Does anyone remember?

One of my earliest vivid memories was from sometime between 4 and 5. I was at McDonald’s with some of my friends and their moms and we were playing in the play place. I was in the phase where I was still shy to poop sometimes and I would go hide and poop in my pull-up. I remember my mom was calling me to get out of the play place to come eat my happy meal but I remember I had to poop so I hid in the tunnels and pooped. Mom must have saw me hiding in there and knew what was happening (she had gotten pretty good at predicting my potty behavior by then and was exhausted by it I’m sure) and called out to me to come out right now. She added something like you better not be filling your pull-up young lady or you are going to be in big trouble. I eventually came out of the tunnels and mom immediately checked my pull-up and found it messy. Right away she picked me up and took me to the ladies room to change me and I remember that I not only got a change before eating my happy meal but I also got a spanking from her while in the ladies room too.

• Wow
Reactions: HenryABDL, babyscotty37, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I have some pretty clear memories of having my diapers changed on a changing table before potty training. I remember lifting my legs so my butt was in the air as part of the change. Not too many more specifics but I just remember feeling so comfy. I must have been around 3 when the memories started to form because I know I wasn't potty trained until after that.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
No not at all. I don’t actually have many memories of childhood and none of them about wearing diapers even though I was in the till 4

NihilisticPuppet said:
I have a vague memory of getting diaper rash and of getting my diaper changed as a toddler. The fact that I can remember it stems from one of two things:

1) It’s possible I got potty trained late enough to the point where I can remember. I was born insanely premature so I wouldn’t be surprised if I had a developmental delay. I questioned my mom though and she said I was potty trained at a normal age, but who knows if she was lying or misremembering.

2) I just have a good memory of my toddlerhood for some reason. I mean, I do remember the dogs my parents had very clearly, and they died when I wasn’t even 3 yet.
I know what its like to lose some pets, I mean I lost my pervious dog to] diabetes and internal bleeding, then lost a cat due to his bad liver
pets of my pervious pets
1: Sparkles
and
2:Oreo

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Luvshugs and NihilisticPuppet
I have quite a few memories of still being in diapers/pullups because I was a late potty trainer. It took me til I was around 4 to finally use the potty; pooping was the main issue, though I had plenty of wet accidents too.

I was big on hiding to poop in my diaper/pullup. When I had to poop I would tell me parents “I have to go hide” which they knew meant I was going to poop. My favorite spot was hiding in our laundry room. I have many memories of going in there and filling my diaper.

One of my most vivid memories takes place when I was almost 4. I had finally pooped in the potty the day before. The next morning I was wearing just a pull-up and a tshirt, and I had to poop. Even though I had just pooped in the potty yesterday, that morning I pooped in my pull-up. I remember my dad laying me on the floor to change me and while he was changing me he asked me what happened and why I pooped in my pullup since the day before I had gone in the potty.

I have a vague memory (from what I've gathered, from around the time I was 2) of being over at a family friend's house that was watching me and my sibling for the day. I was in the back bedroom on her bed, and I clearly remember there being poop on the bed (she was probably changing a messy diaper of mine). I clearly remember feeling out of place, but also funny, as the whole thought of poop on the bed seemed humorous to me.

• Wow
ShyGirl91 said:
Does anyone remember being in diapers when physically little?

Does anyone remember diaper checks and changes and how you were checked?

I have a vague memory of being laid down and changed. I remember daycare when I was a toddler and I have vivid memories. With as far back as I can remember, it surprises me I don't recall being checked and changed.
I remember being in my crib and this song that played from a toy and I remember feeling comforted.

Anyhoo, I know some were late(r) potty trainers and have memories and others don't remember at all because it was so long ago.

I'd like to hear your stories. ☺️
I remember being at day care, still in diapers watching another toddler girl get her diaper changed. The other memories I have as an older kid that should be out of diapers like age 5, I still wet myself snd sometimes had unexpected poopy accidents and the day care lady laid me down and diapered me on the mat in front of all the other kids that were not in diapers.

Reactions: southeastlittle
What a great topic for discussion!!
The only memory I have of my mom diapering me, when it wasn't a punishment was when I was about four. It was about bedtime and I was watching her getting my two-year-old sister ready for bed. She asked her if she wanted to wear a diaper to bed or training pants and she kept saying "Both!" Mom ended up diapering her.
As mom came out of my sister's room I asked her if I could wear a diaper to bed. I have no idea why, but she chose to oblige my desire to be diapered for bed. She laid me on the living room floor as she removed my PJ bottoms and went to get diapering supplies. She came back and I remember her folding two cloth diapers together. She then lifted my legs to slide the diaper under me and then powdered me. I still remember the joy, comfort, and serenity I felt as she pulled the diaper between my legs and pinned it in place. She then had me raise my legs high to slide the plastic pants on them and then lift them to slide the plastic pants around my diaper.
I waddled off to bed and fell asleep. I guess it was about the time my parents were headed to bed when I remember waking up as she pulled my covers back and put her fingers under my plastic pants to see if I needed to change me before she went to bed.
I don't remember the next morning, but I like to imagine getting out of bed and going to the kitchen where my mom puts me in a highchair and puts a bib on me. She then gives me a bowl of oatmeal to eat.

I have several other memories of being diapered by her not much after this as punishment for wetting my pants, even a little. My grandma also diapered me one summer month I was there for a couple of wetting accidents.

Reactions: Luvshugs
I have written about my diapered memories a few times before, and looking back it seems some parts might be slipping my mind now, or I have less confidence in the memories:

April 2020
My earliest memory of my life was when I was around 1 (plus or minus some, not quite sure), I had just been given a bath and my parents placed me on the bed to get dressed/diapered. Instead, I crawled around the bed naked (so technically, not my earliest memory in a diaper but instead outside of a diaper :LOL:). I remember being very entertained by this, and so were my parents. They eventually got me corralled and diapered (I assume, although I do not remember that part).

My earliest memories actually in diapers were probably when I was around 3 or 4 (maybe 5?). I do remember getting my diaper changed on the floor of the bathroom. I also remember, after my parents had successfully potty trained me (a little late), I refused to wear underwear because I didn't like them, so I just wore pants without any under garments (neither diapers nor underwear). My most vivid memories in diapers, or actually pull ups, were when I was in day care around this era, I remember being changed by the daycare workers. I also remember peering in the window to watch other kids getting their diapers/training pants changed. I saw others getting changed on the floor like a usual baby, I think because they had pooped themselves, and getting jealous of them. I do not remember getting changed like this, so I think I only had wetting accidents around then. Or I just wanted to wear the training pants/refused to be taken out of them and didn't have accidents.

July 2020
I remember in pre-school or daycare, most/many of us were potty training so in pullups or diapers. During recess, the teachers would bring kids inside and change their pullups as if they were babies, laying down, which I assume meant they were messing accidents but now that I think about it, they could have been wetting accidents too. I was never changed like this (the jealousy of which might have contributed to my like of diapers), but I think I was indeed wearing pullups (I was just good in using the toilet, darn my compliance lol).

April 2024
Even though I'm told I was potty trained a bit late (probably around 3 instead of the "usual" 2 or something of the time), I don't think I remember the actual process of potty training, but I have a few memories from the tail end of it that play into my like for diapers.

There are a few memories I have from when I was in pullups, but I believe I was by the time I was mostly potty trained wearing them. I remember at daycare I would use the potty at this time of wearing pullups, so I guess they were just in case and I was able to use the toilet most of the time. Or I'm remembering wrong and I wasn't actually in pullups at the time.

The memories from this era that really stick out to me was that I saw my classmates wearing and using their pullups. When we were out at recess, some of the kids would be brought in and were changed baby-style (laying on their backs) out of their pullups, probably because they had an accident, possibly a poopy one. I don't think I remember ever being changed like that, but/so I was really jealous of them.

I also remember after I was potty trained, I still wanted to wear and use the diapers that were still around at my house. I used some of them, but then my parents "hid" the diapers (possibly threw them away...)

I have a few memories, probably centered around 2yrs of age, I do remember laying on the floor and getting changed, my old bedroom setup with the crib against the wall and the changing table on the other wall, a few memories being at my grandma's house and waking up in a crib that was setup and my grandparents bedroom (smaller apartment) The weird thing about these memories is that I was obviously diapered, but I have zero feeling of what that memory felt like, its really weird to dive into it, idk if when your a baby because your a baby, a diaper is all you know so you dont really feel the diaper vs maybe the memory is so long ago that its fragmented and pieced together? I fun to try and recall; we recently had a death in the family and at the wake there were all these pictures hanging up, quite a few pics of me, my sisters and cousins when we were toddlers, see them brought back a lot on old memories in that sense, it kind of kick started a lot of things, there was one pic that had me when I was about 15-18 months being carried by my oldest sister, my mom mentioned that my sister would always carry me around and they were worried that I wouldnt learn to walk because of that..lol

I remember at age 3 be putting in a diaper before a church function and I did use it. I dont remember anything after that

I remember one time in particular. I forget what time of the day but it must have been a Sunday and my parents were taking a nap. I remember pooping in my diaper and went to ask my mom for a diaper change. She was sleepy but decided to change my diaper in the hallway. That’s the only time I can remember a diaper change.

I have random memories of my Grandma reading me bedtime stories that centered around not wearing diapers, but I have zero recollection of actually wearing them. I wish I could remember such a thing, but they must’ve made an impression regardless because I spent pretty much my entire childhood fantasizing about wearing them.

I have a really clear memory of around two years of age. At the time my parents were living in the basement apartment of my dad's parent's large farmhouse. I was wearing a medium blue jumper, I guess it was, that had plastic pants as part of the outfit. I had poopooed my diaper and mom laid me on their bed to change me. She had to remove the outfit which just had straps that came over my shoulders and buttoned to the top front.
I remember her using a wet washcloth to clean me up and then putting on some plastic pants and a white T-shirt.
No idea why I have this memory. I had other memories at this early age, and in my early 20s, I checked their accuracy with my parents. But I didn't share this one!!

Reactions: Luvshugs and KCA
Back