't they rather dangerous to life and limb?. Too scary for me even in adult mode. lol.

Reactions: Kirisin and Edgewater
I have seen funnel clouds before and had a tornado less than a mile from house. I did not get to see it. But I do want to see one live.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi
babyjoe698 said:
I have seen funnel clouds before and had a tornado less than a mile from house. I did not get to see it. But I do want to see one live.
can you tell me where you live and what year the tornado was? I wanna try find it

I grew up and have lived much of my life in tornado alley. I've seen two and been close enough to one that I was quite scared. Afterward, a found a piece of straw that had been driven into a tree, which was quite something to see.

Storm chasers are a special breed ... not that you can't do it, but the activity certainly carries a significant risk.

Reactions: Cottontail, LaLoneDigi, Edgewater and 1 other person
Back