• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

First post. Looking for support to help cope with IC

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
I’m at the crying stage currently. When do I know to try again without them? I wish there was someone I could come up with a plan. Check in on me and make sure I’m wearing 24/7, and staying hydrated and sleeping. Then like a goal day to make it to and then evaluate.

I work 80 hour weeks. With 3 TBIs, PTSD and ADHD, it’s really hard to sometimes take care of basic things
I'm in the process of composing a longer response that will address some of your specific concerns expressed in your more recent post. I only partially replied to the last message because I thought that first part was urgent and I wanted to get it right out to you.

I will happily check in on you. This ongoing conversation seems to be very constructive, and I'm happy to continue to help you, if you are benefitting from it. I'm not an actual doctor, but I do know a lot about the practical aspect of these things, including both the physiology and psychology, having made it a self-study for many years. Additopnally, God seems to have given me the heart and words to help people who are hurting. I'm honored to help you any way I can.

I'm back to working on the longer response. In the meantime, know that you will come out OK, somehow. 🫂

• Love
Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413
PadPhilosopher said:
I'm in the process of composing a longer response that will address some of your specific concerns expressed in your more recent post. I only partially replied to the last message because I thought that first part was urgent and I wanted to get it right out to you.

I will happily check in on you. This ongoing conversation seems to be very constructive, and I'm happy to continue to help you, if you are benefitting from it. I'm not an actual doctor, but I do know a lot about the practical aspect of these things, including both the physiology and psychology, having made it a self-study for many years. Additopnally, God seems to have given me the heart and words to help people who are hurting. I'm honored to help you any way I can.

I'm back to working on the longer response. In the meantime, know that you will come out OK, somehow. 🫂
I appreciate the help for as long as you want to give it. Right now, I’m considering having no diaper on now as a “breathe out”. Instead of me just stopping all together

Reactions: southeastlittle and PadPhilosopher
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
I’m at the crying stage currently. When do I know to try again without them? I wish there was someone I could come up with a plan. Check in on me and make sure I’m wearing 24/7, and staying hydrated and sleeping. Then like a goal day to make it to and then evaluate.

I work 80 hour weeks. With 3 TBIs, PTSD and ADHD, it’s really hard to sometimes take care of basic things
I want to address some things from your last couple of posts at length, and I think it will help you feel better about things, or at least, maybe make peace with them. I hope so.

For you to feel the urge and just let go because you're wearing a diaper and you're comfy is absolutely NOT wrong. It is a practical decision, and in no way means you have a fetish. You're not hurting anyone, including yourself, and you may be helping yourself. Let me give my rationale for saying so.

You face a dual challenge, as a result of your traumas. The physical challenge is that you have been injured in such a way that your bladder no longer functions reliably. This may or may not heal over time; it seems like the damage is neurological, not muscular. I base this on your statements to the effect that you can technically hold it, but your bladder is bad at telling you when it needs to go. The consensus seems to be that nerve damage generally does not reverse, but there have been notable exceptions to this. It is conceivable that in time, you may find that your bladder starts giving you clearer signals again, and you are able to regain normal bladder function. There is likely nothing to do on this other than wait and see.

In the meantime, forcing yourself to clench hold to the bursting point because of fear that your bladder will leak on you can have serious effects on the musculature involved. While it is true that the muscles need some exercise to remain strong, it is equally true that constant overexertion, as it seems you've been doing, will potentially damage them, and you may end up with musculature problems perched atop the neurological ones. If your nerves eventually heal, but you've damaged the muscles, you may find that you're not much, if any, ahead. This is part of why I was so urgent about getting you in diapers 24/7. You need to stop overstressing the muscles involved, so that they don't get damaged.

The other part of why I was so urgent about getting you in diapers 24/7 is that you have an emotional challenge, but sadly, it is by far the more complex part of the puzzle, and there is no easy answer. You are understandably unwilling to simply wet your pants, or the bed, or the couch, etc., and understandably afraid of doing so, and the obvious solution is simply to wear a diaper all the time. This is an excellent solution practically, addressing all of those problems, and also the need to be able to relax, not overstrain your bladder and pelvic muscles, and get the good, healing sleep you so desperately need. You also have trauma induced fears related to your intimate area, which are aided by the sense of shielding that wearing a diaper gives. So far, everything about 24/7 diaper wearing is a win..... But of course, that's not everything. Your "parent" was extremely cruel, and gave you psychological trauma related to wearing a diaper, which, piled on by other rude relatives and a lingering social stigma, makes the idea of wearing diapers itself horrifying. You are afraid that you will be criticized if you wear diapers 24/7. You are afraid of having to wear diapers 24/7 for the rest of your life, and afraid that if you do now, you're always going to need them. I'm basically spelling this out to make sure I really understand all the dynamics here. Correct me if I've gotten anything incorrect.

I am going to take a fairly controversial position here, one which I know contradicts what Diaperman95, whom I greatly respect, said. I don't think that your primary focus should be on the physiological aspects of this. I think for right now, you should focus on getting diapers that work for you, let the diapers do their job, and just relax and heal. It is possible that what little control you still have you will lose, but it is also possible that you would have lost it anyway, but with more pain and suffering on the journey. I think it is also possible that by allowing yourself to properly rest, and not overstraining yourself in mind or body, you will be able to heal, and eventually your body will work more like it once did. I am very concerned about the damage you've been doing to your emotions and body desperately clinging to an amount of control which is not enough to really be useful, since you have to cause yourself pain and injury to have it be of any use at all, and even then, it's still not reliable.

I know that coping with all this will require adaptation beyond the physical act of wearing diapers 24/7. Your emotions are going to be a roller coaster. I wish I could say some magic words to relieve your fear of criticism, but I know that it isn't that simple. But, people who love you will accept you in diapers. You didn't ask to be molested, or assaulted. This was all done to you, and doing what you must to cope with the effects of that is the only reasonable thing to do. You are an amazing woman, and a survivor on so many levels. Don't let the opinions of cruel people define your life. In so very many ways, including literally, this is not worth losing sleep over.

There is another thread about "The Dance," or trying to make it to the toilet, not making it most of the time, and the frustration that results. I like what hbic60 said: "I fully understand and had the same thoughts at the beginning of my IC. But it took not too long for me to accept my new condition. I stopped trying to rush to the bathroom with every urge coming up and - more and more often - simply used my protection I have to wear anyway. This brought me a lot of peace and comfort and enhanced my quality of life quite a lot. Whom does it make happy to try to use the toilet under all circumstances?" You can read his entire post here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/the-dance.183225/post-2442968 But I'd like you to think about that question: Whom does it make happy to try to use the toilet under all circumstances? People who are rude to you? I'm sure they'll be rude to you about something else, if not diapers. Again, those who love you will love you in diapers.

It may sound like I'm recommending you give up the idea of ever having useful bladder control again. If you decide that that would be the best thing for your own health, mental and physical, I would be supportive of that. But I'm not necessarily recommending it. Clearly you would like to get it back at some point, so what I would recommend is to monitor your bladder. Don't try to force it to do anything at all for, say, the next two weeks, and see what it does. See if you're feeling the urge to go more often, or less often. Two weeks will not significantly affect your muscle tone, but may give you an idea of where the neurological aspects of things are going. Maybe carry a little notepad, write down the date, and make hash marks every time you feel the urge to go. Just go in your diaper, for now, unless a toilet is very convenient and you feel like getting there, but most importantly note that you did actually get that cue. The nervous system is very affected by things like sleep deprivation and dehydration. It is possible that after resting well and being properly hydrated, even for a short period of time, you may see an increase in the effectiveness of those signals reaching your brain. This may provide at least a bit of a guess at what the future of your needs might be, but two weeks is a drop in the bucket compared to the three years you've already been dealing with this. Still, it gives a plan with a date.

I can't see your future. I don't know if 24/7 diapers are a short or a lifelong part of your future. Only God knows that. But I know that you can live a full and happy life either way. God will be with you through whatever you must face, and He will give you the strength you need, and He can give you peace and joy on top of it. I'm asking Him to give you those things, and I believe He will!

• Love
Reactions: Lethdale and PTSDSurvivor413
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
I appreciate the help for as long as you want to give it. Right now, I’m considering having no diaper on now as a “breathe out”. Instead of me just stopping all together
A breather is good, but it would be best if you can do it in a way that you're not afraid of a leak so you're not tense and clenched the whole time. I explained why in my long post, just sent.

PadPhilosopher said:
I want to address some things from your last couple of posts at length, and I think it will help you feel better about things, or at least, maybe make peace with them. I hope so.

For you to feel the urge and just let go because you're wearing a diaper and you're comfy is absolutely NOT wrong. It is a practical decision, and in no way means you have a fetish. You're not hurting anyone, including yourself, and you may be helping yourself. Let me give my rationale for saying so.

You face a dual challenge, as a result of your traumas. The physical challenge is that you have been injured in such a way that your bladder no longer functions reliably. This may or may not heal over time; it seems like the damage is neurological, not muscular. I base this on your statements to the effect that you can technically hold it, but your bladder is bad at telling you when it needs to go. The consensus seems to be that nerve damage generally does not reverse, but there have been notable exceptions to this. It is conceivable that in time, you may find that your bladder starts giving you clearer signals again, and you are able to regain normal bladder function. There is likely nothing to do on this other than wait and see.

In the meantime, forcing yourself to clench hold to the bursting point because of fear that your bladder will leak on you can have serious effects on the musculature involved. While it is true that the muscles need some exercise to remain strong, it is equally true that constant overexertion, as it seems you've been doing, will potentially damage them, and you may end up with musculature problems perched atop the neurological ones. If your nerves eventually heal, but you've damaged the muscles, you may find that you're not much, if any, ahead. This is part of why I was so urgent about getting you in diapers 24/7. You need to stop overstressing the muscles involved, so that they don't get damaged.

The other part of why I was so urgent about getting you in diapers 24/7 is that you have an emotional challenge, but sadly, it is by far the more complex part of the puzzle, and there is no easy answer. You are understandably unwilling to simply wet your pants, or the bed, or the couch, etc., and understandably afraid of doing so, and the obvious solution is simply to wear a diaper all the time. This is an excellent solution practically, addressing all of those problems, and also the need to be able to relax, not overstrain your bladder and pelvic muscles, and get the good, healing sleep you so desperately need. You also have trauma induced fears related to your intimate area, which are aided by the sense of shielding that wearing a diaper gives. So far, everything about 24/7 diaper wearing is a win..... But of course, that's not everything. Your "parent" was extremely cruel, and gave you psychological trauma related to wearing a diaper, which, piled on by other rude relatives and a lingering social stigma, makes the idea of wearing diapers itself horrifying. You are afraid that you will be criticized if you wear diapers 24/7. You are afraid of having to wear diapers 24/7 for the rest of your life, and afraid that if you do now, you're always going to need them. I'm basically spelling this out to make sure I really understand all the dynamics here. Correct me if I've gotten anything incorrect.

I am going to take a fairly controversial position here, one which I know contradicts what Diaperman95, whom I greatly respect, said. I don't think that your primary focus should be on the physiological aspects of this. I think for right now, you should focus on getting diapers that work for you, let the diapers do their job, and just relax and heal. It is possible that what little control you still have you will lose, but it is also possible that you would have lost it anyway, but with more pain and suffering on the journey. I think it is also possible that by allowing yourself to properly rest, and not overstraining yourself in mind or body, you will be able to heal, and eventually your body will work more like it once did. I am very concerned about the damage you've been doing to your emotions and body desperately clinging to an amount of control which is not enough to really be useful, since you have to cause yourself pain and injury to have it be of any use at all, and even then, it's still not reliable.

I know that coping with all this will require adaptation beyond the physical act of wearing diapers 24/7. Your emotions are going to be a roller coaster. I wish I could say some magic words to relieve your fear of criticism, but I know that it isn't that simple. But, people who love you will accept you in diapers. You didn't ask to be molested, or assaulted. This was all done to you, and doing what you must to cope with the effects of that is the only reasonable thing to do. You are an amazing woman, and a survivor on so many levels. Don't let the opinions of cruel people define your life. In so very many ways, including literally, this is not worth losing sleep over.

There is another thread about "The Dance," or trying to make it to the toilet, not making it most of the time, and the frustration that results. I like what hbic60 said: "I fully understand and had the same thoughts at the beginning of my IC. But it took not too long for me to accept my new condition. I stopped trying to rush to the bathroom with every urge coming up and - more and more often - simply used my protection I have to wear anyway. This brought me a lot of peace and comfort and enhanced my quality of life quite a lot. Whom does it make happy to try to use the toilet under all circumstances?" You can read his entire post here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/the-dance.183225/post-2442968 But I'd like you to think about that question: Whom does it make happy to try to use the toilet under all circumstances? People who are rude to you? I'm sure they'll be rude to you about something else, if not diapers. Again, those who love you will love you in diapers.

It may sound like I'm recommending you give up the idea of ever having useful bladder control again. If you decide that that would be the best thing for your own health, mental and physical, I would be supportive of that. But I'm not necessarily recommending it. Clearly you would like to get it back at some point, so what I would recommend is to monitor your bladder. Don't try to force it to do anything at all for, say, the next two weeks, and see what it does. See if you're feeling the urge to go more often, or less often. Two weeks will not significantly affect your muscle tone, but may give you an idea of where the neurological aspects of things are going. Maybe carry a little notepad, write down the date, and make hash marks every time you feel the urge to go. Just go in your diaper, for now, unless a toilet is very convenient and you feel like getting there, but most importantly note that you did actually get that cue. The nervous system is very affected by things like sleep deprivation and dehydration. It is possible that after resting well and being properly hydrated, even for a short period of time, you may see an increase in the effectiveness of those signals reaching your brain. This may provide at least a bit of a guess at what the future of your needs might be, but two weeks is a drop in the bucket compared to the three years you've already been dealing with this. Still, it gives a plan with a date.

I can't see your future. I don't know if 24/7 diapers are a short or a lifelong part of your future. Only God knows that. But I know that you can live a full and happy life either way. God will be with you through whatever you must face, and He will give you the strength you need, and He can give you peace and joy on top of it. I'm asking Him to give you those things, and I believe He will!
You legit hit anything and everything emotionally and physically. You described my mental battle 100%. All the things you said about the trauma/damage sustained and what I’m feeling, it brought tears to my eyes because I think finally truly understands what’s going on.

I dosed off during the breather and wetted 😕. Luckily I had a towel on from the shower.

After reading everything. For as bad as my pain is down there and the amount of sleep deprivation I have, I’ll commit to 24/7 for a month. Then reevaluate. 2 weeks I can see myself just bailing regardless of the result. But a month will give better information. And I need to focus on no stress or tension. Let the bladder and pelvic floor rest and let it flow.

Please hold me accountable. I want to heal and feel better. Unfortunately, with something this delicate, I need checking and confirming. I think the last time I was 24/7 consistently was when I was in the hospital for 12 days. I had no choice. Because they took over every aspect. Which I don’t need that lol, but still someone to check and confirm.

I did just put a diaper on. I have diaper rash so I used the cream I have(very soothing). And I’ll try to use that each change or at least morning and night.

Thank you so very much. You along with others have been amazing and what I need. 💙

Grabbed a bottle of water to sip on too 👍 and just to double check, ok to leave it on and not change till the morning? During the day, I’ll set a reminder to go check the wetness indicator. Due to all the injuries, only way I can tell if I have a wet diaper was to feel the wetness. Which rarely happens with the diapers I have

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
You legit hit anything and everything emotionally and physically. You described my mental battle 100%. All the things you said about the trauma/damage sustained and what I’m feeling, it brought tears to my eyes because I think finally truly understands what’s going on.

I dosed off during the breather and wetted 😕. Luckily I had a towel on from the shower.

After reading everything. For as bad as my pain is down there and the amount of sleep deprivation I have, I’ll commit to 24/7 for a month. Then reevaluate. 2 weeks I can see myself just bailing regardless of the result. But a month will give better information. And I need to focus on no stress or tension. Let the bladder and pelvic floor rest and let it flow.

Please hold me accountable. I want to heal and feel better. Unfortunately, with something this delicate, I need checking and confirming. I think the last time I was 24/7 consistently was when I was in the hospital for 12 days. I had no choice. Because they took over every aspect. Which I don’t need that lol, but still someone to check and confirm.

I did just put a diaper on. I have diaper rash so I used the cream I have(very soothing). And I’ll try to use that each change or at least morning and night.

Thank you so very much. You along with others have been amazing and what I need. 💙

Grabbed a bottle of water to sip on too 👍 and just to double check, ok to leave it on and not change till the morning? During the day, I’ll set a reminder to go check the wetness indicator. Due to all the injuries, only way I can tell if I have a wet diaper was to feel the wetness. Which rarely happens with the diapers I have
I'm so honored that it sounds like I was able to help you. God has given me the ability to listen and understand, and some knowledge along the way. I'm glad it seems like it's been helpful. A big part of being able to help you was your openness about your situation.

You do not need to change out of your nighttime diaper until you get up in the morning. Technology will protect your skin and your bed.

I like your plan. I will support you in it.

Rest well. You need it. God be with you.

PadPhilosopher said:
I'm so honored that it sounds like I was able to help you. God has given me the ability to listen and understand, and some knowledge along the way. I'm glad it seems like it's been helpful. A big part of being able to help you was your openness about your situation.

You do not need to change out of your nighttime diaper until you get up in the morning. Technology will protect your skin and your bed.

I like your plan. I will support you in it.

Rest well. You need it. God be with you.
God Bess you as well. In bed relaxing. I’ve kept the diaper on. I’ll let you know how the night goes. Have a great night!

Little anxiety. But I’ll try not to stress and keep it on all night. Rest and relax. I’m 100% safe and it’s more than ok to be in a diaper and use it for its purpose

• Love
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
God Bess you as well. In bed relaxing. I’ve kept the diaper on. I’ll let you know how the night goes. Have a great night!

Little anxiety. But I’ll try not to stress and keep it on all night. Rest and relax. I’m 100% safe and it’s more than ok to be in a diaper and use it for its purpose
Thank you. I'm glad you're able to relax. No stress allowed. "More than OK" is exquisitely right; wearing and using that diaper is exactly what you need to do right now. You are safe, and you can finally rest properly.

Forget your bladder exists for tonight and have a restful sleep.

PadPhilosopher said:
Thank you. I'm glad you're able to relax. No stress allowed. "More than OK" is exquisitely right; wearing and using that diaper is exactly what you need to do right now. You are safe, and you can finally rest properly.

Forget your bladder exists for tonight and have a restful sleep.
Good morning!

Been working for an hour already. Slept through the night :) diapered before I left the house. Today is going to be hard. Out in the field so nervous people will notice. But breathing through it

• Love
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Good morning!

Been working for an hour already. Slept through the night :) diapered before I left the house. Today is going to be hard. Out in the field so nervous people will notice. But breathing through it
Keep breathing. No one will notice, no one will care. You're going to feel so much better at the end of the day compared to previous days, because you haven't been clenched all day.

Have a great day!

Another thought: what you said earlier leads me to believe you're probably wearing MagaMax today. You will likely only need one change, at about the halfway point in your very long-sounding work day. They have a lot of capacity. For a typical 8 hour day, you might not need to change at all. Do monitor it, but you may be pleasantly surprised.

I hope your work day is going super well, with hydration and relaxation allowing you to feel healthy and alive!

PadPhilosopher said:
Another thought: what you said earlier leads me to believe you're probably wearing MagaMax today. You will likely only need one change, at about the halfway point in your very long-sounding work day. They have a lot of capacity. For a typical 8 hour day, you might not need to change at all. Do monitor it, but you may be pleasantly surprised.

I hope your work day is going super well, with hydration and relaxation allowing you to feel healthy and alive!
hey! Still diapered. Just changed from the morning. This is the part of the day when the anxiety starts hitting hard. I get hit with bouts of anxiety/panic. I want so badly to take it off. Yet I’ve been staying hydrated so I don’t have such a bad headache. I just hear prior comments in my head. “If you can stil kind of feel it, you shouldn’t wear them,” “try a pad instead or a pull up, you don’t need an actual diaper,” “do you really have bladder problems or just not trying/not pay attention,” how come you had a wet diaper while being home, the bathroom is right there?” And it just goes on and on. But when I left the house this morning, I had the mindset “this is an injury that needs to rest completely, your diapered and stop thinking about it. 😕🤦🏼‍♀️

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
hey! Still diapered. Just changed from the morning. This is the part of the day when the anxiety starts hitting hard. I get hit with bouts of anxiety/panic. I want so badly to take it off. Yet I’ve been staying hydrated so I don’t have such a bad headache. I just hear prior comments in my head. “If you can stil kind of feel it, you shouldn’t wear them,” “try a pad instead or a pull up, you don’t need an actual diaper,” “do you really have bladder problems or just not trying/not pay attention,” how come you had a wet diaper while being home, the bathroom is right there?” And it just goes on and on. But when I left the house this morning, I had the mindset “this is an injury that needs to rest completely, your diapered and stop thinking about it. 😕🤦🏼‍♀️
I have been praying for you fervently already this afternoon. Now I know how to be more specific.

Stay diapered, stay hydrated (a headache is the least of the potential dehydration issues!) and that mindset this morning is absolutely correct. The commenters don't live your life, and obviously haven't made the effort to understand your situation. Courage! Stay the course!

Last edited:
Diaperman95 said:
Hello...Welcome. I had made a post on your home page before reading your story. I also so sorry these people stole so very much from you. But you are a survivor and you will overcome incontinence too. 30+ years of IC here. I think you have gotten a lot of great advice from a few of our finest IC members. Do keep in mind most members are not incontinent and they do not understand out daily struggles and fears. the fears of what might happen is worse than it happening. I tell you holding your intake is never a good Idea it leads to concentrated urine, dehydration possible UTI even kidney stones or kidney damage. So do not hold drinking for fear because nothing good comes out of it. If you feel more at ease wear a diaper 24/7 it is not a big deal. Yo do not have to use it infact it is best not to just give up and say oh well I am diapered because it will get worst fast doing that. If you want to try a great pull up try seni super plus. Amazon has them and at a far price.( Link below, you can buy just a bag but this is case price) Also if you contact seni direct they will send you some free samples or they use too. They do make tab diapers and they are good for clothback tab, But... Clothback disposables almost always loosen and leak. then the outer cloth back gets wet and rubs you dry. But seni does make a exelent pull up that holds lot. My wife uses them. If you are a heavy bed wetter maybe pull ups are not the best Idea during the day. Also depending on the amount you leak and how often you can layer pull ups. Like use 2 or even 3 of the lighter pull ups. When one is soaked fi=un to the potty and tear away the wet one and pull back up the dry one. I use to do this a lot when I used pull ups. Because to put them on you have to take your pants and shoes off. So it is a instant change and you do not need to carry a diaper bag every place you go. lclude ose relaxed clothes and you can hide about anything. I use what I feel is the best diaper made mega max from NS. They are of the highest quality and I can go longest with out changing. Safely too as it pulls all urine away from the skin. Diapers like mega max that are plastic back and have a plastic landing strip and wide tapes are my favorite kind because they do not stretch and sag.

Like I said you have had great advice. If you questions or concerns are IC related try and post them in the incontinent section and you will get far more input from those of us forced to wear. Remember if wearing starts to get overwhelming just ask yourself what would any human on earth do if they was faced with incontinence? They would strap on a diaper and live life or the recloseude indoor never to be seen again. You are young lie your life. Be thankful we have such great products to choose from because trust me when I started it was not the case. I used a belted guard. Like I giant giant maxi pad with suspenders for the hips. You had to change often if using them.

I will say as for powders and creams I do not use them unless my sj=kin is trying to break out or broke out. Baby powder
can cause UTI's and the cream or many of the barrier creams will break down the glue holding the diaper together.

Best of luck I hope to see you around. Any questions you are more than welcome to PM me anytime, You are a very strong young lady and you re going to kick incontinents ass.

Look around because many diaper makers offer free samples or you pay shipping. Tena, previl, attends depends and way more. Never buy more than a bag at a time unless you know you like them for a faci. We are all different and the diaper all fit us different too. Fit is the main thing on good diapers. I do not care how much a diaper cost if it does not fit right around the legs it will leak. Anyway sorry to ramble on. Welcome to ADISC

Ordered some samples today!

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95 and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
I have been praying for you fervently already this afternoon. Now I know how to be more specific.

Stay diapered, stay hydrated (a headache is the least of the potential dehydration issues!) and that mindset this morning is absolutely correct. The commenters don't live your life, and obviously haven't made the effort to understand your situation. Courage! Stay the course!
Still going strong. Took the dog for a walk and got some tea to sip on. Turned a notification on my phone to either change or check wetness indicator. Hoping that helps me forget more about wearing. I did take an anxiety med to help ease a bit. Whenever my heart rhythm is off for longer than 15 min I know I’m about at my peak.

Have two more field assignments. PTSD therapy this evening as well

• Love
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Still going strong. Took the dog for a walk and got some tea to sip on. Turned a notification on my phone to either change or check wetness indicator. Hoping that helps me forget more about wearing. I did take an anxiety med to help ease a bit. Whenever my heart rhythm is off for longer than 15 min I know I’m about at my peak.

Have two more field assignments. PTSD therapy this evening as well
You're doing so well! Keep up the great work!

Edgewater said:
I commonly do not recommend cloth diapers to someone until they are more comfortable with wearing diapers daily and as a result have an understand of how much absorbency they need and what features are important.

Cloth diapers were once the only thing that was available as disposables back then were true junk. Today, the start-up costs of cloth diapers are extensive as is the number of support products and time needed. Those of us that wear cloth diapers have worn them for a long time and understand that Diaper Covers are a reality as they keep the urine in and helps move it around the diaper. For me, I have worn them for a very long time and the sweating is just a reality of wearing diapers, whether it is a disposable or a cloth diaper.

At this point, you are very busy with other things and what is available within the disposable lines will handle your requirements for now. Six months to a year from now would be a good time to consider whether cloth is a good option for you.
FYI @Edgewater , thanks for making the point about the cloth. I think you answered my question on another reply about the moisture and I shouldn’t use them due to diaper rash. So you saved me a lot of money! Thank you!

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Hey there!

I’ll try to be brief. Bedwetter on and off when I was young and then it would happen during high stress moments. Fast forward to a few years ago. I was jumped and sexually assaulted by two men outside of the hotel I was staying at for work. I was a virgin at the time because it was something I wanted to share with husband (if I ever got the chance). Sexually molested as a child, which makes sense for the bed wetting.

This is the struggle I have now. I get severe pain down below from the injuries. I also can barely tell when I need to use the restroom, the feeling is so fair and subtle I almost have to be thinking about it all the time. In times of flashbacks (from PTSD) I usually have an accident. Or during panic and anxiety attacks. I go back and forth between wearing diapers and not. I sleep much better at night if I wear a diaper to bed. I’m less stressed and anxious during the day when I wear a diaper during the day.

It’s just hard for me to be ok with wearing diapers for IC that’s situational. Also, it’s gotten to the point if I’m not padded up during the day I won’t drink liquids and I become dehydrated. I stay hydrated when I have a diaper on. And honestly I don’t focus on trying so hard to feel the urge then I just wet automatically in them without knowing half the time.

With all of this, I just feel embarrassed and ashamed I can’t figure it out. Or cannot be at peace with accepting maybe it’s time to just commit to 24/7 wearing and deal with the weird and horrible comments I get from family when I’m around them.

Anyways. That’s what is on my mind currently. Have a great night ya’ll!
Hey @PTSDSurvivor413 . Firstly, thank you so much for sharing your story with everyone. I want you to know that you're not alone in your struggles, and it takes incredible strength to open up about such personal experiences. I am sorry to hear about the traumatic events you've faced, and I am sure that as a community, we all admire your courage in trying every day to deal with these challenges.

It's completely understandable that you would have mixed feelings about wearing diapers, especially given the situational nature of your incontinence. Please know that there is no shame in prioritizing your comfort and well-being. Not just saying this as a company rep, but as a fellow human - if wearing diapers helps you feel more at ease and allows you to sleep better at night, then that's what matters most and you should absolutely wear them for your own peace of mind. It's also important to remember that managing incontinence is a journey, and it's okay to take things one step at a time. You're doing the best you can, and that's something to be proud of. Your health and hydration are top priorities, so please continue to take care of yourself and listen to your body's needs.

As for the comments from family members, I understand that they can be hurtful and challenging to deal with. It's okay to set boundaries and prioritize your own mental and emotional well-being. Surround yourself with people who support and uplift you, and don't be afraid to seek professional help if you need it. Most of all, please remember that you are strong and deserving of love and understanding just like everyone else on here. We're here to support you in any way we can, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you need assistance or just want to talk. Take care, and know that you're not alone in this journey. You got this! 💚💙

• Love
Reactions: TeeMousy, PTSDSurvivor413, MrDiaperLoverUK and 1 other person
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Ordered some samples today!
Awesome let us know what you think.

Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413 and PadPhilosopher
beware of incontrol products. They are decent products but their customer service sucks. They are rude and do not reply to emails. I had a defective bunch that I bought by a case price. They refunded the cost of each defective diaper from a case price and then told me to use my refund to replace them . Well buying a bag of diapers cost a lot more per diaper than a case so i could not even replace what was defective and then they told me I had to pay for the shipping as my refund was not enough to cover free shipping. I said well ones I received I could not use you should replace them at your cost not mine. Why not just send me 12 new diapers to replace to bad ones. Plus they made me take tons of photos and mark all the diapers so they can see I am not sending repete photos as the defect was the same on all. We had a few emails back and forth they told me to bad so sad that is the way it is. I had already purchased 4 cases from them in the past and told them I had intent on buying lots more if they made this right. I told them I was IC I need my products that I spend $250 a month on products. Every month. They do not care!!!!! They are treating their IC business the same as their ABDL company Rearz. They are one in the same. They ghosted my first the attempts to reach them too. I just was unhappy they knew it and told me to kick rocks. I told them I would tell everyone I speak too not to purchase from them and share my story. I have even contacted the company reps on here direct and the will not reply to me or even defend their actions. So I am warning you and anyone else. They do not stand behind their product and they do not care about the needs of incontinent people. Northshore mega max are better than anything they sell and they cost about the same.

You have a wonderful blessed day. Sorry to rant I just seen one of the reps trying to get you to purchase from them. They are not allowed to push their products on her anyway. They are just members to answer questions we may have of their product.

• Wow
Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413 and PadPhilosopher
Back