Does anyone remember?

I only have one memory of being in diapers as a small child. I was probably like 3 at the time and I had wet my pants at the baby sitter so they put me in a diaper. I don't remember the actual diapering part just having the wet pants and being upset about being put back in a diaper. I don't remember the rest of the day but I do remember being home that evening and being able to feel the diaper between my legs. I remember how crinkly it was. My brother asked me what it felt like to be in a diaper. I don't remember much after that but I do hold this event as one of the reasons for me being an ABDL.

Reactions: ShyGirl91
gnd567 said:
I have several memories of wearing diapers.
Most of them revolve around me being up on the changing table having my diaper changed by either my mom or the babysitter. I remember being very upset because the babysitter made me get a diaper change while I was in the middle of watching the end of an episode of “Sesame Street” and by the time she had finished changing me, the episode was over and I had missed the end!

Another time, also at the babysitter’s, all of us kids were supposed to be napping but as usual, I couldn’t sleep… I guess some things never change, lol. Anyway, the other kids were asleep and I remember sitting on the little cots she had for us to sleep on and poking the front of my very wet diaper, finding it amusing for some reason.

How old were you then?

My earliest memory of being in diapers was at my grandmas house at age 5 or so which would have been in 1994. I spent the night at my grandmas house while I was still wetting the bed back then and all she had were plastic backed Huggies, so my mom asked me if I would wear one that night and I said I would. I remember sitting on the couch in my diaper watching the Twilight Zone and trying to wet it but I couldn't for some reason and was upset about it :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: hersen
I have memories of being a baby some going back to when I was two, but they are mainly traumatic ones. I have to thank my older brothers for them, but I remember being in diapers until I was for and being changed by my mom and older sister, when I was around three. I also remember going on vacation in diapers, when I was two and a half as well, it was the first time my parent tried disposable diapers on me.

southeastlittle said:
How old were you then?

My earliest memory of being in diapers was at my grandmas house at age 5 or so which would have been in 1994. I spent the night at my grandmas house while I was still wetting the bed back then and all she had were plastic backed Huggies, so my mom asked me if I would wear one that night and I said I would. I remember sitting on the couch in my diaper watching the Twilight Zone and trying to wet it but I couldn't for some reason and was upset about it :LOL:
I think I was close to 3 years old so it would have been in 1993 or 1994. I remember they were Pampers,

I remember running from my grandma's kitchen to the bathroom... My grandma was fixing her hair and I was wearing a baby blue tee shirt and a blue diaper with (I think) Big Bird?... Grandma told me it was time for a change... I ran off laughing, she caught me and changed me on the changing table... I think I was 3. So like late 1986 or 1987? Early 1988 maybe? I know it was before preschool

• Love
Reactions: ShyGirl91, tobid03 and KCA
All my earliest memories are of others in nappies or getting changed, desperately wishing it was me. I was bullied out of them very early, despite having many accidents and wet beds following that.

I do have one strong memory of being caught in my baby brothers plastic pants, I couldn’t have been more than 3yo, can’t tell you the outcome, but no doubt it was laughed off.

I wish I’d be fortunate enough to have memories of being diapered for bed wetting but it was only ever used as a threat. Growing up as a young kid, my attention was always focused on or triggered by baby stuff, and of course nappies being quintessentially babyish was always on my radar.

Reactions: ShyGirl91, KCA and Luvshugs
What seems to be my very first memory, oddly enough, is of having my diaper changed on my changing table. Perhaps that's part of where my attachment to diapers comes from? I remember one of my parents (though I'm not sure which, probably my mom) leaning over me, talking to me, and seeing the diaper being folded into place and taped up. It's a really nice memory, that makes me feel safe, happy, and loved.

I also remember the feel of baby wipes. Those things were darn cold! We had a yellow plastic cylinder dispenser for my baby wipes, with a photo of a baby on it. I remember the color theme of the label was yellow with orange accents, and maybe a dark green or blue in some spots. I could swear it might have been Baby Magic, the shape of the dispenser basically matched their bottle shapes, narrowing a bit right below the top before widening again, but I don't think Baby Magic started making wipes until the late 90s, so I'm thoroughly puzzled. The wipes hung around for many years, for cleaning up my plastic sheet when I had an accident (which is why I remember their smell so well), as well as sometimes for cleaning me, though my parents greatly preferred to have me take a bath. So many nights of suddenly having to take a bath in the middle of the night...

I also have at least one memory of being in the nursery at church, wearing a diaper, apparently without pants, and being fascinated by the texture and crinkle of the plastic and the landing zone, as well as the prints on the landing zone.

I also have memories of diaper packages being opened. I'm not sure if my parents were opening them, or if they were letting me help by opening them, but I clearly remember the repeating stacatto ripping sound of the perforated plastic of the bags. I think I was opening at least some of them, myself. I've long wished to have the freedom to replicate that sound. To be able to store my diapers openly enough that it's practical to just fully rip open a diaper package like that, with vigor. Instead, I'm always carefully opening them just enough to get diapers out of them easily, because the packages themselves are necessary to keep everything neat, contained, and easily hidden. I also think they've made the bags thinner, though, so I don't even think they'd still make that bass-heavy ripping sound anymore, even if I did tear into one, and current packages seem much less likely to want to happily tear only along the perforation, and not just go sideways suddenly and start tearing the bag itself.

I also remember just how comically large my diaper pail was, compared to me. I mean, that thing was at least twice as tall as I was, and about two or three times as wide, too. It was huge, about as high as my changing table was. I would not want to be the one stuck emptying that, if it ever got remotely close to full...

They say it's impossible for people to remember things from when they were babies, but...as far as I know, I was out of diapers at two years old (though I think my parents were crazy to do so; I had so many accidents, day and night, for so many years, but I don't even remember night diapers, just wet sheets), so I'm obviously remembering stuff from pretty darn early, and the more I think about it, almost every memory I have from my first few years of life somehow revolves around diapers. That might explain a lot...

I don't remember ever wearing Pull-Ups. I'm not sure that I ever did, honestly. I just remember diapers and then underwear, though my changing table seemed to hang around for a while. I think I was quite upset when my parents dismantled it and took it out of my room. I think my mom had to reassure me that it was in the basement, and they could set it up again if I needed it. I desperately wanted and hoped (and honestly, strictly from a practical perspective, as well as from a perspective of avoiding unnecessary suffering from frequent accidents, I still say I needed) to be put back in diapers. Seeing my changing table vanish was really disheartening.

I do remember my training potty, and the actual toilet phase of training, and how I had a potty book I'd read, where the main character was very clearly wearing a diaper or thick training pant of some sort. At least once I was using the actual toilet, I remember that I would sit there, reading the potty book, wishing I had some sort of diaper like the main character did. I loved my potty book, because even though it was a book about potty training, it showed someone my age wearing some sort of diaper, and it kind of made me feel better, and I could live vicariously through that character. I think my parents noticed I had a weird attachment to my potty book, and would tend to not turn the pages, and just stare at it...

I also remember being on a playdate with a friend, and at some point, his mom took him away to his changing table, where she very clearly changed him into a diaper, which struck me as very strange, since there were packs of Pull-Ups stored under his changing table, though they didn't necessarily seem to be open, yet. I think that I thought he was already trained, but...I guess not.

Last edited:
Reactions: denis97y, ShyGirl91, arctic and 3 others
DelC said:
What seems to be my very first memory, oddly enough, is of having my diaper changed on my changing table. Perhaps that's part of where my attachment to diapers comes from? I remember one of my parents (though I'm not sure which, probably my mom) leaning over me, talking to me, and seeing the diaper being folded into place and taped up. It's a really nice memory, that makes me feel safe, happy, and loved.
That is a nice memory, I would love to be able to remember something like that.
DelC said:
They say it's impossible for people to remember things from when they were babies, but...as far as I know, I was out of diapers at two years old (though I think my parents were crazy to do so; I had so many accidents, day and night, for so many years, but I don't even remember night diapers, just wet sheets), so I'm obviously remembering stuff from pretty darn early, and the more I think about it, almost every memory I have from my first few years of life somehow revolves around diapers.
I have some very clear memories of age 2, but unfortunately none of them were of me wearing diapers. I remember running around the living room after a bath, without any clothes on, and my mom saying I was naked and trying to catch me. I was so young I must have still been in diapers, but I don't remember my mom putting a diaper on me.

I remember the 5 gallon bucket in the bathroom that we used for a diaper pail, but I'm not sure if that was while I was still in diapers or if it was for my younger siblings.

I don't remember much of being potty trained, but I do remember the potty chair and looking down into it and seeing pee in the bottom. I'm not sure if I remember using it or if it's just my brain trying to fill in the details by visualizing what it must have looked like.

I remember when my brother was being potty trained and I remember my mom putting a diaper on him for bedtime and him not wanting to wear a diaper. I think that was when I was still young enough to have been in diapers for bed too. I have an image of standing up, looking down at a cloth diaper that was pinned on me, but I think I was 4 at the time, after I had been potty trained. I remember I used to wear plastic pants to bed sometimes in case I wet the bed.

I wish I could remember having my diaper changed, but I know I must have liked it. I remember being 5, seeing other kids have their diapers changed and being very envious of them, and wishing it was me laying on the floor being wiped.

Reactions: arctic
ShyGirl91 said:
Does anyone remember being in diapers when physically little?

Does anyone remember diaper checks and changes and how you were checked?

I have a vague memory of being laid down and changed. I remember daycare when I was a toddler and I have vivid memories. With as far back as I can remember, it surprises me I don't recall being checked and changed.
I remember being in my crib and this song that played from a toy and I remember feeling comforted.

Anyhoo, I know some were late(r) potty trainers and have memories and others don't remember at all because it was so long ago.

I'd like to hear your stories. ☺️

Yes. I was in diapers probably longer than was normal at the time. I can vividly remember wearing the 90s pampers and then pull ups during the day.

There was one incident when I think I was about 4-5 that my parents were trying to toilet train me. I rebelled. They'd bought my brother some kind of diapers that had animal prints on them. I put them on and kept them on, which irritated my mother considerably.

There was another incident when I was in church. I took a diaper from the nursery and put it on in the bathroom. I didn't use it but I wanted to feel it.

There were several incidents when I was 4-6 that involved pull ups. Pull ups were my favorite. I remember faking not wanting to have to wear them and putting on quite a demonstration about it. Very "don't throw me in the briar patch" type protests.

And I can also remember faking a few reasons to need goodnites when I was about 13-14. That was when they were all-white with BMX bikes printed on them.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, ShyGirl91 and diaperkool
I remember a TON about wearing diapers as a kid, but before 5 or 6, maybe just some fleeting memories.

I remember sleeping in a crib, and having my diapers put on before being put in the crib. Somehow, I got my thumb stuck in part of the crib. I remember lying on Mom and Dad's bed to get my night diaper put on. I was being goofy and when I had to lift up my bum, I put my knees next to my ears. I can remember a cloth book I had that used to entertain me when I was getting a diaper change...but don't remember what it was.

My memories of diaper changes kind of all meld together. Not sure how old I was for some of them. I do remember my changing pad was white with blue animals (?) on it. I think that was around from when I was a baby up until past 6 years, judging from pictures. I can recall having my bum cleaned with a warm cloth and also those...think they were called One Wipes or something - in a plastic container.

I do have a couple memories of being put a diaper because I'd messed my pants that are from before I started school. There are way more memories of me doing that in my older years LOL.

There is a picture of me wearing only cloth diapers, well oversized plastic pants standing next to a changing pad, with a new package of cloth diapers. I guess the oversize was meant for me to grow into.

I don't recall being checked as a toddler. When I was older, I'd get asked, "How's your diaper?" and I'd always lie...thinking back, the reason I was being asked is likely because it was obvious. It always ended up being called over, turned around and have the back of my diaper looked in.

Does anyone remember diaper checks and changes and how you were checked?

I have a vague memory of being laid down and changed. I remember daycare when I was a toddler and I have vivid memories. With as far back as I can remember, it surprises me I don't recall being checked and changed.
I remember being in my crib and this song that played from a toy and I remember feeling comforted.

Reactions: ShyGirl91 and Luvshugs
I can remember when I was about 3 my mom switching from cloth to disposables. I recollect dad bringing home a box of pampers. My grandmother when I was 4, had to help get me potty trained as I was stubborn. Was a bed wetter till about 10 but this was before pull ups or good nights were around. I remember arguing with mom that I should be allowed to wear a diaper at night for bed wetting but never won that one.

I was 3-4 years my sister wear me into diaper for fun, it was pampers. This is my last memory being kid

I honestly don't remember my baby days, but my childhood was a bit dark, sometimes I wish I could just go back my baby days, cause I have some of my cousins are still young, and it makes me a bit jealous... :rolleyes:

• Sad
I have a memory of me running around my house naked after a bath around the time I was diapered, but nothing specific. Maybe the hint of a memory of a diaper change but it wasn't anything major.

I have written elsewhere on this site though that my grandma kept me diapered at night. I wasn't a bedwetter but she told me I had to stay in the crib until she got up, except she slept in until about 10 or 11am. I would just wet my diaper and go back to bed. I can remember waking up with the thick crinkly diaper long enough to wet and go back to sleep without even batting an eye lid. When my mom found out and finally grilled me about it she was furious with my grandma. I didn't mind the diapers all that much, but it was a big deal for me to finally join my big brothers out in the living room instead of the crib. If it wasn't for that feeling of acceptance and approval by them I would have probably stayed in diapers for much longer.

BigKid25 said:
I have a memory of me running around my house naked after a bath around the time I was diapered, but nothing specific. Maybe the hint of a memory of a diaper change but it wasn't anything major.

I have written elsewhere on this site though that my grandma kept me diapered at night. I wasn't a bedwetter but she told me I had to stay in the crib until she got up, except she slept in until about 10 or 11am. I would just wet my diaper and go back to bed. I can remember waking up with the thick crinkly diaper long enough to wet and go back to sleep without even batting an eye lid. When my mom found out and finally grilled me about it she was furious with my grandma. I didn't mind the diapers all that much, but it was a big deal for me to finally join my big brothers out in the living room instead of the crib. If it wasn't for that feeling of acceptance and approval by them I would have probably stayed in diapers for much longer.
I see

I feel like I don't remember 80% of my childhood lol it's sooooo hard to remember things from back then and I'm not sure why. Even now, I feel like I'm very forgetful. Idk lol maybe my brain is broken. I feel like I see sooo many people who remember their childhood in extreme detail. I am not one of them apparently lol

Reactions: NihilisticPuppet and ShyGirl91
binkyyybunnyyy said:
I feel like I don't remember 80% of my childhood lol it's sooooo hard to remember things from back then and I'm not sure why. Even now, I feel like I'm very forgetful. Idk lol maybe my brain is broken. I feel like I see sooo many people who remember their childhood in extreme detail. I am not one of them apparently lol
i have some vivid memories but a lot of my childhood is a blank and those vivid memories kind of act as markers in my life if that makes sense. i understand!!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and binkyyybunnyyy
ShyGirl91 said:
i have some vivid memories but a lot of my childhood is a blank and those vivid memories kind of act as markers in my life if that makes sense. i understand!!
Exactly!! Yes!! Haha!!

I have a vague memory of getting diaper rash and of getting my diaper changed as a toddler. The fact that I can remember it stems from one of two things:

1) It’s possible I got potty trained late enough to the point where I can remember. I was born insanely premature so I wouldn’t be surprised if I had a developmental delay. I questioned my mom though and she said I was potty trained at a normal age, but who knows if she was lying or misremembering.

2) I just have a good memory of my toddlerhood for some reason. I mean, I do remember the dogs my parents had very clearly, and they died when I wasn’t even 3 yet.

I have a couple vague memories of put back in diapers. I recall being put in diapers against my will Most likely at bed time. I remember crying and screaming I don’t need diapers. Wind milling my legs to try to get mom to stop.
As I recall the fist time , she relented. But another time I remember the mood being much less forgiving. As I carried on I ended up being held down by Dad while Mom pinned on my diapers. I’m guessing, but I seem to think I was three or four at the time.
Another time I recall my older sister and I shopping with my Gradma. While shopping she bought a pair of rubber pants. I was so proud to be a big boy and on the way home chattered on how I was big and didn’t need rubber pants for babies. Interestingly the sense still in me was that I was really scared the rubber pants were for me. Hence the reason to declare I no longer need diapers

I clearly recall waking up the next morning in bright sunlight streaming in the window. I suddenly realized I was diapered. And it was really wet. I remember thinking “oh. I wet my diaper.” not really minding that I was diapered AND wet. I would have been around two when this happened. Sad how all those early memories don’t exist…

Back